ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football FedEx asks Redskins to change name (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332194)

wazu 01-05-2022 11:57 AM

Admirals is lame. After hearing about what Jag fans are doing this week, I really think Washington should have gone with "Washington Clownshow". Just imagine all you could do with that. The crowd could dress up and the pan around the stands would be nightmare fuel for all opposing players and fans.

Rain Man 01-05-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16053551)
Better than a WNBA team name.

I hate mascots that don't end in an s.

Your team is made up of players. Each player has a mind, body, and makes his own decisions. Together, they act individually, but work as a TEAM.

They're not a substance. Or an idea. Your kicker is not some idea. It's not a "dream" or a "liberty."

Plus, it's more intimidating to know that you're about to play the Washington Football Teams.

RealSNR 01-05-2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16053546)
I was really into the University of North Dakota Ermines, but the leadership of the university had no artistic sensibilities at all.

I'm still really pissed about that.

Everybody in town still wears Fighting Sioux gear. Because Fighting Hawks is the dumbest thing they could have come up with. When I saw that was one of the names that made the cut to 20 or whatever it was, I thought that was some kind of joke, like every person on the committee said, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I voted for the worst one?"

This is how we will one day have Seymour Butts as president, people.

Rain Man 01-05-2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 16053558)
Admirals is lame. After hearing about what Jag fans are doing this week, I really think Washington should have gone with "Washington Clownshow". Just imagine all you could do with that. The crowd could dress up and the pan around the stands would be nightmare fuel for all opposing players and fans.

It would still be better than Red Tails. If my football team changed their name to that, I'd switch teams.

(And I don't care about the history or politics. I'm just talking about the name "Red Tails". It's a terrible name.)

RealSNR 01-05-2022 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16053553)
RealSNRS

I can do it if you want me to, lol

Washington RealSNRs? That sounds flashy!

Curé 01-05-2022 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16053086)
Already been ruled out.

good. that's our name when they force the chiefs to change. kansas city red wolves. drink it in.

because our mascot is a nightmare wolf/raccoon hybrid. it fits.

KCUnited 01-05-2022 12:13 PM

The Washington Carvers was a missed opportunity

Rain Man 01-05-2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16053563)
I'm still really pissed about that.

Everybody in town still wears Fighting Sioux gear. Because Fighting Hawks is the dumbest thing they could have come up with. When I saw that was one of the names that made the cut to 20 or whatever it was, I thought that was some kind of joke, like every person on the committee said, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I voted for the worst one?"

This is how we will one day have Seymour Butts as president, people.

I'm convinced that if they had gone with Ermines they would be one of the top college athletic programs in the country right now.

Bearcat 01-05-2022 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16053551)
Better than a WNBA team name.

I hate mascots that don't end in an s.

Your team is made up of players. Each player has a mind, body, and makes his own decisions. Together, they act individually, but work as a TEAM.

They're not a substance. Or an idea. Your kicker is not some idea. It's not a "dream" or a "liberty."

I like Avalanche, because your team can act like a massive pile of snow and destroy other teams in its path.

ThaVirus 01-05-2022 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16053478)
Redtails would've been much worse

I actually like Redtails. Really, I liked all of the "Red" names I heard thrown around: Redwolves, Redtails, Redhawks (that's a new one but sounds cool enough).

Admirals isn't bad. Commanders wouldn't have been terrible either.

RealSNR 01-05-2022 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16053619)
I like Avalanche, because your team can act like a massive pile of snow and destroy other teams in its path.

It’s fine that the NHL lets the Avalanche, Wild, and Kraken through.

But the NFL likes the idea of tradition. It doesn’t want some modern conceptual mascot muddying up the works

MarkDavis'Haircut 01-05-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curé (Post 16053589)
good. that's our name when they force the chiefs to change. kansas city red wolves. drink it in.

because our mascot is a nightmare wolf/raccoon hybrid. it fits.

Braves and Chiefs are next on the agenda.

Give it 5-10 years.

Balto 01-05-2022 12:56 PM

I still like the idea of keeping "Kansas City Chiefs" but change the Native American theme to a First Responders type theme.

Something kinda like this..

https://media.cdn.lexipol.com/articl...C0%2C420%2C360

PunkinDrublic 01-05-2022 01:01 PM

I see nothing wrong with Washington Hogs. A lot of their fans called the Redskins the hogs so it’s a nod to their tradition.

Valiant 01-05-2022 01:03 PM

Chiefs should just move to Celtic or European design.

The word is french origin after all.