ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Tesla Cybertruck (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326896)

Great Expectations 07-02-2020 07:45 AM

I really want to buy one of these, but I don’t know if I can get over how ugly it is.

synthesis2 07-02-2020 07:50 AM

We put a $100 deposit on the dual motor Cybertruck.

Here is the deal with Tesla, yes its great you don't need gas and when we purchased our model 3 dual motor last year our electric bill only went up about $8-15 per month vs. $200 plus we payed each month for gas for the wife Porsche Cay...

With that said once she purchased it and we got to drive it around a while its absolutely amazing. The crazy thing about Teslas is that they become better the longer you own them. They continue to add new features to them every couple of months that actually make them a better car!!?

I mean how many other autos are being made that add new features that are downloaded into your car as the year goes on?

I wasn't sold on Tesla before owning one but now my wife said the only car she wants from now on is a Tesla. They are really amazing auto's and if you haven't owned one that its hard to explain.

Jewish Rabbi 07-02-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15047919)
You are pretty rational guy and I enjoy reading your posts but your way off base on this power supply. I have a couple of windmills on some of my land and I’d advise you to do some research before you believe in them. If it wasn’t for govt subsidies they wouldn’t be a thing, I’ll go on cashing the checks but it’s a joke. I’ve also spent a good chunk of my life building power house’s of all kinds , while we’ve cleaned coal up it must not be good enough as we couldn’t get permits to build a new one here in Ks . They won’t build any new nukes so I don’t know where all this new energy is going to come from if they shut the oil down. I can damn sure promise you it ain’t coming from solar or wind, no matter how much of that smoke they want to try and blow up your ass.I also have oil production and if shit don’t change pretty quick all of are oil producers are going to be broke at these prices.

Okay boomer

Great Expectations 07-02-2020 08:15 AM

I went ahead and pre ordered one today.

RedRaider56 07-02-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

You are pretty rational guy and I enjoy reading your posts but your way off base on this power supply. I have a couple of windmills on some of my land and I’d advise you to do some research before you believe in them. If it wasn’t for govt subsidies they wouldn’t be a thing, I’ll go on cashing the checks but it’s a joke. I’ve also spent a good chunk of my life building power house’s of all kinds , while we’ve cleaned coal up it must not be good enough as we couldn’t get permits to build a new one here in Ks . They won’t build any new nukes so I don’t know where all this new energy is going to come from if they shut the oil down. I can damn sure promise you it ain’t coming from solar or wind, no matter how much of that smoke they want to try and blow up your ass.I also have oil production and if shit don’t change pretty quick all of are oil producers are going to be broke at these prices.

In Georgetown, Texas they've made a huge investment, with Government assistance, in Solar power and their electric rates actually went UP!

https://energynews.us/2019/11/05/sou...-a-texas-town/

Chief Roundup 07-02-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15047709)
You're uninformed on this. You can find all sorts of information if you care to look for it, but here's one that took 5 seconds of Googling to find. While manufacturing processes do create environmental impacts (which is true of any product), the only way an EV will ever be worse for the environment than a gas vehicle is if you just ignore tailpipe emissions entirely (and even then, EVs aren't MUCH worse than gas vehicles).

On top of that, EVs get cleaner over time. On the manufacturing side, that's due to better efficiencies and innovation. (Remember that EVs are really still in their infancy, so manufacturing is improving rapidly.) On the use side, it's also being driven by the fact that the power grid is rapidly getting cleaner due to more wind, solar, etc. being added.

So in short, the argument that EVs are worse for the environment has always been BS, but it's becoming even more BS as time goes on.

After reading several articles including the one you posted it seems like they are a push at best at this point but that they could get better. When you figure in the smelting of the batteries and the mining and other procedures to get these rare minerals to make these batteries and other products it is not so much a wash.
They could also improve on the ICE and make it much better as well. We have seen that this has been done and more could be done as well.

Chief Roundup 07-02-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15047731)
Cost of ownership is way way less on a Tesla than a ICE. I have both. Trust me. Look up Tesla Loop study. The cost of ownership and maintenance required was very little.

Other than when you have to replace the batteries which is about $10k or the performance module which is $3k.

R Clark 07-02-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 15047982)
Okay boomer

Bend over bitch I got your boomer hangin lol

R Clark 07-02-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider56 (Post 15048003)
In Georgetown, Texas they've made a huge investment, with Government assistance, in Solar power and their electric rates actually went UP!

https://energynews.us/2019/11/05/sou...-a-texas-town/

I don’t know shit about solar, it may be the thing that works? Wind damn sure ain’t the answer they are wore out by the time they’ve paid for them selfs. If you have drove by any wind farms you will notice quite a few not in operation and it’s not because the winds not blowing they are shut down for service.

backinblack 07-02-2020 10:08 AM

I like Teslas, my problem with them is they aren't really all that fun to drive. I've driven a Model S and a Model 3 and while the initial acceleration is cool because it launches you like a rocket, there's no real driving experience to them. Which is fine I guess, they aren't really meant to be performance/sports cars(never driven the old Roadster, maybe that one is more fun to drive IDK). I just prefer driving my V8/manual Mustang, it's way more fun. Teslas seem to be a car to get where you are going as economically as possible, which is not the only reason why I drive, I drive because I like the act of driving.

It'd be really neat if they ever came out with a manual transmission model Tesla, but that seems to be against the vision of the company so I don't see that happening.

RedRaider56 07-02-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15048095)
I don’t know shit about solar, it may be the thing that works? Wind damn sure ain’t the answer they are wore out by the time they’ve paid for them selfs. If you have drove by any wind farms you will notice quite a few not in operation and it’s not because the winds not blowing they are shut down for service.

Yeah, I realize that wind turbines are not the answer. without government subsidies, they payback on them is god awful and like you said, they break down all the time. My wife's cousin, who was a trained AF F-16 mechanic, now does maintenance on those turbines. She is on the road all the dang time repairing/maintaining those things.

11Chiefs 07-02-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 15046670)
Kia's have been great cars in recent years. They've come a long way from the crap they built 15-20 years ago. Dodge, yeah that's a bit of a surprise.

My brother bought a Kia Stinger a few months ago. It is a nice and fast car.

https://www.kia.com/us/en/stinger

Shiver Me Timbers 07-02-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider56 (Post 15048158)
Yeah, I realize that wind turbines are not the answer. without government subsidies, they payback on them is god awful and like you said, they break down all the time. My wife's cousin, who was a trained AF F-16 mechanic, now does maintenance on those turbines. She is on the road all the dang time repairing/maintaining those things.

That is one job I would not want. Not a fan of having to work 400 feet in the air.

RedRaider56 07-02-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 15048178)
That is one job I would not want. Not a fan of having to work 400 feet in the air.

No kidding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buehler445 07-02-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider56 (Post 15047895)
Don't Californians already have some of the highest electric rates in the country? i think they pay the 7th highest rate in the country due to all the stupid regulations the state puts on to ensure electric utilities get a minimum amount of $$ for electricity use.

P.S the cybertruck is ugly AF.

Right but if they lose the revenue from fossil fuels they’ll have to offset it.

Jewish Rabbi 07-02-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15048073)

What does that mean?

Scorp 07-02-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 15048375)
What does that mean?

Bend over and find out! :LOL:

Jewish Rabbi 07-02-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15048073)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 15048395)
Bend over and find out! :LOL:

I don’t understand. Please tell me.

suzzer99 07-03-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15047441)
Yeah you really think electricity is going to stay cheap ? California already has brown outs in summer time. Or how bout when the wind starts blowing and they half to shut down so it doesn’t burn up? Oh yeah how we going to make all this cheap electricity? They don’t want nukes and coal is to dirty .I don’t get it windmills and solar panels ain’t going to cut it

CA hasn't had rolling brown outs since Enron. Maybe every now and then an area goes down. But nothing systematic like when Enron was gaming the system.

Megatron96 09-03-2021 08:23 PM

The cybertruck is dead:

"Super Powers Only Electric Can Deliver
F-Series, America’s best-selling truck for 44 years1, charges into the future with the F-150 Lightning, elevated by all the advantages of electrification and packed with connected technology. F-150 Lightning is a powerhouse that delivers a targeted 563 horsepower and 775 lb.-ft. of torque – the most torque of any F-150 ever – an exhilarating drive, a high-tech frunk, and the ability to power your home if needed.

Advanced Tech Now – to Guide You into the Future
F-150 Lightning offers an ingenious array of connected, intelligent features that improve over time via over-the-air software updates; FordPass app provides seamless access to charging stations and remote vehicle controls; available BlueCruise offers true hands-free driving on the highway, while enhanced Pro Power Onboard powers job sites or campsites.

No Question: Built Ford Tough Comes Standard
Powered by dual in-board motors and with standard 4x4, F-150 Lightning can take on rough terrain with Built Ford Tough durability and capability. Along with a high-strength, military-grade aluminum alloy body, a new independent rear suspension delivers improved ride comfort, while an all-new frame uses the strongest steel ever put in an F-150 frame and supports a maximum 2,000-pound payload and up to 10,000-pound towing capacity."

Rest of article:
https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...lightning.html

Buehler445 09-03-2021 10:23 PM

And it looks like a pickup....

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/f...b.881.495.jpeg

I'm no ford fan but this is much more appealing than the cybertruck.

That being said the cyber truck isn't necessarily dead. There are some SERIOUS Fanbois around. Just see this thread.

MTG#10 09-03-2021 10:30 PM

I recently bought a decent amount of F stock in anticipation of this.

Megatron96 09-03-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15814254)

That being said the cyber truck isn't necessarily dead. There are some SERIOUS Fanbois around. Just see this thread.

I know, but it doesn't matter. The only real chance Tesla had at stealing the Epickup market was to start selling them before the big boys got involved. Instead, Ford has stolen the march on Tesla, and the Ford is simply a F-150 with a giant battery in it. And everyone knows that Ford knows how to build a pickup; it's a proven design and technology. It's not shocking that Tesla just announced that they are postponing production of their pickup until 2023.

And by then Chevy's Silverado EV will be on the market. Ram can't be far behind, not to mention Toyota's Tacoma/Tundra.

The game is over. Tesla might sell a few to the diehard fanbois, but any dreams they had to capturing a significant portion of America's pickup community died when Ford introduced the Lightning. They probably would be better off if they just scrapped the cybertruck no before it costs them more.

backinblack 09-03-2021 10:33 PM

find it kind of funny Ford being this ambitious with new tech when they can barely build cars right now due to the chip shortage. I know it's not their fault but man, the shortage couldn't have happened at a worse time for them.

mr. tegu 09-03-2021 10:37 PM

Sounds pretty neat. Especially the app that can pre plan where you will need to recharge based on its calculations of your trip.

DaFace 09-03-2021 10:43 PM

Cyber truck is delayed again anyway. The F150 is definitely going to set the bar.

IowaHawkeyeChief 09-04-2021 06:50 AM

230 or 300 mile range in ideal conditions is quite restricting, if you are towing anything it is probably quite a bit less. Good for the suburban truck guy, not much else.

BWillie 09-04-2021 08:33 AM

Quote:

I dont know if there is a big market for the Cybertruck. I actually kind of like it. Its different and in your face. The F150 electric just looks like another truck and I definitely dont want that. But I acknowledge Im a niche type of customer.

Eleazar 09-04-2021 09:04 AM

To me the cyber truck says that they’re setting out to make something different, not just an electric version of an F-150 which most people are going to look at and say, why don’t I just stick with the regular F-150 that I know is great and reliable in any situation.

I hope they catch on, but I think they might have a higher hill to climb with truck buyers, similar to how a lot of people scoff at the electric mustang.

saphojunkie 09-04-2021 09:12 AM

I’d buy an electric 150 in a heartbeat. My next car is going to be 100% electric and the F150 would be a badass way of having both a truck and an electric car.

stevieray 09-04-2021 09:18 AM

i like baiting Teslas at stop lights.

....works every time.

LMAO

BWillie 09-04-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15814511)
i like baiting Teslas at stop lights.

....works every time.

LMAO

?

Lzen 09-04-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15814259)
I know, but it doesn't matter. The only real chance Tesla had at stealing the Epickup market was to start selling them before the big boys got involved. Instead, Ford has stolen the march on Tesla, and the Ford is simply a F-150 with a giant battery in it. And everyone knows that Ford knows how to build a pickup; it's a proven design and technology. It's not shocking that Tesla just announced that they are postponing production of their pickup until 2023.

And by then Chevy's Silverado EV will be on the market. Ram can't be far behind, not to mention Toyota's Tacoma/Tundra.

The game is over. Tesla might sell a few to the diehard fanbois, but any dreams they had to capturing a significant portion of America's pickup community died when Ford introduced the Lightning. They probably would be better off if they just scrapped the cybertruck no before it costs them more.

IMO, Tesla really screwed up by making the damn thing so weird and ugly. If they had tried to make it more like a truck then maybe it would have had more of a chance.

Lzen 09-04-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 15814379)
230 or 300 mile range in ideal conditions is quite restricting, if you are towing anything it is probably quite a bit less. Good for the suburban truck guy, not much else.

Yeah, that's one Area where the Tesla would supposedly blow this Away. 500 miles is the claim for the cyber truck

MTG#10 09-04-2021 10:10 AM

My only issue with the Ford is what they chose to name it.

THIS is an F-150 Lightning and I'd love to find one.

https://cdn-ds.com/stock/2001-Ford-F...d96da887bf.jpg

tredadda 09-04-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15814556)
Yeah, that's one Area where the Tesla would supposedly blow this Away. 500 miles is the claim for the cyber truck

I think that will be an issue for pure electric vehicles for a long time. You will need charging stations everywhere which currently don't exist in the numbers needed for cross country travel. Plus most people won't have the patience to wait the length of time it would take to recharge their vehicles. I do think that E vehicles have a place, but it will be for local travel more than anything. Who knows though, I could be wrong and that could all change in the future.

notorious 09-04-2021 10:22 AM

Once they figure out range and fast charging the sky is the limit.

After seeing the Ford there's no way I'd get a Tesla. I actually use my truck to tow and work, not tool around town shopping at Target.

Marcellus 09-04-2021 11:42 AM

Electric Hummer EV blows them both away.

https://www.gmc.com/electric/hummer-ev

Rain Man 09-04-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15814667)

Man, I kind of want that SUV. That's a nice ride.

BWillie 09-04-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15814667)

How do these other elect vehicles go cross country? Tesla has the Supercharger Network that makes it possible but what are you supposed to do with other EVs?

Marcellus 09-04-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15814822)
How do these other elect vehicles go cross country? Tesla has the Supercharger Network that makes it possible but what are you supposed to do with other EVs?

One would have to think its a universal system like gas pumps or it wont work.

Marcellus 09-04-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15814816)
Man, I kind of want that SUV. That's a nice ride.

I know, its expensive but damn it would fun and really cool.

DaFace 09-04-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15814822)

I can't imagine many Hummer drivers make cross country trips.

If they had to, the Electrify America network is growing fast, but definitely still not at party with Tesla's network.

Rain Man 09-04-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15814836)
I know, its expensive but damn it would fun and really cool.

Wow, I just looked up the price. I think I'll stick with walking.

Rain Man 09-04-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15815140)
I can't imagine many Hummer drivers make cross country trips.

If they had to, the Electrify America network is growing fast, but definitely still not at party with Tesla's network.

But if it's electric, then shouldn't Hummer drivers feel free to make such trips?

Peter Gibbons 09-04-2021 07:32 PM

I had a 2008 H2 back in the day and made several long trips (1000+ miles) with it driving to kids soccer games. It actually handled exceptionally well on the Interstate due to its heavy frame. And besides, it was just damn fun to drive around.

Rain Man 09-04-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons (Post 15815155)
I had a 2008 H2 back in the day and made several long trips (1000+ miles) with it driving to kids soccer games. It actually handled exceptionally well on the Interstate due to its heavy frame. And besides, it was just damn fun to drive around.

Did you have a .50 cal gun mounted on the back? Because I'd definitely add that as an option.

Peter Gibbons 09-04-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15815168)
Did you have a .50 cal gun mounted on the back? Because I'd definitely add that as an option.

No, my dealer was squeamish about such things. Didn’t these people see Zoombieland? Those types of options will come in handy during the apocalypse.

mr. tegu 09-04-2021 08:04 PM

This Ford truck is actually something that could get me into a truck. I don’t need heavy towing but I do need carrying capacity for my woodworking hobby and other various household projects. So the range wouldn’t bother me and a major reason I haven’t gone truck is the gas usage so this could be just what gets me in a truck.

Buehler445 09-04-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15815184)
This Ford truck is actually something that could get me into a truck. I don’t need heavy towing but I do need carrying capacity for my woodworking hobby and other various household projects. So the range wouldn’t bother me and a major reason I haven’t gone truck is the gas usage so this could be just what gets me in a truck.

What? Fuel mileage? If all you’re doing is short trips to the hardware store, how the hell does fuel mileage even register? Or are you talking daily driver?

Even then, the comparative cost of the damned thing, unless you’re buying Maserati’s or something matters way way way more than fuel mileage will.

My half ton (before it got ****ing destroyed) would get 18 with 1000 pounds of tools and short trips all over the farm on shit roads.

Fuel mileage is not a thing.

mr. tegu 09-05-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15815288)
What? Fuel mileage? If all you’re doing is short trips to the hardware store, how the hell does fuel mileage even register? Or are you talking daily driver?

Even then, the comparative cost of the damned thing, unless you’re buying Maserati’s or something matters way way way more than fuel mileage will.

My half ton (before it got ****ing destroyed) would get 18 with 1000 pounds of tools and short trips all over the farm on shit roads.

Fuel mileage is not a thing.

I mean as a daily driver for ten years. I definitely haven’t crunched any numbers but I’m going to assume 18 mpg over ten years is quite a bit more costly than an electric and more than a small suv. I’m not married to that idea though. I do like the idea of electric in general as well.

Buehler445 09-05-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15815533)
I mean as a daily driver for ten years. I definitely haven’t crunched any numbers but I’m going to assume 18 mpg over ten years is quite a bit more costly than an electric and more than a small suv. I’m not married to that idea though. I do like the idea of electric in general as well.

Electric as a commuter vehicle is the move, sure.

I just don’t understand why fuel mileage scared you away from a pickup until now.

I have no idea what you’re driving now but say it’s a 25 mpg 20K sedan.

The difference in purchase price is far more than fuel mileage. And that part won’t change with an electric.

mr. tegu 09-05-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15815753)
Electric as a commuter vehicle is the move, sure.

I just don’t understand why fuel mileage scared you away from a pickup until now.

I have no idea what you’re driving now but say it’s a 25 mpg 20K sedan.

The difference in purchase price is far more than fuel mileage. And that part won’t change with an electric.

I wouldn’t say fuel mileage has scared me away like it’s the deciding factor, though it is at least part of it. I’ve dabbled in looking at trucks but for me one thing that has actually been the most problematic is that if I want a full size cab (must have) I’m really sacrificing on truck bed length unless I just get something huge, which I don’t want.

So what I’ve also been thinking about is getting a suv and a trailer which requires me to find a place for the trailer. So I guess I’m not really comparing in my mind a 40k to 20k car when thinking about costs. But if I can get a truck (more convenient than suv/trailer) with one extra benefit such as electric, which I also like the idea of no emissions, it’s something that can tip me to a truck. Essentially, if I where to get a truck, I see no reason not to go electric for my situation so I will consider this route provided I can wait that long.

GloryDayz 09-06-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

100% agree, I'm no Ford fan but if GM doesn't catch up I may have to try-out a Ford.

But I won't be trading-in my fossil fuel burners any time soon.

Buehler445 09-06-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15816519)
100% agree, I'm no Ford fan but if GM doesn't catch up I may have to try-out a Ford.

But I won't be trading-in my fossil fuel burners any time soon.

Just it being Ford, I'm definitely not buying a first gen ****ing anything.

I'll let someone else beta test.

ScareCrowe 03-01-2022 09:53 AM

https://www.motorious.com/articles/n...r-siber-truck/
Quote:

https://www.motorious.com/content/im.../02/tesler.jpg
After years of product development, design, and a hell of a lot of waiting from the public, the Telser Siber Truck is here to destroy the competition!

DJ's left nut 03-01-2022 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15816531)
Just it being Ford, I'm definitely not buying a first gen ****ing anything.

I'll let someone else beta test.

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXZ5F2vFg32/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" data-instgrm-version="14" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXZ5F2vFg32/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,79.673 558.743,79.167 560.652,78.425 C562.623,77.658 564.297,76.634 565.965,74.965 C567.633,73.296 568.659,71.625 569.425,69.651 C570.167,67.743 570.674,65.562 570.82,62.369 C570.966,59.17 571,58.147 571,50 C571,41.851 570.966,40.831 570.82,37.631"></path></g></g></g></svg></div><div style="padding-top: 8px;"> <div style=" color:#3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram</div></div><div style="padding: 12.5% 0;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; margin-bottom: 14px; align-items: center;"><div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);"></div></div><div style="margin-left: 8px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 2px solid transparent; border-left: 6px solid #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)"></div></div><div style="margin-left: auto;"> <div style=" width: 0px; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);"></div></div></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center; margin-bottom: 24px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 224px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 144px;"></div></div></a><p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;"><a href="https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXZ5F2vFg32/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by The DirtySouth NC (@thedirtysouthbbq)</a></p></div></blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

Buehler445 03-01-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16169533)
<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXZ5F2vFg32/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" data-instgrm-version="14" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXZ5F2vFg32/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,79.673 558.743,79.167 560.652,78.425 C562.623,77.658 564.297,76.634 565.965,74.965 C567.633,73.296 568.659,71.625 569.425,69.651 C570.167,67.743 570.674,65.562 570.82,62.369 C570.966,59.17 571,58.147 571,50 C571,41.851 570.966,40.831 570.82,37.631"></path></g></g></g></svg></div><div style="padding-top: 8px;"> <div style=" color:#3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram</div></div><div style="padding: 12.5% 0;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; margin-bottom: 14px; align-items: center;"><div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);"></div></div><div style="margin-left: 8px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 2px solid transparent; border-left: 6px solid #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)"></div></div><div style="margin-left: auto;"> <div style=" width: 0px; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);"></div></div></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center; margin-bottom: 24px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 224px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 144px;"></div></div></a><p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;"><a href="https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXZ5F2vFg32/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by The DirtySouth NC (@thedirtysouthbbq)</a></p></div></blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

ROFL

Savage.

BWillie 03-01-2022 12:39 PM

I'm about through waiting for this. Maybe I'll pull the trigger on the Rivian. It's just that Tesla has such great super charging infrastructure and it would be a super miserable experience to travel long distances with any other electric vehicle currently on the market.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...1571766376.jpg

https://www.chicagotribune.com/resiz...hicle-20181126

A8bil 03-01-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 15814486)
To me the cyber truck says that they’re setting out to make something different, not just an electric version of an F-150 which most people are going to look at and say, why don’t I just stick with the regular F-150 that I know is great and reliable in any situation.

I hope they catch on, but I think they might have a higher hill to climb with truck buyers, similar to how a lot of people scoff at the electric mustang.

Elon has said he wants the CT to be the equivalent of a big rig in terms of durability...meaning, a million mile life. The thing is over-engineered to the nth degree. It truly is a situation where form follows function.

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14625659)
We don’t load trailers while connected to a truck, we rotate trailers.

You show up, drop the trailer you have back under a loaded one and leave. Then a tractor with a ball picks up the empty and backs it to the chute. That trailer is then loaded behind the tractor until the next truck arrives, then it starts over. The trucks don’t stop long enough to charge at the farm, if they had a charger on the way that would put 35 miles on in 10 mins our average length of gas stop that would be nice

Also it needs to be able to tow about 4000 lbs more for it to make it past the first requirement I have for it

What farms are notorious for shady electric work? How do you know I do what I please?

You can definitely already get 35 miles in 10 minutes at a supercharger, but you probably won't be installing one of those on the farm.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14627419)
Which is pretty much the position that I've taken, but then you've got dudes like aturnis saying THERE IS NOTHING A GASSER CAN DO THAT THIS CAN'T. and TOOLBOXES ARE WORTHLESS that I feel compelled to push back on.

I feel attacked! Jk. Seriously though, if you're in just about any form of construction, you should be an early adopter. Especially if you're a decent sized company with lots of trucks. I work construction and there aren't many trades I work with who wouldn't immediately lower their operating costs going electric.

Ironically, around here, the only trade who might not be able to is solar installers. Their area of operation is so large, unless they have supercharger access an hour or on every highway out of town they would have some close calls and maybe some strandings.

Not many contractors drive 2 hrs each way in a day other than them.

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14678973)
I wonder what proportion of people with trucks use it for truck purposes. I live in the middle of a city so my perspective is skewed, but the trucks I see are not fording creeks or hauling cattle trailers.

In more rural areas, you undoubtedly have a lot more working trucks. But even in a small town I have a feeling that half of the trucks are purchased as a style choice rather than a need.

Probably half are pavement princesses

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15047441)
Yeah you really think electricity is going to stay cheap ? California already has brown outs in summer time. Or how bout when the wind starts blowing and they half to shut down so it doesn’t burn up? Oh yeah how we going to make all this cheap electricity? They don’t want nukes and coal is to dirty .I don’t get it windmills and solar panels ain’t going to cut it

Batteries. It'll be pretty cheap and easy. Installs are quick and savings are large and immediate.

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15047692)
They are not low maintenance really. They are worse for the environment when you calculate that the batteries cannot be truly disposed of or recycled. Look at how bad the Prius and others like it are for the planet.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I've never seen so much misinformation in one post.

1. Gasoline is inefficient. Best case is 28% efficient in the average car and it only goes down from there. Most every is lost to heat. So kWh/kWh, electric requires 1/4 - 1/3 less energy. Even the dirtiest coal plant is still cleaner, you underestimate his dirty fossil fuels and their supply chains are

2. Batteries are absolutely recyclable as metals are nearly infinitely recyclable. The average Tesla battery is worth about $1000 to a recycler at end-of-life. Redwood Materials created by Tesla longtime #2 JB Straubel already recycled batteries and turns the minerals into battery ready products which they sell to actual customers.

Stop repeating lies you've heard for the last 20 yrs.

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

This is wildly inaccurate. So much so that I question so the claims you make, including having them on your land. Seems motivated by a chosen narrative by a dishonest actor.

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synthesis2 (Post 15047948)
We put a $100 deposit on the dual motor Cybertruck.

Here is the deal with Tesla, yes its great you don't need gas and when we purchased our model 3 dual motor last year our electric bill only went up about $8-15 per month vs. $200 plus we payed each month for gas for the wife Porsche Cay...

With that said once she purchased it and we got to drive it around a while its absolutely amazing. The crazy thing about Teslas is that they become better the longer you own them. They continue to add new features to them every couple of months that actually make them a better car!!?

I mean how many other autos are being made that add new features that are downloaded into your car as the year goes on?

I wasn't sold on Tesla before owning one but now my wife said the only car she wants from now on is a Tesla. They are really amazing auto's and if you haven't owned one that its hard to explain.

Same experience here. Fiance wasn't sold. Said it could be the second car and keep a gasser for trips. Until she road tripped in the Tesla and drove it for a couple years. Now she begs for a second one.

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15048031)
After reading several articles including the one you posted it seems like they are a push at best at this point but that they could get better. When you figure in the smelting of the batteries and the mining and other procedures to get these rare minerals to make these batteries and other products it is not so much a wash.

They could also improve on the ICE and make it much better as well. We have seen that this has been done and more could be done as well.

It's but even close to a wash. EV production pollution ROI is only like 2 years compared to ICE.

What kind of mental gymnastics?

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15048033)
Other than when you have to replace the batteries which is about $10k or the performance module which is $3k.

This ain't true either. At this point, Tesla expects their batteries to outlast the car. Even still, if you did need to replace the battery, battery costs are set to fall in cost for years to come as supply chains grow and economies of scale and competition takes hold.

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15048095)

They are locked out become they'd be putting excess energy on the grid. Maintenance ain't terribly high, and to rebuild one isn't terrible expensive.

Stop using conventional knowledge. It's the worst kind of knowledge.

scho63 04-15-2022 03:53 PM

I could be wrong but I think Tesla is going to surprise people with a different design truck they will unveil just before launch that won't look like it was recycled from Robocop

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider56 (Post 15048158)

She's on the road b/c they're spread out, they are where they are. She's maintaining them b/c it's her job. They aren't broken down, they're getting preventative maintenance like any power plant.

How many of you work on construction and actually understand any of this? Do you understand that fossil fuel plants have large onsite maintenance crews that are there 24/7 365 for the entire lifetime of the plant? It that in addition to those in house maintenance crews, 3rd party contractors are hired on for extremely large contracts to do the heavy lifting?

Not to mention the incredibly bureaucratic security crews associated with such sites? Even if you've worked there 30 years they inspect the bottom of your car with a motor in a stick each and every time you come/go. These things largely don't exist for wind/solar.

What problem do conservation old men have against democratically distributed solar production that gives $, independence and power to the people? Y'all are wild.

aturnis 04-15-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 15048178)

I've always been afraid of heights. Until my job took me up there. The danger is thrilling!

aturnis 04-15-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 15049927)
CA hasn't had rolling brown outs since Enron. Maybe every now and then an area goes down. But nothing systematic like when Enron was gaming the system.

Sounds like most times anymore it's PGE shutting down due to high winds and fire potential due to drought.

backinblack 04-15-2022 04:04 PM

Kind of surprised Ford isn't building those Maverick trucks with an electric option. They are pretty popular, seeing quite a few of them now, only thing that's limiting them is how fast Ford can build them. Suppose they are keeping a door open for an electric Maverick in the future, I think it would sell well.

mr. tegu 04-15-2022 04:06 PM

I was wanting to get the electric F-150 but it just was going to be too hard to come by and I couldn’t wait for the Chevy. I ended up with the Honda Ridgeline and it’s plenty of truck for most people I’m sure and for me is far superior to other 4X4s in its class because of the truck bed and interior space. It was interesting watching reviews comparing it to other trucks and basically it performs right along side them anyways, only real difference being not as much ground clearance. I love it so far.

aturnis 04-15-2022 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15814258)
I recently bought a decent amount of F stock in anticipation of this.

[emoji51] They might make it, but the task of phasing out the entirely of your IP assets while investing heavily into something you'll lose money on to be competitive will beat tough one.

Not to mention you either convert current factories into inefficient/expensive new factories and literally 75%+ of your workforce is worthless moving forward.

It'll be tough. Ford already reorganized in preparation to dump the ICE business before it goes belly up. They are in a much better position that GM. GM made the decision to move earlier/faster, but got way out ahead of their skis. If they keep it up with the self inflicted wounds, they won't make it.

mr. tegu 04-15-2022 04:07 PM

Tesla Cybertruck

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 16248228)
Kind of surprised Ford isn't building those Maverick trucks with an electric option. They are pretty popular, seeing quite a few of them now, only thing that's limiting them is how fast Ford can build them. Suppose they are keeping a door open for an electric Maverick in the future, I think it would sell well.

I test drove one with every intention of buying before going in, but that thing is tiny. The back seat is basically unusable. The bed is useful for certain things, but ultimately can’t handle much in the way of differently shapes items or furniture. It would be pretty good for people without kids or maybe older people with a small boat or who still need to go to Home Depot or whatever for yard work or hobbies.

aturnis 04-15-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 15814260)
find it kind of funny Ford being this ambitious with new tech when they can barely build cars right now due to the chip shortage. I know it's not their fault but man, the shortage couldn't have happened at a worse time for them.

They don't have a choice. It's 100% electric by 2030 or cease to exist. They are doing the right thing. Unfortunately range and cost will be big issues. Not to mention negative margins.

aturnis 04-15-2022 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 15814379)

Agree. Great truck for a contractor though. Lower fuel and maintenance costs. More room for tools and onboard available jobsite power.