ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Planet members and their kids serving in Iraq and Afghanistan need our support. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=217140)

BigRedChief 08-29-2018 10:58 AM

Note from the unit where the last package went to in the sandbox
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME EDITED got your package! Him and the guys in his unit asked me to tell you and the others Thank you so much!

BigRedChief 11-13-2018 09:07 PM

New packages sponsored by Planet posters (who wish to remain annonymus) are going out to a helicopter unit in the sandbox that transports special forces teams to their destinations.
https://i.imgur.com/qizvYdM.jpg

BigRedChief 11-14-2018 05:46 PM

Bump in case those who contributed missed the package going out yesterday.

BigRedChief 11-30-2018 08:41 AM

Note from the unit:

Thanks for the snacks and the note. Made the day.

GloryDayz 11-30-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13921162)
Note from the unit:

Thanks for the snacks and the note. Made the day.

:clap:

Awesome.. You're a good man BRC...

BigRedChief 12-19-2018 03:01 PM

Please keep your vets in mind this holiday season.

ST. PETERSBURG — On Dec. 10, retired Marine Col. Jim Turner put on his dress uniform and medals and drove to the Bay Pines Department of Veterans Affairs complex. He got out of his truck, sat down on top of his military records and took his own life with a rifle.

Aside from leaving behind grieving family and friends, Turner, 55, of Belleair Bluffs, left behind a suicide note that blasted the VA for what he said was its failure to help him.

"I bet if you look at the 22 suicides a day you will see VA screwed up in 90%," wrote Turner, who was well-known and well-respected in military circles. "I did 20+ years, had PTSD and still had to pay over $1,000 a month health care."

GloryDayz 12-19-2018 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13971432)
Please keep your vets in mind this holiday season.

ST. PETERSBURG — On Dec. 10, retired Marine Col. Jim Turner put on his dress uniform and medals and drove to the Bay Pines Department of Veterans Affairs complex. He got out of his truck, sat down on top of his military records and took his own life with a rifle.

Aside from leaving behind grieving family and friends, Turner, 55, of Belleair Bluffs, left behind a suicide note that blasted the VA for what he said was its failure to help him.

"I bet if you look at the 22 suicides a day you will see VA screwed up in 90%," wrote Turner, who was well-known and well-respected in military circles. "I did 20+ years, had PTSD and still had to pay over $1,000 a month health care."

Quality post...

BigRedChief 02-07-2019 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another one going out to the helicopter unit that supports the special forces units in the sandbox. All items paid for by Chiefs Planet members. :clap:

BigRedChief 02-08-2019 07:26 PM

Bump in case those who contributed didn’t see the new package went out.

GloryDayz 02-08-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14098246)
Bump in case those who contributed didn’t see the new package went out.

Looks great. Thank you..

FDrumpf 02-08-2019 08:48 PM

Why the **** are we in Iraq or Afghanistan for that matter?

I don't see any Chinese or Italian Troops in the US.

Perineum Ripper 02-08-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDrumpf (Post 14098347)
Why the **** are we in Iraq or Afghanistan for that matter?

I don't see any Chinese or Italian Troops in the US.

Keep this shit out of this thread

SAUTO 02-08-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14098392)

Done.

Sorce 02-08-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

agreed the people over there don't have a choice that is above their pay grade, take it to DC.

GloryDayz 02-08-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14098400)
Done.

Thank you Sir...

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-08-2019 09:52 PM

My Brother is back in Afghanistan, left 12/30/18

He's 64 years old.

BigRedChief 02-08-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14098441)
My Brother is back in Afghanistan, left 12/30/18

He's 64 years old.

typo? Not a lot of 64 year old soldiers in war zones. If it’s real, PM me and I’ll get a package out to him and his unit.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-08-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14098471)
typo? Not a lot of 64 year old soldiers in war zones. If it’s real, PM me and I’ll get a package out to him and his unit.

He's an old Marine but he's doing contract work now so not with an actual unit. This is I think the 3rd time he's gone there. Says this will be the last. And yes he's 64.

BigRedChief 02-09-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14098487)
He's an old Marine but he's doing contract work now so not with an actual unit. This is I think the 3rd time he's gone there. Says this will be the last. And yes he's 64.

PM me his addreess there and I'll get a package out to him. He can share it with the soldiers sacrificing over in the sandbox.

BigRedChief 02-10-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 14098403)
agreed the people over there don't have a choice that is above their pay grade, take it to DC.

This effort has never been political for me. Never to promote an agenda.

I saw soldiers on TV being spit on in the Vietnam era when they returned to the USA. As a small child, I didn't understand why people were blaming them.They had no choice. There was a draft. Go to jail, leave all your country forever, family and friends or go wherever the military sent you. How was this their fault? My dad served and went to the local VFW. I started volunteering there to help soldiers.

I've since worked for the military for years as an adult(no longer do) and got to know these vets on a personal level. Working alongside them and they go home and kill themselves because the trauma of war isn't always physical. This effort has always been about the soldiers. No Politics. The regular grunts doing the work, serving our country. Recognizing their and their families sacrifice to protect the USA while I'm safe back home.

SuperBowl4 02-10-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14099863)
This effort has never been political for me. Never to promote an agenda.

I saw soldiers on TV being spit on in the Vietnam era when they returned to the USA. As a small child, I didn't understand why people were blaming them.They had no choice. There was a draft. Go to jail, leave all your country forever, family and friends or go wherever the military sent you. How was this their fault? My dad served and went to the local VFW. I started volunteering there to help soldiers.

I've since worked for the military for years as an adult(no longer do) and got to know these vets on a personal level. Working alongside them and they go home and kill themselves because the trauma of war isn't always physical. This effort has always been about the soldiers. No Politics. The regular grunts doing the work, serving our country. Recognizing their and their families sacrifice to protect the USA while I'm safe back home.

Like one vet once said - they wave the flag when we attack, when we come home they turn their back

BigRedChief 11-10-2023 12:14 PM

Moved to the Hall of Classics. :bravo: