ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325169)

ToxSocks 09-23-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 14472842)
From the stands, I definitely got the sense that there were a few instances where the secondary was bailed out by Lamar Jackson's poor play as a passer. Looking forward to seeing the all-22 to validate that.

I think even a better pure passer like Matt Stafford could burn us this week if that's not tightened up.

Meh. The Ravens offense is as good as advertised. That's a tough, tough team to stop.

htismaqe 09-23-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14472924)
Meh. The Ravens offense is as good as advertised. That's a tough, tough team to stop.

Yep.

And agree on Breeland. Knows how to use the boundary to his advantage. Great open field tackler.

We don't NEED Ramsey, so if the Jags want to play ball, let's start by realizing that fact.

Simply Red 09-23-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14472927)
Yep.

And agree on Breeland. Knows how to use the boundary to his advantage. Great open field tackler.

We don't NEED Ramsey, so if the Jags want to play ball, let's start by realizing that fact.

heard that

chiefforlife 09-23-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14472927)
Yep.

Word

O.city 09-23-2019 02:28 PM

If someone was offering a first, a second and a player for a dude you weren't planning on paying, why would you hold on to him?

Imon Yourside 09-23-2019 02:28 PM

I've really been impressed by Breeland, dude is solid and then some.

O.city 09-23-2019 02:29 PM

Breeland is a solid starting NFL corner. He's a legit #2 guy. I'd have no issue keeping him around.

htismaqe 09-23-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14472959)
If someone was offering a first, a second and a player for a dude you weren't planning on paying, why would you hold on to him?

Because the Jags plan on paying him. They want him, he doesn't want them. That's the issue.

O.city 09-23-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14472971)
Because the Jags plan on paying him. They want him, he doesn't want them. That's the issue.

They said in the offseason they weren't going to pay him.

The owner has said he'd like to, but he's the owner. He doesn't have to say "he'd like to pay him". If he really wanted to, he would.

Sassy Squatch 09-23-2019 02:35 PM

Darby is going to be out a little while for the Eagles with a hamstring. Let's see how desperate they get.

Toad 09-23-2019 02:37 PM

Yea, Breeland is above solid thru 3 games. Paint me impressed.

BigBeauford 09-23-2019 02:41 PM

If Khan truly loved Ramsey, he would set him free.

Setsuna 09-23-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 14473000)
If Khan truly loved Ramsey, he would set him free.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Megatron96 09-23-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14470842)
Bullshit. They aren’t giving him more than Donald or Mack.

In no way shape or form would I be willing to give him that kind of money and I’m a huge fan of the kid.

20/yr max.

He’s good, but he’s not Deion Sanders kinda good.

Hey, on the face of it, I completely agree with you. I was just relaying what I saw on ESPN the other day.

O.city 09-23-2019 03:18 PM

I'm guessing he'll get 16.5 per year.

Warrick 09-23-2019 03:40 PM

The Cowboys may have to cut bait with Byron Jones due Dak's huge contract... I wouldn't be opposed to snatching him off their roster.

carcosa 09-23-2019 05:10 PM

I am diagnosing Jalen with an acute case of Wannabeachiefitis!!!!

Kman34 09-23-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14473449)
I am diagnosing Jalen with an acute case of Wannabeachiefitis!!!!

Meant to give you a thumbs up.. fat fingers.. Rep on the way.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-23-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14472980)
Darby is going to be out a little while for the Eagles with a hamstring. Let's see how desperate they get.

Damn. Yeah I bet they offer 2 firsts. Maybe more.

carcosa 09-23-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 14473457)
Meant to give you a thumbs up.. fat fingers.. Rep on the way.

Thank u!!

Rain Man 09-23-2019 07:52 PM

This is why you don't trade for guys like Ramsey.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-cant-practice

You can click the link if you want to see 56 ads that will give the NFL 11 cents in ad revenue, but essentially Ramsey is claiming to be sick and not showing up at practice, and nobody believes him.

I hate guys like that.

Dunerdr 09-23-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14473899)

You can click the link if you want to see 56 ads that will give the NFL 11 cents in ad revenue, but essentially Ramsey is claiming to be sick and not showing up at practice, and nobody believes him.

I hate guys like that.

A guy who doesn’t want to be part of the organization doesn’t want to practice?

chiefforlife 09-23-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

I hate guys like that.

I disagree. I know its a bad look but once a guy knows what the situation hes in is not good. What else can he do. I was so angry with Gonzalez when he asked for a trade but once you sit back and digest what has happened and how he was the BEST at his position but still couldnt win. I get it.

I for one am not going to hold that against him. If we get him, clean slate. If we dont, **** him!

arrowheadnation 09-23-2019 10:04 PM

To appease some of you "we don't have the money to pay him - we can't give up those high of picks" Nancy boys....any chance we make a run at Josh Norman if all other avenues (Howard, PP, Jalen) fail?

Setsuna 09-23-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

I hate guys like that.

You are actually stupid. You read the propaganda and took the bait. You'd think after the media dragged Hill through the mud you would be less knee jerk. You need to calm down dude.

T-post Tom 09-23-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14474363)
You are actually stupid. You read the propaganda and took the bait. You'd think after the media dragged Hill through the mud you would be less knee jerk. You need to calm down dude.

So are you saying that Ramsey was at practice? Or that he wasn't, but had a legit reason? (Not that Rain Man needs me to defend him, but he's obviously far from stupid. His contributions at CP make that quite clear.)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-23-2019 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 14474263)
To appease some of you "we don't have the money to pay him - we can't give up those high of picks" Nancy boys....any chance we make a run at Josh Norman if all other avenues (Howard, PP, Jalen) fail?

Josh “burnt toast” Norman. No thanks. Ward and Claiborne are better

Setsuna 09-23-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14474368)
So are you saying that Ramsey was at practice? Or that he wasn't, but had a legit reason? (Not that Rain Man needs me to defend him, but he's obviously far from stupid. His contributions at CP make that quite clear.)

No he was actually...GASP...sick. Throwing up and everything. Again. He's stupid. Two things can be true. He's stupid and he's contributed to CP. Get over it.

Rain Man 09-23-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 14473924)
A guy who doesn’t want to be part of the organization doesn’t want to practice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 14473940)
I disagree. I know its a bad look but once a guy knows what the situation hes in is not good. What else can he do. I was so angry with Gonzalez when he asked for a trade but once you sit back and digest what has happened and how he was the BEST at his position but still couldnt win. I get it.

I for one am not going to hold that against him. If we get him, clean slate. If we dont, **** him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14474363)

The way I read the situation is not about Ramsey and the Jaguars. It's about Ramsey and adversity. He handles adversity poorly, and minor adversity at that. When the chips are down and you need guys to saddle up and face down the bad guys, Ramsey is clearly not the type of guy who can do that. He's the guy who'll be running away covering his head and shrilly screaming excuses.

Rain Man 09-23-2019 11:41 PM

Setsuna is going all Myles Jack on me. Someone help him off the field before he falls down.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/...0&h=600&crop=1

T-post Tom 09-23-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14474373)
No he was actually...GASP...sick. Throwing up and everything. Again. He's stupid. Two things can be true. He's stupid and he's contributed to CP. Get over it.

Two other things can be true: You're wrong and you're as salty as Troy Aikman. So there's that. Sleep well good sir.

Setsuna 09-23-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14474384)
Setsuna is going all Myles Jack on me. Someone help him off the field before he falls down.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/...0&h=600&crop=1

You hate Ramsey. We get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14474389)
Two other things can be true: You're wrong and you're as salty as Troy Aikman. So there's that. Sleep well good sir.

Ok. You sleep well too.

Mahomes_Is_God 09-23-2019 11:56 PM

At this point I say **** Ramsey, we should bolster our O-line. Mahomes was getting killed in the Jags and Ravens games. He never took a beating like that last season. If shit like that keeps happening he's gonna get seriously hurt. It feels like teams are actively trying to take him out of games now because they know they can't do jack shit to stop him and the refs aren't doing anything about it. He needs protection.

jaa1025 09-24-2019 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God (Post 14474396)
At this point I say **** Ramsey, we should bolster our O-line. Mahomes was getting killed in the Jags and Ravens games. He never took a beating like that last season. If shit like that keeps happening he's gonna get seriously hurt. It feels like teams are actively trying to take him out of games now because they know they can't do jack shit to stop him and the refs aren't doing anything about it. He needs protection.

The line has done a great job in pass blocking. The only time he got "killed" against the Jags was when 3 of their line jumped off sides. The good hit against the Ravens was on Mahomes not recognizing the presnap blitzer.

Mahomes_Is_God 09-24-2019 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 14474427)
The line has done a great job in pass blocking. The only time he got "killed" against the Jags was when 3 of their line jumped off sides. The good hit against the Ravens was on Mahomes not recognizing the presnap blitzer.

You're a ****ing idiot. There were 7 late hits in the game against the Ravens and the refs did nothing about it. Are you blind to what's happening??

Tribal Warfare 09-24-2019 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 14474427)

With PMII as QB I'd invest in OL till the Chiefs have a top 5 OL to make sure he's upright and healthy.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 09-24-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God (Post 14474435)
You're a ****ing idiot. There were 7 late hits in the game against the Ravens and the refs did nothing about it. Are you blind to what's happening??

Thats not on the o-line though. That should have been called. Still wouldn't say they've done amazing though.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 09-24-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Did you watch last years ravens game? That game was brutal on mahomes.. just as bad as this game was if not worse. I'd say jags this year was the worst though.

O.city 09-24-2019 07:52 AM

**** come on, lets get this dude.

TEX 09-24-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

KC kept 11 O-Linemen. That's a lot. Not sure we need anyomre.

O.city 09-24-2019 08:11 AM

They don't need anything on offense. Just stay healthy/get healthy there and keep rolling.

I would love to have Ramsey, but an upgrade over Xavier Williams wouldn't be a terrible idea.

O.city 09-24-2019 08:34 AM

Chadiha is on 810 talking about it.

Chiefs just don't want to give up what the Jags are asking and the Chiefs are more interested in Patrick Peterson

The Franchise 09-24-2019 08:35 AM

Patrick Peterson isn’t happening. The Cards are morons.

O.city 09-24-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14474687)

He said the Cards don't want to trade him, the Chiefs believe that's them trying to drive the price up.

ARROW2 09-24-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14474684)
Chadiha is on 810 talking about it.

Chiefs just don't want to give up what the Jags are asking and the Chiefs are more interested in Patrick Peterson

But if the dumb ass cardinals want to keep him hostage, what the **** can we do? Probably still butt hurt over Reid choosing us over their sorry ass organization.

O.city 09-24-2019 08:38 AM

Need the Cardinals to keep getting their ass kicked and Peterson to ask for a trade.

O.city 09-24-2019 08:40 AM

If they haven't won by the deadline, they may change their mind.

I would rather have Ramsey, but you just can't move that much capitol and pay him.

ChiefBlueCFC 09-24-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14474687)

The Cards are morons, I get that you don't want to lose one of your top players but by the time they are competitive PP will be past his prime. I get wanting to get the most value out of the player but they're not exactly handling this in the smartest way

Lzen 09-24-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14474373)

Ok, this is BS. Rainman is far from stupid. He's actually one of the more intelligent people on this forum, IMO. Just because he is putting 2 and 2 together does not make him stupid. What an ignorant argument. How do you know for certain that Ramsey was throwing up? Did you see him? Did you examine him? Did an independent medical professional examine him and declare that he was truly sick? I mean, I've been around the block enough to know that the timing of this does look very fishy.

dlphg9 09-24-2019 09:00 AM

The backfield hasn't been bad. It's the god damn run D that's terrible. We are allowing 6.2 ypc and the next closes is 5.4. The good thing is we've only allowed 4 rushing TDs and 4 passing TDs. We are 18th in PA and 9th in Yards Allowed. Honestly with how good our O has been our D has been damn good. Sure we're allowing teams to gash us in the run, but so far we've held them to FGs or we make them punt. This D looks better than it did last year. I'm against getting Ramsey now. Wouldn't be worth it.

O.city 09-24-2019 09:01 AM

I don't really understand why the run D is still THAT bad.

Simply Red 09-24-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14474773)
The backfield hasn't been bad. It's the god damn run D that's terrible. We are allowing 6.2 ypc and the next closes is 5.4. The good thing is we've only allowed 4 rushing TDs and 4 passing TDs. We are 18th in PA and 9th in Yards Allowed. Honestly with how good our O has been our D has been damn good. Sure we're allowing teams to gash us in the run, but so far we've held them to FGs or we make them punt. This D looks better than it did last year. I'm against getting Ramsey now. Wouldn't be worth it.

Watch you language, cock!

Hammock Parties 09-24-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14474777)

It's not. It was fine the first two weeks.

We just ran into an elite ground game and we're still getting our bearings on D.

O.city 09-24-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14474781)
It's not. It was fine the first two weeks.

We just ran into an elite ground game and we're still getting our bearings on D.

It was worse thru the first two weeks yardage wise than it was last year.

Sassy Squatch 09-24-2019 09:08 AM

Oh God. Why is Veach getting tunnel vision on ****ing Patrick Peterson, of all players?

Hammock Parties 09-24-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14474782)

Because of a couple of long BS runs when we were up 3 scores.

Who cares.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-24-2019 09:09 AM

We are the 27th ranked run D and 19th ranked pass D.

24th ranked D in yards given up
14th ranked D in points given up

BleedingRed 09-24-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14474777)

Honestly it has everything to do with out DT's/Line Backers. Chris Jones is amazing but he is not a space eater.

And our Linebackers are not attacking the right gaps. I have hope, but we will see. Honestly Hitchen's has to go, I was originally high on him. But he is a complete liability.

We need a true MLB for this defense.

UChieffyBugger 09-24-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14474782)

The Chargers and Steelers were throwing the ball all over the place though whilst Jags and Raiders were more run focused...so I'm not sure we can compare the two.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-24-2019 09:16 AM

I think Jones and our ILBs are not very good vs the run. Pretty much it.

BleedingRed 09-24-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14474807)
I think Jones and our ILBs are not very good vs the run. Pretty much it.

Jone is not good vs. the run. Which is why I'm ok with letting him go. (I know its crazy)

But he is a much better 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DT.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-24-2019 09:18 AM

I get PP from the standpoint that he’s a pure leader who helps the locker room without question. Ramsey may or may not depending on the day.

If the price is far different, I like PP over Ramsey.

BleedingRed 09-24-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14474812)
I get PP from the standpoint that he’s a pure leader who helps the locker room without question. Ramsey may or may not depending on the day.

If the price is far different, I like PP over Ramsey.

PP has a long history with Honey Badger too.... LSU and Arizona. But honestly our biggest concern right now is MLB.

O.city 09-24-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14474811)
Jone is not good vs. the run. Which is why I'm ok with letting him go. (I know its crazy)

But he is a much better 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DT.

Why would he be better as a 34 space eater at DE?

He's fine in an attacking 43, he just is undisciplined and tries to go off script to make plays instead of doing it thru the scheme.

Strongside 09-24-2019 09:23 AM

If this talk about the Chiefs truly being solely focused on PP is true, then you have to completely question their decision making.

The Cardinals have been adamant, as recent as last week, that they have no interest in trading Peterson. If the Chiefs don't improve the position because they're holding out hope that AZ's stance will change, then that's ignorant af.

It's never dating because you're hoping a pretty girl you saw on the Subway once's marriage falls apart someday.

BleedingRed 09-24-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14474817)
Why would he be better as a 34 space eater at DE?

He's fine in an attacking 43, he just is undisciplined and tries to go off script to make plays instead of doing it thru the scheme.

Because in a 3-4 he has two MLB's in base packages (early down) to cover for his lack of lane eating. He is always penetrating, which would be ok inside of a 3-4.

Strongside 09-24-2019 09:25 AM

Also, worth noting on Chadiha –

Does he have friends in the org? Yes.

But this is also the guy who reported with conviction that the Chiefs were "not intersted in Ramsey." and that if that changed, he'd "be the first to know."

Well, that changed, and he never reported shit. Which tells me no one told him.

He can get ****ed, he doesn't know what they're doing over there.

staylor26 09-24-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14474789)
Oh God. Why is Veach getting tunnel vision on ****ing Patrick Peterson, of all players?

Ummm because he doesn’t want to get raped like you expected him to that means he has tunnel vision?

Reports: Ramsey wants out of Jacksonville. Chiefs are interested.

Superturtle: haha Veach is going to get raped again if he trades for Ramsey

Reports: Asking price for Ramsey is too high for the Chiefs, but they’re interested. Patrick Peterson is a more reasonable option.

Superturtle: Oh God. Why is Veach getting tunnel vision on ****ing Patrick Peterson, of all players?

Strongside 09-24-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14474833)
Ummm because he doesn’t want to get raped like you expected him to that means he has tunnel vision?

Reports: Ramsey wants out of Jacksonville

Superturtle: haha Veach is going to get raped again if he trades for Ramsey

Reports: Asking price for Ramsey is too high for the Chiefs, but they’re interested. Patrick Peterson is a more reasonable option.

Superturtle: Oh God. Why is Veach getting tunnel vision on ****ing Patrick Peterson, of all players?

What reports have said anything about Patrick Peterson, other than he isn't available for trade?

BossChief 09-24-2019 09:28 AM

Jones wants the splash plays and doesn’t play technically sound.Someone from PFF posted that he leads the league in missed tackles. I’m a big fan, but if you want to get paid the kind of $ he wants, you have to wrap up and finish plays.

There’s a reason teams run right up the middle on us.

Jerm 09-24-2019 09:28 AM

I'm not giving up a 1st for a post PED Patrick Peterson...sorry...

staylor26 09-24-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 14474836)
What reports have said anything about Patrick Peterson, other than he isn't available for trade?

The Chadiha one that was JUST posted a couple pages back along with what Terez has said.

BlackOp 09-24-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14474795)
We are the 27th ranked run D and 19th ranked pass D.

24th ranked D in yards given up
14th ranked D in points given up

So the defense has improved...and they are only 3 games into a scheme change.

They only needed to be one stop a game better....

I'd hedge on Claiborne first ...the trade deadline isn't until late October.

He made an outstanding pass break up in the endzone....

Now if Veach has inside knowledge of how much the cap is expected to jump with the new CBA...sign away if they can afford it. Ramsey is going to be better than any CB available in the late 1st.

You can also subtract the salary of said pick(s).....

BossChief 09-24-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14474789)

Because he’s not only an elite corner, he takes young players under his wing and teaches them how to be a pro.

Same with Clark and why he overpaid him and wouldn’t take no for an answer when trading for him over other options.

O.city 09-24-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14474827)
Because in a 3-4 he has two MLB's in base packages (early down) to cover for his lack of lane eating. He is always penetrating, which would be ok inside of a 3-4.

That's the complete opposite of conventional thinking so kudos?

O.city 09-24-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 14474826)
If this talk about the Chiefs truly being solely focused on PP is true, then you have to completely question their decision making.

The Cardinals have been adamant, as recent as last week, that they have no interest in trading Peterson. If the Chiefs don't improve the position because they're holding out hope that AZ's stance will change, then that's ignorant af.

It's never dating because you're hoping a pretty girl you saw on the Subway once's marriage falls apart someday.

I'd imagine they've got their feelers out on everything in the secondary.

Peterson makes sense because he's under contract, is older so won't need a new one ideally and won't cost as much.

Strongside 09-24-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14474842)
The Chadiha one that was JUST posted a couple pages back along with what Terez has said.

They can say that all they want, but the fact remains that he IS NOT AVAILABLE.

This is, literally, from last week:

Quote:

“We’re not trading Pat and that’s something we’ve been very consistent with,” Cardinals GM Keim said, via AZCardinals.com. “When you look at the kind of player Pat is and I think arguably he’s the best corner in the National Football League, all you have to do is say, ‘Does this make our team better or worse?’ I think to lose someone like Pat Peterson would make us worse.”
They can say he makes more sense, sure. But does coveting an unattainable player REALLY make sense?

O.city 09-24-2019 09:36 AM

I told you what Chadiha said.

The Chiefs think the Cards are saying that trying to drive up the price and that they'll eventually make him available.

Strongside 09-24-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14474865)

The Chiefs think the Cards are saying that trying to drive up the price and that they'll eventually make him available.

And maybe they will.

But if they don't, and the deadline passes with the Chiefs having passed up other opportunities to improve at the position because they were holding onto a false hope, then...yeah.

Mecca 09-24-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14474865)

Their GM is a dipshit so trying to think what he's going to do is risky as ****.