ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280244)

Passepartout 08-10-2014 04:25 PM

You need to see Schindler's List. It is a movie that all need to see before you leave this world. Very moving and touching story indeed! Beyond 10/10!

Word of warning:It is not for little kids is all I will say!

ragedogg69 08-11-2014 02:23 PM

Saw Mr. Peabody and Sherman with the wife. Good, not great. Some neat 3D effects for the time travel scenes. Worth a rental.

Halfcan 08-11-2014 03:01 PM

Noah- I would rather drown in a flood than watch this again.

Rausch 08-12-2014 11:54 PM

Just finished Coherence.

Wow. If you got lost during Primer this flick will rape your mind.

It's a indie sci-fi/mystery. The idea that a comet would cause what happens to happen in the movie is pretty lame but once you get beyond that it pulls you in. For about the 1st third of the movie you don't know if it's aliens, time travel, ghosts, etc...

http://coherencethemovie.com/

listopencil 08-13-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10743707)
Watched this because of your post. Really enjoyed it.

Cool, I was hoping someone would give it a chance. There are so many weird little moments in the movie that it's hard to describe.

listopencil 08-13-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 10372805)

Mayosaki's great. Last one I saw was secret world of arriety. Cool to see small household objects in his beautiful detail.

Crap, I completely forgot about this movie. I'm going to grab a copy and check it out. I really enjoyed the Borrowers series of books as a kid.

Anyong Bluth 08-13-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10814706)
Just finished Coherence.

Wow. If you got lost during Primer this flick will rape your mind.

It's a indie sci-fi/mystery. The idea that a comet would cause what happens to happen in the movie is pretty lame but once you get beyond that it pulls you in. For about the 1st third of the movie you don't know if it's aliens, time travel, ghosts, etc...

http://coherencethemovie.com/

Graciás, I believe I will be watching this after the Royals game, this evening.

Rausch 08-13-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10815646)
Graciás, I believe I will be watching this after the Royals game, this evening.

I'll be watching this at least twice more in the next two days.

For a first time viewer this is what will be the most fun: pay attention to every little detail. Watch who "enters" and who "leaves."

There's a link to an article I'll post in a day or two that completely spoils the movie but is great after your first viewing. It's like the Sixth Sense or Primer: after enjoying the film it becomes a game keeping track of all the moving pieces.

It's also amazing to know that about 80% of this movie is improv. The director would say "Ok, you're John Doe. This is his basic character. For this scene he needs to find a way to get out the kitchen door." That was done for every actor without any information sharing and then action!

lcarus 08-13-2014 04:58 PM

Damn it man. I still need to see both of the Hobbit movies. It's just hard for me to sit down for 3 hours and watch a movie with my schedule recently. I've heard so many mixed reviews about these movies. Some of my friends say they're amazing. Some say they're kinda shitty. I absolutely LOVED all the LOTR flicks though.

Fire Me Boy! 08-13-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10816144)
Damn it man. I still need to see both of the Hobbit movies. It's just hard for me to sit down for 3 hours and watch a movie with my schedule recently. I've heard so many mixed reviews about these movies. Some of my friends say they're amazing. Some say they're kinda shitty. I absolutely LOVED all the LOTR flicks though.

They are nothing like LOTR.

I'm decidedly "meh" on the Hobbit movies.

lcarus 08-13-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10816160)
They are nothing like LOTR.

I'm decidedly "meh" on the Hobbit movies.

But I should still watch them?

Fire Me Boy! 08-13-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10816168)
But I should still watch them?

Meh. Lowered expectations and you'll be fine.

Baby Lee 08-13-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10815782)
It's also amazing to know that about 80% of this movie is improv. The director would say "Ok, you're John Doe. This is his basic character. For this scene he needs to find a way to get out the kitchen door." That was done for every actor without any information sharing and then action!

Tell me there's a fat chick character whose mission is to save the pizzas!!

Rausch 08-13-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10816273)
Tell me there's a fat chick character whose mission is to save the pizzas!!

I don't get it...

Baby Lee 08-13-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10816305)
I don't get it...

From the Epic Win thread

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6LYS71qeZhk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>