ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340166)

NEOM 10-12-2021 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 15889793)
Can you imagine if we kicked out every player that has said something misogynistic or used an "anti gay slur" in their life?

Again, Gruden was not targeted, but during the WFT investigation those e-mails came up. People need to understand that there is a difference between a head coach and a football player. As a head coach you are the leader of the football team, the moral compass, you need to live by the rules that you preach and are given to you. The NFL has principles and despite the fact that those e-mails are years old, there is doubt, whether Gruden really is who he pretends to be. We are not talking about 1-3 e-mails in 2011, plus those e-mails are from different years, so who knows what kind of conversations and e-mails he had during the last 3-4 years. As far as I see it Mark Davis wanted to stick with Gruden, but the NFL indicated to him that he needs to take action otherwise more e-mails will come out, potentially damaging the Raiders organizations as well as other people. I'm curious whether this could really lead to a Harvey Weinstein situation, in which suddenly a lot of people within this business are starting to get cold feet...

Baby Lee 10-12-2021 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 15889823)
Again, Gruden was not targeted, but during the WFT investigation those e-mails came up. People need to understand that there is a difference between a head coach and a football player. As a head coach you are the leader of the football team, the moral compass, you need to live by the rules that you preach and are given to you. The NFL has principles and despite the fact that those e-mails are years old, there is doubt, whether Gruden really is who he pretends to be. We are not talking about 1-3 e-mails in 2011, plus those e-mails are from different years, so who knows what kind of conversations and e-mails he had during the last 3-4 years. As far as I see it Mark Davis wanted to stick with Gruden, but the NFL indicated to him that he needs to take action otherwise more e-mails will come out, potentially damaging the Raiders organizations as well as other people. I'm curious whether this could really lead to a Harvey Weinstein situation, in which suddenly a lot of people within this business are starting to get cold feet...

strategic use of passive voice, belied by your subsequent concession of active intent.

BigRedChief 10-12-2021 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 15889809)
I miss the 90's when people weren't complete pussies.

Sorry to offend.

As the creator of one of the most popular threads on here ranking and objectifying women, I'd say my non- PC credentials are solid. But this is a internet forum.

He's an idiot putting that shit in an email. Never in a million years would I think to send something like that through work email.

Ordering people under you to pose topless, write something racist or homophobic in an email. That's definitely a fireable offense for being so stupid.

Baby Lee 10-12-2021 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15889846)
As the creator of one of the most popular threads on here ranking and objectifying women, I'd say my non- PC credentials are solid. But this is a internet forum.

He's an idiot putting that shit in an email. Never in a million years would I think to send something like that through work email.

Ordering people under you to pose topless, write something racist or homophobic in an email. That's definitely a fireable offense for being so stupid.

I think people are making some conclusory leaps that aren't merited at present.

The best we know is that these exchanges were gleaned from review of communication traffic of Washington Redskin personnel.

We don't anything about when, where or how Gruden SENT those communications, just who received them.

rabblerouser 10-12-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15889790)
My greatest fear at this point is the Raiders hiring Eric B.

He's not shit without Reid and Mahomes, and that's why no one else has hired him.

He's perfect for the Raiders, y'all can have him.

Garcia Bronco 10-12-2021 07:08 AM

The Today show said that Gruden even exchanged emails of half naked cheerleaders...but no mention of Snyder in their report on the subject...and it was the lead story

ghak99 10-12-2021 07:11 AM

"I want to round up all the enablers." ~sometalkinghead

Now they want to go after everyone he sent an email to and judge how they responded to his comments.

There's no way we ship them EB after this shit storm.

DrunkBassGuitar 10-12-2021 07:12 AM

lol about the whole thing

lmao about the resignation

this is why you hire a coach that is obese and not horny. Reid isn't going to get caught sending nudes through email

TLO 10-12-2021 07:27 AM

LMAO

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 07:32 AM

Quote:

Ordering people under you to pose topless,

How in **** did you come up with this?

jd1020 10-12-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15889740)
Everyone get in your work email and call a high ranking exec a bundle of sticks pussy...see what happens.

Grudens a moron, anyone defending it is too. You have to know what you can and can't say how hard is that?

From my understanding he didn't do this in a work email and wasn't even employed by the league at the time, which is why the NFL couldn't do anything about it and basically started blackmailing the Raiders to do it for them.

Gruden is an idiot for saying these things by email, but the outrage over using words like queer when the message was talking about the league forcing the rams to do it, calling someone dumb with big lips, and the commissioner an anti football pussy is a bit laughable. I understand why he was fired. But I don't see anything that suggests he is an actual racist or against gay people.

jd1020 10-12-2021 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 15889857)
The Today show said that Gruden even exchanged emails of half naked cheerleaders...but no mention of Snyder in their report on the subject...and it was the lead story

That was the WFT GM that did that. Gruden was the recipient. Can we really blame him for the WFT GM forcing his cheerleader to pose half naked and then sending it to Gruden?

Marcellus 10-12-2021 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15889875)
How in **** did you come up with this?

The Redskins got busted for doing this with their cheerleaders and apparently Allen shared the topless photos with Gruden.

rabblerouser 10-12-2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15889898)
From my understanding he didn't do this in a work email and wasn't even employed by the league at the time, which is why the NFL couldn't do anything about it and basically started blackmailing the Raiders to do it for them.

Gruden is an idiot for saying these things by email, but the outrage over using words like queer when the message was talking about the league forcing the rams to do it, calling someone dumb with big lips, and the commissioner an anti football pussy is a bit laughable. I understand why he was fired. But I don't see anything that suggests he is an actual racist or against gay people.

This is accurate.

Marcellus 10-12-2021 07:54 AM

To clarify to those still behind the curve somehow-

He didn't get into that much hot water over the email from 10 years ago, they found many many more emails dating all the way up to 2018 when he was coaching the Raiders.

He called Goodell (who has a gay brother) a pillowbiter and complained about the NFL pushing to draft Michael Sam and he also bitched about women refs and the pussification of the league.

I can imagine there is a lot more they are not letting out yet and that's how they leveraged him to resign.

jd1020 10-12-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15889911)
To clarify to those still behind the curve somehow-

He didn't get into that much hot water over the email from 10 years ago, they found many many more emails dating all the way up to 2018 when he was coaching the Raiders.

He called Goodell (who has a gay brother) a bundle of sticks and complained about the NFL pushing to draft Michael Sam and he also bitched about women refs and the pussification of the league.

I can imagine there is a lot more they are not letting out yet and that's how they leveraged him to resign.

There are no reports of any of these emails being sent when Gruden was an employee of the Raiders, the reports I have read specifically say "before he was hired by the Raiders." It is in fact possible for him to send an email dated 2018 before he was hired. Theres a reason why the league was handcuffed and needed the Raiders to get rid of him.

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15889903)
That was the WFT GM that did that. Gruden was the recipient. Can we really blame him for the WFT GM forcing his cheerleader to pose half naked and then sending it to Gruden?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15889905)
The Redskins got busted for doing this with their cheerleaders and apparently Allen shared the topless photos with Gruden.

So media is placing blame on Gruden for receiving topless pics that he likely had no idea were coerced.

mr. tegu 10-12-2021 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15889737)
I personally always laugh when someone has a post that is basically saying "it's my right and everyone else's to be racist and homophobic how dare you judge us"

99% of the time the context is such that the person is not being racist and instead is being accused of it by someone looking to be a victim and discredit the person.

jd1020 10-12-2021 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15889932)
99% of the time the context is such that the person is not being racist and instead is being accused of it by someone looking to be a victim and discredit the person.

Its the anti racist while being a racist movement.

Whats more racist? Saying someone has big lips or the Rooney Rule.

KCUnited 10-12-2021 08:13 AM

Knock on a bundle of sticks if you're with me

FlaChief58 10-12-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty (Post 15888887)
Shit now they might get a decent coach.

Let's not get carried away. It's still the faid

kstater 10-12-2021 08:21 AM

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

jd1020 10-12-2021 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 15889957)
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Grudens stupid prize was somewhere between 40 and 100 million dollars.

notorious 10-12-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15879865)
Oh shit.

This might let the Raiders out of that 10 years contract.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

GeorgeZimZam 10-12-2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 15889857)

That is because Dan Snyder (along with the Davis family, too, surprise surprise) is a member of a privileged tribe that also happens to control the media itself.

TLO 10-12-2021 08:44 AM

Found the Prison Bitch mult ^

Mennonite 10-12-2021 08:45 AM

What would America's unemployment rate be if everyone who called Roger Goodell a pillowbiter lost their jobs?

https://i.imgur.com/uASI8KD.jpg

TLO 10-12-2021 08:48 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Suxiw&usqp=CAU

Chiefspants 10-12-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam (Post 15889991)
That is because Dan Snyder (along with the Davis family, too, surprise surprise) is a member of a privileged tribe that also happens to control the media itself.

Yikes.

Marcellus 10-12-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15889929)
So media is placing blame on Gruden for receiving topless pics that he likely had no idea were coerced.

I'm just reporting what happened.

This is all to paint a total narrative. Gruden had pics of topless NFL cheerleaders but he didn't like women refs in the sport = misogynist.

Gruden calling Goodell a bundle of sticks and complaining about the NFL drafting queers = Homophobe

penguinz 10-12-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam (Post 15889991)

You are exactly what is wrong with society today.

Marcellus 10-12-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15889927)
There are no reports of any of these emails being sent when Gruden was an employee of the Raiders, the reports I have read specifically say "before he was hired by the Raiders." It is in fact possible for him to send an email dated 2018 before he was hired. Theres a reason why the league was handcuffed and needed the Raiders to get rid of him.

Quote:

In the additional emails covering a nearly seven-year period and ending in 2018, Gruden described NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in homophobic and derogatory terms and criticized the league for the way it handled player protests during the national anthem.
So you really think the emails stopped Jan 7th 2018? Maybe I guess.

Quote:

On Jan. 8, 2018, Gruden signed a 10-year, $100 million contract to return to the helm in Oakland. That's the richest contract for a head coach in NFL history, though Gruden is third in the NFL in AAV behind Patriots HC Bill Belichick ($12.5 million) and Seattle's Pete Carroll ($11 million).

jd1020 10-12-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15890023)
So you really think the emails stopped Jan 7th 2018? Maybe I guess.

I have no reason to believe thats not the case. Why else would the NFL need to blackmail the Raiders to fire someone for them?

Maybe Gruden, like the rest of us, understands you dont send these emails through your work email.

Marcellus 10-12-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15890026)
I have no reason to believe thats not the case. Why else would the NFL need to blackmail the Raiders to fire someone for them?

There is no actual evidence this is what happened, you know that right?

The truth is the NFL didn't want to have to get involved, its way easier to let the team do it because if the NFL sets precedent here then it gets way more complicated long term.

jd1020 10-12-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15890031)
The truth is the NFL didn't want to have to get involved, its way easier to let the team do it because if the NFL sets precedent here then it gets way more complicated long term.

What? If the NFL fires someone for what any employer would fire an employee over makes things complicated? Interesting.

Marcellus 10-12-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15890035)
What? If the NFL fires someone for what any employer would fire an employee over makes things complicated? Interesting.

Help me out here, what authority does the NFL have over coaches? They don't work for the NFL they work for the team. They aren't part of the NFPA so they aren't collectively bargained etc...

I think the idea the NFL can fire a coach is completely wrong, the team has to do it.

jd1020 10-12-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15890046)
Help me out here, what authority does the NFL have over coaches? They don't work for the NFL they work for the team. They aren't part of the NFPA so they aren't collectively bargained etc...

I think the idea the NFL can fire a coach is completely wrong, the team has to do it.

They can absolutely suspend whoever the **** they want. Under certain circumstances they can even force an owner to sell his/her team.

They have already handed out 2 indefinite suspensions to coaches.

You need to rethink your thought.

Iconic 10-12-2021 09:10 AM

Ughhhh now the Raiders might become competent again :(

Pablo 10-12-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 15890058)
Ughhhh now the Raiders might become competent again :(

Just remember that Mark Davis and mayock still run things.

The Franchise 10-12-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Guys! Guys! Were you aware that I created the girly thread!?! LOOK AT ME!!!!

NEOM 10-12-2021 10:01 AM

Jeezz…prepare yourselves for day long discussions about white people running things and being racists.

jettio 10-12-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 15890107)

Mayock may prove to be a better GM without Gruden around insisting on drafting Gruden Grinder types.

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 15890107)

Mayock will likely be much better without Gruden around.

SuperBowl4 10-12-2021 10:14 AM

So much for privacy and the first amendment! Someone had it out for him to go digging thru emails a decade ago. It’s a beautiful world we live in! For you, for you, for you…….not me-Devolution is real! I think Tom Cable should be the HC. He should have never been replaced

chiefzilla1501 10-12-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 15890018)
You are exactly what is wrong with society today.

You don't think it's just a little strange that with all that's breaking on this story, Snyder is the back of the story? There's an owner privilege thing at play here where they operate above the rules after decades of bragging about "the shield" . Like when Jim irsay and Snyder slide under the radar while everyone underneath them gets thrown under a bus.

But it sure seems like the nfl is trying to sweep something under the rug here, doesn't it? I mean, after suspending players over tiny offenses, Snyder and Watson go completely untouched. Almost as if there's fear that acknowledging the problem will open up pandoras box.

Until Snyder gets implicated, there's something that feels really fishy in all of this.

RealSNR 10-12-2021 10:19 AM

From a pure football standpoint, as a Chiefs fan, this is bad news.

I liked Gruden exactly where he was. Unfireable for the rest of his 10 year contract, slowly collapsing his rebuilt roster like an utter dingus.

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 15890179)
So much for privacy and the first amendment! Someone had it out for him to go digging thru emails a decade ago. It’s a beautiful world we live in! For you, for you, for you…….not me-Devolution is real! I think Tom Cable should be the HC. He should have never been replaced

1A doesn't apply.

SuperBowl4 10-12-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

didn’t Jon Gruden talk **** about Robert Krafts good buddy Roger Goodall in one of those emails?

Rams Fan 10-12-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15889790)
My greatest fear at this point is the Raiders hiring Eric B.

There’s no way in hell they will given the backlash regarding Gruden and Bienemy’s past.

chiefzilla1501 10-12-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

He didn't get fired. He resigned.

I don't know if he'd resign over this without sniff testing it first. If urban can survive, gruden could have easily survived this. Let's not rule out the idea that there could be something way worse under the surface.

Rams Fan 10-12-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15890206)
He didn't get fired. He resigned.

I don't know if he'd resign over this without sniff testing it first. If urban can survive, gruden could have easily survived this. Let's not rule out the idea that there could be something way worse under the surface.

There’s also the fact that Gruden pretty much blatantly lied Friday and there’s likely much worse communications that we’ll never know about.

BryanBusby 10-12-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15890176)
Mayock will likely be much better without Gruden around.

Based off of what?

chiefzilla1501 10-12-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 15890210)
There’s also the fact that Gruden pretty much blatantly lied Friday and there’s likely much worse communications that we’ll never know about.

That's my sense. I just can't see him abruptly resigning like this if there wasn't something more. It sure seems like he's trying to get ahead of something and I'm not sure what was leaked is bad enough to create that kind of panic.

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15890219)
Based off of what?

No where to go but up.

BryanBusby 10-12-2021 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15890224)
No where to go but up.

Oh no, they have not hit rock bottom. lol

notorious 10-12-2021 10:36 AM

Gruden might have wanted out anyway. He made a shitload of money, probably got a buyout on the remainder of his contract.

Time to kick up his feet and retire.

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15890225)
Oh no, they have not hit rock bottom. lol

Yeah, they pretty much bombed all their high draft picks since Gruden arrived.

Later round picks have been great.

Which ones do you think Gruden was forcing?

dirk digler 10-12-2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

They do have authority over the coaches, remember Sean Payton being suspended for a year or fines to other coaches? If this happened when he was a coach of the Raiders they would have dumped him on their own.

And just remember people, if these emails would have come out when he was working at ESPN on MNF ESPN would have fired him immediately and he never would have been in the NFL to begin with.

BryanBusby 10-12-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15890234)
Yeah, they pretty much bombed all their high draft picks since Gruden arrived.

Later round picks have been great.

Which ones do you think Gruden was forcing?

I think the 1st round receiver and AB were forced by Gruden.

After that, I think a lot of it is on Mayock. He had some very questionable rankings when he was still on NFL Network, so it was definitely a question I raised when he was originally hired.

Would bet the shit like Ferrell #4 overall, Arnette in the first and probably Leatherwood were all Mayock ideas.

Fish 10-12-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

As the creator of one of the most popular threads on here ranking and objectifying women, I'd say my non- PC credentials are solid.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/gH3HH...=200w.gif&ct=g

alpha_omega 10-12-2021 10:53 AM

This is surprising....

Deuce Gruden, son of Jon Gruden, will remain on Raiders staff after dad's resignation

On Monday night, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Deuce Gruden, son of Jon Gruden, remains with the Raiders in his role of assistant strength and conditioning coach.

Certainly, this is an uncomfortable spot for the younger Gruden to be in. He previously worked for his uncle Jay Gruden while he was on the hot seat, but he was already with Las Vegas when his uncle was fired during the 2019 season. Now, he is in the midst of team and family drama following his father's resignation.

Nonetheless, it appears for the moment that he's willing to stick around and continue working for the Raiders.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...41p7utuldjcpb3

Sassy Squatch 10-12-2021 10:54 AM

That name. Why?

jd1020 10-12-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15890238)
And just remember people, if these emails would have come out when he was working at ESPN on MNF ESPN would have fired him immediately and he never would have been in the NFL to begin with.

Not entirely true. Eric Bieniemy has a job.

Sassy Squatch 10-12-2021 10:58 AM

Plz

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy and Bills OC Brian Daboll are the favorites to become the Raiders head coach, per BetOnline <a href="https://t.co/lPHk1Bbz0U">pic.twitter.com/lPHk1Bbz0U</a></p>&mdash; Nick Veronica (@NickVeronica) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickVeronica/status/1447951200272400391?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mennonite 10-12-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 15890267)
This is surprising....

Have to get those steroid funds from somewhere, right?

https://i.imgur.com/0Nek0hk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/X5QFjQN.jpg

The Franchise 10-12-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15890282)
Plz

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy and Bills OC Brian Daboll are the favorites to become the Raiders head coach, per BetOnline <a href="https://t.co/lPHk1Bbz0U">pic.twitter.com/lPHk1Bbz0U</a></p>&mdash; Nick Veronica (@NickVeronica) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickVeronica/status/1447951200272400391?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

God yes. Please sign Bienemy and give us those picks. We’ll even trade you CEH.

RealSNR 10-12-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15890219)
Based off of what?

Well he’ll be able to actually do his damn job and make decisions for once.

That might backfire on him, but it could also be a good thing for the team.

Hammock Parties 10-12-2021 11:03 AM

Daboll LMAO

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15890282)
Plz

Daboll would be my preferred choice from that list. Probably means there is no way in hell it happens.

FloridaMan88 10-12-2021 11:03 AM

Losing EB would be addition by subtraction... Andy needs an infusion of new ideas on his coaching staff.

Even if it is just re-shuffling existing guys to new roles... i.e. promoting Kafka to OC.

RealSNR 10-12-2021 11:04 AM

Please Raiders. Be the ones to give us our comp 3rd

Hammock Parties 10-12-2021 11:06 AM

keyshawn owning him

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“He’s just always been a fraud to me…from day one he’s been a used car salesman and people bought it.”<a href="https://twitter.com/keyshawn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@keyshawn</a> reacts to Jon Gruden’s resignation from the Raiders. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KJM?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KJM</a> <a href="https://t.co/iVu7vlJCjk">pic.twitter.com/iVu7vlJCjk</a></p>&mdash; Keyshawn, JWill &amp; Max (@KeyJayandMax) <a href="https://twitter.com/KeyJayandMax/status/1447881904724787203?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mennonite 10-12-2021 11:09 AM

Yeah, Gruden's a fraud because he "inherited a championship team built by Tony Dungy."

A championship team that Tony Dungy never managed to win a championship with. Makes perfect sense.

jd1020 10-12-2021 11:09 AM

Keyshawn getting a little chunky.

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 11:09 AM

Keyshawn has always hated Gruden because Gruden saw him for what he was.

FloridaMan88 10-12-2021 11:11 AM

Keyshawn has been waiting 20 years for this opportunity to unload on Gruden.

-King- 10-12-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15890313)
Yeah, Gruden's a fraud because he "inherited a championship team built by Tony Dungy."

A championship team that Tony Dungy never managed to win a championship with. Makes perfect sense.

I mean he got the perfect situation. He inherited an elite team and then faced his former team that for some reason still used his plays and audibles. He played that Superbowl on easy mode. And then once he had to start getting his own players and system in place, the whole team fell apart and he had a losing record the rest of his time there.

Hammock Parties 10-12-2021 11:26 AM

Keyshawn not realizing he is also a used car salesman is funny.

All TV personalities are.

jettio 10-12-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15890184)
You don't think it's just a little strange that with all that's breaking on this story, Snyder is the back of the story? There's an owner privilege thing at play here where they operate above the rules after decades of bragging about "the shield" . Like when Jim irsay and Snyder slide under the radar while everyone underneath them gets thrown under a bus.

But it sure seems like the nfl is trying to sweep something under the rug here, doesn't it? I mean, after suspending players over tiny offenses, Snyder and Watson go completely untouched. Almost as if there's fear that acknowledging the problem will open up pandoras box.

Until Snyder gets implicated, there's something that feels really fishy in all of this.

IDK, Jerry Richardson was kinda forced to sell Panthers for similar workplace claims. I suppose Richardson’s surviving son did not want to inherit team and that was a factor in Richardson being agreeable to selling.

Snyder could get a Donald Sterling windfall selling that team if the investigation shows he was directly involved in some rotten behavior.

SuperBowl4 10-12-2021 11:29 AM

Will the league allow players to put “**** Jon” on the back of their helmets for next weekend’s games?