ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   RIP rockymtnchief (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340696)

Dayze 11-08-2021 03:23 PM

Godspeed

jdubya 11-08-2021 03:30 PM

So sorry for your loss Bwana, Hondo sounds like a hell of a man. I also respect no athlete more than bull riders....truly badasses

Very touching tribute and stories

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-08-2021 04:07 PM

Never interacted with the poster in question but he seemed like a great man.

God bless his family in their time of sorrow.

alpha_omega 11-08-2021 04:11 PM

RIP

crazycoffey 11-08-2021 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15942350)
I will say he was one of the truly 'genuine' humans I'd ever met. I was around him long enough to realize that's his natural 'personality' - truly heartbreaking news. I'm glad he's not suffering now, though.

RIP Wes <3

I came in to say this exact thing. I wish I could’ve met up with him more often, his smile was contagious.

DaFace 11-08-2021 04:30 PM

I was just poking around at his recent posts and noticed this one from not too long ago. Impressive that he had such a positive attitude about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 15767156)
This is probably a good place to leave this.

March 15th I was diagnosed with uncureable/inoperable stage 4 stomach cancer. I've been doing chemo and the usual treatments since then. We did scans last week to check progress and the chemo isn't working. So they're turning me over to hospice.

I'll still be lurking, but probably won't post much. It was great meeting a bunch of you over the years and thanks for the great entertainment on here. Don't feel bad for me. I've had my bucket list completed for years and I'm in good spirits still.

Take care and GO CHIEFS!!!

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-08-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15943348)
I was just poking around at his recent posts and noticed this one from not too long ago. Impressive that he had such a positive attitude about it.

Thanks for posting, sounds as though he was in a good place and lived a full life.

booger 11-08-2021 04:36 PM

Sounds like he gave it a helluva fight against cancer. Sounds like a great dude and friend/family/brother. Sincerest condolences to you and his entire family and friends. You’re doing great with the stories for those of us who didn’t know him. That’s a wonderful way to honor him along with your plans in the great outdoors where you guys hung out. Sounds like he lived life to the fullest and with a smile on his face. Damn hard to beat that! Times like this are always rough. Hang in there Bwana

RIP Hondo

Dartgod 11-08-2021 04:54 PM

I can't say I spent much time interacting with him. I'm sure I met him at one of the many CP gatherings over the years.

That said, I'm truly sorry for the loss of your friend Bwana. I have a couple of buddies like that from CP and I'd be devastated if either of them suffered the same fate.

RIP

WilliamTheIrish 11-08-2021 04:55 PM

Bwana (”Bawan”),

Buddy, I hope all is well with you. Am sorry to read of this loss. It’s tragic. First images I’ve seen of RMC. And as somebody mentioned earlier, that name “Hondo” fits the man.

May he travel quickly to the next life.

seclark 11-08-2021 05:59 PM

Rip Hondo
sec

REDHOTGTO 11-08-2021 06:17 PM

always sad to lose a friend, lost 6 last year myself, it never get easier

Katipan 11-08-2021 06:29 PM

💔

Halfcan 11-08-2021 06:35 PM

Sorry for your loss- I always really liked him.

Did he go to Chrisman in Independence?

Al Czervik 11-08-2021 06:39 PM

Damn sorry to hear that Bwana......
Dudes like that dont come around that often anymore.
RIP Hondo