ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2020 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329772)

Sfeihc 03-31-2020 10:57 AM

The Tennessee Titans select Matt Peart, OT, University of Connecticut.

Chargem 03-31-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14878207)
Per PM, here is Chargem’s pick:

Houston Texans select Bradley Anae, Edge, Utah

Thanks for doing that, think this is a decent value pick for back of round 3, not quite a steal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14878214)
**** that was my perfect Chiefs pick.

This is oddly satisfying.

RealSNR 03-31-2020 11:12 AM

The Green Bay Packers select Jordan Elliott, DL, Missouri

I hate drafting guys from Missouri, because I always feel like some Mizzou fan will condescendingly tell me the "real story" about that player and how I committed a massive reach.

But... I can't help but really like what I see and hear. Sooo....

staylor26 03-31-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14878525)

I hate drafting guys from Missouri, because I always feel like some Mizzou fan will condescendingly tell me the "real story" about that player and how I committed a massive reach.

That’s a steal. I don’t care what anybody says. He definitely would’ve been on my short list for the Chiefs at this next pick, even with Chris Jones.

Rain Man 03-31-2020 11:56 AM

(Veach and Reid confer in hushed voices, pointing at names on a sheet. Clark Hunt looks over their shoulder and nods. Gracie takes an Instagram photo of herself in a sequined silver top that dazzles the other teams' general managers and distracts them.)

RunKC 03-31-2020 11:57 AM

Chiefs have been speaking with Jordan Elliott from reports and Matt Miller has mocked him to us talking about him on the pod.

I don’t think that’s coincidence. He’s a big time sleeper with excellent athleticism for a DL.

Marco Polo 03-31-2020 12:17 PM

Horseface is flustered, as his top three picks were recently taken. He neighs in discontent and then regroups:

The Denver Broncos select Alton Robinson, EDGE, Syracuse.

Chief Northman 03-31-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14878525)

I waffled on Zuniga or Elliott for my earlier Ravens pick. Scouts love him, and he is rising up big boards.

Chief Northman 03-31-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14878569)
(Veach and Reid confer in hushed voices, pointing at names on a sheet. Clark Hunt looks over their shoulder and nods. Gracie takes an Instagram photo of herself in a sequined silver top that dazzles the other teams' general managers and distracts them.)

I demand Gracie pics with your pick!

Rain Man 03-31-2020 12:52 PM

The modern era of Chiefs playoff success began with a person who was the 96th pick in the draft, and he now enters the arena, wearing the #34 jersey that he made temporarily famous.

Up on the screen, the giant television shows the kickoff of the Chiefs 30-0 victory over the Texans in the 2015 playoffs, and a slightly younger Knile Davis streaks downfield in the first reveal of the Chiefs' upcoming postseason dominance.

Knile looks up and smiles. "I'll tell my grandkids about that," he says to the crowd, "and I'll also tell them about how I drafted a future Hall of Famer today. With the 96th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Ben Bredeson, G, Michigan."

Davis then gathers up the card, looks at the aisle, and sprints straight forward out of the arena.

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/p...mvxmvulas4.jpg

Rain Man 03-31-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14878641)
I demand Gracie pics with your pick!

See? I told you she's distracting other teams' GMs.

And while I randomly made up the silver sequins, I was able to find a picture of her in silver sequins in about five seconds. Do I know Gracie or what?

http://res.cloudinary.com/culturemap...5_original.jpg

staylor26 03-31-2020 12:56 PM

Not bad at all. I had a couple of other guys I’d prefer, but Bredeson is in my top 3 IOL left (and my #2 G left) so good pick.

DrRyan 03-31-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14878652)
The modern era of Chiefs playoff success began with a person who was the 96th pick in the draft, and he now enters the arena, wearing the #34 jersey that he made temporarily famous.

Up on the screen, the giant television shows the kickoff of the Chiefs 30-0 victory over the Texans in the 2015 playoffs, and a slightly younger Knile Davis streaks downfield in the first reveal of the Chiefs' upcoming postseason dominance.

Knile looks up and smiles. "I'll tell my grandkids about that," he says to the crowd, "and I'll also tell them about how I drafted a future Hall of Famer today. With the 96th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Ben Bredeson, G, Michigan."

Davis then gathers up the card, looks at the aisle, and sprints straight forward out of the arena.

I like it. I've drafted him in deferral mocks I have done when i don't get Kindley.

Hoover 03-31-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Great pick. This is why I'd be hunting for Offensive Linemen every year in the 3rd and 4th round. Dude can come in make and make a difference.

Chief Northman 03-31-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14878662)
See? I told you she's distracting other teams' GMs.

And while I randomly made up the silver sequins, I was able to find a picture of her in silver sequins in about five seconds. Do I know Gracie or what?

http://res.cloudinary.com/culturemap...5_original.jpg

1,2,5,3,4 (left to right)

Mama is so fine too....

Thanks!

And Bredeson is a solid pick.

Rain Man 03-31-2020 01:00 PM

So you guys might give me some guff on taking Bredeson right now, but here's my thinking. He's a four-year left guard, a team captain, voted the toughest player on Michigan's team in 2018, a second team All-American, an academic all Big Ten, and most importantly, he gave up 0 sacks and 0 quarterback hits on 451 snaps in 2019. He's being hired to protect The Franchise and ensure that Patrick Mahomes II has a safe and secure workplace in 2020 and beyond.

https://mgoblue.com/sports/football/...bredeson/18997

Rain Man 03-31-2020 01:02 PM

Or maybe you won't give me guff, which is even better.

Rain Man 03-31-2020 01:23 PM

Cleveland is on the clock as soon as Baker Mayfield can get the stadium cleaned up.

RealSNR 03-31-2020 01:36 PM

There has been a massive run on dudes named Davis in the past 15 picks, and Cleveland doesn't want to be left picking over the scraps in the 6th and 7th rounds because they missed out earlier in the draft.

The Cleveland Browns select Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal

Do they need to double up on safety? Actually, yes, they probably do.

RealSNR 03-31-2020 01:42 PM

Having selected Ashtyn Davis, that weird ****ing baseball guy they hired breathes a sigh of relief as he takes Jim, Jefferson, and Bette Davis off Cleveland's big board

Marco Polo 03-31-2020 02:07 PM

The Pats need some receiving help and are able to get a very productive WR with one of the largest market shares in CFB the last few years in the rough Big Ten.

The New England Patriots select Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota.

Hoover 03-31-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14878678)
So you guys might give me some guff on taking Bredeson right now, but here's my thinking. He's a four-year left guard, a team captain, voted the toughest player on Michigan's team in 2018, a second team All-American, an academic all Big Ten, and most importantly, he gave up 0 sacks and 0 quarterback hits on 451 snaps in 2019. He's being hired to protect The Franchise and ensure that Patrick Mahomes II has a safe and secure workplace in 2020 and beyond.

https://mgoblue.com/sports/football/...bredeson/18997

I think improved guard play will help us out at center too.

Chargem 03-31-2020 02:19 PM

With the 99th pick, the Giants go defense again.

Darrell Taylor, Edge, Tennessee Volunteers

Sfeihc 03-31-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Great pick! Another U of M guy. He is about as safe a prospect as there is in this draft.

Marco Polo 03-31-2020 02:25 PM

While a project that needs to improve strength and blocking skills, this prospect is intriguing in an offense that maximizes TE talent:

The New England Patriots select Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri.

Chargem 03-31-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 14878820)
While a project that needs to improve strength and blocking skills, this prospect is intriguing in an offense that maximizes TE talent:

The New England Patriots select Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri.

I didn't get a PM from you on the last pick I just happened to be on, just checking you PM'd Kurt?

Marco Polo 03-31-2020 02:28 PM

Sorry, I typically do that. Yes, I PM'd Kurt.

Hoover 03-31-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14878724)
There has been a massive run on dudes named Davis in the past 15 picks, and Cleveland doesn't want to be left picking over the scraps in the 6th and 7th rounds because they missed out earlier in the draft.

The Cleveland Browns select Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal

Do they need to double up on safety? Actually, yes, they probably do.

He could be a real find

Chargem 03-31-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14878832)
He could be a real find

Agree, he definitely fell more than I expected.

Hoover 03-31-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14878855)
Agree, he definitely fell more than I expected.

I like a lot of the safeties in this draft.

Chargem 03-31-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14878863)
I like a lot of the safeties in this draft.

I wonder if it's just the "Chiefs effect" on this draft though, we all like who the Chiefs have at safety so no one knows anything about the safety draft so all these guys fall, no safeties taken in the first round ROFL

Hoover 03-31-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14878875)
I wonder if it's just the "Chiefs effect" on this draft though, we all like who the Chiefs have at safety so no one knows anything about the safety draft so all these guys fall, no safeties taken in the first round ROFL

I think its a pretty deep class, but I agree that its only worth the pick starting in the late 1st round. Might be silly, but I wouldn't bitch if the Chiefs added a safety in the later rounds of the draft. A lot of these guys have range and can be used in many ways.

KurtCobain 03-31-2020 03:52 PM

I played sold out shows in Seattle and this next selection has already played sold out games in Seattle and will continue to do so!

Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

Chief Northman 03-31-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 14879059)
I played sold out shows in Seattle and this next selection has already played sold out games in Seattle and will continue to do so!

Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

Good value here. Some are projecting him as TE #1 in this draft....

KurtCobain 03-31-2020 04:18 PM

I thought he would be gone by that pick and was planning on taking Albert O, because Missouri, but it ended up being the other way around and I'm pretty happy with it.

BossChief 03-31-2020 05:22 PM

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas.

Hoover 03-31-2020 05:26 PM

The Philadelphia Eagles select, Troy Dye, LB, Oregon

RealSNR 03-31-2020 05:27 PM

Round 4 is up. Check to make sure I didn't accidentally **** up anything

KurtCobain, do you mind if I give the Saints to DrRyan? That way he can have two teams

staylor26 03-31-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14879270)
The Philadelphia Eagles select, Troy Dye, LB, Oregon

Good pick. One of my favorite mid rounders.

Hoover 03-31-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14879285)
Good pick. One of my favorite mid rounders.

Thanks, I'm intrigued by him. Dude is just one of those guys that always produces.

staylor26 03-31-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14879288)
Thanks, I'm intrigued by him. Dude is just one of those guys that always produces.

If we miss out on the top LB’s he’s the perfect guy to take and ease in by letting him play in subs only. He’d still have an impact, but would be allowed to grow into a starting role.

Hoover 03-31-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14879304)
If we miss out on the top LB’s he’s the perfect guy to take and ease in by letting him play in subs only. He’d still have an impact, but would be allowed to grow into a starting role.

I would love to see him in KC. Needs to bulk up against the run, but he's got great range and coverage skills. Do you see him inside? I wonder if teams will flirt using him on the outside because of his size.

KurtCobain 03-31-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14879271)
Round 4 is up. Check to make sure I didn't accidentally **** up anything

KurtCobain, do you mind if I give the Saints to DrRyan? That way he can have two teams

Go for it, sir. Already armed them for the future.

TambaBerry 03-31-2020 07:05 PM

The Los Angeles Rams select, Willie Gay Jr.
MISSST, LB

RealSNR 03-31-2020 07:17 PM

Gay strikes me as a Vontaze Burfict except he's not a raging psychopath

staylor26 03-31-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14879456)
Gay strikes me as a Vontaze Burfict except he's not a raging psychopath

And MUCH faster. He’s on a whole different level athletically.

I would’ve taken him with the Chiefs 3rd even with Baun. That’s how you totally revamp this LB core.

RunKC 03-31-2020 08:09 PM

Vikings take a guy I would love for the Chiefs to take. His father also played for Andy.

The Vikings select Jon Runyan Jr OL Michigan

Chief Northman 03-31-2020 08:19 PM

The Ravens identify two players on their big board that they rank as top 60 players. They go with the one who arguably fills the more pressing depth need:

With the last pick of the 3rd round, #106, the Baltimore Ravens select Davon Hamilton, NT, Ohio State

DrRyan 03-31-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14879550)
The Ravens identify two players on their big board that they rank as top 60 players. They go with the one who arguably fills the more pressing depth need:

With the last pick of the 3rd round, #106, the Baltimore Ravens select Davon Hamilton, NT, Ohio State

Nice pick. There goes one of the top 2 I had queued up for the cardinals.

TambaBerry 03-31-2020 09:12 PM

I didn't really want to go back to back linebackers for the Rams but I felt like he was too good to pass up with limited draft picks for them especially. They should be in a good position with their linebacking corps now

chiefscafan 03-31-2020 09:31 PM

The Cincinnati Bengals select Damien Lewis, OG, LSU

Chief Northman 03-31-2020 09:45 PM

The Washington Redskins select Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon

Ron Rivera watched as the Carolina Panthers accrued skill position talent to try and make the most of Cam Newton‘s talents the past few years. Well, there was some upside with the selections of guys like McCaffrey, DJ Moore, and Curtis Samuel, but what became evident was that the Panthers neglected acquiring talent in front of Newton to protect him. Rivera will not make that same mistake with a young Dwayne Haskins, and even if Haskins does not end up being the guy, it won’t be for a lack of protection. Lemieux can factor in right away and solidify the left side of the offensive line with Ezra Cleveland for years to come.

Sfeihc 03-31-2020 09:51 PM

The Detroit Lions select Ben Bartch, OL, St. John's(MN).

RealSNR 03-31-2020 10:11 PM

Jesus. All three OL guys I was targeting just went bam bam bam. Brutal.

chiefscafan 03-31-2020 11:11 PM

Bengals draft not bad so far

1. Tagovailoa QB

2. Delpit S

3. Weaver DE

4. Damien Lewis OG

chiefscafan 03-31-2020 11:13 PM

Yeah RealSNR I couldn’t believe Lewis was still available. I triple checked it

Rain Man 03-31-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14879645)
The Washington Redskins select Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon

Ron Rivera watched as the Carolina Panthers accrued skill position talent to try and make the most of Cam Newton‘s talents the past few years. Well, there was some upside with the selections of guys like McCaffrey, DJ Moore, and Curtis Samuel, but what became evident was that the Panthers neglected acquiring talent in front of Newton to protect him. Rivera will not make that same mistake with a young Dwayne Haskins, and even if Haskins does not end up being the guy, it won’t be for a lack of protection. Lemieux can factor in right away and solidify the left side of the offensive line with Ezra Cleveland for years to come.

When the Chiefs drafted Bredeson, our big debate was Bredeson versus Lemieux. What do people think? Did we make the right choice or would you have gone with the hockey-sounding guy?

Chargem 04-01-2020 12:11 AM

The Giants select:

Van Jefferson, WR, Florida

Chargem 04-01-2020 12:16 AM

The Texans select:

Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA

A steal for the 4th round imo, he's going to be a good NFL player.

Chargem 04-01-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14879766)
When the Chiefs drafted Bredeson, our big debate was Bredeson versus Lemieux. What do people think? Did we make the right choice or would you have gone with the hockey-sounding guy?

I actually think Damien Lewis is actually the best of those 3.

staylor26 04-01-2020 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14879766)

Bredeson.

The Franchise 04-01-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14879656)
The Detroit Lions select Ben Bartch, OL, St. John's(MN).

I’d be all good with drafting this kid as our swing tackle to take over for Fisher in a couple of seasons.

RealSNR 04-01-2020 01:22 PM

In the interest of keeping things going, staylor and the Panthers are on the clock. Direckshun will get his pick in later.

staylor26 04-01-2020 01:28 PM

The Carolina Panthers select John Simpson, G, Clemson

Surprised he’s still available, especially after the run on OL, but this guy is the #3 IOL on my board this year and I absolutely love the value here. The Panther get their replacement for Turner.

RealSNR 04-01-2020 01:39 PM

You son of a bitch.

staylor26 04-01-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14880763)
You son of a bitch.

:D

Hoover 04-01-2020 02:22 PM

Not surprised there is a run on IOL there were a to. Of good guys sitting there.

DrRyan 04-01-2020 02:50 PM

The Arizona Cardinals select Khalid Kareen, Edge, Notre Dame.

Cards get some help on the pass rush opposite of Chandler Jones. Likely a situational pass rusher initially that cracks the starting lineup by next season.

Direckshun 04-01-2020 03:05 PM

The Chargers select RB Zack Moss, Utah.

Direckshun 04-01-2020 03:11 PM

By the way, I did not get a PM. Disappointed.

RealSNR 04-01-2020 03:32 PM

God, I feel like the talent drop off just hit a shit **** massive cliff. This actually kind of sucks.

I'll be ready in a minute.

Jesus. Like, holy shit.

staylor26 04-01-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14881011)
By the way, I did not get a PM. Disappointed.

Chargem was responsible!

Would you have selected Moss either way?

staylor26 04-01-2020 03:44 PM

Now that he’s been selected, Moss and Gay were my guys for the Chiefs in the 3rd. I probably would’ve went with Moss after going Baun in the 1st though.

RealSNR 04-01-2020 03:49 PM

**** it.

The Cleveland Browns select Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma

**** Baker. **** Keenum. They both suck balls.

staylor26 04-01-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14881126)
**** it.

The Cleveland Browns select Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma

**** Baker. **** Keenum. They both suck balls.

That’s....actually a damn good pick.

Hurts is going in the 2nd.

staylor26 04-01-2020 03:53 PM

The Jacksonville Jaguars select Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina

RealSNR 04-01-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14881134)
That’s....actually a damn good pick.

Hurts is going in the 2nd.

Would make zero sense for the Browns to take him, though. I just looked and they also have freaking Cody Kessler as their QB3.

If Baker goes full Baker, then it's a smart pick. And that's... well, it's actually more likely to happen than I think...

Rain Man 04-01-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14881117)
Now that he’s been selected, Moss and Gay were my guys for the Chiefs in the 3rd. I probably would’ve went with Moss after going Baun in the 1st though.

Yeah, Moss was the #1 guy on my list. Sadness ensues.

staylor26 04-01-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14881191)
Yeah, Moss was the #1 guy on my list. Sadness ensues.

Honestly, I can’t say I’d do it for sure if I was in your shoes. I’d be scared to draft a RB anywhere in the first 3 rounds for the Chiefs. 75% of CP gets irrationally angry at the thought of drafting a RB before day 3.

Rain Man 04-01-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14881211)
Honestly, I can’t say I’d do it for sure if I was in your shoes. I’d be scared to draft a RB anywhere in the first 3 rounds for the Chiefs. 75% of CP gets irrationally angry at the thought of drafting a RB before day 3.

I was really close to drafting one in Round 1. That might have caused some waves. But I was really close.