ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV House of the Dragon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=344493)

bigjosh 10-21-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16545340)
episode 10 leaked

Where!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedChief 10-21-2022 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16545972)
Yes. 1080p webrip.

It was OK. Not quite as exciting as I anticipated. But it does a good job setting up for a crazy second season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 16546034)
I would agree. There were parts that lagged a bit but the final scene lets you know what is coming. Wasn't it weird when...

Spoiler!

Can we put everything including your personal opinions on the pacing, lagging, how well it sets up 2nd season etc with the finale into spoilers until it’s broadcast on Sunday.

Fish 10-21-2022 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16546379)
Can we put everything including your personal opinions on the pacing, lagging, how well it sets up 2nd season etc with the finale into spoilers until it’s broadcast on Sunday.

No. Don't click my spoilers if you don't want to know.

Hammock Parties 10-21-2022 11:45 PM

chomp! LMAO

listopencil 10-22-2022 04:16 AM

Quote:

No. That's stupid. I'm not giving anything away. Just ignore the thread if it bothers you that much.

DanBecky 10-22-2022 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16546347)
There’s my sweet setup. ROFL.

https://i.imgur.com/yxmKveZ.jpg

Legend status

RustShack 10-23-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16546393)
chomp! LMAO

Burn kings landing down now.

Demonpenz 10-23-2022 08:23 PM

Bye otto chomp glad magic is back

BigRedChief 10-23-2022 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16546393)
chomp! LMAO

Jon Snow
Spoiler!

BigRedChief 10-23-2022 09:37 PM

Next season not until 2024?

kevrunner 10-23-2022 10:50 PM

Please, I’m begging, no more childbirth scenes in season 2.

Discuss Thrower 10-23-2022 10:57 PM

"Any woman who must say 'I am the queen' is no true queen..."

BigRedChief 10-23-2022 11:19 PM

No idea what happens next season but there is no way Aaemon(sp) will come back with a BS story or I have no idea what happen to the guy story.

What I’ve seen this season, the guy would definitely own it. Yeah, I started a war, my bad. Anything else would not be in keeping with the dude they have shown us.

rydogg58 10-23-2022 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16550012)
Jon Snow
Spoiler!

Not that lineage.

Spoiler!

I only know this because my wife and daughter spent the most of the night watching youtube videos of the Targaryen succession.

KC_Connection 10-24-2022 12:08 AM

This show exceeded my expectations significantly. I would also say that its 1st season was right on par, if not better than, GoT's 1st season. Considering the discourse around this show before it premiered (and anything GoT related really), this was a huge success.

Have to think its success is also going to directly lead to more spinoffs in this world, which I will certainly welcome (as long as the quality is maintained).

arrowheadnation 10-24-2022 12:26 AM

Now that the first season of HOTD is in the can, I’m hoping we get a Jon Snow show. Maybe they can right some of the wrongs of season 8. It should end with Jon riding Drogon and sitting the iron throne like the original series should have.

WhawhaWhat 10-24-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 16550246)
Now that the first season of HOTD is in the can, I’m hoping we get a Jon Snow show. Maybe they can right some of the wrongs of season 8. It should end with Jon riding Drogon and sitting the iron throne like the original series should have.

There is no more Iron Throne.

CupidStunt 10-24-2022 10:12 AM

Man. Just run out of words to gush about the show. I'm so pissed at myself for allowing myself to see spoilers about the way Vhagar-Arrax went down.

That was on Friday. To be honest I wasn't happy. As a F&B reader, I was saying to myself, no, Aemond would've wanted to murder Luke. But of course the show handled it amazingly well, and I think it makes sense. Aemond is still young (despite the actor's look), not a seasoned murderer and war criminal.

It was amazing to watch. Absolutely amazing CGI and VFX, the best of the season I think. Maybe the best dragon VFX ever. An absolutely perfect adaption of one of the best book lines: "Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced." Just wish I could've seen it for the first time with an element of surprise.

I could go on forever. I guess one of the only good things about a delay between seasons (I'm guessing they release spring 2024, at least, not a full 2 years) is that we'll have that chance. One thing I'll say, I think Emma D'Arcy's acting is severely underrated because she's in a lot of scenes that people either don't like, or could do without, or maybe aren't as hype. I mean, their childbirth scenes are the best I've ever personally seen on screen. They convey soooo many emotions so convincingly.

Buehler445 10-24-2022 12:00 PM

I gotta say that was a great episode.

Spoiler!

Like I said before, the little things are what makes the thing go and they goddamned got it.

Gravedigger 10-24-2022 12:46 PM

Spoiler!

ToxSocks 10-24-2022 01:16 PM

Clicked on thread to not read a single post.

Haven't seen the episode yet. Basically edging myself right now.

KCUnited 10-24-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 16551324)
Spoiler!

This is interesting, as a non-book reader, going into the finale Aemond was my rooting interest. Picked on and laughed at as a kid only to become a skilled fighter with a badass dragon and an eye patch, but after last night I kind of got the feeling that isn't how the story arc is intended.

Also, I feel like I'm supposed to be rooting for the Rhaenyra side but they seem just as ****y as anyone else on the show. And while this show is fantastic and the characters are all well done, outside of maybe the Valerian girls and some dragons, I'm kind of looking forward to everyone on this show meeting a painful death. Which is nearly a 180 from GoT where I had clear rooting interests.

arrowheadnation 10-24-2022 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 16550583)
There is no more Iron Throne.

LOL....forgot all about that. So he'll sit on the pile of melted iron :)

arrowheadnation 10-24-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 16551324)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

raybec 4 10-24-2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Why do you even open the goddamn thread if you're so worried about spoilers?

Bowser 10-24-2022 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 16551957)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

BigRedChief 10-24-2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydogg58 (Post 16550206)
Not that lineage.

Spoiler!

I only know this because my wife and daughter spent the most of the night watching youtube videos of the Targaryen succession.

And Aemond is the great grandpa X9-10 of
Spoiler!

ThaVirus 10-24-2022 07:40 PM

Spoiler!

raybec 4 10-24-2022 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16552342)
Spoiler!

The "It wasn't my fault" angle won't play. He has to own it or it would be totally out of character for how they've painted him. If they try to go the other way it will be disappointing.

Chiefspants 10-24-2022 08:17 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

What I love is that the books, overall, are third hand accounts.

Really, the show is setting the canon - as long as GRRM is involved like he is.

duncan_idaho 10-24-2022 08:20 PM

I think the differences in portrayals of the characters are a purposeful choice …to show that history books are shaped by the writers’ biases and perspectives.

Chiefspants 10-24-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16552483)
I think the differences in portrayals of the characters are a purposeful choice …to show that history books are shaped by the writers’ biases and perspectives.

Their choices make Aemond a much more interesting character than he ever was in the books.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2022 08:52 PM

Quote:

That shot of Vhagar in the distance as he heads into the keep was terrifying.

yeah that was like the t-rex shot from jurassic park x1,000,000

****ing terrifyingly awesome

also vhagar's groan after the chomp was epic...never heard a dragon say "**** yeah!" but i think that was it...in valyrian

raybec 4 10-24-2022 08:57 PM

It will be interesting to see if Sapochnik leaving as co-show runner will make the series worse. I hope not.

notorious 10-24-2022 09:13 PM

Badass.

They took a spinoff that came in with whale-shit low expectations thanks to the end of GOT and made it really good.

That big dragon is terrifying. The atmosphere set up in the storm was fantastic.

We also see why the dragons all die out. They don't have control.

Sorter 10-24-2022 09:17 PM

I can not believe they didn't **** this up and improved things for the story/characters.

Well done, HBO and George. Expected this to be a catastrophe and its ****ing great.

Sorter 10-24-2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16552503)
Their choices make Aemond a much more interesting character than he ever was in the books.

Agreed; they've done that for most of the major players in this show.

mr. tegu 10-24-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16552258)
And Aemond is the great grandpa X9-10 of
Spoiler!

This isn’t accurate. He would be some sort of cousin. Maybe uncle? But not direct lineage.

DJ's left nut 10-24-2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 16552366)
The "It wasn't my fault" angle won't play. He has to own it or it would be totally out of character for how they've painted him. If they try to go the other way it will be disappointing.

He will.

That's Aemond. And it's just another interesting thing they can do on this show given the 3rd party perspective of the source material.

It's a fascinating effort you don't see very often. They're taking the reliability of the source material and calling it into question. They're retroactively creating an unreliable narrator dilemma (which is ALWAYS fascinating reading, IMO).

I'm sure Aemond will come back talking big shit and making it sound like he absolutely did it on purpose. And frankly, he'll probably spend a fair amount of time convincing himself he DID.

Sorter 10-24-2022 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16552621)
He will.

That's Aemond. And it's just another interesting thing they can do on this show given the 3rd party perspective of the source material.

It's a fascinating effort you don't see very often. They're taking the reliability of the source material and calling it into question. They're retroactively creating an unreliable narrator dilemma (which is ALWAYS fascinating reading, IMO).

I'm sure Aemond will come back talking big shit and making it sound like he absolutely did it on purpose. And frankly, he'll probably spend a fair amount of time convincing himself he DID.

I think it will be Cole who convinces him to take credit for it.

DJ's left nut 10-24-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16551157)
I gotta say that was a great episode.

Spoiler!

Like I said before, the little things are what makes the thing go and they goddamned got it.

I think my favorite part of the show is that they DIDN'T age up the characters like they did in GOT.

Some of the odd/reckless decisions the Stark children make in the television series lose a little weight because it's grown ass people making them. And some of the impressive things they do are less impressive because again - adults.

But in HOTD they've kept them looking as young as they were. Luke looked like a terrified kid in that meeting with Baratheon. And if he's in his mid-20s, he has a better response then "Okay, lemme go tell my mom..."

That was an excellent decision and while it made some of the earlier scenes with Daemon and Rhaneara a little creepy, it really helped with the rest of the show.

DJ's left nut 10-24-2022 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 16552622)
I think it will be Cole who convinces him to take credit for it.

****ing Cole...

rydogg58 10-24-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16552617)
This isn’t accurate. He would be some sort of cousin. Maybe uncle? But not direct lineage.

That is correct. Daemon and Rhaenarya are the (great 9 or 10) grandparents of Dany and Jon.
Daenarys is Rhaegar's sister. Rhaegar is Jon Snow's father. So that means Jon was balls deep in his aunt.

Sorter 10-24-2022 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16552626)
****ing Cole...

On second thought, it will probably be Otto.

Going to be wild seeing them meld stuff into S2 as there are few big battles/events and I'm sure they're going to end S2 with
Spoiler!

Chiefspants 10-24-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 16552614)
Agreed; they've done that for most of the major players in this show.

Fully agreed.

I gotta say, I was skeptical coming into this season due to Condal's background, and the time jumps they had to make in order to finish this season (Reminder: Aemond wasn't BORN yet by Episode 5, halfway through this season).

But hot damn did they still make this compelling. Not only that, they made this season off of... 70 pages of source material? Another concern I had was a problem The Hobbit movies ran into, a lot of characters, but not a lot to actually adapt from. But did the actors (shoutout especially to Paddy Considine) ever rise to the occasion to bring life to their counterparts in Fire and Blood - and the writers, under the guidance of GRRM, really brought what was originally written as a history textbook to life.

And the thing is... this was all exposition to the good stuff.

Sorter 10-24-2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16552660)
Fully agreed.

I gotta say, I was skeptical coming into this season due to Condal's background, and the time jumps they had to make in order to finish this season (Reminder: Aemond wasn't BORN yet by Episode 5, halfway through this season).

But hot damn did they still make this compelling. Not only that, they made this season off of... 70 pages of source material? Another concern I had was a problem The Hobbit movies ran into, a lot of characters, but not a lot to actually adapt from. But hot damn, did the actors (shoutout especially to Paddy Considine) ever rise to the occasion to bring life to their counterparts in the source material - and the writers, under the guidance of GRRM, really brought what was originally written as a history textbook to life.

Pulling word for word from the audiobook/book, making one sided perspectives more human, etc.

They did a great job.

DJ's left nut 10-24-2022 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 16552650)
On second thought, it will probably be Otto.

Going to be wild seeing them meld stuff into S2 as there are few big battles/events and I'm sure they're going to end S2 with
Spoiler!

I feel like that will happen sooner in the season. Perhaps in the first couple episodes.

And frankly, compared to some of the other stuff that's about to happen, it's just not that interesting from a storytelling perspective.

ThaVirus 10-25-2022 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 16552366)

He will. He is too arrogant not to.

By killing Luke, I think he killed the last bit of the boy in himself. My prediction is that he'll be unambiguously villainous moving forward.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16552474)
What I love is that the books, overall, are third hand accounts.

Really, the show is setting the canon - as long as GRRM is involved like he is.

That's true. Fire and Blood is an in-universe history book so there's lots of room for interpretation.

ThaVirus 10-25-2022 07:42 PM

I can't be the only one who was pronouncing Cregan like Kree-gihn, right?

Instead it's pronounced like Megan.. don't like that at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-29-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16543746)
Haha, no shit? That's bad ass.

Here's another for you - Ser Westerling was the Saint of Killers on Preacher.

People didn't know that about Ifans?

As soon as I saw him I wanted to tell a story that will shrink your balls to the size of raisins.

BigRedChief 10-30-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16552660)
Fully agreed.

But hot damn did they still make this compelling. Not only that, they made this season off of... 70 pages of source material? Another concern I had was a problem The Hobbit movies ran into, a lot of characters, but not a lot to actually adapt from. But did the actors (shoutout especially to Paddy Considine) ever rise to the occasion to bring life to their counterparts in Fire and Blood - and the writers, under the guidance of GRRM, really brought what was originally written as a history textbook to life.

3 seasons of houses of Dragons at war..... Bring it on!

Bowser 10-30-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16563371)
People didn't know that about Ifans?

As soon as I saw him I wanted to tell a story that will shrink your balls to the size of raisins.

His face rang a bell in the back of my head, but I never would have put two and two together there. Dude has range (/obv).

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-30-2022 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16563917)
His face rang a bell in the back of my head, but I never would have put two and two together there. Dude has range (/obv).

Every power play he's made this season either the wife or I say, "he's wiry."

Demonpenz 10-30-2022 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
r

Buehler445 10-30-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16564699)
Every power play he's made this season either the wife or I say, "he's wiry."

ROFL

For me, it’s “You’ll have to find your dick first, Shamu!”

Goddamn that’s never not funny

Hammock Parties 10-31-2022 10:27 PM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...MQ&oe=63655502

A Salt Weapon 11-06-2022 01:12 AM

Just binge watched the whole season and holy ****.
What a show.

Why Not? 11-22-2022 05:35 PM

Took me awhile to get through all the episodes because after SNF I would generally fall asleep and had to get caught up which generally had me a few weeks behind. But I was sick last week prior to a vacation and got to finish the season. Thought it was brilliant! Can't wait for season 2.

BigRedChief 11-22-2022 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 16578927)
Just binge watched the whole season and holy ****.
What a show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 16622063)
Took me awhile to get through all the episodes because after SNF I would generally fall asleep and had to get caught up which generally had me a few weeks behind. But I was sick last week prior to a vacation and got to finish the season. Thought it was brilliant! Can't wait for season 2.

Yeah that’s the opinion of most in here. Season 8 really punched us in the gut. Along comes this season and it’s like the best years of GOT. No Hardhome/battle of the bastards level episode yet but they have 3 more seasons to produce the best dragon fight of all time

mr. tegu 03-21-2024 02:52 PM

https://youtu.be/csSaSrJJPRs?si=pkkgYpwd6jL8tcIy

mr. tegu 03-21-2024 03:10 PM

https://youtu.be/DTB8lATvXkw?si=_hhlxpWRT2S_j5uI

ThaVirus 03-21-2024 05:08 PM

Who is that in the Green’s trailer saying “I’m as fearsome as any of them”?

Bowser 03-21-2024 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17452974)
Who is that in the Green’s trailer saying “I’m as fearsome as any of them”?

Aemond Targaryen? Maybe?