ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352331)

Titty Meat 03-27-2024 01:15 PM

Changing things as the votes roll in.

Demonpenz 03-27-2024 01:19 PM

I want a downtown stadium but not like this cluster****

Pablo 03-27-2024 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17459702)
Changing things as the votes roll in.

Vote yes or you’re scared of downtown and brown people and trying to park your superduty

srvy 03-27-2024 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17459697)
Good news, they're keeping it open. ;)

Sherman pinching pennies trusting an architectural company to design the new ballpark. without apparently a qualified civil engineering firm with a planning division to help them through this shit. Amature hour! Architects make pretty pictures Engineers plan communities and make Architect's dreams work!

srvy 03-27-2024 01:25 PM

Funny old high pockets gonna have to pay for a redesign. This should be fun.

Katipan 03-27-2024 01:27 PM

Maybe take a deep breath.

srvy 03-27-2024 01:29 PM

I think the new ballpark should befit what the Royals have become. Design it to look like a toilet bowl.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-27-2024 01:30 PM

As volatile as the construction/material market has been the past few years, with no end in sight, they (Royals and Chiefs) are going to make the "bond" language as generic as possible so that they aren't obligated to any "feature piece" that could cause the project to end up in the red because of inflation come the time of construction.

This is no different than any project that has required a vote the past few years, except for the fact it's a high-profile project!

I am part of projects that require a vote that don't even disclose a specific location within the question, but identify a need [ie. schools, hospitals, etc]. and these pass all of the time.

If this one passes, expect maybe 33% of what is shown in the renderings to actually be built. They are only obligated to provide what is stated in the question that is to-be voted on.

Edit: I am NOT working on either of the projects nor have anything to do with them. And Tyler Bray.

nychief 03-27-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17459694)
How bout you worry about your own wreck of a City?

Um. Eat my ass. My family has been in KC since it's founding for Christ's sake.
The question still stands, how much money and civic recognition do these business bring to the city and region? I'd like some numbers, but assume it is substantial.

Anyway, I love all the associate degree libertarians that come out of the woodwork for a ****ing extension of a 15 year old 5/8th a cent tax.

Discuss Thrower 03-27-2024 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 17459737)
The question still stands, how much money and civic recognition do these business bring to the city and region? I'd like some numbers, but assume it is substantial.

Your assumption is wrong.

ToxSocks 03-27-2024 01:51 PM

The KC situation reminds me a bit of the SD situation.

Whack ass Padres that have never won shit ever got a bitchin' new stadium in the heart of downtown San Diego, Chargers got the middle finger.

MVChiefFan 03-27-2024 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17459748)

Whack ass Padres that have never won shit ever got a bitchin' new stadium in the heart of downtown San Diego, Chargers got the middle finger.

I’ve given the Chargers the middle finger several times.

Katipan 03-27-2024 02:08 PM

Padres stayed loyal to San Diego.
I shouldn't have to explain this to you Cali boy.

ThrobProng 03-27-2024 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 17459767)
Padres stayed loyal to San Diego.
I shouldn't have to explain this to you Cali boy.

That loyalty plus five bucks will get you a decent cup of coffee.

Katipan 03-27-2024 02:34 PM

You don't have the IQ or CP longevity to address me.

ThrobProng 03-27-2024 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 17459787)
You don't have the IQ or CP longevity to address me.

Of course I do. Lol

RealSNR 03-27-2024 03:04 PM

Did we build this piece of shit yet?

srvy 03-27-2024 03:07 PM

Quote:

Anyway, I love all the associate degree libertarians that come out of the woodwork for a ****ing extension of a 15 year old 5/8th a cent tax.

Well have your family come in and post the question. We don't have time for quitters.

As for the ass eating well keep those proclivities to yourself. I have high confidence your desires can be filled by a step outside in the NYC streets.

GloryDayz 03-27-2024 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17459634)
It's build stuff for the rich fans, renovation.

LOL...

dlphg9 03-27-2024 03:32 PM

I'd because yes vote, but the lack of transparency from Sherman is extremely annoying. The guy has had this planned from the moment he bought the team almost 5 years ago, but he still is being vague as hell about everything and it seems like he has no idea where he wants to actually put the thing.

GloryDayz 03-27-2024 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17459635)
You missed it. Big time stuff. New parking deck with a party field and more suites and clubs for VIPs

**** it, if there's no dome they're fighting the future.

dlphg9 03-27-2024 03:35 PM

Quote:

Lmao, yeah I love it. Bitching about something that will cost most people between $100-$200 a year. It's an incredibly insignificant amount of money and it's not a new tax. It's not just Jackson county residents paying for it either. It's anyone that shops there.

vonBobo 03-27-2024 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17459835)
Lmao, yeah I love it. Bitching about something that will cost most people between $100-$200 a year. It's an incredibly insignificant amount of money and it's not a new tax. It's not just Jackson county residents paying for it either. It's anyone that shops there.

That's loyalist.

comochiefsfan 03-27-2024 06:48 PM

I always find it funny when the hipsters and artsy folk try and act like sports teams are some money pit that take from the city and give nothing back.

Do people realize how much impact the Chiefs run has had on the perception and national image of Kansas City? It’s absolutely MASSIVE and that is hard to put a value on. Not to mention things that are almost impossible to quantify in dollars and cents such as civic pride and community morale.

Jeopardizing the future existence of these sports teams because “the crossroads is a thriving district with cool sushi restaurants and trendy bars and we have to save those” is absolutely idiotic.

Just because you aren’t personally a sports fan and don’t have a use for the teams do not mean they aren’t hugely important to the community as a whole.

Titty Meat 03-27-2024 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17460033)
I always find it funny when the hipsters and artsy folk try and act like sports teams are some money pit that take from the city and give nothing back.

Do people realize how much impact the Chiefs run has had on the perception and national image of Kansas City? It’s absolutely MASSIVE and that is hard to put a value on. Not to mention things that are almost impossible to quantify in dollars and cents such as civic pride and community morale.

Jeopardizing the future existence of these sports teams because “the crossroads is a thriving district with cool sushi restaurants and trendy bars and we have to save those” is absolutely idiotic.

Just because you aren’t personally a sports fan and don’t have a use for the teams do not mean they aren’t hugely important to the community as a whole.

They aren't jeopardizing anything and there's numerous economic reports that say your post is wrong

comochiefsfan 03-27-2024 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17460036)
They aren't jeopardizing anything and there's numerous economic reports that say your post is wrong

Yeah sorry I don’t subscribe to those reports.

I know what economists say but there are intangible things that sports brings to a community that are extremely valuable that can’t be measured in dollars and cents.

If you want to look at it through that lense then that is certainly a legitimate perspective if you’re only interested in the financial aspect of it.

Also the Chiefs aren’t going anywhere but I don’t know why anyone thinks the Royals aren’t gone without a new ballpark because they are.

Discuss Thrower 03-27-2024 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17460033)

There's no fiscal benefit to these publicly funded stadiums.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-27-2024 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 17401737)
Can't think of one corporate chain surrounding Petco Park.......matter of fact, the one I can recall (tilted kilt) went out of business.

plenty of small businesses around too.

Been to Gaslamp a lot... only one I can think of is Fogo de Chao...

tredadda 03-27-2024 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17459748)

Neither did the Chargers. But from my understanding the Spanos family did their best to destroy any and all goodwill with the city, hence the middle finger. You live there, so you probably know better but that's what I always heard.

Discuss Thrower 03-27-2024 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17460048)
Also the Chiefs aren’t going anywhere but I don’t know why anyone thinks the Royals aren’t gone without a new ballpark because they are.

Battered wife fan syndrome.

comochiefsfan 03-27-2024 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 17460064)
Battered wife fan syndrome.

The Royals are gone without a new stadium. This is just reality.

Whether you think they should pay for it is one thing, but they aren't staying at the K and if they don't get a new one here then they will get one somewhere else.

Fish 03-27-2024 07:49 PM

We'll see....

How will Royals manage parking for 38,000 fans in KC Crossroads? Architects detail plan

[...]

HOW WOULD PARKING WORK AT A NEW ROYALS STADIUM?
While parking spaces are privately owned in the area of the proposed stadium, the developers say they are working on a plan that would include using some of these spaces as prepaid parking zones, similar to how parking is at Kauffman Stadium.

Jeff McKerrow, a senior transportation engineer with Kimley-Horn, said an app similar to Park KC app could be developed so that fans could pre-purchase parking spots in a zone ahead of Royals games.

The Royals would be looking to negotiate rates with private lot owners, said Sarah Dempster, Populous senior architect. She said that they would also be working with the city to establish how many spots they are willing to sell for event days.

“Certain lot owners may prefer to say ‘No we are going to keep all of our spots, this is my private lot,’ and that is certainly one approach they could take,” Dempster said. “But I know the Royals are interested in having those conversations so their patrons are taken care of and we are able to guarantee a certain number of spots.”

They are also looking into creating an integrated operations center to monitor downtown traffic during game days, McKerrow said. The center would address traffic and parking needs when there are multiple events happening downtown and in the Crossroads, like a concert at the T-Mobile Center or the First Fridays every month.

An integrated operations center is used at other developments Kimley-Horn helped plan, like U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, where the Minnesota Vikings play.

“We’ve worked in other communities where we’ve developed a playbook,” McKerrow said. “If we have these different activities going on, we’re going to shift our traffic or parking management to adjust for those and plan for those moving forward.”

The plan would include the prepaid parking zones and protecting street parking and small parking lots for local businesses.

HOW MANY PARKING SPOTS WILL FANS NEED ON GAMEDAYS?
McKerrow said the Royals will build 1,500 parking spots with the stadium for fans. He expects a typical ballgame to generate an additional 7,500 cars, which would park in one of the 40,000 parking spots within a 20-minute walk of the proposed ballpark location.

They plan for about 70% of fans to drive, 10% to take the streetcar or bus, 10% to use rideshare, and the other 10% to walk, bike or scooter to the stadium.

Depending on the day of the game, a slideshow shared at the conference showed how many spots would be needed for the planned 38,000-capacity stadium.

A weekday game would require at least 8,900 spaces, while a weekend game would require 8,300 spaces. Based on the developer’s study, they anticipate three fans per car attending weekday games, and 3.2 fans per car coming to a weekend game.

So, on a given night, the Royals could use anywhere between 6,800 and 7,400 parking spaces that are already built in the area, according to the presentation.

[...]

comochiefsfan 03-27-2024 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 17460056)
There's no fiscal benefit to these publicly funded stadiums.

Ok.

I didn't argue that. There's benefits to having the teams though and the teams won't be here without the stadiums.

I won't fight anyone who claims that the owners should pay for their own stadiums. Unfortunately in the world we live in, either Jackson County pays for it or some other county in some other city will pay for it.

If you don't want to pay the tax then more power to you and that's your right as a citizen to vote that way. You just also have to consider when you're voting that way how much the Kansas City Royals being the Kansas City Royals and not, say, the Nashville Royals means to you.

RealSNR 03-27-2024 07:58 PM

The Bills could win the next four Super Bowls and Buffalo would still be an economically depressed town with almost zero hope of ever being revived back into a thriving metropolitan area.

Kansas City will either thrive or decline irrespective of a downtown sports team and whether or not it's a successful franchise.

Titty Meat 03-27-2024 08:14 PM

Quote:

I know what economists say but there are intangible things that sports brings to a community that are extremely valuable that can’t be measured in dollars and cents.

If you want to look at it through that lense then that is certainly a legitimate perspective if you’re only interested in the financial aspect of it.

All this round will do is bring the Royals back to the table with a more detailed plan next year

BWillie 03-27-2024 08:15 PM

Quote:

I know this may sound like a dumb reason to move somewhere but the Chiefs, Royals and Jayhawks swung my decision to move to Kansas City. I was going to just move to a bigger city after I graduated college and start looking for a job. It came down to Chicago vs Kansas City and the sports culture here made the difference.

BWillie 03-27-2024 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17460074)
The Royals are gone without a new stadium. This is just reality.

Whether you think they should pay for it is one thing, but they aren't staying at the K and if they don't get a new one here then they will get one somewhere else.

It's nice to have a 2nd local pro sports franchise to root for.

On the other hand it makes me have to watch baseball, which is a pretty awful sport.

Rainbarrel 03-27-2024 08:21 PM

The old people who vote are probably Cardinals fans. The future would probably be a soccer stadium. Sadly, do not care

comochiefsfan 03-27-2024 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17460106)
It's nice to have a 2nd local pro sports franchise to root for.

On the other hand it makes me have to watch baseball, which is a pretty awful sport.

Baseball just needs to get their media rights together so fans can actually watch their product.

They are miles behind the times when it comes to making their product accessible and an optimal viewing experience for the fan.

I've long maintained that baseball would be an ideal sport to launch a Redzone style channel.

15 games a night 3 times a week. Jump around between situations where runners are in scoring position, when big names like Ohtani or Stanton come up to bat, when a pitcher is on the verge of striking out the side.

Right now, you couldn't pay me to watch a non Cardinals game start to finish, but something like that I would definitely check out and would likely drastically increase my interest in the league as a hole.

Why isn't MLB thinking forward and implementing shit like that? Frustrates me to no end to see the sport dying and the owners seemingly being content to just let it happen.

Edit: Apparently something like this already sort of exists on MLBTV. That's cool. Why haven't I heard of it though? Why do I have to open an app to watch it, instead of it being on YouTube TV next to MLB Network? I just don't get the way they're promoting the game at the moment.

BWillie 03-27-2024 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17460114)
Baseball just needs to get their media rights together so fans can actually watch their product.

They are miles behind the times when it comes to making their product accessible and an optimal viewing experience for the fan.

I've long maintained that baseball would be an ideal sport to launch a Redzone style channel.

15 games a night 3 times a week. Jump around between situations where runners are in scoring position, when big names like Ohtani or Stanton come up to bat, when a pitcher is on the verge of striking out the side.

Right now, you couldn't pay me to watch a non Cardinals game start to finish, but something like that I would definitely check out and would likely drastically increase my interest in the league as a hole.

Why isn't MLB thinking forward and implementing shit like that? Frustrates me to no end to see the sport dying and the owners seemingly being content to just let it happen.

Part of the reason it struggles is stars don't matter as much as other sports. The Angels had Trout and Ohtani for years and never mattered.

Pepe Silvia 03-27-2024 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17460122)
Part of the reason it struggles is stars don't matter as much as other sports. The Angels had Trout and Ohtani for years and never mattered.

I agree. The Blue Jays are pretty loaded too and it hasn't helped them reach a WS.

DJJasonp 03-27-2024 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17460122)

It’s Anaheim. Dodgers rule OC and LA.

DJJasonp 03-27-2024 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17460061)
Neither did the Chargers. But from my understanding the Spanos family did their best to destroy any and all goodwill with the city, hence the middle finger. You live there, so you probably know better but that's what I always heard.

Yes. There were options on the table and Spanos took the bag that LA offered.

Fish 03-27-2024 08:41 PM

<iframe width="624" height="351" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sC43OfBQNPY" title="Sherman&#39;s &#39;Royal&#39; Request" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

duncan_idaho 03-27-2024 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17460137)
<iframe width="624" height="351" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sC43OfBQNPY" title="Sherman&#39;s &#39;Royal&#39; Request" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a well-done video. Detailed, professionally presented.

Didn't change my vote, though.

ChiefsCountry 03-27-2024 09:58 PM

Government will piss tax money away on something worst. Hell we are all posting on this board because of government paying for a stadium.

vonBobo 03-27-2024 11:00 PM

The Hunt family is worth 25 billion, he should be ashamed.

ChiefsCountry 03-27-2024 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonBobo (Post 17460211)

You should be ashamed for not knowing that is the entire HL Hunt family tree worth.

Strongside 03-28-2024 12:38 PM

I overlaid, to scale, every downtown stadium in baseball on that proposed footprint to keep Oak St. open and none of them fit.

None of them.

Not even Oriole Park, which is basically built to avoid Camden Yards the same way this stadium would be built to avoid Oak St.

What that tells me is that the Royals are willing to say whatever it takes to get this vote to pass, and they'll let the architecture firm figure it out later.

What it also says is that the renderings you think you're voting on are not anywhere close to what will actually be built.

tredadda 03-28-2024 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 17460136)
Yes. There were options on the table and Spanos took the bag that LA offered.

Thanks for sharing that. I was not aware there were offers that he turned down.

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonBobo (Post 17460211)

Lamar Jr raped a mentally disabled family member & several of them cornered the silver market. The family has a history of being not good people

GloryDayz 03-28-2024 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17460674)
I overlaid, to scale, every downtown stadium in baseball on that proposed footprint to keep Oak St. open and none of them fit.

None of them.

Not even Oriole Park, which is basically built to avoid Camden Yards the same way this stadium would be built to avoid Oak St.

What that tells me is that the Royals are willing to say whatever it takes to get this vote to pass, and they'll let the architecture firm figure it out later.

What it also says is that the renderings you think you're voting on are not anywhere close to what will actually be built.

Yep.

GloryDayz 03-28-2024 02:30 PM

How about, effective as soon as voted yes, no more KC area blackouts and half price tickets for JACO residents? Since the Royals are so confident...

Katipan 03-28-2024 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17460674)

None of them.

Weirdest ****ing lie ever.

Strongside 03-28-2024 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 17460907)
Weirdest ****ing lie ever.

The part about me overlaying the stadium, or them saying they'll keep Oak open?

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 03:13 PM

I assume the stadium being placed in the crossroads isn't far from P&L. The city pays about 15 mil a year from it's general fund to pay down the debt. I would assume a new stadium near P&L would generate millions a year don't know why they aren't telling people this

Katipan 03-28-2024 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17460918)
The part about me overlaying the stadium, or them saying they'll keep Oak open?

The tweet was at 12:20 and you posted 10 minutes later.

It's weird because it's unnecessary for you.
You ok?

GloryDayz 03-28-2024 04:30 PM

LOL, this game makes me want to keep paying a tax to keep these clowns... LMAO

Pablo 03-28-2024 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 17461007)
LOL, this game makes me want to keep paying a tax to keep these clowns... LMAO

Dude, they were probably cactus league champs again. It's hard to come off of that high and bring the same intensity to the home opener.

ping2000 03-28-2024 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17461017)
Dude, they were probably cactus league champs again. It's hard to come off of that high and bring the same intensity to the home opener.

Seriously? God bless your optimistic attitude sir!!

GloryDayz 03-28-2024 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17461017)

Yes, Salvy still swinging at those balls in the dirt in front of the plate makes his plea for us to vote yes, well, it all makes me realize that they are super serious about winning. And our bull pen, wow, those guys now send the fear of God into the opposing team. I know, I know, it's only one game and we're only one game behind first place...

But the commercial with Chiefs and Royals players saying they "need" us to vote yes seven year out just makes me laugh.

Discuss Thrower 03-28-2024 05:54 PM

Isn't Mahomes and Kelce speaking in those ads a salary cap violation?

TribalElder 03-28-2024 06:45 PM

Imagine if they focused on winning games instead of moving

GloryDayz 03-28-2024 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 17461160)
Imagine if they focused on winning games instead of moving

We're a small market... LMAO

vonBobo 03-28-2024 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17460930)
I assume the stadium being placed in the crossroads isn't far from P&L. The city pays about 15 mil a year from it's general fund to pay down the debt. I would assume a new stadium near P&L would generate millions a year don't know why they aren't telling people this

It doesn't generate new money for the city, however it will draw people away from Westport, plaza, river market, or the neighborhood dive.

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17460693)
Lamar Jr raped a mentally disabled family member & several of them cornered the silver market. The family has a history of being not good people

Hey cock thriver I see your little sassy ass on my reps again. Everything I stated is documented proof. If you want to defend it because your low T ass sits on his ass and cosplays as a GM be my guest

Strongside 03-28-2024 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 17460934)
The tweet was at 12:20 and you posted 10 minutes later.

It's weird because it's unnecessary for you.
You ok?

What the **** are you talking about?

Pablo 03-28-2024 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17461275)
Hey cock thriver I see your little sassy ass on my reps again. Everything I stated is documented proof. If you want to defend it because your low T ass sits on his ass and cosplays as a GM be my guest

Who the **** is cock thriver? lol what a nickname

GabyKeepsMeWarm 03-28-2024 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17461339)

For that matter WHAT is a cock thriver? So many questions...

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 09:35 PM

Quote:

Thrivers zesty little boy is always in my reps doesn't even bother messaging me or quoting my posts like all the other dudes who have a crush on me

Katipan 03-28-2024 09:35 PM

Clearly someone in the draft forum.

Katipan 03-28-2024 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17461348)
Thrivers zesty little boy is always in my reps doesn't even bother messaging me or quoting my posts like all the other dudes who have a crush on me

That's a penis gallery.
Nothing to say but quick to cum when they see movement.

Titty Meat 03-30-2024 01:47 PM

Royals and the county are 138 million apart on the bonds for the stadium LMAO

WhawhaWhat 03-30-2024 02:16 PM

Quote:

Prison Bitch.