ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294718)

Mr. Laz 09-25-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12449173)
Andy Reid is not a bad footbal coach. He is, however, a very CAREFUL football coach. Nothing is done without intense scrutiny and analyses. So, I'd offer that we're not going to be seeing things on the field that are spontaneous. Everything's going to be well thought out and carefully orchestrated. And, Reid has the perfect QB for this attitude in Aex Smith. Nothing like a double-dose of CAREFUL to yield a rather boring product.

That said, such carefulness isn't all bad as over time, this generally results in success. Nonetheless, if spontenaeity is ever a good thing to have on the football field, well, under Reid, we won't have it.

To wit, did you see Reid thinking about going for it (or not) on that 4th and one today? You could just see the gears grinding. To suggest that he was decisive about it would be incorrect. Think that carries over to his guys on the field? I do. Little spiz and way too much furrowing of brow. C'mon Andy, get outa that shell every now and then and let er rip!!!

what a gigantic load of horse shit.

jspchief 09-25-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12449045)
Andy Reid'a play calling left a lot to be desired today in 11 out of 12 quarters this year.

Fixed.

NJChiefsFan 09-25-2016 08:07 PM

He gets in his way. It's not really a mystery at this point. He does the same things wrong he did in Philly. We all know the good with the bad. The issue for him has been that the bad catches up to him in the playoffs against other equal coaches. You can't fumble the small stuff in the playoffs.

Mr. Laz 09-25-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12449330)
He gets in his way. It's not really a mystery at this point. He does the same things wrong he did in Philly. We all know the good with the bad. The issue for him has been that the bad catches up to him in the playoffs against other equal coaches. You can't fumble the small stuff in the playoffs.

Are you talking about Andy Reid or Marty Shottenheimer?

oh yea, you said Philly ... Andy then, got it!! :thumb:

milkman 09-25-2016 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12449132)
First coach to have 3 winning years in a row in KC to start his career and off to a 2-1 start this year.

Does he have warts? Yea.

Is he a BAD football coach? Give me a ****ing break. I bitch at the TV like anyone else but winning is the end all be all. Period.

Ask yourself who you would 100% trade him for coaching wise and get back with me. There may be 3 or 4 coaches. Think about it.

I'd trade Reid for Josh McDaniel right now without a second thought.

The Chiefs offense scored 10 points on 4 turnovers today, with two TDs scored by the defense and special teams on the other 2.

That is pathetic and inexcusable.

notorious 09-25-2016 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12449346)

The Chiefs offense scored 10 points on 4 turnovers today, with two TDs scored by the defense and special teams on the other 2.

Damn you.

This thought crossed my mind coming back from work the other day. I thought "Josh McDaniel" and almost drove into a telephone pole.

scho63 09-26-2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 12449122)
Yep. Philly fans are not good people.

I've been to the Vet (before they tore it down) at least 70 times to watch my Pirates play the Phillies and I NEVER wore any gear or hat to show I was rooting for Pittsburgh. I saw the way those animals acted and how they fought and spit on anyone not rooting for their team, threw shit at Pirates players all the time and never got tossed out, and were a bunch of drunk white trash with the worst accents in the World! Even the large pretzels they sold out of shopping carts in giant brown shopping bags were cold and awful tasting!

The field sucked and so many players got injured on that awful surface.

Lastly, you know your fans are scum when you are the first stadium in pro sports to have a JAIL IN THE BASEMENT OF THE STADIUM to deal with the sleazebags. ROFL

Not even the lowly Raider scum can claim that honor.

Red Dawg 09-26-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

I'd trade for any coach that can get their QB to put the ball in the end zone. Andy and Alex are a bad match.

Alex is just not going to ever get us to score points.

Rausch 09-26-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 12449140)
Andy is not a terrible HC, but he is beyond terrible as an offensive coordinator.

I will never understand having the OC on the field instead of in the booth.

Never...

RobBlake 09-26-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12449862)
I will never understand having the OC on the field instead of in the booth.

Never...

faster communication of plays.. thats about it

RunKC 09-26-2016 09:02 AM

One of my biggest complaints with Andy is his slow starts. Since 2000, Andy's teams have started 3-3 or worse in the first 6 games 9X.

Nirvana58 09-26-2016 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12449852)
I've been to the Vet (before they tore it down) at least 70 times to watch my Pirates play the Phillies and I NEVER wore any gear or hat to show I was rooting for Pittsburgh. I saw the way those animals acted and how they fought and spit on anyone not rooting for their team, threw shit at Pirates players all the time and never got tossed out, and were a bunch of drunk white trash with the worst accents in the World! Even the large pretzels they sold out of shopping carts in giant brown shopping bags were cold and awful tasting!

Lastly, you know your fans are scum when you are the first stadium in pro sports to have a JAIL IN THE BASEMENT OF THE STADIUM to deal with the sleazebags. ROFL

Ummm... The Chiefs also have a jail in their stadium. Don't ask me how I know this. :D

R Clark 09-26-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12449912)
faster communication of plays.. thats about it

Nah Andy calls the plays O cordinator sends to Alex . Haveing O cordinator calling and sending them from booth isn't going to slow things down.they are slow as hell getting them out to QB now

Rausch 09-26-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 12449954)
Ummm... The Chiefs also have a jail in their stadium. Don't ask me how I know this. :D

Technically, they don't...:D

Halfcan 09-26-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

This!

Rausch 09-26-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12450036)
This!

Nope, on him and the ego.

I'd take Chan Gailey back in a heartbeat though.

He knows how to make the most of what he's got...

BryanBusby 09-26-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Josh McD? Get the **** out of here.

The Franchise 09-26-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Especially considering that Reid is supposed to be an offensive minded HC.

DJ's left nut 09-26-2016 10:09 AM

You people are ****ing idiots.

Reid has had TWO losing seasons in an 18 year career.

You people act like a head coach's job is the same as an OC. It isn't; it's nothing close, in fact. The head coach is a chief administrator. He's the guy that lays out camp, sets clubhouse rules, establishes a culture and an atmosphere.

And you want to fire him for a guy that had a hard on for Matt ****ing Cassel because you don't like the number of screens he runs.

Look, the playcalling bugs the shit out of me as well but a head coach is a package deal; you take the good with the bad and ask if the whole package makes for an effective head coach.

By every single available objective metric, Andy Reid is no worse than a good head football coach. His players love playing for him and they want to be here. He wins games, despite your assurances that you'd have done it differently.

**** me, we're not even 5 years removed from the last Patriots Tree abortion and you people are just clamoring for another round of it as though you wouldn't turn on that visor wearing ass clown as well.

Idiots, the whole ****ing lot of you.

fan4ever 09-26-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12449852)

NSFW...Bill Burr classic rant on Philly...

<iframe width="1090" height="664" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eEoDUneWTyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 09-26-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12450055)

You people act like a head coach's job is the same as an OC. It isn't; it's nothing close, in fact. The head coach is a chief administrator. He's the guy that lays out camp, sets clubhouse rules, establishes a culture and an atmosphere.

And you want to fire him for a guy that had a hard on for Matt ****ing Cassel because you don't like the number of screens he runs.

Look, the playcalling bugs the shit out of me as well but a head coach is a package deal; you take the good with the bad and ask if the whole package makes for an effective head coach.

By every single available objective metric, Andy Reid is no worse than a good head football coach. His players love playing for him and they want to be here. He wins games, despite your assurances that you'd have done it differently.

**** me, we're not even 5 years removed from the last Patriots Tree abortion and you people are just clamoring for another round of it as though you wouldn't turn on that visor wearing ass clown as well.

Andy Reid would be the perfect HC....if he would just give up ****ing playcalling......and clock management.

Rausch 09-26-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 12450056)

<iframe width="1090" height="664" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eEoDUneWTyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For comics, this is the Joe Montana drive in the SB vs. the Bengals.

He turned a VIOLENT crowd booing everyone on stage into loving him by giving them the $3it for his whole set.

Legendary set.

Only Burr would take a crowd verging on a riot and and insult them until they loved him...

Rausch 09-26-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12450060)
Andy Reid would be the perfect HC....if he would just give up ****ing playcalling......and clock management.

THIS!

Mr. Flopnuts 09-26-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

DJ's left nut 09-26-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12450060)

I'd love to see him give up playcalling.

I've said that for every coach that has also tried to be a coordinator. There is just too much going on out there. When your opponent has a HC, OC and DC with the OC and DC being entirely responsible for their respective units, that's 3 people doing the work that the Chiefs are trying to do with 2.

I hated it when Crennel tried to do it with the D and when Haley tried to do it with the O. It's a bad, bad idea.

But again, it's what Reid has done pretty much his entire career and he's a .600 coach in the process. Even if he refuses to give up play calling duties, he's still nowhere near a 'terrible' coach; he's just a good coach with flaws.

Rausch 09-26-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Calm down there tiger.

I don't want him fired. I like him. I like how he relates to players. I like how he motivates them in subtle ways instead of beating them over the head like Kelly.

I do think he should pass off the OC duties though and concentrate on what he's truly great at...

ToxSocks 09-26-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Dumbass.

staylor26 09-26-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

:clap:

Saying you'd rather have McDaniels than Reid is asinine. We're talking about the guy that handpicked Tebow to be his ****ing QB. Sure, he might've learned a lot from his mistakes and a couple more years with Hoody, but that's a HUGE leap of faith to think he'll all of a sudden be better than a damn good proven HC like Reid.

RunKC 09-26-2016 10:37 AM

People still haven't learned. Don't trust anyone in NE but Bill. Everyone else is a fraud.

DJ's left nut 09-26-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12450064)
For comics, this is the Joe Montana drive in the SB vs. the Bengals.

He turned a VIOLENT crowd booing everyone on stage into loving him by giving them the $3it for his whole set.

Legendary set.

Only Burr would take a crowd verging on a riot and and insult them until they loved him...

"The pride of your city is built around a ****ing guy that doesn't even exist. ****ing Joe Frazier is from there but he's black so you can't ****ing deal with him. So you make a ****ing statue for some 3 foot ****ing Italian...."

Holy shit that was incredible...

staylor26 09-26-2016 10:49 AM

Bill Burr is a god.

My favorite comedian by far. I can't believe somebody like Kevin Hart is more popular than him.

DJ's left nut 09-26-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12450130)
Bill Burr is a god.

My favorite comedian by far. I can't believe somebody like Kevin Hart is more popular than him.

Louis C.K. is still my favorite but Burr's not far behind.

Kevin Hart is the Josh McDaniels of stand up...

The Franchise 09-26-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12450131)

Kevin Hart is the Josh McDaniels of stand up...

This. Louis C.K. and Bill Burr are tops for me.

Al Bundy 09-26-2016 10:58 AM

Dirk Koetter is a terrible head coach. Andy Reid is not.

Bowser 09-26-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

We controlled that game from the jump. I agree it was hard to watch, not to mention that we should have scored 45 with all the turnovers, but they put the offense in a shell early, likely to keep the Steelers from seeing anything on tape. Just my theory, anyway.

Bowser 09-26-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/reKHR48.gif

Excellent post, btw. 100% spot on.

The Franchise 09-26-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12450178)
We controlled that game from the jump. I agree it was hard to watch, not to mention that we should have scored 45 with all the turnovers, but they put the offense in a shell early, likely to keep the Steelers from seeing anything on tape. Just my theory, anyway.

I think it has less to do with that....and more to do with Reid being conservative when his defense is playing well. I don't think that Reid has a killer mentality. He isn't the coach to put his foot on their throat and go in for the kill shot. The last 2 minutes in the 1st half proved that. I know Smith chucked it deep twice...but he wasn't really going for the kill by wasting time.

Lzen 09-26-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12450131)

This!
:clap::clap:

ScareCrowe 09-26-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

McDaniels has been a train wreck when he doesn't have BB holding his hand. Trust me I was a Rams fan I've seen it personally & it wasn't good. He was basically going to run the Patriots O with no regard to whether he actually had the players to do it. He just kept trying to ram the square peg into the round hole.

Granted I just started following the Chiefs this year but I've always thought Reid was a good coach from afar. I would never want McDaniels, seen it once before & it wasn't pretty.

Bowser 09-26-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe (Post 12450230)
McDaniels has been a train wreck when he doesn't have BB holding his hand. Trust me I was a Rams fan I've seen it personally & it wasn't good. He was basically going to run the Patriots O with no regard to whether he actually had the players to do it. He just kept trying to ram the square peg into the round hole.

Granted I just started following the Chiefs this year but I've always thought Reid was a good coach from afar. I would never want McDaniels, seen it once before & it wasn't pretty.

Apologies for you having to deal with Kroenke steal your team away.

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. New guy always brings the beer.

Marcellus 09-26-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

I tried to find the like button for this post.

Thumbs up.

ScareCrowe 09-26-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12450233)
Apologies for you having to deal with Kroenke steal your team away.

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. New guy always brings the beer.

Thanks man!!

Actually have really been enjoying it here, been somewhat laying low as I'm still learning the team so I feel like I lack the knowledge you guys have to be able to really chime in on the debates. But as I get more involved you'll see me post more.

And honestly it's been easier to transition than I thought, it probably helped to have such a great game as my first experience When that game tying extra point almost hit the upright my heart jumped.

Hopefully I can make it to a game this year & meet up with some of you guys & buy you that beer.:D

Kman34 09-26-2016 01:40 PM

The Chiefs are 12-1 in the last 13 games.... I'd say he's doing a ok job...

Mr. Laz 09-26-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

As offensive coordinator ... yes
As Head Coach ... no

Belichek keeps McDaniel in check

Want no part of him as HC yet.

ScareCrowe 09-26-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12450469)
As offensive coordinator ... yes
As Head Coach ... no

Belichek keeps McDaniel in check

Want no part of him as HC yet.

I wouldn't even want him as OC unless he comes as a package with Belichek. He's spent 3 years without BB, his 2 seasons at Denver his offense finished 19th & 20th in points. His season as OC of the Rams he was dead last, & let me tell you from experience it was ugly.

Meanwhile in N.E. while he was gone they finished 6th, 1st & 2nd. He's along for the ride IMO.

Titty Meat 09-26-2016 02:25 PM

McDaniel for Reid? Holy shit ROFL

staylor26 09-26-2016 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12450546)
McDaniel for Reid? Holy shit ROFL

The old ****er is losing it.

RunKC 09-26-2016 03:35 PM

I can see why people are being looney for McDaniels. Year 4 with talent all over the offense and we can't score.

DJ's left nut 09-26-2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12450680)
I can see why people are being looney for McDaniels. Year 4 with talent all over the offense and we can't score.

Is this what it was like when Marty was around? I was just a tick too young to really have a loud dog in those fights back then.

But when my mom would bitch about Marty (and understand, my mom knows jack shit about football) my pat response ended up always being "yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of winning games all the time..." 20 years later we finally have a coach that can approach Schottenheimer's acumen and ability again.

2/3 of the league has a worse coach than we do and perhaps more than that. And yet I'm supposed to act like we should get rid of him for a guy who failed miserably at his last stop as a HC AND his only shot as an OC without Belichick.

I'm sorry but no, I absolutely cannot "see why people are being looney for McDaniels...." Andy Reid's a good coach. He's a coach that's accomplished more than all but a handful of coaches in the history of this game.

I still don't understand how we finally get a legitimate top 10 coach in here and folks are trying to ride him out on a rail because his wins aren't pretty enough. Christ alive, man - watch the rest of the NFL sometime. This is an ugly ass game.

Bowser 09-26-2016 03:55 PM

Yes, let's go with a bombs away offensive philosophy when we get up two scores+, not this conservative attack that ensures the clock will keep running thus taking time away from the team attempting to mad scramble back into the game. Sounds perfectly logical.

Fantasy Football has ****ing ruined the average NFL fan. All we want is to be beat our opponents by 40+ and see at least one flea flicker good for a 70+ yard touchdown.

Mr. Laz 09-26-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12450711)
Is this what it was like when Marty was around?

Marty basically just treated the offense as a tool to give our defense a rest. He put the talent on defense too.

Reid has talent on offense and is just too afraid to use it. Maybe he's forgotten how.

staylor26 09-26-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Is this what it was like when Marty was around? I was just a tick too young to really have a loud dog in those fights back then.

But when my mom would bitch about Marty (and understand, my mom knows jack shit about football) my pat response ended up always being "yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of winning games all the time..." 20 years later we finally have a coach that can approach Schottenheimer's acumen and ability again.

2/3 of the league has a worse coach than we do and perhaps more than that. And yet I'm supposed to act like we should get rid of him for a guy who failed miserably at his last stop as a HC AND his only shot as an OC without Belichick.

I'm sorry but no, I absolutely cannot "see why people are being looney for McDaniels...." Andy Reid's a good coach. He's a coach that's accomplished more than all but a handful of coaches in the history of this game.

I still don't understand how we finally get a legitimate top 10 coach in here and folks are trying to ride him out on a rail because his wins aren't pretty enough. Christ alive, man - watch the rest of the NFL sometime. This is an ugly ass game.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I think most people just don't watch enough football outside of KC.

I'm sure there's probably a lot of "BA sucks" talk going on after the Cardinlas 1-2 start. It's just that when its your coach, you actually see the warts.

Those of us that pay a lot of attention to the rest of the NFL can see that.

Mr. Laz 09-26-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12450720)
Yes, let's go with a bombs away offensive philosophy when we get up two scores+, not this conservative attack that ensures the clock will keep running thus taking time away from the team attempting to mad scramble back into the game. Sounds perfectly logical.

Fantasy Football has ****ing ruined the average NFL fan. All we want is to be beat our opponents by 40+ and see at least one flea flicker good for a 70+ yard touchdown.

There is a huge difference between "bombs" away and not throwing the ball beyond 5 yards. Not throwing the ball with the WRs moving forward. It even goes beyond a conservative nature. Reid doesn't seem to have any feel about what plays to call.

DJ's left nut 09-26-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12450720)

"****ing Andy Reid keeps throwing the ball when we're up by 2 scores and our defense is dominating! Learn to run a clock, fat ****"

{yankyankyank}

The Jets failed to complete their comeback precisely because the Chiefs didn't allow them to do it quickly. And when the 4th came and they tried to hit the gas, the Chiefs were there waiting for them.

Playing with a patchwork line at home against arguably the best defensive front in football and Reid took the air out of the football because....duh. Of course that's what he did because that's actually smart. You don't keep dropping back and exposing Smith to more shots from Wilkerson, Williams or Richardson. You don't push the ball downfield when anything more than a 3 yard drop is probably gonna sting.

The only way the Jets could've won that game was if the offense made it easy for them by giving them the ball in positive down and distance situations. Reid takes untold amounts of shit for bad clock management and yesterday he demonstrates perfect clock management and instead gets shit for bad play-calling.

I'm going back to '****ing idiots' on this one.

Bowser 09-26-2016 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12450725)
There is a huge difference between "bombs" away and not throwing the ball beyond 5 yards. Not throwing the ball with the WRs moving forward. It even goes beyond a conservative nature. Reid doesn't seem to have any feel about what plays to call.

We were up literally the entire game. You think he's going to show a bunch of non-vanilla offensive formations and routes to the Steelers coaches to break down? He called a bunch of boring plays to keep the chains moving and the clock running. It really isn't much more complicated than that.

Bowser 09-26-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12450729)
"****ing Andy Reid keeps throwing the ball when we're up by 2 scores and our defense is dominating! Learn to run a clock, fat ****"

{yankyankyank}

The Jets failed to complete their comeback precisely because the Chiefs didn't allow them to do it quickly. And when the 4th came and they tried to hit the gas, the Chiefs were there waiting for them.

Playing with a patchwork line at home against arguably the best defensive front in football and Reid took the air out of the football because....duh. Of course that's what he did because that's actually smart. You don't keep dropping back and exposing Smith to more shots from Wilkerson, Williams or Richardson. You don't push the ball downfield when anything more than a 3 yard drop is probably gonna sting.

The only way the Jets could've won that game was if the offense made it easy for them by giving them the ball in positive down and distance situations. Reid takes untold amounts of shit for bad clock management and yesterday he demonstrates perfect clock management and instead gets shit for bad play-calling.

I'm going back to '****ing idiots' on this one.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte.../ron-moved.gif

DJ's left nut 09-26-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12450725)

And this is just wrong.

The Chiefs had the ball 5 times in the second half.

Drive 1: They get 2 quick passes for 20 and 17 yards to Conley and Maclin to get themselves to around midfield. On second down, Smith takes a deep shot to Hill and Hill can't quite get the 2nd foot in. Then Kelce jumps and now you're staring at 3rd and 14. This is EXACTLY the time that you should be looking to keep the clock moving. 3rd and 14 gets converted, what, 10% of the time? Short, safe pass to Ware that keeps the clock rolling. There were two effective pass plays and a deep ball. There is absolutely nothing to bitch about in this drive.

Drive 2: 62 plays in 4 yards, Spencer Ware blows the drive by doing shit you flat don't do. Yeah, totally Andy Reid's fault.

Drive 3: 8 plays, 41 yards. Yes, this drive was extremely close to the vest but it also ended in going for it on 4th down. And again, with a big lead, they just burned 4 minutes off the clock. The play-calling wasn't the problem here, they needed one friggen yard to get a first down. Instead the RG and RT got blown apart and #50 for the Jets made a great play to turn Ware sideways as he squirted through the line on his way down. But for a great piece of cleanup work by #50, this is a first down. It wasn't a bad drive even with the turnover on downs and it was absolutely defensible.

Drive 4: This has to be the one you're mad about. 3 and out, no time off the clock. Sure would've been nice to see some aggres.....oh wait, Reid dialed up a deep ball and Smith just flat missed a wide open Conley. That's not a play-calling problem at all; Smith missed an easy throw that would've been good for, what, 30 yards?

Drive 5: Who gives a shit? 5 minutes left on the clock and the Jets has all 3 timeouts; the Chiefs had exactly one goal in this drive - burn the Jets time outs and put them behind the eight ball. Again, if Reid goes throwing the ball around here, the usual suspects would've murdered him for putting the ball in the air when he could've kept it on the ground and milked the clock. This was a NO BRAINER of a drive. You hammer the ground game and get those TOs burned. That decision had a lot to do with the subsequent picks as the Jets now had 3 minutes to score twice and no timeouts to do it with. That's exactly why Fitz was pushing it and exactly why the ball was turned over.

This is just so much crying over nothing. What we saw on Sunday was great clock management and legitimately well done complementary football. But sure, keep complaining because Reid's much much smarter than Clay and you can't actually remember the times that Reid did dial up deep plays or passing plays that actually worked.

Idiots.

Easy 6 09-26-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 12450056)

I really cant remember the last time I laughed this hard, to the point my sides were literally hurting

He absolutely RIPS those people and their city... and they LOVED him for it, that was pure genius

RunKC 09-26-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Andy's coaching record is HOF worthy, but I'm left wondering what many have said here before.

"Andy was a .500 ish coach without Jim Johnson." Is that true? I didn't want to believe that at first, but the more and more I see, the more I'm believing it.
The Chiefs defense has carried this team every single year and that's not debatable.

I would additionally ask you to watch the rest of the NFL. Are you watching the Broncos scoring 4 TD's with a first year 7th rd QB in his first road game? Are you watching Jacoby ****ing Brissett look awesome in his first ever start? Are you watching Dak Prescott look good in Dallas? Are you watching Andy's old pal Doug making a rookie QB look amazing?
We all know that the NFL is about coaching and systems. That's why Semen looks good and Brock looks like shit. So let me ask you...why isn't Andy's system working? It's year 4 and you have more than enough talent at your disposal, but yet your offense is struggling to score.
It's one of 2 things: the system is broken or the QB sucks. Either way, it's on Andy.

I'm not saying that Andy needs to go. I'm rightfully criticizing him bc his offense still can't score, and a coach known for being an offensive genius shouldn't be having these problems.

RunKC 09-26-2016 05:07 PM

On top of that, I would still go further and ask why Bob ****ing Sutton is coaching better than Andy?

Andy has veterans who know this system, have played in it for years and are very talented, yet his offense can't score.

Sutton has Frank ****ing Zombo instead of an elite pass rusher, a very young secondary with little experience and a new ILB with no experience and the defense has been fantastic for 10/12 quarters.

Why can't Andy get his offense going but Sutton can get the defense going in a far worse situation?

jspchief 09-26-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Marty never had this much balance in talent. In fact I'd say he got way more out of less talented teams.

But the end results felt the same. You always knew what Marty's shortcomings were, and when bad things happened it always led back to those shortcomings.

Deberg_1990 09-26-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12450859)
Marty never had this much balance in talent. In fact I'd say he got way more out of less talented teams.

But the end results felt the same. You always knew what Marty's shortcomings were, and when bad things happened it always led back to those shortcomings.

Marty's teams were mostly defensive loaded. He almost always had solid run games as well. His main problems in KC were at QB

King_Chief_Fan 09-26-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12450821)
On top of that, I would still go further and ask why Bob ****ing Sutton is coaching better than Andy?

Andy has veterans who know this system, have played in it for years and are very talented, yet his offense can't score.

Sutton has Frank ****ing Zombo instead of an elite pass rusher, a very young secondary with little experience and a new ILB with no experience and the defense has been fantastic for 10/12 quarters.

Why can't Andy get his offense going but Sutton can get the defense going in a far worse situation?

All I know is that Pederson in Philly is showing Chiefs fans what could have been had Andy let him run the offense

KChiefs1 09-26-2016 06:11 PM

Where is the 4th quarter offense vs San Diego gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLO 09-26-2016 06:20 PM

May I please have my thread starting privileges back? I don't believe they were taken yesterday/today for any good reason. Thank you.

O.city 09-26-2016 07:34 PM

Pedersen has wentz playing so well, he's actually throwing the ball on average shorter than Alex smith. Same with semien.

staylor26 09-26-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12451251)
Pedersen has wentz playing so well, he's actually throwing the ball on average shorter than Alex smith. Same with semien.

LMAO

Deberg_1990 09-26-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12451251)

They are both playing well right now. No doubts.

But their play will level out as the season goes along and more teams can dissect their weakness and tendencies

Chief Northman 09-26-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 12450890)
All I know is that Pederson in Philly is showing Chiefs fans what could have been had Andy let him run the offense

Omg.

Are you for real?

You might want to wait for an actual sample size to appear....

Psyko Tek 09-26-2016 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe (Post 12450254)
Thanks man!!

Actually have really been enjoying it here, been somewhat laying low as I'm still learning the team so I feel like I lack the knowledge you guys have to be able to really chime in on the debates. But as I get more involved you'll see me post more.

And honestly it's been easier to transition than I thought, it probably helped to have such a great game as my first experience When that game tying extra point almost hit the upright my heart jumped.

Hopefully I can make it to a game this year & meet up with some of you guys & buy you that beer.:D

dude, there is no need to know anything here,
but nice you are trying
welcome to the planet

NJChiefsFan 09-26-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe (Post 12450254)
Thanks man!!

As far as sports goes, having a team leave on you has to be high up on the list of crappy things to happen to a fan. I feel for you. Welcome.

Titty Meat 09-26-2016 09:32 PM

2-1
3 winning seasons in a row
First playoff win in 20 years

This board is reeruned as ****

Red Dawg 09-27-2016 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12452091)
2-1
3 winning seasons in a row
First playoff win in 20 years

This board is reeruned as ****

Is that what we want? Another winning season? I got over winning seasons in the 90's. We are suppose to be competing to the big one but instead we have an offense that can't get td's with a QB that refuses to try and get them. 1 td in two games is not even remotely acceptable in year 4. Rookies are killing it on other teams and we sit here year after year with the same problem.

No way in hell is this team a contender with a QB that can't lead the offense to the end zone.

Bob Dole 09-27-2016 04:53 AM

Yeah. We got it the first 40 times you posted the same thing.

Reerun_KC 09-27-2016 07:52 AM

I used to be one of the biggest haters of Andy Reid on this board... But now I have grown to appreciate him in a different way.

First off Andy is a very safe coach a coach that wont break your heart. You know what you have in Andy and you can set your expectations as such... Relate Andy to the cute little slightly chunky girl next door.. Shes sweet and modest, nothing flashy, but she is wholesome and true to you. Your sex life is very basic but good and you enjoy being around her. You know she wont break your heart or cheat on you, so what you have is very comfortable. Thats Andy.

If you set your expectations as such you cant be disappointed or upset at the results of Andy as your coach.

Will we never achieve our ultimate goal of shower anal with our dream girl, just like we wont achieve ultimate success with our horizontal offense. It is what it is...

R Clark 09-27-2016 08:17 AM

Can't win in the playoffs if you don't win in the reg season.oh and --ck anyone who wants josh dumbass McDaniels

ScareCrowe 09-27-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 12452029)
dude, there is no need to know anything here,
but nice you are trying
welcome to the planet

LOL, thanks, and I know what you mean, but I'd feel kinda silly jumping into a debate about players I've only really watched for a couple games

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12452066)
As far as sports goes, having a team leave on you has to be high up on the list of crappy things to happen to a fan. I feel for you. Welcome.

Thanks, you are like the 4th person in the past 2 days to welcome me & feel sorry for what I've been through. (as if it was you guys' fault) So again thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome.

And to the topic of this thread I've been watching a Jeff Fisher coached team for 4 years now. I'll take Andy Reid any day over that.:D

Swanman 09-27-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12450752)
I really cant remember the last time I laughed this hard, to the point my sides were literally hurting

He absolutely RIPS those people and their city... and they LOVED him for it, that was pure genius

I remember listening to Opie and Anthony the week after that happened. Burr was white hot after the crowd shit all over Dom Irrera, someone that Burr really looked up to. Everything he said was made up on the spot and he threw his entire act out the window. Amazing stuff.

OctoberFart 09-27-2016 09:02 AM

How do you guys get 8 turnovers and not win 49 to 3? Are you guys really surprised Reid is bad at game situational awareness? Just throw in last year's patriot playoff game.

Titty Meat 09-27-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12452369)
Is that what we want? Another winning season? I got over winning seasons in the 90's. We are suppose to be competing to the big one but instead we have an offense that can't get td's with a QB that refuses to try and get them. 1 td in two games is not even remotely acceptable in year 4. Rookies are killing it on other teams and we sit here year after year with the same problem.

No way in hell is this team a contender with a QB that can't lead the offense to the end zone.

You'd rather have losing seasons?