ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Handy-Man Corner (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99538)

Iowanian 05-13-2005 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy
Damn baby, looks like an axe fell on that thing. We better tape it back together.

Thats sure to put badgranny in the mood.

Hoover 05-13-2005 11:11 AM

If you are cutting wood and you chop off your big toe, dip your foot into some Kerosene, then dust it with flour, so says my crazy drunk uncle

PastorMikH 05-13-2005 11:45 AM

In a pinch, you can tie two extension ladders together to make a big step ladder. Which is what I had to do today. The Church's video projector is 17 feet above ground and there is nothing to put an extension ladder against. Since the local tool-rental place didn't want to rent me a ladder, I was forced to make my own. It got the job done - though I wouldn't make a habit of it.

ptlyon 05-13-2005 11:51 AM

Boy, that sounds safe.

PastorMikH 05-13-2005 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon
Boy, that sounds safe.

I doubt OSHA would have approved.

Here's a pic....

ptlyon 05-13-2005 12:00 PM

See - there ya have it.

You didn't spread pillows all around it.

Dartgod 05-13-2005 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH

Here's a pic....

Wow, you're awful brave doing that on Friday the 13th and all.

Why wouldn't they rent you a ladder?

Phobia 05-13-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH

Here's a pic....

I'll bet you had a devil of a time rigging that.

ptlyon 05-13-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod

Probably wasn't wearing his collar "thingy" and thought he was a felon.

Dartgod 05-13-2005 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon
Probably wasn't wearing his collar "thingy" and thought he was a felon.

Was he wearing Raider gear?

Phobia 05-13-2005 12:07 PM

Quote:

Would you let him borrow your ladder if he were your neighbor? You know his head alone weighs about 80 lbs.

ptlyon 05-13-2005 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Would you let him borrow your ladder if he were your neighbor? You know his head alone weighs about 80 lbs.

GD - I wish I could rep that but I've already repped you in the "Psi - Unveiling" thread and it won't let me.

PastorMikH 05-13-2005 12:16 PM

Quote:

I didn't realize that it was friday the 13th. Maybe that explains why I didn't get everything finished up in time to play golf. Maybe I didn't want to play golf on friday the 13th either.

I went in, asked the guy what the biggest step ladder he had was, he said it was a 12 footer - which I could have reached everything with but it would have been more of a stretch. Anyhow, he tells me that the 12 footer won't work because it isn't tall enough - said you can't reach higher than 12 foot while standing on it anyway.:rolleyes: Then, I say I'll take it and give it a try anyway, to which he kinda isn't to happy about, then he says, "How you gonna haul it". I told him since I was only going a a dozen or so blocks, I could just let it hang out of my van - to which he had a real conniption. So I just looked at him and said, I guess you don't want to rent it so I'll have to figure something else out. Then I left.

Cntrygal 05-13-2005 12:16 PM

Nice... using a step ladder to increase the height of the wooden ladder.

Dartgod, someone probably told them about his safety record.

PastorMikH 05-13-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
I'll bet you had a devil of a time rigging that.

Not really. Put one ladder on top of the other and tied the top rungs together with rope. The 6 foot step ladder was an after thought as that aluminum "Widow-maker" as I call it, didn't have a very wide stance. After climbing a little way up, I decided to add a rope at the top for a couple of others to hold to steady it up.