ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Gadzooks 10-05-2015 07:08 PM

Get your ass in there and bleed all over their stuff. I'm sure they'll be happy to figure out the problem post-haste.:cuss:

Lonewolf Ed 10-05-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 11778024)
Get your ass in there and bleed all over their stuff. I'm sure they'll be happy to figure out the problem post-haste.:cuss:

All I have to do is blow my nose as I did earlier, and 7 of the little blisters burst. I have dried blood spots all over my nose now.

Lonewolf Ed 10-06-2015 09:33 AM

I guess I got some good news today. My hideous rash is a good thing, the doc said. She said people who get the worst rashes, and I am one, tend to live longer due to the effectiveness of the treatment in my bloodstream. I am going to start on prednisone today in addition to the other stuff I am on. I am not getting the treatment that gives me the rash today, but it will still be on me for a month or more. I will be getting the new chemo that made me puke the day after, though. I am prepared with strategically placed raaaalf buckets in the house.

GloryDayz 10-06-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11778944)
I guess I got some good news today. My hideous rash is a good thing, the doc said. She said people who get the worst rashes, and I am one, tend to live longer due to the effectiveness of the treatment in my bloodstream. I am going to start on prednisone today in addition to the other stuff I am on. I am not getting the treatment that gives me the rash today, but it will still be on me for a month or more. I will be getting the new chemo that made me puke the day after, though. I am prepared with strategically placed raaaalf buckets in the house.

Woot, F'n WOOT!

Buehler445 10-06-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11778944)

Glad your shitty rash is good news.

You're so damn inspirational, Ed. There is no way I'd want to cook a huge meal after chemo. Keep fighting and kicking ass. Get that Viking a sharpening stone for that battle axe.

Meatloaf 10-06-2015 10:25 AM

Yes, that does sound like good news, Ed. Lost the blister battle, but winning the war!!! You are a strong man. Can you play QB?

Lonewolf Ed 10-06-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11779080)
Glad your shitty rash is good news.

You're so damn inspirational, Ed. There is no way I'd want to cook a huge meal after chemo. Keep fighting and kicking ass. Get that Viking a sharpening stone for that battle axe.

Well, I did get the red cabbage done yesterday, so I am head of the game already. I am hungry for the big dinner I am planning, so I have to cook it up. If I start lagging, I will just imagine Gordon Ramsey coming and yelling at me, then I should be back on track!

Lonewolf Ed 10-06-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 11779082)
Yes, that does sound like good news, Ed. Lost the blister battle, but winning the war!!! You are a strong man. Can you play QB?

I can't play QB, as I am too old, slow, and my hands are small like Dave Krieg's.

Lonewolf Ed 10-07-2015 10:14 AM

It seems, so far, the pattern from last week is not repeating. At this time a week ago, I had my first session with throwing up, followed by two more sessions. I am hungry now and that is the only discomfort I feel in my gut. Still have hair, too, and the rash is drier and hurts less so I slept pretty well last night. I do have the ralf bucket handy as a precaution, though.

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2015 11:11 AM

Good to hear, Ed.

Lonewolf Ed 10-07-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11781066)
Good to hear, Ed.

How are things going with you? Have to decided not to get a port?

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2015 11:13 AM

I'm actually about to get my 2nd rd of Avastin soon IV is in.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-07-2015 06:15 PM

Still praying for both of you chuckle heads and that damned fatty-lovin' Sacc too.

Lonewolf Ed 10-07-2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11781070)
I'm actually about to get my 2nd rd of Avastin soon IV is in.

The way my veins blow, and the last time it was just from having an IV in me for two days and felt like someone took a hammer to back of my hand, I'd probably be getting treatments started from between my toes by now if not for my port. I am glad for you if you don't need one, since there is a risk of infection and it happened to me with my first port.

go bo 10-07-2015 10:00 PM

i check in most days to see how you two are doing, but i don't often post...

it's inspiring to see you guys face the struggles you're going through with such dignity and at the same time humor...

hang in there, it's possible to beat cancer, my sister did at age 70...