ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307938)

Baby Lee 05-27-2019 09:51 AM

ROFL ROFL - Courtesy of Sean Clements - Brienne ends her arc as Doogie Howser summarizing in her diary.

http://www.ericdwoods.com/wp-content...wser-md-51.jpg

Bowser 05-27-2019 07:22 PM

Sitting here staring at a blank TV screen like

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/vUepBQzPaE5Ww" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/idris-elba-ruth-wilson-vUepBQzPaE5Ww">via GIPHY</a></p>

Discuss Thrower 05-27-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14284996)

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/vUepBQzPaE5Ww" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/idris-elba-ruth-wilson-vUepBQzPaE5Ww">via GIPHY</a></p>

Succession if you want to keep your HBO sub.

BigRedChief 05-28-2019 06:35 PM

Most of you know that George RR Martin and HBO we’re exploring 4 different spin offs from GOT. Looks like bloodmoon is the only one that’s going to make it to actually production.

One of those was Bryan Godman and George RR Martin working on the Arya explores what’s West of Westeros. It’s dead. George RR Martin says he doesn’t have time. Maybe after he finishes the GOT books. :eek:

Godman has moved on to producing and writing Amazon’s LOTR series.

RustShack 05-28-2019 06:51 PM

Don’t they have a spin-off starting production in June? Based on events 1,000 years earlier?

keg in kc 05-28-2019 07:01 PM

That Cogman prequel cancellation "news" happened a month ago. As far as I know there are still three spinoffs in development, Bloodmoon and two that are in the script stage. I read an article in Hollywood Reporter talking about all three of them last week.
Quote:

George R.R. Martin has said there are three prequels still in the mix, two in the script stage and the third a pilot to be filmed this summer. Is that accurate? Can you clarify which are the two scripts that are still active?

I am not clarifying anything other than yes, we shoot the first pilot in June. There are two more in development and beyond that, there's nothing else to report.

You've got the pilot and two other scripts in the works. What plans do you have at the moment to put other projects into development? Or are you waiting to see what happens with the other two scripts?

There are no plans currently to put anything more in development. We're not actively looking or going beyond what we've got in the current pilot.

If both of those scripts come in well and the pilot does, too, do you do three more Game of Thrones shows?

(Laughs) All theoretical and all high-class problems! Who knows?! I'm not ruling it in, and I'm not ruling it out! I'm trying my best not to give you definitive answers to fuel speculation.

ChiefsCountry 05-28-2019 07:02 PM

Bloodmoon will take a few years to keep things going before they make a movie or bring back GoT IMO.

ChiefsCountry 05-28-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14285285)
Succession if you want to keep your HBO sub.

:clap: Damn good show is Succession.

Also Ballers, its cheesy as hell but its sports, money and boobs.

keg in kc 05-28-2019 07:08 PM

Never even heard of Succession. That's what happens when they don't have Game of Thrones on for two years. I miss everything that happens in between.

Discuss Thrower 05-28-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14286041)
Never even heard of Succession. That's what happens when they don't have Game of Thrones on for two years. I miss everything that happens in between.

Dallas, except here it's a family-owned global multimedia conglomerate and the Ewings are all conniving or deranged assholes.

keg in kc 05-28-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14286051)
Dallas, except here it's a family-owned global multimedia conglomerate and the Ewings are all conniving or deranged assholes.

So it's the Murdochs, then.

Discuss Thrower 05-28-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14286053)
So it's the Murdochs, then.

With Disney money, theme parks and cruise line.

RustShack 05-28-2019 07:26 PM

I was wrong, 10,000 years in the past and called Bloodmoon, or as referenced in GoT.. The Long Night.

Frazod 05-28-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 14286076)
I was wrong, 10,000 years in the past and called Bloodmoon, or as referenced in GoT.. The Long Night.

And the crew all shake their heads and think great, another decade of ****ing night shoots. LMAO

listopencil 05-29-2019 02:31 AM

So apparently Kit Harrington had to check himself into a retreat because of how shitty the GOT ending was. It messed him up and he needs help now.

Sure-Oz 05-29-2019 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 14286321)
So apparently Kit Harrington had to check himself into a retreat because of how shitty the GOT ending was. It messed him up and he needs help now.

Hopefully he will get well soon. Gotta be stressful leaving a show like that when it ends.
Quote I saw from a random acct

@Kit_Haringtcn: "I feel like my heart is breaking. I love this show more than anything. It has never been a job for me. It's been my life. And this will always be the greatest thing I will ever do or be a part of." – Kit Harington on the last day of filming #GameOfThrones #TheLastWatch https://twitter.com/Kit_Haringtcn/st...196864/photo/1

Baby Lee 05-29-2019 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14286324)

That was in the documentary this past weekend, hence the #TheLastWatch.

Setsuna 05-29-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14284996)

Hey it's Black Superman! He can't be just Superman, but Black Superman! :facepalm:

chiefzilla1501 05-29-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14286324)
Hopefully he will get well soon. Gotta be stressful leaving a show like that when it ends.

@Kit_Haringtcn: "I feel like my heart is breaking. I love this show more than anything. It has never been a job for me. It's been my life. And this will always be the greatest thing I will ever do or be a part of." – Kit Harington on the last day of filming #GameOfThrones #TheLastWatch https://twitter.com/Kit_Haringtcn/st...196864/photo/1

It's why I don't think it can be dismissed how much this show needed to end. Maybe it ended too soon. But I imagine there's a point when people associated with the show start to get drained. This isn't a sitcom or ER when you can just write characters in and out. This is a show that has a specific end in mind.

I'm also reminded of when Jason Segel completely checked out of the last scene of how I met your mother. The series may have ended too soon, but thankfully it didn't end too late.

RustShack 05-29-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Because it was ending. Not because of how it ended.

DJ's left nut 05-29-2019 09:54 AM

Harrington's a bit of a snowflake and just an overall strange cat, it seems.

And yeah, this is more about him just being a little uncomfortable first with fame and then with uncertainty.

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/28/kit-h...ign=SocialFlow

BigRedChief 05-29-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14286581)
Harrington's a bit of a snowflake and just an overall strange cat, it seems.

And yeah, this is more about him just being a little uncomfortable first with fame and then with uncertainty.

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/28/kit-h...ign=SocialFlow

the dude is rich with royal bloodlines stretching back 100’s of years. He’s led a privlidged life.

DJ's left nut 05-29-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14286597)
the dude is rich with royal bloodlines stretching back 100’s of years. He’s led a privlidged life.

Rose Leslie also has some sort of royal heritage in Scotland; her family owns literal castles and has for centuries.

So yeah - not likely to have much of a grounded support system in place anywhere either...

UK_Chief 05-29-2019 11:49 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhKOV3nImQ

(Probably a huge QQQQQQQQ, but IDGAF)

DJ's left nut 06-04-2019 10:15 PM

You know what the best part about re-watching this show is?

I can skip everything involving Catelyn Stark (without Tyrion) and anything involving Daenerys (without her getting railed).

It cuts out about 20-30 minutes per episode and saves a lot of chaff.

Jesus Catelyn Stark sucks. And man I miss Rodrik Cassel.

Buehler445 06-04-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14294794)

I can skip everything involving Catelyn Stark (without Tyrion) and anything involving Daenerys (without her getting railed).

ROFL

This is an excellent observation.

FAX 06-06-2019 06:28 AM

Quote:

Actually, a lot of people are doing that. D&D have double-handedly, instantly, and exponentially added 58 percentage points to the opioid crisis.

FAX

BigRedChief 06-06-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14294794)

The whole Mereen plot could have been told in 1/4 of the time. What did learning about the history of Mereen and the cities political complications do for the GOT story? What was the point of Doren? Same thing 1/4 of the time.

they cut out all the Iron Islands political stuff about clans/history/politics to select the new ruler. If D&D were going to skimp at the end, there was a lot of brush that could have been cleared to allow a fleshed out story to be told at the end.

BigRedChief 06-06-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14286651)
Rose Leslie also has some sort of royal heritage in Scotland; her family owns literal castles and has for centuries.

So yeah - not likely to have much of a grounded support system in place anywhere either...

Lack of support system notwithstanding....I cant handle all this fame and riches? I'm too stressed? Have to go to rehab to learn to deal with stress?

Sorry but I've got no sympathy. Every ****ing day millions of people struggle with the basics of feeding their kids and themselves.Thats "real" stress.

DJ's left nut 06-06-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14296370)
The whole Mereen plot could have been told in 1/4 of the time. What did learning about the history of Mereen and the cities political complications do for the GOT story? What was the point of Doren? Same thing 1/4 of the time.

they cut out all the Iron Islands political stuff about clans/history/politics to select the new ruler. If D&D were going to skimp at the end, there was a lot of brush that could have been cleared to allow a fleshed out story to be told at the end.

Sandsnake tits?

Mmmmmm.....sandsnake tits....

BigRedChief 06-06-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14296385)
Sandsnake tits?

Mmmmmm.....sandsnake tits....

No way do you cut that, but those tits could have shown up in another place. Got caught in Kings Landing coming to assassinate the Mountain etc.

DJ's left nut 06-06-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14296388)
No way do you cut that, but those tits could have shown up in another place. Got caught in Kings Landing coming to assassinate the Mountain etc.

And miss the Bob Hope/Bing Crosby inspired hijinks of Bronn and Jaime?

Baby Lee 06-06-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14296399)
And miss the Bob Hope/Bing Crosby inspired hijinks of Bronn and Jaime?

We're on the rooooad to Castle Sun-speeaaarrrrrr!!!!!

Chiefspants 06-06-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14296370)
The whole Mereen plot could have been told in 1/4 of the time.

That plot, from the very beginning, was always meant to be a "stall" plot in the books to give Dany something to do while the other characters caught up with her.

If you hated the length of it in the show, in the books it seems to go on forever.

crazycoffey 06-06-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14296378)
Lack of support system notwithstanding....I cant handle all this fame and riches? I'm too stressed? Have to go to rehab to learn to deal with stress?

Sorry but I've got no sympathy. Every ****ing day millions of people struggle with the basics of feeding their kids and themselves.Thats "real" stress.

I’ll take “problems I’d like to have!” For $1000, Alex

DJ's left nut 06-06-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14296757)
That plot, from the very beginning, was always meant to be a "stall" plot in the books to give Dany something to do while the other characters caught up with her.

If you hated the length of it in the show, in the books it seems to go on forever.

And was almost exclusively her blathering about her birthright and how much she wants to bang Daario because he's just so dreamy.

As bad as she was in the show (and she was bad), she was so much worse in the books. I started skipping her POV chapters because I just could not have possibly cared less.

Frazod 06-06-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14296833)
And was almost exclusively her blathering about her birthright and how much she wants to bang Daario because he's just so dreamy.

As bad as she was in the show (and she was bad), she was so much worse in the books. I started skipping her POV chapters because I just could not have possibly cared less.

They weren't as bad as the Sansa chapters. Close, but... ****, book Sansa was (is?) awful. Eventually I just started skipping all the Sansa chapters and read them once I was done with everything else.

Bowser 06-06-2019 02:13 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9QvZSeOEkrs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 06-06-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14296859)
They weren't as bad as the Sansa chapters. Close, but... ****, book Sansa was (is?) awful. Eventually I just started skipping all the Sansa chapters and read them once I was done with everything else.

Were Sansa’s chapters the ones that would spend pages describing food and colors of clothing and shit? Or was that Catelyn?

DJ's left nut 06-06-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14297068)
Were Sansa’s chapters the ones that would spend pages describing food and colors of clothing and shit? Or was that Catelyn?

Does it matter? They were both shit.

BigRedChief 06-06-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

100’s of pages. :shake:

Frazod 06-06-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Well, that was pretty much all of them. The only difference is that chapters about Jon, Arya and Tyrion were backed up by interesting characters.

IIRC, since it's been eight ****ing years since I read the last book (**** you Martin), book Sansa is still in the Eyrie, and all the shit that happened to her in Winterfell is happening to a minor character who has been passed off by the Boltons as Arya. Sansa is still just a weepy, whiny do-nothing.

Ned should have spared the direwolf and killed her.

ChiefsCountry 06-06-2019 06:42 PM

Rewatching the series there is a lot of shit that could easily be cut out of each season.

ThaVirus 06-06-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 14297557)
Rewatching the series there is a lot of shit that could easily be cut out of each season.

Like what?

Discuss Thrower 06-06-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14297580)
Like what?

Anything involving Dorne after Oberyn getting his head crushed was pointless.

All of the intrigue about the Iron Bank was pointless.

vailpass 06-07-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14297529)
Well, that was pretty much all of them. The only difference is that chapters about Jon, Arya and Tyrion were backed up by interesting characters.

IIRC, since it's been eight ****ing years since I read the last book (**** you Martin), book Sansa is still in the Eyrie, and all the shit that happened to her in Winterfell is happening to a minor character who has been passed off by the Boltons as Arya. Sansa is still just a weepy, whiny do-nothing.

Ned should have spared the direwolf and killed her.

This.

Every character gave us pages of descriptions of food, clothing, armor, room decorations. On and on. Like Southpark's portrayal of GRRM as penis fixated, dude goes on some serious tangents.

At least I think he did. I was a much younger man the last time he put out a new book in the series.

FlintHillsChiefs 06-07-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14298810)
This.

Every character gave us pages of descriptions of food, clothing, armor, room decorations. On and on. Like Southpark's portrayal of GRRM as penis fixated, dude goes on some serious tangents.

At least I think he did. I was a much younger man the last time he put out a new book in the series.

This might be unpopular, but I think he's a pretty hack writer.

vailpass 06-07-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs (Post 14298847)

In what sense?

Chiefspants 06-07-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs (Post 14298847)

The Dune comparisons should be even more apparent if Season 8 was as faithful as could be to his outline.

Frazod 06-07-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14299336)
The Dune comparisons should be even more apparent if Season 8 was as faithful as could be to his outline.

Well, Martin did flat out steal Duke Leto and rebrand him as Ned Stark.

As far as the books go, though, Dune started going downhill immediately, whereas Martin's books stayed consistent through the third one (the fourth and fifth dropped off quite a bit). The Dune books got so ****ing weird that they became unreadable - turning the hero into some whacked out religious Hitler was probably not the best direction to take the series. I tried off and on, without success, to get through God Emperor of Dune for 30 years before I finally just gave up. Frank Herbert was the M. Night Shyamalan of science fiction - he wrote one of the greatest masterpieces of all time and then slowly coasted into the shitter.

I did enjoy the follow-up books set in the Dune universe written by Herbert's son, though.

Fish 06-14-2019 10:16 AM

I like this alternate ending...

<iframe width="606" height="341" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4GdWD0yxvqw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod 06-14-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14308240)
I like this alternate ending...

<iframe width="606" height="341" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4GdWD0yxvqw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

keg in kc 06-14-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14299350)
Well, Martin did flat out steal Duke Leto and rebrand him as Ned Stark.

As far as the books go, though, Dune started going downhill immediately, whereas Martin's books stayed consistent through the third one (the fourth and fifth dropped off quite a bit). The Dune books got so ****ing weird that they became unreadable - turning the hero into some whacked out religious Hitler was probably not the best direction to take the series. I tried off and on, without success, to get through God Emperor of Dune for 30 years before I finally just gave up. Frank Herbert was the M. Night Shyamalan of science fiction - he wrote one of the greatest masterpieces of all time and then slowly coasted into the shitter.

I did enjoy the follow-up books set in the Dune universe written by Herbert's son, though.

Those books by his kid and Kevin J. Anderson were some of the worst books I've ever read. They're immeasurably worse than Lynch's movie. Just god awful.

The first 3 Dune books are pretty great, although nothing matches up with the first one. They get progressively more difficult to digest after that. I agree with you on God Emperor. It was one of my first real "wtf is this shit" experiences as a teen. Although I haven't tried in at least ten years, so my perspective may be different now.

Frazod 06-14-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14308484)
Those books by his kid and Kevin J. Anderson were some of the worst books I've ever read. They're immeasurably worse than Lynch's movie. Just god awful.

The first 3 Dune books are pretty great, although nothing matches up with the first one. They get progressively more difficult to digest after that. I agree with you on God Emperor. It was one of my first real "wtf is this shit" experiences as a teen. Although I haven't tried in at least ten years, so my perspective may be different now.

Meh. I liked them. You suck. :harumph:

Discuss Thrower 06-15-2019 02:44 PM

Easy 6 06-15-2019 02:45 PM

Anyone know when they’re releasing to DVD?

Frazod 06-15-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14309721)

You suck too. :harumph:

Discuss Thrower 06-15-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14309728)
You suck too. :harumph:

I've only read Dune so I don't have an opinion about the sequels. I just had to post that since I thought it was funny when I was a middle schooler.

Frazod 06-15-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14309753)
I've only read Dune so I don't have an opinion about the sequels. I just had to post that since I thought it was funny when I was a middle schooler.

Yeah, that was pretty funny. :D

As I've said before, Dune was great, and is my favorite book of all time. The stuff written by his son and Anderson obviously don't compare to that. But they do compare to the follow-up novels in the original series.

keg in kc 06-16-2019 09:35 PM

For me it's kind of like Brandon Sanderson trying to finish the Wheel of Time: the voice is so drastically different from the original, that it just becomes something else entirely. To the point that it just doesn't work for me. I can't read it.

And Sanderson is a much, much better writer than Kevin J. Anderson.

The only thing 'Dune' about any of those prequel books were the character and planet names. It was basically fan fiction before fan fiction was a thing. Which isn't a surprise since Anderson made his name writing EU Star Wars novels

Chiefspants 06-17-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14310942)
For me it's kind of like Brandon Sanderson trying to finish the Wheel of Time: the voice is so drastically different from the original, that it just becomes something else entirely. To the point that it just doesn't work for me. I can't read it.

Looking at things in a vacuum, I think Sanderson may have been able to tie up the series better than Jordan would have been able to due to the quality of Jordan's last WOT works (there was a lot of meandering to get through). While the voice was different, being able to tie up the series and the loose ends like Sanderson did radically exceeded my expectations, even if the voice and style were radically different in the works before.

This example is why I don't think GRRM will realistically be able to finish ASOIAF in only two more books. I think someone writing at the pace of Brandon Sanderson (and the pace of Storm of Swords) could, but I just don't think Martin is at the place in his own universe anymore. I think realistically (the r/asoiaf subreddit calculated over 200 ongoing subplots still going on at the end of Dance), if the ASOIAF is brought to a finish, GRRM is going to need an eighth book to tie it all together.

Frazod 06-17-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14310942)

And Sanderson is a much, much better writer than Kevin J. Anderson.

The only thing 'Dune' about any of those prequel books were the character and planet names. It was basically fan fiction before fan fiction was a thing. Which isn't a surprise since Anderson made his name writing EU Star Wars novels

Those books were based on Herbert's notes, so I'd say they were less fan fiction and more what Benioff and Weiss did to GoT after they ran out of actual book material.

I certainly enjoyed the "House" books the most, primarily because they dealt with familiar characters from the first book.

lawrenceRaider 06-17-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14311156)
Those books were based on Herbert's notes, so I'd say they were less fan fiction and more what Benioff and Weiss did to GoT after they ran out of actual book material.

I certainly enjoyed the "House" books the most, primarily because they dealt with familiar characters from the first book.

I enjoyed the House books as well. Anderson is an adequate writer. The original series by Herbert wasn't great outside the first and last books anyway. A ton of nostalgia because of the greatness of the first book gets transferred to the series as a whole.

Frazod 06-17-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14311163)
I enjoyed the House books as well. Anderson is an adequate writer. The original series by Herbert wasn't great outside the first and last books anyway. A ton of nostalgia because of the greatness of the first book gets transferred to the series as a whole.

I never read the fifth and sixth books because I so utterly despised the fourth. I'm told they're much better. I don't care.

lawrenceRaider 06-17-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14311173)
I never read the fifth and sixth books because I so utterly despised the fourth. I'm told they're much better. I don't care.

I nearly quit after 4 as well. 5 was ok as I recall. Probably some bias towards being better than it was because of how bad 4 was. 6 is pretty outstanding. It's been long enough now since I read them, that I can't remember if you really need to read 5 to get 6.

DJ's left nut 06-17-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14311173)

Gotta combine books 4 and 5 into a single book.

Download 'ball of beasts' and read them all chronologically and suddenly those books don't suck nearly as badly.

Baby Lee 10-12-2019 01:20 PM

https://i.imgur.com/m5fSeWy.jpg

BigRedChief 04-14-2021 08:12 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They gave Zack Snyder 70 something million bucks to &quot;fix&quot; Justice League. <br><br>Fix season 8. You could probably do it in three episodes. <a href="https://t.co/27qMD3iFjC">https://t.co/27qMD3iFjC</a></p>&mdash; John Hornor Jacobs (@johnhornor) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnhornor/status/1382431391493726208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fish 04-15-2021 08:05 AM

Now that would be cool. Redo the whole season....

RINGLEADER 04-15-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15628406)
Now that would be cool. Redo the whole season....

Snyder cut showed it can be done. It’s an entirely different movie. Everything from episode 3 on should be redone in 10 episodes so it doesn’t feel like a bunch of boxes being ticked off. Biggest change I would make is having the fight at Winterfell be a diversion and get an epic battle between life and death at Kings Landing.

Chiefspants 04-15-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 15628479)
Snyder cut showed it can be done. It’s an entirely different movie. Everything from episode 3 on should be redone in 10 episodes so it doesn’t feel like a bunch of boxes being ticked off. Biggest change I would make is having the fight at Winterfell be a diversion and get an epic battle between life and death at Kings Landing.

Small changes would also be hugely helpful.

Give Jon a one v. one against the Night King with Ghost jumping in to fight alongside Jon. Make it awesome. Have him and Ghost get their asses kicked. Don't even care if Arya still delivers a final blow.

Have Bran warg into Rheagal to take out Viscerion. Have Rheagal die in Winterfell instead of by discount Jack Sparrow.

Have Dany kill Jaime (avenging her father) and burn Cersei in the map room by Dragonfire (which was the plan in S7 until D&D got the "brilliant" idea to die via brick). Let the audience see Dany's POV during the burning of KL.

Have Arya mercy-kill Cersei (like she refused to do with Sandor in S4) in the map room.

You don't have to make these exact changes -- but little things like this could go such a long way to making memorable moments happen in Season 8 even if the outcomes are similar.

Or do none of it. Zero clue why HBO wouldn't do this. The excitement would be off the charts.

lawrenceRaider 04-15-2021 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15628513)
Small changes would also be hugely helpful.

Give Jon a one v. one against the Night King with Ghost jumping in to fight alongside Jon. Make it awesome. Have him and Ghost get their asses kicked. Don't even care if Arya still delivers a final blow.

Have Bran warg into Rheagal to take out Viscerion. Have Rheagal die in Winterfell instead of by discount Jack Sparrow.

Have Dany kill Jaime (avenging her father) and burn Cersei in the map room by Dragonfire (which was the plan in S7 until D&D got the "brilliant" idea to die via brick). Let the audience see Dany's POV during the burning.

Have Arya mercy-kill Cersei (like she refused to do with Sandor in S4) in the map room.

You don't have to make these exact changes -- but little things like this could go such a long way to making memorable moments happen in Season 8 even if the outcomes are similar.

Or do none of it. Zero clue why HBO wouldn't do this. The excitement would be off the charts.

Assuming GRRM would go along with any of it . . . He can't even be bothered to write/finish his creation.

Chiefspants 04-15-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15628516)
Assuming GRRM would go along with any of it . . . He can't even be bothered to write/finish his creation.

Well, honestly EVERYTHING released by GRRM indicates that this was his ending... and I think that might be the problem with "re-doing" Season 8. Will the audience even care if we get the same outcome? I think changes like this could make the ending hit better (though I have zero clue how they'll make the Bran reveal not look like ****ing comedy). GRRM has maintained a great relationship with HBO (even singing a new deal... he's never finishing the books, is he?)

Tbh. If Jon was crowned in the second dragonpit and negotiated the peace in Westeros before then giving up his crown and choosing to go North, that would give him the agency he literally never had in S8. Just stuff like this could make the ending better - but would it be worth HBO dropping 100m if the fans are still mad? Idk. You could even throw a lazy explanation that the spirals the WW use mean they are "always in Westeros" and that the baby we saw in S4 will be the new NK. Jon could choose to go looking for that WW palace we saw in S4 for the rest of his life with Tormund, fulfilling Alliser's prophecy for Jon in S6.

Idk. It just feels like there's a way to make S8 so much better even if it has largely the same outcomes. Maybe I'm wrong.

DanBecky 04-15-2021 11:15 AM

Even if HBO went that route, they would probably find it extremely difficult to get the actors to return to portray their characters. I mean, they portrayed some of these characters for a LONG time. Most have probably accepted the ending for what it was and moved on. Plus with how many characters the story revolved around...

Frazod 04-15-2021 11:22 AM

Prior to the beginning of Season 8, I posted about a spoiler video I saw on YouTube. Unfortunately, at the time I deliberately did not include a link, and now I have no idea how to find it.

It was completely wrong, of course, but so much better. I don't remember most of the details, but basically Jon got Dany pregnant, and she died in childbirth. Jon and most of the major characters were killed in the final battle at Kings Landing (I think by green fire shit), but the Night King and Cersei were defeated. In the end, Tyrion ended up being the regent/hand of the king to the baby, who was being raised and cared for by the good characters who survived. The final scene would have been Tyrion reading to child, who was now older, about the heroic exploits of his parents.

Sounds so much better than the shit we got for real.

The Franchise 04-15-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15628702)
Prior to the beginning of Season 8, I posted about a spoiler video I saw on YouTube. Unfortunately, at the time I deliberately did not include a link, and now I have no idea how to find it.

It was completely wrong, of course, but so much better. I don't remember most of the details, but basically Jon got Dany pregnant, and she died in childbirth. Jon and most of the major characters were killed in the final battle at Kings Landing (I think by green fire shit), but the Night King and Cersei were defeated. In the end, Tyrion ended up being the regent/hand of the king to the baby, who was being raised and cared for by the good characters who survived. The final scene would have been Tyrion reading to child, who was now older, about the heroic exploits of his parents.

Sounds so much better than the shit we got for real.

Literally ANYTHING would be better than what we got.

rydogg58 04-15-2021 11:29 AM

Any number of endings would have been better than the shit that was the last season. It's never going to get rebooted, though. I can't imagine that the actors/actresses would all sign up to do this again. It could have been stupidly great, it was by far the best TV show I've ever watched. Even though I wasn't happy with the way it ended, I still miss having a show like this that made me excited for Sunday nights.

lcarus 04-15-2021 12:34 PM

Most shows by the 8th season have already milked the cow's tit to look like an empty tube of Colgate. In GoT it felt like they rushed the hell out of the ending.

InChiefsHeaven 04-15-2021 01:24 PM

Season 8 was so bad it actually ruined re-watching GoT for me. I've not even had an inkling to do so. Most series that I really love I'll watch over and over, and with GoT, I just know how the end is going to be so ****ing bad that it pretty much ruins all of the awesomeness that led up to it.

Such a tragic piece of shit. It still makes me mad...

InChiefsHeaven 04-15-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15628871)
Most shows by the 8th season have already milked the cow's tit to look like an empty tube of Colgate. In GoT it felt like they rushed the hell out of the ending.

Oh, there's no doubt. I've outlined my thoughts somewhere in this thread on it. They just threw it together haphazardly and it's so disappointing that I actually wish the had never done it and just left us hanging. Yes, it's that bad IMO.