ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

htismaqe 04-30-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15654089)
The best part is the Packers keeps drafting defense and their defense still ****ing sucks.

Dude, in the last 10 years, they've drafted NINE DB's in the first and second rounds and drafted another one last night.

Buehler445 05-01-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 15653896)
Rodgers to the Bronco's?
imagine Rodgers/Mahome's twice a year :thumb:

No.

**** Donk Forever.

I'd be happy if those cheating ****ing Donko Bitch****s never won another game ever. Since that's not in the cards, I'll take perpetual mediocrity and shit QB play. They deserve it.

Rodgers going to that ****hole of an organization is like appeasement for Hitler, they may not win the war, but good fortune will lead to atrocities.

**** Donk Forever.

Buehler445 05-01-2021 10:50 AM

And I feel like a broken record here, but give me the AFCE the Brother****ing Cheatriots have had for 2 decades.

I want a division that is basically preseason for the playoffs. The NFL is a war, and the more legitimate battles, the more attrition and the weaker the overall army. The 1914 that obliterated Belgium probably wasn't capable of that kind of campaign in 1918.

Give me fresh and ready to fight come playoff time over war-weary, injured and resource depleted every day of the week.

It bears repeating. **** Donk Forever.

Buehler445 05-01-2021 10:51 AM

Say it with me now, **** DONK FOREVER

GoForIt 05-01-2021 02:20 PM

Over on the Pack fan forum, they are saying a deal to Denver is almost done.

Rainbarrel 05-01-2021 02:42 PM

From Packers to Elway is from dicks to horse dicked. 49er Mac Jones action seems more likely.

Mile High Mania 05-01-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 15657608)
From Packers to Elway is from dicks to horse dicked. 49er Mac Jones action seems more likely.

wut?

Mennonite 05-01-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15657613)
wut?

Horse. Dicked. Don't you speak English, man?

/i have no ****ing clue what dude is talking about but it made me laugh like a 'tard for some reason.

TEX 05-01-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

:huh:

Mennonite 05-01-2021 03:38 PM

https://i.imgur.com/jWzOx68.png

tredadda 05-01-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoForIt (Post 15657563)

Any second now.

Kman34 05-01-2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Wat??? :hmmm:

Coochie liquor 05-01-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Knowmo, got his itchy posting finger ready....

Also, that might be the biggest dumb ****ing move in NFL history. Trading your MVP quarterback right after the draft where you’ll get no compensation before the season starts.

Halfcan 05-01-2021 05:19 PM

Rodgers is such a whiney bitch. The coaches padded his stats with 1 yard TD throws so he could win MVP over a more deserving Mahomes- now he wants to be a ****ing Donk.

**** this asshole.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-01-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Lying sack of shit.

tatorhog 05-01-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15657944)
Rodgers is such a whiney bitch. The coaches padded his stats with 1 yard TD throws so he could win MVP over a more deserving Mahomes- now he wants to be a ****ing Donk.

**** this asshole.

Karen Rodgers

DRM08 05-01-2021 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15657944)

**** this asshole.

Saw one Packers fan who made some pretty good points. Aaron gives zero credit to the people around him. Last year he had a great OL and his coach schemed up a lot of easy throws for him.

smithandrew051 05-01-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Great post

RunKC 05-03-2021 12:34 PM

Go ahead and think that Aaron LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Somebody please <a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Broncos</a> <br><br>cc: George Paton on this video clip. <a href="https://t.co/vM18R7CE9Q">pic.twitter.com/vM18R7CE9Q</a></p>&mdash; Sayre Bedinger (@SayreBedinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/SayreBedinger/status/1389286595640111105?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mile High Mania 05-03-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15660027)
Go ahead and think that Aaron LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Somebody please <a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Broncos</a> <br><br>cc: George Paton on this video clip. <a href="https://t.co/vM18R7CE9Q">pic.twitter.com/vM18R7CE9Q</a></p>&mdash; Sayre Bedinger (@SayreBedinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/SayreBedinger/status/1389286595640111105?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Again, I can't even begin to fathom the cost for making this happen.

staylor26 05-03-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15660042)
Again, I can't even begin to fathom the cost for making this happen.

Which is why it’s extremely unlikely.

This is the media pushing a narrative because they want it to happen, just like they did with Watson and Wilson.

Hoover 05-03-2021 12:44 PM

The only thing Rogers is forcing is for GB to fire its GM.

RealSNR 05-03-2021 12:44 PM

Rodgers may be a diva, but Green Bay also handled him the complete wrong ****ing way. And that's the greater problem with their situation right now, not Aaron.

That's a franchise that needs to experience perpetual losing with a mediocre QB. Sounds like Jordan Love kinda sucks balls. If he were a bust, it'd be the start of a great character building journey for those people. Then maybe in the future when they do somehow manage to get a top QB again, they'll remember the lessons they learned and take greater advantage of the time that he's on their team and kicking ass for them.

Mile High Mania 05-03-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15660047)

This is the media pushing a narrative because they want it to happen, just like they did with Watson and Wilson.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-ba...-rodgers-3745/

That's a fun number to figure out as well, for both the Packers and whomever tries landing him.

Chiefspants 05-03-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15660049)
Rodgers may be a diva, but Green Bay also handled him the complete wrong ****ing way. And that's the greater problem with their situation right now, not Aaron.

That's a franchise that needs to experience perpetual losing with a mediocre QB. Sounds like Jordan Love kinda sucks balls. If he were a bust, it'd be the start of a great character building journey for those people. Then maybe in the future when they do somehow manage to get a top QB again, they'll remember the lessons they learned and take greater advantage of the time that he's on their team and kicking ass for them.

And they are incredibly fortunate they ran into the Bears 3rd string QB in the NFCCG and still barely overcame that D.

Without that good fortune, Aaron Rodgers and GB are likely in the Rivers/Chargers category. Just staggering incompetence to mismanage such an embarrassment of riches like Green Bay has.

Mile High Mania 05-03-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15660049)

That's a franchise that needs to experience perpetual losing with a mediocre QB

You have to go back to 1992. Three decades worth of fans that have never known what it's like to have generic flavor at QB.

Sassy Squatch 05-03-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15660047)

AJ Hawk said the chances he retires are basically 0% and the reports he wants Gutekunst fired are garbage.

staylor26 05-03-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15660066)
AJ Hawk said the chances he retires are basically 0% and the reports he wants Gutekunst fired are garbage.

And unless he’s truly willing to go down that road, the Packers simply aren’t going to trade him.

They are built to win now and just lost their 2nd consecutive NFCCG. He’s not going anywhere.

RunKC 05-03-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15660072)
And unless he’s truly willing to go down that road, the Packers simply aren’t going to trade him.

They are built to win now and just lost their 2nd consecutive NFCCG. He’s not going anywhere.

Which is weird bc we haven’t heard Jack shit about Jordan Love. Is he good? Does he suck?

You’d think they’d happily trade Rodgers to Denver, ask for multiple 1st Rd picks, Jerry Jeudy and ride into their new era with a cheap QB and multiple 1st rd picks to build the team.

They drafted that kid in the first round and he’s had a year to learn. It sounds like they don’t believe in him.

O.city 05-03-2021 01:12 PM

The problem with trading him is, yeah, you'll get a shit load of first round picks. But those will immediately become end of the first rounders because duh, said team will have Rodgers.

I don't see a way he's traded.

Sassy Squatch 05-03-2021 01:16 PM

Should've taken the 49ers offer. Now any trade pales unless it's 3 firsts + players

arrowheadnation 05-03-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15660118)
The problem with trading him is, yeah, you'll get a shit load of first round picks. But those will immediately become end of the first rounders because duh, said team will have Rodgers.

yeah, it needed to be before the draft to guarantee a top 5 pick. No way they trade him now. Plus he already sort of started to do damage control at the Kentucky Derby last weekend (*sort of).

Hoover 05-03-2021 01:26 PM

With his contract the Packers can move him after this year.

But man, does that create a giant shit show of a season.

RunKC 05-03-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15660118)

That’s why I’d ask for Jeudy as part of the deal. Cheap cost effective first rd receiver for 4 more years to help your new young QB.

RunKC 05-03-2021 01:29 PM

And really Denver is going to be in some money trouble soon anyway if they get Rodgers.

Chubb needs paid, Sutton needs paid. You just paid Simmons and Glasgow a lot of money.

They don’t have money for gaurantees like we do

Rainbarrel 05-03-2021 01:29 PM

If Herbert is real. Why would he want in this division in his waning years? Manning went to Denver with rumors of buying into the franchise. He's still hanging around.

Mile High Mania 05-03-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15660184)
And really Denver is going to be in some money trouble soon anyway if they get Rodgers.

Chubb needs paid, Sutton needs paid. You just paid Simmons and Glasgow a lot of money.

They don’t have money for gaurantees like we do

C'mon... the cap is easy to circumvent.

KCTitus 05-03-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15660189)
C'mon... the cap is easy to circumvent.

I see what you did there.. :Poke:

Mile High Mania 05-03-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 15660238)
I see what you did there.. :Poke:

Well and to be honest, the idea of Rodgers playing in Denver has a 0% chance of happening in my opinion. Money aside, I just don't think the price is something they would or should pay. I read rumors of R1 picks and players. I'm just not a fan of that quite honestly, they need to plan for the next 15 years at that position, not just the next 3.

Rodgers may very well be exactly what they need now and maybe it could work out... whatever happens, happens. I'm just not giving it much of a chance to happen.

The Franchise 05-03-2021 02:23 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From NFL Now: Summing up the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Packers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Packers</a> situation with QB Aaron Rodgers, who also wanted more input in personnel decisions... and how the Jake Kumerow release (!!) played into it. <a href="https://t.co/EOGG9aQg3R">pic.twitter.com/EOGG9aQg3R</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1389269097075052545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rodgers praised a WR and the Packers cut him 24 hours later.

Mennonite 05-03-2021 02:31 PM

Just seeing a pic of that big eared freak from the NFL Network makes me want to puke. For christ's sake get that shit fixed, mutie.

KChiefs1 05-03-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15660132)
Should've taken the 49ers offer. Now any trade pales unless it's 3 firsts + players

I can't see the Packers taking less than that...

comochiefsfan 05-03-2021 02:38 PM

It's so cute seeing Donks fans get their hopes up over this.

It doesn't matter what they try and do. Mahomes and the Chiefs OWN Denver and will for the next decade +.

jettio 05-03-2021 02:50 PM

Rodgers should have made a play to get a TD or gain some yards when the Packers had 1st and goal against the Bucs and were down 31-23.

On 3rd down he broke free from the pocket and could have ran for a TD or at least to inside the 2 yard line, and instead of running he throws some weak-ass pass like he was afraid of getting tackled if he ran the ball. That whole play by Rodgers was about lack of physical courage in a situation where the reward was worth the risk.

For a guy who thought he was a lock for the Super Bowl because his team had a 1st round bye and homefield advantage, Rodgers is getting a pass from all the talking heads on TV.

Rodgers should have a little more humility considering that he was the main one who did not come through when the Packers lost the NFC championship.

The talking heads on TV are all kissing Rodgers's ass about this news story, I bet the talk radio in Wisconsin has a few fans pointing out how Rodgers was the one who did not come through in the NFC championship last year.

Mile High Mania 05-03-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15660373)
It's so cute seeing Donks fans get their hopes up over this.

It doesn't matter what they try and do. Mahomes and the Chiefs OWN Denver and will for the next decade +.

I'm sure that many are.. I'm not one of them.

Wisconsin_Chief 05-03-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15660400)
Rodgers should have made a play to get a TD or gain some yards when the Packers had 1st and goal against the Bucs and were down 31-23.

On 3rd down he broke free from the pocket and could have ran for a TD or at least to inside the 2 yard line, and instead of running he throws some weak-ass pass like he was afraid of getting tackled if he ran the ball. That whole play by Rodgers was about lack of physical courage in a situation where the reward was worth the risk.

For a guy who thought he was a lock for the Super Bowl because his team had a 1st round bye and homefield advantage, Rodgers is getting a pass from all the talking heads on TV.

Rodgers should have a little more humility considering that he was the main one who did not come through when the Packers lost the NFC championship.

The talking heads on TV are all kissing Rodgers's ass about this news story, I bet the talk radio in Wisconsin has a few fans pointing out how Rodgers was the one who did not come through in the NFC championship last year.

You are spot on, and Rodgers was bailed out by the fact his coach wimped out on 4th down and that's all anyone wanted to talk about. He had a clear path to the goal line on that 3rd down and simply was too scared of getting hit to take it. In fact, he rarely ever tries to run anymore. He will almost always just throw the ball away.

The fact of the matter is that, aside from a few lucky Hail Mary passes from a few years back, Rodgers has simply never been very clutch. His passion for the game has clearly slipped tremendously the past few years as well. In addition to what you mentioned, people also forgot pretty quickly about an occasion in the 2020 NFC title game where he basically didn't even attempt to recover a fumbled snap. He just backed off and basically started walking off the field before the play was even over. It was pathetic, and nobody ever even mentioned it.

The guy isn't a leader and really never has been. When people compare his talent to Mahomes, the biggest thing they're missing is the fact that Rodgers has never had the "it" factor that Mahomes has gushing out of every pore in his body.

I welcome him getting traded to Denver. Will be fun to watch Patrick beat him twice a year.

TEX 05-03-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15660420)
I'm sure that many are.. I'm not one of them.

Oh, but you are... You just don't want to seem like you are. ;)

Mile High Mania 05-03-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15660446)
Oh, but you are... You just don't want to seem like you are. ;)

Not really, hell I was very nervous about the Manning signing... I feared him getting hit and then that's the last image, him being paralyzed in a Denver uniform. (I realize that was the consensus dream around here though) But, that was just a FA signing, not giving up picks.

At the end of the day, yeah I would love a QB of that pedigree. I'm just not going to start believing that every top QB can play into their early 40s now just because Brees and Brady have done it. Elway retired at 38 and Manning at 39...

I just think it would be a bit foolish to think they could trade away 3 R1 picks and two good players and then compete for and win a SB in the next 3 years... because that's the only reason you do it. Rodgers will be 38 in December. There only 2 QBs older than him right now, Brady and Big Ben. Yes, he won the MVP last year... but, I don't believe I would pull that trigger for the price being floated out there.

Edit --- By the way, on this day in 1999... Elway retired. (sniffles/snort)

notorious 05-03-2021 03:33 PM

Damn, just lurked in the Mane for the first time in years and most are acting like this is a done deal and KC’s reign is over.

Goodness sakes, for getting their shit pushed in for a LONG time they are overly confident.

comochiefsfan 05-03-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15660400)

Rodgers is the most apologized for star quarterback in history.

ONE Super Bowl appearance.

Crazy.

Pitt Gorilla 05-03-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15660175)
That’s why I’d ask for Jeudy as part of the deal. Cheap cost effective first rd receiver for 4 more years to help your new young QB.

They'd want Jeudy, Albert O, and at LEAST 3 firsts for a deal. Hell, it may take more than that, given they have no control over where those picks actually end up landing.

Mile High Mania 05-03-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15660479)

Crazy.

Pretty wild indeed. 12-9 overall in the playoffs, but only 7-8 since that SB win in the 2010 season.

sedated 05-03-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15660479)

Crazy.

Favre only went to 2. GB seems to be an organization that gets stuck in the NFCCG. 3-6 record since Favre got there in the 90s.

comochiefsfan 05-03-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15660498)
Pretty wild indeed. 12-9 overall in the playoffs, but only 7-8 since that SB win in the 2010 season.

Everyone always shit on Peyton for being a playoff choker, but by the time he got to Denver he had been to twice as many Super Bowls as Rodgers would be if he signed with the Donks tomorrow.

No idea why Peyton was crucified but Aaron gets a free pass.

Why Not? 05-03-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15660511)
Everyone always shit on Peyton for being a playoff choker, but by the time he got to Denver he had been to twice as many Super Bowls as Rodgers would be if he signed with the Donks tomorrow.

No idea why Peyton was crucified but Aaron gets a free pass.

Who gives him a free pass? Most people I know think he has very much under performed from a team standpoint. Most national media I listened to after the NFCCG last season crushed him for failing yet again with a trip to the SB on the line.

Mennonite 05-03-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15660498)

One thing that rarely gets mentioned about Green Bay's SB run that year is that their defense was pretty damn good.

From wikipedia:

The Packers offense ranked ninth in yards per game, tenth in total points, & fifth in passing yards. The defense ranked fifth in yards allowed and finished second in fewest points allowed (240, second best in team history), sacks (47), and interceptions (24), while also limiting quarterbacks to a 67.2 passer rating, first in the league.

He's still a fantastic QB though.

Frazod 05-03-2021 04:06 PM

Rodgers was so bad in the NFCCG that I seriously wonder if he was on the take. Gifted three second half INTs, and the alleged "MVP" couldn't do shit with it? That just stinks to high heaven.

Chief Pagan 05-03-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15660421)
You are spot on, and Rodgers was bailed out by the fact his coach wimped out on 4th down and that's all anyone wanted to talk about. He had a clear path to the goal line on that 3rd down and simply was too scared of getting hit to take it. In fact, he rarely ever tries to run anymore. He will almost always just throw the ball away.

I'm not a Rodgers apologist. But an NFL QB doesn't make it to his late 30's taking the hits that made Luck decide to retire or have made big Ben a shell of his former self.

Sure, with a trip to the SB on the line, he could have been more aggressive. But as to your overall point:

Peyton fall down at the first sign of pressure Manning was still effective. Brady boy doesn't stand in the pocket and take the hits that he did in his twenties and he was just awarded a SB.

And you wanna know what? Patrick is going to do the same thing if he has the good fortune to still be playing in his late thirties.

FloridaMan88 05-03-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15660503)
Favre only went to 2. GB seems to be an organization that gets stuck in the NFCCG. 3-6 record since Favre got there in the 90s.

Green Bay has had back to back HOF QB’s for a time-frame of almost 30 years now and only two Super Bowl trophies to show for that.

Missed opportunity.

Rausch 05-03-2021 04:23 PM

Deep down we all know he's going to Denver...

staylor26 05-03-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15660548)

No, we really don’t.

The Packers have zero interest in trading him and he’s not going to retire.

Chiefspants 05-03-2021 04:30 PM

Quote:

The hype for our matchups is going to be at an all time level if that happens. Like, Montana-Elway hype.

FloridaMan88 05-03-2021 04:30 PM

If Aaron Rodgers was frustrated by Mike McCarthy in Green Bay then good luck with the Vic and Shurmur clown show in Denver.

Rausch 05-03-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15660553)
No, we really don’t.

The Packers have zero interest in trading him and he’s not going to retire.

I think he will retire if they don't trade him.

staylor26 05-03-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15660566)
I think he will retire if they don't trade him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15660066)

He leaves like 12 million on the table if he retires. It’s an empty threat and it’s not happening.

staylor26 05-03-2021 04:36 PM

If the Packers had any intention of trading him, they would’ve done it for the #3 overall pick or #9. Now if they trade him for future picks they’re likely getting late 1st rounders in return like O.City pointed out.

RunKC 05-03-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15660560)
If Aaron Rodgers was frustrated by Mike McCarthy in Green Bay then good luck with the Vic and Shurmur clown show in Denver.

The Broncos just drafted back-to-back WR’s in rd 1 and 2, a C in the 3rd and the most athletic TE in the draft in the 4th.

After just drafting a TE in the first rd. And then trading up to the early 2ns for a RB.

They at least want their Qb to be successful. GB never does any of that shit. Ever

RunKC 05-03-2021 04:48 PM

This makes me appreciate Veach even more.

Gutekunst wanted Justin Jefferson last year but sat on his hands. Then drafts Love. I can totally see why Rodgers wants that pussy out of there.

Just like the Vikings this year. They loved Justin Fields but didn’t trade up. ****ing get your guy pussies.

That franchise deserves Cousins for acting like a bitch

Why Not? 05-03-2021 04:48 PM

I hope he goes to Denver. Mahomes can send him permanently to the Jeopardy set after beating him for the next couple years.

TEX 05-03-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Who knows? Don't really care. Sure we like that Denver sucks, but it will be so much fun crushing them when they think they have a chance. We have Mahomes. We have Reid. We have Veach. Who cares what they have? Whatever they come up with, won't be enough.

wazu 05-03-2021 04:54 PM

It's starting to feel like the Packers called Aaron's bluff.

comochiefsfan 05-03-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15660595)
Who know? Don't really care. Sure we like that Denver sucks, but it will be so much fun crushing them when they think they have a chance. We have Mahomes. We have Reid. We have Veach. Who cares what they have? Whatever they come up with, won't be enough.

Exactly.

The only downside to being as good as we are is that most of the regular season games feel anticlimactic due to how superior we are to our opponent.

I would absolutely welcome the idea of having two more big time matchups on the schedule.

Denver even with Rodgers is no real threat to us when it comes to the division. So I say bring it on.

New World Order 05-03-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15660569)
If the Packers had any intention of trading him, they would’ve done it for the #3 overall pick or #9. Now if they trade him for future picks they’re likely getting late 1st rounders in return like O.City pointed out.

With the way GB is handling this it seems like they're not going to trade him until they're absolutely sure he's done with them. I guess we'll see in August/September

Mecca 05-03-2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15660568)
He leaves like 12 million on the table if he retires. It’s an empty threat and it’s not happening.

Supposedly friends of his have said he doesn't care about the money. He's saved most of what he's made and doesn't need it.

Rausch 05-03-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15660598)
It's starting to feel like the Packers called Aaron's bluff.

I don't know that he is bluffing.

NFL players are already pushing to have more of an NBA approach to trades and power inside franchises...

staylor26 05-03-2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15660615)
Supposedly friends of his have said he doesn't care about the money. He's saved most of what he's made and doesn't need it.

Apparently you missed AJ Hawk saying that it’s pretty much a 0% chance he retires.

I wasn’t implying that it’s all about the money either. He would also be wasting one of the few years he has left with a team that’s still capable of winning a championship.

It’s not happening.

RealSNR 05-03-2021 05:16 PM

If Levar Burton gets the Jeopardy! gig, then Rodgahs is REALLY screwed

Mecca 05-03-2021 05:42 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...m_source=share

Don't know how true that is but since it's on Eisens show...

comochiefsfan 05-03-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15660659)
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...m_source=share

Don't know how true that is but since it's on Eisens show...

LMAO

Rainbarrel 05-03-2021 07:06 PM

The AFC West could have it's own network. Carr would be serviceable with a change of scenery.