ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Fumbling into the end zone (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336451)

Lprechaun 02-26-2024 07:21 PM

The rule is perfect as it is. The goal line is sacred ground. If you dont posess the ball going over it you LOSE it to your opponent in THEIR goal.
How is this hard to understand

scho63 02-26-2024 07:30 PM

Maybe it's just me but "fumbling into the end zone" sounds like code for drunk anal sex.

Lzen 02-27-2024 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17418217)
We’ve benefitted from this rule in two major playoff games. Two games that we quite possibly lose without these opposing TDs turning into touchbacks.

Idk why any Chiefs fan would want the rule reverted.

Remind me, to which games, specifically, are you referring?

Jewish Rabbi 02-27-2024 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17418400)
Maybe it's just me but "fumbling into the end zone" sounds like code for drunk anal sex.

Just you hooker boy

displacedinMN 02-27-2024 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17418868)

Clev--covid year. Sorenson knocks the ball out of someones hands at the goal line and it goes out.

Cant remember the second.

But Priest lost one vs Indy in the no punt game.

DJ's left nut 02-27-2024 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 17418395)
The rule is perfect as it is. The goal line is sacred ground. If you dont posess the ball going over it you LOSE it to your opponent in THEIR goal.
How is this hard to understand

Right?

You get the advantage of having the play dead as soon as the ball breaks the plane (regardless of whether or not you then lose it if you fumble it before you go to ground).

To act like this should be treated the same as any other spot on the field is goofy.

Secure the goddamn football inside the 1 yard line. It just isn't that hard. The penalty for trying to sneak a ball across the goaline when you know your body isn't going to make it should absolutely be severe.

siberian khatru 02-27-2024 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17418904)

But Priest lost one vs Indy in the no punt game.

That wasn't anywhere near the end zone.

ThaVirus 02-27-2024 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17418868)

The 2020 playoff run against the Browns was the first. Sorenson made the play that day.

That was the game Mahomes was knocked out due to an alleged concussion and we needed a huge 4th down conversion by Matt Moore to ice the game at the end.

The second was this most recent 2023 playoff run against the Ravens. Sneed made the play on Zay Flowers.

Someone reminded me of the Hardman fumble through the end zone that actually went against us when we played the Bills also in this 2023 playoff run but we won that game in the end so no harm, no foul in my mind.

I’m not sure we win either game against the Browns or Ravens if those plays aren’t made, tbh. It’s possible, obviously, but you never know.

displacedinMN 02-27-2024 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 17418921)
That wasn't anywhere near the end zone.

I thought it rolled out of the end zone

that was a long time ago, and I have blocked a lot of that out.

the Chiefs began when we drafted mahomes, right?

Monticore 02-27-2024 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17418912)
Right?

You get the advantage of having the play dead as soon as the ball breaks the plane (regardless of whether or not you then lose it if you fumble it before you go to ground).

To act like this should be treated the same as any other spot on the field is goofy.

Secure the goddamn football inside the 1 yard line. It just isn't that hard. The penalty for trying to sneak a ball across the goaline when you know your body isn't going to make it should absolutely be severe.

Sacks/holding /grounding are all treated differently in the endzone and are much harsher than anywhere else , don’t hold/don’t ground/don’t get sack/don’t step out of bounds and don’t fumble , the rule is fine it’s not a surprise rule people don’t know about.

Dartgod 02-27-2024 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17418930)
The 2020 playoff run against the Browns was the first. Sorenson made the play that day.

That was the game Mahomes was knocked out due to an alleged concussion and we needed a huge 4th down conversion by Matt Moore to ice the game at the end.

The second was this most recent 2023 playoff run against the Ravens. Sneed made the play on Zay Flowers.

Someone reminded me of the Hardman fumble through the end zone that actually went against us when we played the Bills also in this 2023 playoff run but we won that game in the end so no harm, no foul in my mind.

I’m not sure we win either game against the Browns or Ravens if those plays aren’t made, tbh. It’s possible, obviously, but you never know.

Flowers didn't fumble through the end zone though. He fumbled into the end zone where we recovered the ball.

ThaVirus 02-27-2024 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 17418955)
Flowers didn't fumble through the end zone though. He fumbled into the end zone where we recovered the ball.

Fair point.

And I don’t remember the Hardman fumble all that well. Was that recovered by the Bills or did it go out of bounds in the end zone?

siberian khatru 02-27-2024 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17418939)
I thought it rolled out of the end zone

that was a long time ago, and I have blocked a lot of that out.

the Chiefs began when we drafted mahomes, right?

Down at the 22. I think we can all watch this now with the idea it (and all the others) only made the current run that much more rewarding. :D

5:57 mark

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sTTBSY5IDXQ?si=IizjbsNuzYgqWo5i&amp;start=357" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dartgod 02-27-2024 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17418964)
Fair point.

And I don’t remember the Hardman fumble all that well. Was that recovered by the Bills or did it go out of bounds in the end zone?

It went through the end zone and out the sideline.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GGhxs7xiEkU?si=wkyXZZgKMjswWRBU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>