ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs To those going to the game: Please follow the Chiefs rules today. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333481)

Fish 09-10-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157449)
I guess if there's one hope, the network will most likely be so focused on the new social messaging that the mask stuff gets overlooked. :D

There's a good chance that's what happens. The players have already been saying they have something planned for the game...

Quote:

And three minutes before kickoff here in Kansas City, as a national audience of millions watches from their homes, Chiefs players will likely turn the reminders outward.

To you.

With a gesture they’ve declined to publicly reveal ahead of time, they expect to step aside from football and place the spotlight once more on a topic that has enveloped Main Streets across the country.

Social justice.

Or social injustice.

Chiefs and Texans players have hinted they will prompt all of us to examine a real-world problem, all the while knowing some have craved this game as an avenue in which to briefly ignore it. They aren’t revealing what the act will entail — a kneel during the anthem, a fist in the air, an article of clothing with a message or some sort of alternative —but they have implied a plan to do something.

Something that might tick off some of you at home who would prefer athletes stick to sports and shut up and play, like gladiators inside a coliseum.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...245595885.html

tk13 09-10-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15157437)
I doubt anyone that is going to the cost and trouble of attending is going with the intention of being outright defiant. Unfortunately, i feel like the fate of future games is going to be on how the media chooses to frame it. I will be ****ing livid if the broadcast starts focusing on any non-compliance. That's up to the organization to handle.

Eh given how psycho some people are about wearing a mask I wouldn't be so sure. I can see the ushers having some real knockdown battles. I wouldn't want to be them. Just look at the 12 million videos of people throwing a fit in a store. This whole pandemic has really revealed the number of people who get off on trolling.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15157460)
My problem with this is that it always is one side that has to compromise for the good of the other side. It’s been that way all of my life, and I know I’m no where near the only one fed up with it. Unless the other side starts showing some consideration, expect the heels to just dig in deeper.

I know it doesn't seem fair but the only way to completely guarantee that we always remain divided is for you to refuse to compromise. Be an example, it may just work.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15157469)
There's a good chance that's what happens. The players have already been saying they have something planned for the game...

What a great article. Until the last sentence. They just had to get that in there, didn't they?

dirk digler 09-10-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15157330)
To me it's about setting an example to ensure other teams can follow suit. Conversely, Chiefs could decide to pull all the fans.

I agree. Also the more likely scenario would be the city\county not allowing the Chiefs to have fans if there are any issues.

Raiderhater 09-10-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157475)
I know it doesn't seem fair but the only way to completely guarantee that we always remain divided is for you to refuse to compromise. Be an example, it may just work.

No, I don’t believe I will.

The problem with continually surrendering ground is that eventually you run out of ground to surrender. And then what?

htismaqe 09-10-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15157509)
No, I don’t believe I will.

The problem with continually surrendering ground is that eventually you run out of ground to surrender. And then what?

That seems rather fatalistic. Basically you're saying you've given up trying to be part of the solution because there is no solution.

I get it but man, that sucks. :(

FloridaMan88 09-10-2020 12:13 PM

There probably won’t be many camera angles showcasing the crowd as the game will likely be broadcast similar to those lower tier made for TV college bowl games where the camera is focused mostly on the field to minimize empty crowd shots.

wazu 09-10-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15157530)
There probably won’t be many camera angles showcasing the crowd as the game will likely be broadcast similar to those lower tier made for TV college bowl games where the camera is focused mostly on the field to minimize empty crowd shots.

Scolds will always find a way.

Raiderhater 09-10-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157515)
That seems rather fatalistic. Basically you're saying you've given up trying to be part of the solution because there is no solution.

I get it but man, that sucks. :(

There is a solution but, most people can’t face it because they can’t face the reality of the “no quarter given” movement we are up against. The people pushing these agendas cannot be reasoned with in their attempt to reimagine our identity as a people. And unless the decent and reasonable people come to this realization we are just going to continue to surrender until it’s all gone.

I haven’t given up on being part of the solution at all, I’m holding ground best I can mostly by myself just waiting for the rest of you to come to grips with the reality of the situation and join me in pushing back against this transformation.

Demonpenz 09-10-2020 12:25 PM

I predict no fans by week 3 and cancelled season week 5

ptlyon 09-10-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 15157555)
I predict no fans by week 3 and cancelled season week 5

We still win, right?

luv 09-10-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15157124)
I'll be going to the "other" football game taking place tonight... Miami vs UAB college football game at Hard Rock Stadium (in a suite with the Chiefs game on TV with audio) and they sent us this e-mail notification in advance regarding masks, which I would imagine will be a similar protocol at Arrowhead as well...

When we went up for training camp, there were people carrying signs saying "Masks Required". They were coming over and talking to people not wearing them telling them to get them on. I don't know what they're going to do after that, though.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 15157653)
When we went up for training camp, there were people carrying signs saying "Masks Required". They were coming over and talking to people not wearing them telling them to get them on. I don't know what they're going to do after that, though.

There's not much they can do other than try to make them leave, most likely.

luv 09-10-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15157245)
If somehow there are ANY Texans fans in the stands, that would suck!

I'm sure the goal in selling tickets at high prices to season ticket members first was a plan in order to try to prevent that. Tickets were high, and even those who bought them, even in pods, were reselling them. There's bound to be some there.