ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: Episode IX (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316150)

DJ's left nut 04-12-2019 01:00 PM

I'm pretty sure the teaser trailer for TLJ gave me a hard-on. I couldn't have been more hyped for a movie than I was for that one.

Then....well y'know.

I don't think there's any kind of trailer that could be released that would convince me to go see this in theaters. I'm just out.

lawrenceRaider 04-12-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14203721)
Looks like a jumbled mess of shit already.

Wait, is this one a joke?

The Franchise 04-12-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14203920)
I'm pretty sure the teaser trailer for TLJ gave me a hard-on. I couldn't have been more hyped for a movie than I was for that one.

Then....well y'know.

I don't think there's any kind of trailer that could be released that would convince me to go see this in theaters. I'm just out.

I'll end up seeing it because my 8 year old daughter loves these movies. It's how she got into Star Wars.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14203982)
Wait, is this one a joke?

No, no it is not. And I've explained why in several previous posts.

lawrenceRaider 04-12-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14203991)
No, no it is not. And I've explained why in several previous posts.

I guess they want to be sure I don't see this on in the theater.

This whole damn Trilogy has been a joke of the lowest order. I know we have one more movie to see, but I am leaning towards voting the entire thing worse than the prequel trilogy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14204009)
I guess they want to be sure I don't see this on in the theater.

This whole damn Trilogy has been a joke of the lowest order. I know we have one more movie to see, but I am leaning towards voting the entire thing worse than the prequel trilogy.

The fact that they're going to redeem Ren back to a Skywalker is reason enough to **** this thing off. And you're right; this trilogy IS worse than the prequels. The prequels were a poorly executed story. This Disney shit doesn't even know how to WRITE a ****ing story.

Colossal waste of time.

Hawk 04-12-2019 01:59 PM

LOL at the haters. You've watched 8 movies, and now you're out on the last one? You're not going to see how this saga that has spanned you lifetime ends? Ha, whatever.

I'm definitely going to see this one and I'm pretty confident I'll be entertained.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...54/323/394.jpg

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-12-2019 03:02 PM

Saw the teaser.

Eh, whatever. They will probably kill Lando off. I don't care about Rey. Finn has been ruined. So has Poe. Ren is a complete wuss.

Setsuna 04-12-2019 03:10 PM

It's time to boycott this trash.

DJ's left nut 04-12-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 14204038)
LOL at the haters. You've watched 8 movies, and now you're out on the last one? You're not going to see how this saga that has spanned you lifetime ends? Ha, whatever.

I'm definitely going to see this one and I'm pretty confident I'll be entertained.

That's the thing though - that particular saga ended in VIII.

This isn't gonna do anything more than that other than try to play up some fan servicy shit in the name of trying to ungrump some folks and hope to get them back on board for X and beyond.

My biggest problem with VIII was always that the story was missing a middle. VIII is never a movie I would've really liked for a myriad of reasons I've already explained, but it's a movie I'd have understood had it been IX.

I don't need to see 'how it ends' because the parts I care about already ended. The characters I gave a damn about are either dead or in the margins. Trying to retcon this thing into pretending that VIII didn't already effectively end the Skywalker Saga is just gonna make it the entire trilogy that mass of disorganized shit that SDH expects.

They're welcome to untie and retie loose ends as they see fit, but that does nothing but make this a rental. I'll watch it at some point, but like I said - I see no need to brave the crowds for this and can't see any way a trailer of any caliber will change my mind.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 14204038)

Pffft. Enjoy your idiotic entertainment, queerass.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14204100)
It's time to boycott this trash.

What? You don't want to watch Lando Calrissian be further emasculated by Disney?

Lando Calrissian, 1980's: Galactic Pimp

Lando Calrissian, Disney: Metrosexual Robot-****er.

Barret 04-12-2019 04:30 PM

Have you guys seen this one with the alternate ending????

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 41.660%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/7dt0a/pdxcqq" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2019 04:34 PM

Fitting.

CoMoChief 04-12-2019 05:07 PM

If Skywalker, Lando, Chewbacca and Palpatine are in this ...then I'm in.

If not...forget it. Characters are garbage, story writing is even worse. Solo and especially TLJ were awful movies.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14204267)
If Skywalker, Lando, Chewbacca and Palpatine are in this ...then I'm in.

If not...forget it. Characters are garbage, story writing is even worse. Solo and especially TLJ were awful movies.

You'll get Lando, Chewie, and a force ghost Luke.

Also, the involvement of OT characters will be minimal as usual. Save your money or at least read the script/plot summary before wasting your time with this garbage.

sd4chiefs 04-12-2019 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
what's up with the hair dryer unicycle?

Frazod 04-12-2019 06:06 PM

Seriously, **** these clowns and how they've shit all over Star Wars. Like Plinkett observed, the last movie was such a complete abortion that it actually made I-III look good by comparison. If all they care about is catering to betas and feminists, then I sincerely hope those are the only people who go. Plus I'll never knowingly put another dime in the pocket of Queen **** Kennedy.

When Disney bought Darth Lucas out I was thrilled. I thought they'd turn things around. Much like the peasants of western Russia who thought the Germans would be their liberators. :shake:

notorious 04-12-2019 06:09 PM

Disney is capable of making good Star Wars. Rogue One was excellent and Solo was good.

I’ll do what I did when the Chiefs traded for Alex: I’ll hold onto false hope thanks to an emotional attachment to the franchise/team even though I know I’ll be disappointed in the end.

Maybe they can make 9 like the trade for Mahomes.

sully1983 04-12-2019 06:45 PM

The new cast flat out just sucks . I don't give a shit about any of them . Disney ****ed themselves over by killing off Luke and Han . God damn it would have been cool to see them team up with Lando to do one last mission but no.

This just looks lame tbh . Jar Jar Abrams is a hack director.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14204387)
The new cast flat out just sucks . I don't give a shit about any of them . Disney ****ed themselves over by killing off Luke and Han . God damn it would have been cool to see them team up with Lando to do one last mission but no.

This is the truth. The new characters inspire absolutely nothing. They are poorly developed schlock riding the coattails of the dying original cast.

kysirsoze 04-12-2019 07:46 PM

VII and VIII were badass. This looks like great so far. Won't bother trying to talk most of you out of your insane hatred for the best Star Wars movies since Empire, but I'm really excited.

Al Bundy 04-12-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14203729)
Ugh. Worst character ever.

Except for Yoda.

Hammock Parties 04-12-2019 09:26 PM

Looks badass. Hyped. Wreckage of the second Death Star? In!!!!!

007 04-12-2019 09:51 PM

well, that did nothing for me at all. Guess its up to the full trailer to convince me its worth paying money for.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 14204502)
Except for Yoda.

Aren't you that reerun that roots for Tampon Bay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14204570)
well, that did nothing for me at all. Guess its up to the full trailer to convince me its worth paying money for.

Like hell. This movie is Matt CasselSmith and I'm on the Hate Train all the way to the box office flop.

007 04-12-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14204579)

Like hell. This movie is Matt CasselSmith and I'm on the Hate Train all the way to the box office flop.

What planet are they on anwyay? Everything looks like Tatooine but there was no death star there.

Hammock Parties 04-12-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14204582)
What planet are they on anwyay? Everything looks like Tatooine but there was no death star there.

Last shot.

Endor?

007 04-12-2019 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14204583)
Last shot.

Endor?

The shot with her hugging Leia could be Endor but the final shot looks nothing like Endor to me. Yavin IV maybe?

sd4chiefs 04-12-2019 11:54 PM

I would not be surprised if Disney did a spin off of the Jar Jar Binks character.

Deberg_1990 04-13-2019 06:10 AM

Palpatine back from the dead? Does anyone just stay dead anymore?

Al Bundy 04-13-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14204579)

Yoda is the worst part of the original three Star Wars.

crayzkirk 04-13-2019 07:46 AM

Yeah. Bring back Jar Jar Binks... Sith Lord!

Sorry 04-13-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14204660)
Palpatine back from the dead? Does anyone just stay dead anymore?

The wya they killed snoke -even if he comes back- told me all I needed to know about this shitty franchise

listopencil 04-13-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 14204502)
Except for Yoda.

https://i.imgur.com/f6x2JGM.jpg

Hammock Parties 04-13-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14204596)
The shot with her hugging Leia could be Endor but the final shot looks nothing like Endor to me. Yavin IV maybe?

It has to be Endor. A different part of the planet. There are different environments per the Ewok adventure movie.

Gravedigger 04-13-2019 10:36 AM

Maybe Rey creates a new Jedi Order but instead of Jedi she calls them Skywalkers instead to pay homage and turn over a new leaf for the order.

Setsuna 04-13-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14204177)
What? You don't want to watch Lando Calrissian be further emasculated by Disney?

Lando Calrissian, 1980's: Galactic Pimp

Lando Calrissian, Disney: Metrosexual Robot-****er.

:cuss::cuss::cuss: Staph

listopencil 04-13-2019 12:42 PM

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3b&oe=5D4174B1

Bowser 04-13-2019 12:48 PM

Savage

keg in kc 04-13-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14204387)

Ford has been trying to kill Solo off since ep 5. He'd never have done another movie. He finally got the ending he wanted for his character.

I figure Luke will show up as a force ghost in this one, complete Rey's training, for what that's worth.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2019 11:07 PM

Watched Solo again tonight with the fam, who had not seen it.

They all loved it.

Still tickled by it. Lawrence Kasdan is such a BAMF.

Baby Lee 04-14-2019 02:52 AM

<iframe width="1108" height="623" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gNTLC_uiGFA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 04-14-2019 05:12 AM

I didn't think there was any way a trailer would get me at all excited for episode 9.

I was wrong.

notorious 04-14-2019 07:26 AM

And there it is.

Death Star Two has the Emperor in it. Take his left over parts. Cloned.

JFC

007 04-14-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14205736)
And there it is.

Death Star Two has the Emperor in it. Take his left over parts. Cloned.

JFC

Dueling force ghosts

Hammock Parties 04-14-2019 09:33 AM

They won’t do anything nearly that hamfisted.

Besides palps was vaporized.

notorious 04-14-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14205819)
They won’t do anything nearly that hamfisted.

Besides palps was vaporized.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14205678)
<iframe width="1108" height="623" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gNTLC_uiGFA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod 04-14-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14205593)
Watched Solo again tonight with the fam, who had not seen it.

They all loved it.

Still tickled by it. Lawrence Kasdan is such a BAMF.

Solo was great - the diametric opposite of VIII. As I've said before, IMO it captured the swashbuckling feel of the original more than any of the others.

Unfortunately, it was like the kid sitting in class who finally turns around and confronts the asshole behind him for kicking his chair, only to be the one the teacher sends to the office for disrupting the class.

Sure-Oz 04-14-2019 10:50 AM

Very excited after seeing this trailer. I didn't think I would be.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-14-2019 01:13 PM

Can't WAIT to not pay to watch this!

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-14-2019 01:15 PM

Thank God for Russian bastard-teens with hi-def cameras and mafia-owned theaters!

Bowser 04-14-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14206108)
Thank God for Russian bastard-teens with hi-def cameras and mafia-owned theaters!

Expect incoming Fire Me Boy! neg rep upside yo head

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-14-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14206115)
Expect incoming Fire Me Boy! neg rep upside yo head

Boo-****ing-hoo. And I hope he is aware that I strike back, with precision and malice.

Setsuna 04-15-2019 02:51 PM

The Disney SWs circle jerk is in full force. Kathleen Kennedy appreciates the contribution of your souls. :shake:

TambaBerry 04-15-2019 03:20 PM

I wonder if this will be shit like the last one was

Trent Green GOAT 04-15-2019 06:59 PM

Hope it's not a steaming piece of shit like the last jedi.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT (Post 14208123)
Hope it's not a steaming piece of shit like the last jedi.

Hold out your right hand and close your eyes.

Now, hold out your left hand.

WhiteWhale 04-15-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14205849)
Solo was great - the diametric opposite of VIII. As I've said before, IMO it captured the swashbuckling feel of the original more than any of the others.

Unfortunately, it was like the kid sitting in class who finally turns around and confronts the asshole behind him for kicking his chair, only to be the one the teacher sends to the office for disrupting the class.

It was fine, not great.

I would have preferred we got a movie with someone who would have resembled a young Han Solo instead of the whole star lord thing, but whatever.

It's actually too bad the negative response to TLJ caused such a dip in it's box office. It's a MUCH more enjoyable movie imo.

WhiteWhale 04-15-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14203783)
Don't you get it? It's supposed to be a "big mystery"! Is Ben Solo the "Skywalker" that is rising, or is it Rey?! LMAO

You see, Kylo Ben told Rey that her parents were nobodies, right? But we all know that in this "brave new world" of SW that the things people say don't really mean anything, they're just having some convos to kill the time between those sweet lightsaber fights and dumb bitches running around in purple hair blowing up star destroyers with hyperdrives, amirite?!?!?!

So, it's a pointless title with a pointless mystery intended to draw you to the theater one last time for a raping of your wallet, eyeballs, and brain matter.

And a dumbassed Emperor laugh at the end. Maybe HE'S the "rising Skywalker"!!!!

Or, or, maybe it's the force ghost of Anakin finally! The Ghost of Anakin Rises!

Or, maybe it's the Jedi themselves! Maybe Luke's force ghost comes back with Anakin's force ghost and they help Rey defeat Kylo and start a NEW JEDI ORDER!!!!

OH! THE POSSIBILITIES!!!! ROFL

Didn't you like TLJ?

Hammock Parties 04-15-2019 07:50 PM

It's plainly obvious "Rise of the Skywalker "doesn't refer to a person.

WhiteWhale 04-15-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14204102)
That's the thing though - that particular saga ended in VIII.

This isn't gonna do anything more than that other than try to play up some fan servicy shit in the name of trying to ungrump some folks and hope to get them back on board for X and beyond.

My biggest problem with VIII was always that the story was missing a middle. VIII is never a movie I would've really liked for a myriad of reasons I've already explained, but it's a movie I'd have understood had it been IX.

I don't need to see 'how it ends' because the parts I care about already ended. The characters I gave a damn about are either dead or in the margins. Trying to retcon this thing into pretending that VIII didn't already effectively end the Skywalker Saga is just gonna make it the entire trilogy that mass of disorganized shit that SDH expects.

They're welcome to untie and retie loose ends as they see fit, but that does nothing but make this a rental. I'll watch it at some point, but like I said - I see no need to brave the crowds for this and can't see any way a trailer of any caliber will change my mind.

Yup. Everything you said here is true.

Glad to see SDH came around instead of pretending TLJ was some glorious achievement, but I'm going to remind him he really liked it when he saw it. He was NOT happy about my criticism. Particularly for the whole "****ing up Luke Skywalker irreparably" criticisms I levied.

Which I stand by. It was a terrible send off for one of the most iconic characters in film history. Disgraceful even.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14208195)
Didn't you like TLJ?

Initially. But then the warts starting pouring in along with the damage done to so many aspects of the franchise and characters that I wasn't noticing at the time. It was hard to see at first because these movies aren't meant to be taken too seriously. But then again, neither are they to be removed from the timeless hero arcs and classical influences that made the originals great.

Further blurring the view was the poor storytelling and too much reliance upon CGI of the prequels. When you place the two side by side, you have two examples of extreme turd polishing, both that are an affront to the OT.

Frankly, none of this shit should have ever happened. SW was just fine as three movies.

WhiteWhale 04-15-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14208289)
Initially. But then the warts starting pouring in along with the damage done to so many aspects of the franchise and characters that I wasn't noticing at the time. It was hard to see at first because these movies aren't meant to be taken too seriously. But then again, neither are they to be removed from the timeless hero arcs and classical influences that made the originals great.

Further blurring the view was the poor storytelling and too much reliance upon CGI of the prequels. When you place the two side by side, you have two examples of extreme turd polishing, both that are an affront to the OT.

Frankly, none of this shit should have ever happened. SW was just fine as three movies.

Yes.

I like the mythology. I don't care if they use it and revisit it for movies or TV shows or video games.

Just leave that story and those characters alone. It BARELY made it out of that ridiculous ewok debacle with it's OWN credibility in tact. XD I'm done. This movie can just disappear up the cultural zeitgeist's puckered anus.

keg in kc 04-15-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14208289)
these movies aren't meant to be taken too seriously. But then again, neither are they to be removed from the timeless hero arcs and classical influences that made the originals great.

Which is why The Mandalorian looks so good.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14208351)
Which is why The Mandalorian looks so good.

Yip. Everything not related to the abortion of KK's trilogy has been fairly solid to really good. Unfortunately, animation has taken a downturn. It seems that Dave Filoni just isn't in to it anymore.

Also, EA's new Jedi/66 game looks promising.

keg in kc 04-15-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14208365)
Yip. Everything not related to the abortion of KK's trilogy has been fairly solid to really good. Unfortunately, animation has taken a downturn. It seems that Dave Filoni just isn't in to it anymore.

Also, EA's new Jedi/66 game looks promising.

Not into animation anymore?

You know there's a new season of Clone Wars coming, right?

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14208379)
Not into animation anymore?

You know there's a new season of Clone Wars coming, right?

Right, but those were pretty much in the can prior to the buyout I believe.

keg in kc 04-15-2019 09:28 PM

I think the ones in the can were the sixth season episodes that Netflix put out. This upcoming seventh season was a revival that as far as I know nobody knew about, and a rare opportunity to actually finish a cancelled series.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14208386)
I think the ones in the can were the sixth season episodes that Netflix put out. This upcoming seventh season was a revival that as far as I know nobody knew about, and a rare opportunity to actually finish a cancelled series.

In any event, "Resistance" which he created and is responsible for is a steaming load of ass. As if it were written and directed by an entirely different entity.

WhiteWhale 04-16-2019 12:08 AM

By the way, what the **** ever happened to the Knights of Ren?

We hear about them and then... nothing. Where the **** are they? We gonna see these guys or what? We just pretending that was never mentioned?

keg in kc 04-16-2019 12:40 AM

They were in the poster, but that doesn't guarantee we see them.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-16-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14208495)
By the way, what the **** ever happened to the Knights of Ren?

We hear about them and then... nothing. Where the **** are they? We gonna see these guys or what? We just pretending that was never mentioned?

They were off having coffee somewhere. They're in the movie. If you watch the trailer, you can clearly see Kylo Ben killing the one that carries the club/ass paddle. My guess is that Hux has loosed them on Kylo Ben for killing Snoke.

In this movie, Hux is feeding info. to the resistance in order to try and take down Kylo Ben. He hopes to succeed him of course.

Rausch 04-16-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14208365)
Yip. Everything not related to the abortion of KK's trilogy has been fairly solid to really good.

After hearing/reading recent articles and statements by KK the recent trilogy-cluster-**** makes more sense. Almost no communication between Mystery Box and Round-Head-Ryan. Instead of building a cohesive story she treated this trilogy like an anthology.

Forget politics - just from building a cohesive story from film to film was a complete disaster. Marvel fans will hate it but perhaps the best option would be to fire KK then give Kevin Feige SW's and a huge raise...

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-16-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14209155)
After hearing/reading recent articles and statements by KK the recent trilogy-cluster-**** makes more sense. Almost no communication between Mystery Box and Round-Head-Ryan. Instead of building a cohesive story she treated this trilogy like an anthology.

Forget politics - just from building a cohesive story from film to film was a complete disaster. Marvel fans will hate it but perhaps the best option would be to fire KK then give Kevin Feige SW's and a huge raise...

I would install Dave Filoni as head of Lucasfilm and here's why:

Dave has proven over and over that he understands how to write a cohesive SW story. For "Rebels", they got in to the habit of writing the episodes in threes, much like you would a SW film trilogy.
Dave knows when to bring suspense and action, and when to hold back. He knows how to present emotional themes without being sappy, and his knowledge of the EU and Old Republic eras are without peer among those already working for Lucasfilm/Disney.

He is my first choice and considering all of the time he spent with and being mentored BY George as they launched 'The Clone Wars' together, I do not believe there is a more qualified and passionate person available for the job.

Rausch 04-16-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14209193)

He is my first choice and considering all of the time he spent with and being mentored BY George as they launched 'The Clone Wars' together, I do not believe there is a more qualified and passionate person available for the job.

Then it needs to happen immediately.

There is no way I pay money to watch a SW's product while she's in charge. I doubt I even watch anything outside of the animated stuff...

WhiteWhale 04-16-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14209849)

There is no way I pay money to watch a SW's product while she's in charge. I doubt I even watch anything outside of the animated stuff...

Yeah, the whole PR media strategy of '**** our bigoted fans, our movie was awesome!" was probably not the best way to go either.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-16-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14209895)
Yeah, the whole PR media strategy of '**** our bigoted fans, our movie was awesome!" was probably not the best way to go either.

Oh man, Filoni would have NEVER allowed that shit to happen. Of course, he would have never approved a trilogy without a cohesive and defined story arc either.

Setsuna 04-17-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14209849)

:clap: 100% agree :clap:

DJ's left nut 04-17-2019 09:05 AM

I said nothing could bring me back and that's not actually true.

Kill Rose in a trailer. And I mean in the most grueling and pointless way possible. She's out gathering food and steps on a land mine from a war generations ago. It blows off her leg and she gets eaten by Ewoks or something.

Do THAT and I'll go get my tickets.