ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2019 Nascar thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321371)

KCTitus 02-16-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14798984)
I was into it in the mid to late 90s

So..when Gordon was basically a rookie...LOL...I dont even think that they had pit lane speed limits back then. Mid 90s hadnt even started the best part of Nascar.

tyecopeland 02-16-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14798593)
I'm picking COLE CUSTER

For whatever reason that reminded me of the early 90s driver Dick Trickle.

ILChief 02-16-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 14798989)
So..when Gordon was basically a rookie...LOL...I dont even think that they had pit lane speed limits back then. Mid 90s hadnt even started the best part of Nascar.

I didn’t say it was the best. That’s just when I followed it

KCTitus 02-16-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14799009)
I didn’t say it was the best. That’s just when I followed it

Well...we really appreciate you stopping by 25 some years after you claim to have stopped watching. As someone who spent from the mid 90s until Gordon retired, I will say you missed a bunch of shit. Good effing racing and now you've peeked into a situation where the series is a joke.

Spoiler Alert...I'm sorry to inform you that Dale Sr. died about 6 years after you stopped watching,

ILChief 02-16-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 14799021)
Well...we really appreciate you stopping by 25 some years after you claim to have stopped watching. As someone who spent from the mid 90s until Gordon retired, I will say you missed a bunch of shit. Good effing racing and now you've peeked into a situation where the series is a joke.

Spoiler Alert...I'm sorry to inform you that Dale Sr. died about 6 years after you stopped watching,

Not sure why me asking when the stages started angered you

KCTitus 02-16-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14799033)
Not sure why me asking when the stages started angered you

Angered? LOL...You didnt anger me...frankly, I had a laugh because you said you stopped watching somewhere between 2001 and 2015 and when I asked you said mid to late 90's...

I'm sorry for you, you missed the best years of Nascar....

But hey, you can focus on stage racing and I will be the first to mock it, just like you did.

Did you know that Darlington lost their race during labor day until like 4 years ago? And North Wilksboro no longer has a Nascar race?

Edit:

Did you ever see the Car of Tomorrow? Did you see the tandem racing from the COT? What were the flaw of the COT? Who started racing in the late 90's and never made it to today that you missed? Ever hear of Matt Kenseth? Maybe Jeremy Mayfield? Do you know who is driving the 3 today?

Edit 2:

Stages started in 2016...a mere 15-20 years after you stopped watching.

Demonpenz 02-16-2020 09:23 PM

I don't think it will ever be dead but Kansas is going to get a race cut and there is going to be lots more smaller tracks. Boomers are going to hate hybrid one lug nut 6 speed manumatic cars

KCTitus 02-16-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14799073)
I don't think it will ever be dead but Kansas is going to get a race cut and there is going to be lots more smaller tracks. Boomers are going to hate hybrid one lug nut 6 speed manumatic cars

Unless KS reworks into a unique track and not a 1.5m cookie cutter they're in danger of being dropped.

People of all ages are going to hate any sort of racing that doesnt involve the fastest cars available in the class. If the new generation which clearly doenst give a shit about todays racing shows up to watch a couple of pillowbitergotty cars with windmills, then hey, rock on...until that day, it's fossil fuels and internal combustion engines will rule the roost.

backinblack 02-16-2020 09:39 PM

never realized how boring the Superspeedway races were until I went to a spring Talladega race a few years back(the one where my boy Chase flipped his car). You sit there and watch the cars go by you and then for roughly 2 and a half minutes there's nothing, you can see the cars way off in the distance and on the video screen. The atmosphere is still great, just a non stop party, but for actually watching the racing it sucked.

Prefer the shorter tracks like Bristol and Darlington, been to races at both and had a much better time. Bristol particularly the action is never not in front of you.

I grew up watching the sport in the late 80s into the early 90s(my favorite driver was Bill Elliott because as a kid I thought he resembled my grandmother; now Chase is my favorite), and while I fell off a bit in the mid 2000s I've since come back to it, and really the last couple of years have been pretty good. I don't like the Gibbs cars always winning, but other than that I find it mostly enjoyable. I'll be watching as long as it's around.

KCTitus 02-16-2020 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 14799085)
never realized how boring the Superspeedway races were until I went to a spring Talladega race a few years back(the one where my boy Chase flipped his car). You sit there and watch the cars go by you and then for roughly 2 and a half minutes there's nothing, you can see the cars way off in the distance and on the video screen. The atmosphere is still great, just a non stop party, but for actually watching the racing it sucked.

Prefer the shorter tracks like Bristol and Darlington, been to races at both and had a much better time. Bristol particularly the action is never not in front of you.

I grew up watching the sport in the late 80s into the early 90s(my favorite driver was Bill Elliott because as a kid I thought he resembled my grandmother; now Chase is my favorite), and while I fell off a bit in the mid 2000s I've since come back to it, and really the last couple of years have been pretty good. I don't like the Gibbs cars always winning, but other than that I find it mostly enjoyable. I'll be watching as long as it's around.

Bristol is sooo much fun..why there arent more tracks like that is an abomination...love me some darlington as well...Daytona and Talladega are for ****ing insomniacs and douchebags.

SuperBowl4 02-17-2020 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14799007)
For whatever reason that reminded me of the early 90s driver Dick Trickle.

Remember Coo Coo Marlin?

SuperBowl4 02-17-2020 03:03 PM

DAYTONA 500 - It's on FOX ! Re-START Maybe 15,000 at most in the grandstands. Grandstands hold 100,000

eDave 02-17-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14800055)
It's on! FOX Re-START Maybe 15,000 at most in the grandstands

Chiefs/Rams 2018 just started.

SuperBowl4 02-17-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14800062)
Chiefs/Rams 2018 just started.

I was at that game! Probably the second best NFL game ever only because the CHIEFS lost. Was hoping for a SUPER BOWL rematch but Dee Ford had to nix it.

backinblack 02-17-2020 03:13 PM

at least today looks like a clearer day out