ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Pats shopping Mac Jones? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348216)

RedinTexas 03-10-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 17434881)
Damn, I was hoping the donks would snag him!

Don't worry. Paton and the Donks have much bigger and grander plans for failure.

Easy 6 03-10-2024 11:38 AM

Pederson thinks he can polish that turd, lulz

Chris Meck 03-10-2024 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 17434951)
Pederson thinks he can polish that turd, lulz

I imagine he figures that a cheap decent backup is worth a 6th.

Easy 6 03-10-2024 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17434953)
I imagine he figures that a cheap decent backup is worth a 6th.

Yeah he got dude for a ham sammich, not much risk there if he can rehab Mac

Chris Meck 03-10-2024 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 17435045)
Yeah he got dude for a ham sammich, not much risk there if he can rehab Mac

He's a low end starter, for sure, but would be a pretty good backup.

scho63 03-10-2024 01:23 PM

I would rather have mac and cheese rhan Mac Jones

DRM08 03-10-2024 01:24 PM

Hilarious that Belichick used a first round draft pick on this guy.

RealSNR 03-10-2024 01:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YyXlhVQALTc?si=vSRaudRJIlBOoxqE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FloridaMan88 03-10-2024 01:31 PM

Mac Jones is high profile enough of a back-up QB acquisition that if Trevor Lawrence struggles out of the gate… after a terrible finish for him last season… could be trouble.

Mosbonian 03-10-2024 01:45 PM

It's all about bringing him in to hold a clipboard for Lawrence and to be the "local" guy playing in his hometown.

This is all pretty much window dressing much like it would be if KC brought in Drew Lock to be Mahomes backup.

stevegroganfan 03-10-2024 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16890897)
Serious question: how did Mac jones post the numbers he did in college, and then continue to post near-top-10 QBR/Passer Rating stats with no weapons in 2021? Did he just get lucky, or does he actually have some talent?

Besides their other receivers, Alabama had Devonte Smith having an incredible year and Alabama had a great offensive line.

In 2021 Mac Jones had much better pass catching weapons on offense than Cam Newton had in 2020 or Brady had in 2019 or even during his Patriots career before Moss/Welker. In 2020 offseason, Patriots spent a ton of money that year on FA receivers/TEs. They may have only gotten a C+ return for all of that spending and offensive line wasn't that consistent but the amount of spending on skill position players was so high that Mac Jones was throwing to above average talent that year. Patriots had a soft schedule that year from missing playoffs in 2020 and ran up the score in several games.

Mac Jones his rookie year was very good at throwing the ball to the middle of the field when given a reasonable amount of time. That is pretty much all of what he can do at an above average level for an NFL starter so defenses figured that out near the end of his rookie year and he wasn't nearly as effective. He clearly played favorites and a receiver like Nelson Agholor was open a lot more than Mac Jones accurately delivered him the ball.

I wish Jones luck in Jacksonville. With some genuine improvement, he can still be a good NFL starter but it was time for New England to move on.

Buehler445 03-10-2024 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevegroganfan (Post 17435282)
Besides their other receivers, Alabama had Devonte Smith having an incredible year and Alabama had a great offensive line.

In 2021 Mac Jones had much better pass catching weapons on offense than Cam Newton had in 2020 or Brady had in 2019 or even during his Patriots career before Moss/Welker. In 2020 offseason, Patriots spent a ton of money that year on FA receivers/TEs. They may have only gotten a C+ return for all of that spending and offensive line wasn't that consistent but the amount of spending on skill position players was so high that Mac Jones was throwing to above average talent that year. Patriots had a soft schedule that year from missing playoffs in 2020 and ran up the score in several games.

Mac Jones his rookie year was very good at throwing the ball to the middle of the field when given a reasonable amount of time. That is pretty much all of what he can do at an above average level for an NFL starter so defenses figured that out near the end of his rookie year and he wasn't nearly as effective. He clearly played favorites and a receiver like Nelson Agholor was open a lot more than Mac Jones accurately delivered him the ball.

I wish Jones luck in Jacksonville. With some genuine improvement, he can still be a good NFL starter but it was time for New England to move on.

Your bet on who they’re picking?

carcosa 03-10-2024 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17435062)
I would rather have mac and cheese rhan Mac Jones

YOOOOOOO

Rainbarrel 03-11-2024 02:13 AM

Throwback tarping of the seats. If the Prince goes down