ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

notorious 05-07-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15665414)
Holy shit. Almost 30 years of transcendent talent at QB and they managed to win just 2 Super Bowls.

It’s mind-numbing, and they deserve all the suffering that goes with their decisions.

Mile High Mania 05-07-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15665398)
Green Bay is that dude that’s luckily fallen into 2 gorgeous women over the years, treated them like shit and drove them away. He will expect another one to just fall into his lap, when in reality is going to discover they don’t grow on trees, and that he’s a loser that’s squandered several chances at an amazing thing.

It is rather remarkable that Favre and Rodgers only produced 2 titles in 3 total SB appearances. I mean, it's a good percentage... but you would think they would have been in more.

Chiefspants 05-07-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15665496)
It is rather remarkable that Favre and Rodgers only produced 2 titles in 3 total SB appearances. I mean, it's a good percentage... but you would think they would have been in more.

To be fair, outside the Patriots, that total # championships in that time have only been matched by quarterback titans such as Eli Manning for the Giants, and a combination of Trent Dilfer & Joe Flacco for the Ravens.

TEX 05-07-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15665496)

Maybe had GB been able to violate the salary cap, like Denver, they would have won a couple more? Hey, speaking of which, didn't Denver violate the salary cap the year they beat GB in route to their 1st Super Bowl title? :hmmm:

Oh - I know, I know, they didn't really gain any advantage from doing it. Twice... :rolleyes:

BlackOp 05-07-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15665504)

Oh - I know, I know, they didn't really gain any advantage from doing it. Twice... :rolleyes:

There was absolutely no advantage to having the top RB in the NFL...when they couldn't afford him.

All he did was rush for 157 yards and 3 TDs...a SB record.

Sham Champions...

Of course their fans pretend they didn't get fined a cool million (1998 money) and docked draft picks...their titles are perfectly legit.

The main reason I dont have the same level of disdain for the Raiders....is Al Davis was the one who called them out for cheating the cap.

Horseface should have retired without ever winning a SB...he cheated his way out of it.

Then as a GM...hired a QB that was hopped up on HGH. It's all he knows...

Mile High Mania 05-07-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15665503)
To be fair, outside the Patriots, that total # championships in that time have only been matched by quarterback titans such as Eli Manning for the Giants, and a combination of Trent Dilfer & Joe Flacco for the Ravens.

Totally a fair stance, I mean... Marino only went to one. Elway went to 5. Bradshaw went to 4. Peyton went to 4. Kelly went to 4. Aikman went to 3... Hell, Mahomes has been to 2 and that will grow. It's not a long list considering history, but when talking about those generational talents... you would think Rodgers should have gone back to one more in the last decade.

BlackOp 05-07-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15665514)
Totally a fair stance, I mean... Marino only went to one. Elway went to 5. Bradshaw went to 4. Peyton went to 4. Kelly went to 4. Aikman went to 3... Hell, Mahomes has been to 2 and that will grow. It's not a long list considering history, but when talking about those generational talents... you would think Rodgers should have gone back to one more in the last decade.

Rodgers has been to 5 NFCCGs...and played poorly in all of them. It's not like he hasn't had opportunity...he's 1-4.

careful what you wish for...

Pasta Little Brioni 05-07-2021 01:31 PM

After the last 2 NFCCG he needs to look in the mirror for Blame. **** that douche. He can rot in GB.

wazu 05-07-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15665514)

Rodgers was a victim of his own success. By always putting the team on his back, he made sure that his shitty head coach was never on the hot seat, and accountability in general was lacking due to him masking team weaknesses.

It's one of the things I most appreciate about this Chiefs team. Reid was on pace to build a Hall of Fame career before coming here, and he had done it without having a generational talent at QB. He had us winning with Alex. Add to that Veach seems to be doing a great job of aggressively addressing team weaknesses and it's such an amazing overall formula.

Mile High Mania 05-07-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15665523)
Rodgers has been to 5 NFCCGs...and played poorly in all of them. It's not like he hasn't had opportunity...he's 1-4.

careful what you wish for...

Let's be clear... I'm not wishing for anything related to the Broncos and Rodgers.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-07-2021 01:48 PM

I don't believe you, Mania...oh and we all know the tards would return here in droves if they would get him. Your posts would go up ten fold too....AFC west rundown would return I bet too

TEX 05-07-2021 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15665559)
I don't believe you, Mania...oh and we all know the tards would return here in droves if they would get him. Your posts would go up ten fold too....AFC west rundown would return I bet too

Yep. Two decades+. That's his schtick. Not fooling anyone. LMAO

Good dude for sure, but always has a PA angle. Guess we'll see...;)

ClevelandBronco 05-07-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15665511)
There was absolutely no advantage to having the top RB in the NFL...when they couldn't afford him.

All he did was rush for 157 yards and 3 TDs...a SB record.

Sham Champions...

Of course their fans pretend they didn't get fined a cool million (1998 money) and docked draft picks...their titles are perfectly legit.

The main reason I dont have the same level of disdain for the Raiders....is Al Davis was the one who called them out for cheating the cap.

Horseface should have retired without ever winning a SB...he cheated his way out of it.

Then as a GM...hired a QB that was hopped up on HGH. It's all he knows...

You gotta admire it when a plan comes together like that.

ThaVirus 05-07-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15665534)
After the last 2 NFCCG he needs to look in the mirror for Blame. **** that douche. He can rot in GB.

Come on. This latest one 100%, but last year against the 49ers? No way. Jimmy G only attempted like 8 passes that game. The Pack defense got absolutely steamrolled.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-07-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15665664)
Come on. This latest one 100%, but last year against the 49ers? No way. Jimmy G only attempted like 8 passes that game. The Pack defense got absolutely steamrolled.

And the Pack offense did...?