ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The Cleveland Guardians? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339157)

R8RFAN 07-23-2021 02:01 PM

Chiefs are next

R8RFAN 07-23-2021 02:03 PM

I have a good catchy new name for your team because you know it's gonna happen sooner or later, I am not into politically correct personally but a good name would be.

KC Rockers

smithandrew051 07-23-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 15752344)
Chiefs are next

Maybe not next, but soon

R8RFAN 07-23-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15752347)
Maybe not next, but soon

it's horseshit too

R Clark 07-23-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15752304)
I think the team has done a decent job of minimizing the Native imagery that is more problematic than the name itself, but I won't be the least bit upset if they do go ahead and change it. Monarchs would be perfect and worth buying from the former T-Bones. Some other names that could be fun:
  • Burnt Ends
  • Smokers
  • Yardbirds (after Charlie Parker)
  • Nighthawks (after the Coon-Sanders Original Nighthawk Orchestra, which was the first KC jazz band to gain national prominence. Please do not suggest any of the other words in the band's name)
  • Fountaineers (okay this one is stupid but still kinda fun imho)
  • Steamboats (after the Arabia and also "Arabians" would not go over well)
  • Tornadoes (why isn't there a major pro team called the Tornadoes???)
  • Unions, Scouts, Kings (former KC sport team names that would work well)
  • Mobsters (celebrating KC's organized crime history!)
  • Sevillians (celebrating KC's sister city, Seville, Spain)
  • Barbers (like The Barber of Seville??)

I dunno man, I get the appeal of Tradition and all that, but I simply don't feel threatened by the prospect of a name change. If anything, it's an opportunity for something new and fun. I think we would all get used to it a lot quicker than we think, too. Either way I'm not losing sleep over it!

Easy to see your not from or anywhere near kc and haven’t been a fan very long.I can’t imagine anyone on this board in agreement with your take as it sucks the big penis.I personally know more than a few Native Americans and not one of them have a problem with Chiefs

carcosa 07-23-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15752355)
Easy to see your not from or anywhere near kc and haven’t been a fan very long.I can’t imagine anyone on this board in agreement with your take as it sucks the big penis.I personally know more than a few Native Americans and not one of them have a problem with Chiefs

I was born in Kansas City, Missouri and have been a Chiefs fan since before I can remember but okay lmao

And if you actually read my posts instead of reflexively smashing the thumbs down button, you'd see that I acknowledge that there are plenty of Natives who don't care. And I happen to be friends with plenty of other people who were born and raised in Kansas City and are huge Chiefs fans who actually do agree with me. So whose anecdotal evidence wins now????

carcosa 07-23-2021 02:11 PM

Hating Steve Bono is literally my earliest memory and you're going to tell me that I haven't been a Chiefs fan for very long because I have a different opinion about whether it's okay to appropriate Native cultures lmaoooooooo

carcosa 07-23-2021 02:17 PM

I would love it if even a single person opposed to these name changes could engage with the idea thoughtfully instead of lashing out like a scared child. You don't even have to change your mind, just don't be weird for two seconds lol

As I've said before, I don't even really think the Chiefs need to change their name. I'm just not opposed to it if they do! Because the argument in favor of changing it makes sense to me! Sorry for the ~*~nuance~*~

eDave 07-23-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15752365)
Hating Steve Bono is literally my earliest memory and you're going to tell me that I haven't been a Chiefs fan for very long because I have a different opinion about whether it's okay to appropriate Native cultures lmaoooooooo

The only jersey I own is Bono's. I put duct tape over the name. Get's a few laughs.

carcosa 07-23-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15752388)
The only jersey I own is Bono's. I put duct tape over the name. Get's a few laughs.

Wearing a Bono jersey is more offensive than the name Chiefs tbh

KCUnited 07-23-2021 02:24 PM

https://i.imgur.com/nQVy9Yo.jpg?1

carcosa 07-23-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15752394)

I don't love the name Guardians but this is a pretty good argument for why the logo actually whips ass

smithandrew051 07-23-2021 02:38 PM

The Kansas City Trivia Kings!!!!!

carcosa 07-23-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15752421)
The Kansas City Trivia Kings!!!!!

Okay now that's a good idea!!!!!!!!!

carcosa 07-23-2021 02:40 PM

The Kansas City Cumblasters... KC Wolf shoots a thick rope every time we score...