ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307938)

Amnorix 05-19-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 14275984)
The North is an independent kingdom. Jon could stay and Winterfell and they could tell the rest of the kingdoms to go screw.

Sure, which would mean that Jon broke his vow to join the Night's Watch, right? Which isn't terribly likely based on, you know, Jon being Jon.

Hammock Parties 05-19-2019 09:07 PM

Also, loved loved LOVED Brienne writing Ser Jaime in nobly.

Paused it and read all the words, too. :D

DaFace 05-19-2019 09:09 PM

The last two seasons were a nice rough draft of the story. I'll look forward to reading the finished product when GRRM gets it done (hopefully).

BucEyedPea 05-19-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 14275977)
Its all set up for a movie and spinoffs.

I can see that.

Bump 05-19-2019 09:11 PM

While I was entertained as it kept my attention, which is all I hope for when I'm watching something, I do think it was dumb that they had that whole council thing trying to decide who should be the next ruler of the 7 kingdoms and at least 4 of them knew that Jon was supposed to be the rightful heir and nobody even mentioned that. Couldn't Jon summon the dragon since he has that blood and make it return to him, I dunno but you would think.

This is one show that spinoffs could be alright, there's so much more.

Gravedigger 05-19-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14275958)
Meeeeehhhhhhhh

That’s how I am. It was a decent episode with interesting dialogue bits but Daenaerys only having about 4 hours of Queen time before getting overthrown, that whole thing was just dumb. If you were going to throw her away after all these years just have her die in the battle of winterfell and have Jon storm Kings Landing in her name and then give up the throne once he got revenge for his family.

Hammock Parties 05-19-2019 09:12 PM

Also, the entire small council scene was classic GoT. Loved every second of that.

And I'd love to see a movie with King Bran being an all-knowing dick to everyone. LMAO

Amnorix 05-19-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14275995)
Bran sucks and makes no sense, he said in episode 2 that he doesn’t want anymore but yet like a smug piece of shit he says why do you think I came all this way. **** Bran, he’s the worst written character the last three seasons, turned into a comatose robot dick after becoming the three eyed raven. Tyrion would’ve at least made sense, could’ve had Bronn as his hand, had Brienne as the captain of the kings guard. Bran makes sense as Master of Whispers; he knows everything already so he’s baller at his job and he can do as he pleases.

You're ignoring the fact that Tyrion is right. MANY hate him -- like practically everyone -- and the Lannister power base doesn't even exist. Exactly who is loyal to him, and why?

This is, fundamentally, my main problem with King Bran. He has no house and no armies loyal TO HIM. The Starks and Northmen are IN THE DAMN NORTH. And he's shown no ability to inspire either loyalty or fear, which are the two things (one or the other or both) that a leader in that setting must have.

But yeah, on balance...ok. The entire kingdom is very much off-balance, and nobody else has much in the way of armies loyal to them either.

But seriously -- does anyone think Bronn ISN'T making a play for the throne within five years?

Overall, I'm okay with it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.

NewChief 05-19-2019 09:16 PM

The line of Bran “looking” for Drogo. So yah. He can warg him. Could be interesting. As I said: I like the ending. I think they should have killed the Dragon instead of Dany because that removes the nuclear option. Having the dragon still in play makes things more interesting though.

Sassy Squatch 05-19-2019 09:16 PM

Jon got to pet Ghost. That was nice.

Bowser 05-19-2019 09:16 PM

Welp, ok then.

I see that D&D directed this episode. It showed.

Dylan 05-19-2019 09:18 PM

I liked the ending.

Amnorix 05-19-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 14276009)
The line of Bran “looking” for Drogo. So yah. He can warg him. Could be interesting. As I said: I like the ending. I think they should have killed the Dragon instead of Dany because that removes the nuclear option. Having the dragon still in play makes things more interesting though.

So all these seasons and hours and I think Drogon might be my overall favorite character. :LOL:

NewChief 05-19-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14276006)
You're ignoring the fact that Tyrion is right. MANY hate him -- like practically everyone -- and the Lannister power base doesn't even exist. Exactly who is loyal to him, and why?

This is, fundamentally, my main problem with King Bran. He has no house and no armies loyal TO HIM. The Starks and Northmen are IN THE DAMN NORTH. And he's shown no ability to inspire either loyalty or fear, which are the two things (one or the other or both) that a leader in that setting must have.

But yeah, on balance...ok. The entire kingdom is very much off-balance, and nobody else has much in the way of armies loyal to them either.

But seriously -- does anyone think Bronn ISN'T making a play for the throne within five years?

But I think the kumbaya, hippie ass point that’s being made is that the people who elected him are all products of the song of ice and fire. So it’s like a paradigm shift in leadership in Westeros.

NewChief 05-19-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14276013)
So all these seasons and hours and I think Drogon might be my overall favorite character. :LOL:

My wife was way sadder at the dragon mourning Dany than the actual death of Dany.

mlyonsd 05-19-2019 09:21 PM

Poor Drogon.

ThaVirus 05-19-2019 09:22 PM

I didn't like it.

notorious 05-19-2019 09:23 PM

That was a good final episode.

The nights watch is in Winterfel, which is an independent country. Sansa can snap her finger and Jon is free to ****.

Bump 05-19-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Ya Drogon was spotted east, so he was probably taking Dany's dead body back to her roots in Valyria where he last went when he disappeared.

Bowser 05-19-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 14276012)
I liked the ending.

It was fine enough. Again, they just didn't have enough time or episodes to finish it properly, imho.

kcxiv 05-19-2019 09:25 PM

it ended how i expected it to end. All the big drama had already taken care of itself. im good with it.

Sassy Squatch 05-19-2019 09:25 PM

Some Lord or Lady of Westeros gets uppity? BLAAAAARHG WARGED DRAGON FIRE ALL OVER YOUR FACES

The Franchise 05-19-2019 09:25 PM

I think the NK winning and turning everyone would have been an even better ending. ****.

keg in kc 05-19-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 14275955)
I’m actually glad I read the spoilers because it became interesting watching how the writing would make the improbable (when out of context) happen. Not defending the writing and saying it was good, but knowing the spoilers changed my purpose in watching and made it possibly less disappointing.

That's exactly why I read them. You can rationalize yourself into being okay with something that isn't great. Know what's coming and make the best of it

I haven't watched it yet, though. The 'biggest night in tv history' to me is third place behind American Idol (disappointing end but what I expected - note: first season I've ever watched) and Money in the Bank (reportedly really good, much to my surprise).

We shall see.

The fact that it's not the thing I was most hyped to watch tonight is a shame in and of itself.

Bowser 05-19-2019 09:26 PM

But yeah, just wait until the Unsullied and Dothraki piss off to wherever they're going, and then have a parade up and down the Kingsroad with Jon and Arya as heroes of the realm.

Bowser 05-19-2019 09:28 PM

And let's be honest - this show was over when Arya killed the Night King, essentially. That moment was THE moment from this season, and the rest was just filler (even the destruction of King's Landing).

Sassy Squatch 05-19-2019 09:29 PM

So there's the Hand of the King, right? Shouldn't whoever is pushing Bran around have the title of "Legs of the King?"

Hammock Parties 05-19-2019 09:31 PM

Hail to the King, Dany.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C7w_tNcw4GU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC 05-19-2019 09:31 PM

Good series but not on Breaking Bad’s level

The Franchise 05-19-2019 09:32 PM

Ummm how did that many soldiers in Dany’s army survive the battle of Winterfell?

Sassy Squatch 05-19-2019 09:33 PM

https://i.redd.it/07yzb7x8daz21.jpg

RustShack 05-19-2019 09:38 PM

Bronn being around at the end seems kinda weird. So does Winterfell becoming independent when a Stark is named King. Grey Worm probably would have killed Jon instead of taking him prisoner too.

All in all, pretty happy ending for everyone though. Kinda surprised Jon didn’t have any votes in his favor, and that Bran still sent/let him go north even though Bran pulled the King card to name Tyrion Hand. But Jon is King beyond the wall now.

notorious 05-19-2019 09:38 PM

LMAO

notorious 05-19-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 14276037)
Bronn being around at the end seems kinda weird. So does Winterfell becoming independent when a Stark is named King. Grey Worm probably would have killed Jon instead of taking him prisoner too.

All in all, pretty happy ending for everyone though. Kinda surprised Jon didn’t have any votes in his favor, and that Bran still sent/let him go north even though Bran pulled the King card to name Tyrion Hand. But Jon is King beyond the wall now.

No way Jon lives as a prisoner under the Unsullied. They would have chopped him to pieces after what he did to Dani.

dirk digler 05-19-2019 09:40 PM

Shit ending for the worst episode of all 8 seasons. Holy crap that was bad.

Sassy Squatch 05-19-2019 09:43 PM

Poor Daenerys just wanted to break the wheel. Now her successor sits in a wheelchair. Ain't that some shit.

Pogue 05-19-2019 09:43 PM

Should’ve done a “who shot JR?” type of ending. Someone taking out Bran and then roll credits.

Hammock Parties 05-19-2019 09:44 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GameofThrones?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GameofThrones</a> Pilot, the camera cuts to Bran, not Jon, when Ned Stark says &#39;King of the Andals and the First Men&#39; <a href="https://t.co/3WxaTKKJwv">pic.twitter.com/3WxaTKKJwv</a></p>&mdash; Game of Thrones Facts (@thronesfacts) <a href="https://twitter.com/thronesfacts/status/1130315260638875650?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 20, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mlyonsd 05-19-2019 09:44 PM

Ended kind of like it started. King Bran says this small council stuff sucks just like King Robert did. I'm going to go wharg out and play video games, you guys handle shit.

notorious 05-19-2019 09:44 PM

Welp, I have Chernobyl then Better Call Saul left...

:(

kcpasco 05-19-2019 09:46 PM

Lame. Help us GRRM.

listopencil 05-19-2019 09:48 PM

The finale was enjoyable enough. Bran the Broken is actually a good choice for a figurehead emperor, but the way it unfolded was dumb, because the character has just been a can of Spam on wheels for a long time now. Kid's got less charisma than a toaster oven. I was underwhelmed by the final huge chunk of fan service to the Stark family because all of them are pretty lame. In a series filled with interesting characters, the ones that closed out the show were neutered messes.

arrowheadnation 05-19-2019 09:49 PM

Jon Snow was the ultimate good guy. He got shit on from the beginning of his life clear through to the end of the series. He could have easily taken the throne and lived out his life in paradise. Instead, like he always did, he did what was right for the sake of everyone else. There were no secret twists, just Jon taking the piss so that everyone else could press on with their lives. He deserves to be the hero that the show is remembered for. Hopefully there will be a movie in the future that grants him his rightful spot as King....I mean, he can still control Drogon, right (at least it seems like it).

Hammock Parties 05-19-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14276040)
Shit ending for the worst episode of all 8 seasons. Holy crap that was bad.

Oh shut up. After the Starks got their asses ****ed (literally in Sansa's case) for the entire ****ing show, having the four kids basically in control of all of Westeros at the end is poetic.

listopencil 05-19-2019 09:50 PM

Oh, and the dire wolf cgi was shit.

Sassy Squatch 05-19-2019 09:51 PM

I did laugh at how they immediately made it clear how horrible of a choice it was to make Bronn Master of Coin and that it was entirely a nepotistic move.

Sure-Oz 05-19-2019 09:51 PM

Cersei with no great ending...Bran leading everyone is crap, worthless character. Joffrey might've been my favorite enemy on this show. Wish Cersei went down fighting and being a pita.

Disappointing. Also think they should've had Dany offed later in the finale

kcpasco 05-19-2019 09:51 PM

Jon was a bitch. Didn’t defeat the NK and refused his birthright. I hope he dies of hypothermia.

Pogue 05-19-2019 09:51 PM

I just could not believe how weak Jon was in the end. He was a full on alpha then turned into a beta male towards the end. Hate Jon’s story arc.

Discuss Thrower 05-19-2019 09:52 PM

They really missed out on a more poetic ending like Dany being killed by a collapsing Red Keep rather than having Jon frontstab her.

NewChief 05-19-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14276049)
Lame. Help us GRRM.

**** that fat ****. I think the only people who say “save us GRRM are people who didn’t actually suffer through the interminable saga of waiting on Sir Wildcards to sit his happy ass down and finish the books that are funding his fantasy life in Santa Fe.

Discuss Thrower 05-19-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 14276063)
**** that fat ****. I think the only people who say “save us GRRM are people who didn’t actually suffer through the interminable saga of waiting on Sir Wildcards to sit his happy ass down and finish the books that are funding his fantasy life in Santa Fe.

George will remember that.

Pogue 05-19-2019 09:59 PM

Sansa: “Bran your lord of Winterfell”

Bran: I don’t want it.

Tyrion: (long speech) Bran do you want to be King?

Bran: Why do you think I came down here.

WTF is that?

kcpasco 05-19-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 14276063)

He’s an asshole but the asshole we need to finish this epic properly. I recommend you worship at his shrine.

Discuss Thrower 05-19-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogue (Post 14276067)
Sansa: “Bran your lord of Winterfell”

Bran: I don’t want it.

Tyrion: (long speech) Bran do you want to be King?

Bran: Why do you think I came down here.

WTF is that?

Well he's an omniscient being, so he knew that turning down the free chicken dinner will mean he gets offered the free NY strip a little while later.

notorious 05-19-2019 10:01 PM

"I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel..."

ROFL

Here's the rest of the joke:

Quote:

Tyrion walks into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass.
Madame: What can we do for you?
Tyrion: I need a woman to lay with, for mine has left me.
Madame: Whatever for? And what's with the honeycomb and the mule?
Tyrion: My woman found a genie in a bottle, and he granted her three wishes. The first was for a house fit for a queen, so he gave her this damn honeycomb. The second wish was that she have the nicest ass in all the land, so he gave her this damn donkey...
Madame: And what about the third wish?
Tyrion: Well... she asked the genie to make my cock hang down past my knee.
Madame: Well that one's not so bad eh?
Tyrion: Not so bad!? I used to be six foot three!

kcpasco 05-19-2019 10:02 PM

Jon being king with Bran as his hand would have still been lame but not completely reeruned.

Sassy Squatch 05-19-2019 10:02 PM

Should've named Bronn the Master of Whisperers since that position is literally ****ing useless under Bran. That would've actually been hilarious.

dirk digler 05-19-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14276053)
Oh shut up. After the Starks got their asses ****ed (literally in Sansa's case) for the entire ****ing show, having the four kids basically in control of all of Westeros at the end is poetic.

It was shit and this isn’t GoT that we all grew and came to love. This is a lot like Star Wars once Disney took over.

kcpasco 05-19-2019 10:05 PM

Book Jon can at least lay the pipe to Mance’s wife if he is banished beyond the broken wall.

Lprechaun 05-19-2019 10:06 PM

Why was Tyrion not mentioned in ASOIAF?

kcpasco 05-19-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 14276079)
Why was Tyrion not mentioned in ASOIAF?

D&D have no clue what that even means.

Pogue 05-19-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14276069)
Well he's an omniscient being, so he knew that turning down the free chicken dinner will mean he gets offered the free NY strip a little while later.

Doesn’t make sense though, what was he doing on the council if he forgoes being King of the north? Same thing with Arya.

kcpasco 05-19-2019 10:09 PM

Try not to make sense of it. Save yourself the migraine.

kcpasco 05-19-2019 10:14 PM

SNL couldn’t have done worse.

Frazod 05-19-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

The dragon could be flying her back to one of red witches to get resurrected, too. Targaryans can get over that stabbed through the heart thing. And hell, she was only stabbed once.

Can't imagine she'd be too happy after being awakened, either.

Sassy Squatch 05-19-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14276091)
The dragon could be flying her back to one of red witches to get resurrected, too. Targaryans can get over that stabbed through the heart thing. And hell, she was only stabbed once.

Can't imagine she'd be too happy after being awakened, either.

Incorrect. Jon stabbed her at least 1 time before that.

kcpasco 05-19-2019 10:18 PM

I appreciate the show ending as good comedy.

The Franchise 05-19-2019 10:20 PM

Nice of D&D to do the disabled community a solid.

Hammock Parties 05-19-2019 10:26 PM

LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bran can see anything right? So he knew the Iron Fleet was in Dragonstone and could kill Rheagal? He told Sansa Jon&#39;s heritage knowing it would turn Dany nuts. He knew Dany would go mad and wipe out King&#39;s Landing.<br><br>Bran orchestrated a terrorist attack to take power in a crisis.</p>&mdash; AlternateHistoryHub (@AltHistoryHub) <a href="https://twitter.com/AltHistoryHub/status/1130308609512857600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 20, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bump 05-19-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14276090)
SNL couldn’t have done worse.

I dunno, saying Orange Man Bad over and over wouldn't make as much sense in that storyline.

Great Expectations 05-19-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Like you said, nobody has much of an Army left. Bran still would have support from the North, but his big weapon is the ability to know the future/if someone is scheming against him.

Also, Bronn wants nothing to do with being King. He wants enough money to do whatever he wants with little to no daily responsibilities.

The Franchise 05-19-2019 10:34 PM

Ghost will always be the goodest of boys.

wazu 05-19-2019 10:36 PM

Finale was solid but I still struggle with Dany being turned into Hitler in the second to last episode.

Bowser 05-19-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14276106)
Finale was solid but I still struggle with Dany being turned into Hitler in the second to last episode.

If you didn't see her heel turn coming then you weren't paying attention.

Fish 05-19-2019 10:45 PM

Man, what a turd of an ending......

https://i.imgur.com/oMpMTzK.jpg

kcpasco 05-19-2019 10:52 PM

Who is excited for the D&D Star Wars trilogy after that fantastic ending?

Discuss Thrower 05-19-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

For the story's faults, it at least set up Westeros with the last two established Six Kingdom powerbases that were in place before the events of Robert's death have King Bran's back: The Vale (Lord Royce can puppet Robin Arryn who is a kin to Bran by being a Tully) and the Riverlands (Edmure the Effectual also being a Tully).

As for the other four? Gendry just has to convince whatever bannerman of the Stormlands to be on his side but he also has the benefit of growing up a commoner so he could plausibly rally smallfolk to his cause. Dorne's ostensibly Martell-related Prince might follow the Sansa's lead and go full independent since we dunno anything about their motives with Doran/Oberyn and Ellaria Sand being wiped the **** out. Bronn is going to be content with being a Lord Paramount in High Garden and can be reined in by Tyrion.

The Westerlands are the issue since the Lannister's powerbase, the gold mines, are tapped and Tyrion is rightfully the most hated man in the Six Kingdoms. I'd guess if the books play out just like Season 8, a conspiracy between the Maesters and the Hightowers could try to usurp him out of control.

Bowser 05-19-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14276118)
Who is excited for the D&D Star Wars trilogy after that fantastic ending?

*does not raise hand*

Pogue 05-19-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14276108)
If you didn't see her heel turn coming then you weren't paying attention.

That was kind of foreshadowed with her inner circle dying off so I don’t have a problem with that.

I do have a problem with how the Night King saga ended, that storyline was like great foreplay that led to bad sex. What was the purpose of the Night King, the white walkers etc. They just show up and the badass NK gets an Air Arya ending?

As I said, two good episodes this season but the rest were straight trash.