ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

DJ's left nut 04-07-2019 10:18 AM

And with that, the Chiefs draft is a wrap.

29. Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State
61. Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas
63. Dre'Mont Jones, DT, OSU
93. Germaine Pratt, LB, North Carolina State
168. Mark Fields, CB, Clemson
203. Anthony Ratliff-Williams, WR, UNC
216. Saquon Hampton, S, Rutgers
218. Stanley Morgan Jr, WR - Neb

All told I'm relatively pleased with this draft, though I have a couple of concerns and one significant frustration.

Bradbury has been discussed ad-nauseam and ultimately I stand by the thousands of words I've already used here. I'm fairly certain he won't be available by 29 anyway and would be shocked if he's not the pick if he is. He's absolutely perfect for this team.

Omenihu and Jones are a package deal and because of that I overdrafted Omenihu in all likelihood. I like how he fits this team and this system. The problem, as I mentioned in a couple other threads, is a lack of scheme versatility. If the Chiefs don't take him, there are maybe a half dozen teams that may like him as much as the Chiefs could. And it doesn't take much for those half-dozen teams to see someone they like just a bit more and suddenly he's an early 4th round pick instead of a late 2nd. He was a risk that I took specifically for the Chiefs knowing full well that he's a guy that can ding my score pretty easily. Jones is perfect as a rotational interior lineman but not all other teams have that kind of need/use.

Pratt is another guy who's perfect for this team and who's skills are especially high end for what we need. I figure he's a solid late 2nd round talent who probably ends up going mid 3rd given the evolution of linebacker play in the NFL of late.

Fields is solid. A very good coverage guy who's tools are perfectly suited for the slot. I'd have liked a little more size and ultimately I'm not sure he's a guy Spags really wants anyway as his effort history is a little scattershot AND he's not as long as most guys Spags seems to favor. But his coverage skills are very good and you're rarely going to find a guy you can isolate in man from the slot this late.

Now comes my significant frustration - I fumbled the end-game. Badly. I looked at my board at the back of the 6th and had 2 TEs I liked, 3 safeties I liked and about 6-7 WRs I'd have gladly taken. I've got rules, dammit. I know to let the depth of the draft do the heavy lifting for me. But I got myself too focused on a single prospect in Ratliff-Williams and took him knowing full well that the TE/S slots could come apart on me. And then it did.

I did what Veach did with Speaks. I saw some things happening I didn't like, didn't want to risk losing a player I convinced myself was probably better than he is and I screwed up that pick. I should've gone with Moreau and then Hampton. Then even if Ratliff-Williams hadn't fallen to 218, Morgan's a similarly situated prospect that I would've gladly taken there and then had my TE2 on lock.

I went against my general approach and burned myself in the process. It was too clever by half. It's unlikely to mean much; 6th rounders are still just 6th rounders - but it's exactly why you shouldn't lock in on a specific player and work too hard to talk yourself into somebody. Totally gacked that exchange.

staylor26 04-07-2019 10:22 AM

My Jets draft is over

1. Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St.
3. David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin
3. Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky
4. Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia.
6. Albert Huggins, DT, Clemson
7. Iosua Opeta, OG, Weber St.

chiefscafan 04-07-2019 11:33 AM

The Pittsburgh Steelers select UGOCHUKWU AMADI, FS/SS, Oregon

DJ's left nut 04-07-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 14197114)
The Pittsburgh Steelers select UGOCHUKWU AMADI, FS/SS, Oregon

That was the other safety I really liked. Very Mathieu-like. Would've been a fun guy to pair alongside Mathieu but I liked Saquon's ability to play CF just a little bit more.

TambaBerry 04-07-2019 11:49 AM

The New York Giants select Jazz Ferguson Northwestern State

The Franchise 04-07-2019 02:46 PM

The Cleveland Browns select Khari Willis, S, Michigan St.

Chief Northman 04-07-2019 03:27 PM

The Philadelphia Eagles select Lamont Gaillard, Center, Georgia

The Eagles can groom Gaillard to replace Jason Kelce who likely is playing his last year in the NFL. Gaillard is moving up boards as his zone technique and adept abilities to block at 2nd level is strong. Respected teammate, and coaches have nothing but good things to say about him.

DJ's left nut 04-07-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14197321)
The Philadelphia Eagles select Lamont Gaillard, Center, Georgia

The Eagles can groom Gaillard to replace Jason Kelce who likely is playing his last year in the NFL. Gaillard is moving up boards as his zone technique and adept abilities to block at 2nd level is strong. Respected teammate, and coaches have nothing but good things to say about him.

Yeah, he'll stick on a roster for sure. Probably more of a 5th rounder than a 7th rounder.

If the Chiefs slow-play C, he'd be a great fit for them in the 3rd day.

Chief Northman 04-07-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14197324)
Yeah, he'll stick on a roster for sure. Probably more of a 5th rounder than a 7th rounder.

If the Chiefs slow-play C, he'd be a great fit for them in the 3rd day.

Agreed. He checks a lot of boxes for what KC does scheme wise. Prototype build too.

Chief Northman 04-07-2019 03:41 PM

Eagles 2019 draft class:

1) 25. Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
2) 53. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida
2) 57. David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State
4) 128. Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas
4) 139. Chase Hansen, OLB, Utah
5) 164. Michael Jackson, CB, Miami
6) 199. Jakobi Meyers, WR, North Carolina State
7) 224. Lamont Gaillard, C, Georgia

Rain Man 04-07-2019 03:54 PM

With nobody else famous from Cincinnati to capture our attention, our seventh-round pick will be announced by the marketing manager of two famous consumer brands, reflecting Cincinnati's background of manufacturing and factory-made food.

We speak, of course, of Juicy Juice and Sunny D.

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/T...=488&fmt=pjpeghttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....wL._SY355_.jpg

The marketing manager steps on stage. We don't know her name, but it doesn't really matter because she IS Juicy Juice and Sunny D. She pauses, takes a long and carefully orchestrated drink of her Juicy Juice Mango drink, then smiles at the crowd, a small sheen of mango juice visible on her upper lip.

The Cincinnati Bengals select Matt Gay, K, Utah.

Interestingly, there was a line about mangoes in an episode of WKRP once. Here you go.

Johnny:
Here's how we do it. We go into the supermarket. [to Bailey] You create a ruckus in the produce section. [to Venus] You grab the poster, slip it under your jacket, we're out the door!

Bailey:
What kind of ruckus?

Johnny:
I don't know, uh, something with mangoes.

Bailey:
Mangoes?

Andy:
[entering] Hey, Venus, don't worry about the posters; they'll be out of the supermarkets by tomorrow.

Venus:
Thank goodness.

Bailey:
Oh, too bad. I was just getting a mental picture of me and those mangoes.

Johnny:
Yeah...?

Rain Man 04-07-2019 04:11 PM

Cincinnati came into the draft with the following draft priorities. Blue means that we drafted a player at that position (or equivalent), and black means that we didn't address it.

Position Priority
RT High
RG High
MLB High

QB Medium to High

TE Medium
ROLB Medium
WR Medium
DT Medium
CB Medium
K Medium

DE Low
RB Low
S Low

LG, LT, C, RB, P, LOLB - None

Here are our picks.

1-11 - Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma - The thinking is that he might move to guard, but he'll lock down either the RG or RT position.
2-42 - Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama - Likely to be our new MLB
3 – 73 - Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan - I needed an ROLB and not necessarily a DE, but figured Chase will be in the mix for the pass rush slot and an eventual starter.
4 -111 - Bobby Evans, OT, Oklahoma - If Cody Ford becomes a guard, we're hopeful that Evans will be our RT.
5 – 150 - Kris Boyd, CB, Texas - Good CB depth with starter potential.
6 – 184 - Antoine Wesley, WR, Texas Tech - Possibly a good third down receiver to start.
6 – 200 - Preston Williams, WR, Colorado State - Competition with Wesley for the third receiver spot.
6 -212 - Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State - Tight end depth, and could be a starter some day.
6 – 213 - Easton Stick, QB, North Dakota State - Good backup QB in the film room, and we're confident in him if we need him.
6 – 215 - Bobby Okereke, LB, Stanford - Luxury pick here. Will compete with Mack Wilson for the MLB spot.
7 – 225 - Matt Gay, K, Utah - We needed a kicker and got the strongest leg in the draft, with accuracy.

Rain Man 04-07-2019 04:14 PM

I'm on the line with Motown, telling them that they're up.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/a5...6c4f8d7e05.jpg

Sfeihc 04-07-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14196919)
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Ryquell Armstead, RB, Temple.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have completed their work in the 2019 CP Mock Draft. Here are the results;

1) Dwayne Haskins, QB, OSU
2) Parris Campbell, WR, OSU
3) L.J. Collier, DE, TCU
4) Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
5) Maxx Crosby, DE, EMU
6) Sheldrick Redwine, S, Miami
7) Tyquell Armstead, RB, Temple

Tampa is a hot mess. Strapped for cap space and saddled with a here-to-now failed first round pick at QB in Jameis Winston. Maybe Arians can turn him around but since Winston is in the last year of his deal the Bucs are in a unique situation.
The fifth overall pick came down to Haskins or Ed Oliver. Given Winston's troubles on and off the field I had no problem going with Haskins. Might Drew Lock be a better fit?
Time will tell.
To help build around Haskins & replace Desean Jackson a WR was needed. Parris Campbell was the perfect fit.
Tampa's DEs are a troublesome lot. Help is on the way with the addition of Collier and the King of the Combine, Maxx Crosby.(full disclosure is that Crosby was a homer pick)
Howard could develop into a vital protector of Haskins. He should find himself in the mix to start early given the level of talent on the Bucs OL.
Red Redwine gives Tampa some help on the back end.
I'll just let that breathe.
Finally, some RB depth was needed and the Bucs were happy to find Tyquell Armstead still on the board at the beginning of the 7th round.
Tampa has more holes than their draft picks can address. I really think the draft begins with Tampa unless something goes wrong with the top four guys.
It will be very interesting to see which way Tampa goes on draft night.

Thanks for having me. It was one of the best CP Mocks ever!

chiefscafan 04-07-2019 09:09 PM

The Detroit Lions select Tommy Sweeney, TE, Boston College