ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

MikeMaslowski 03-29-2016 07:07 AM

Not sure if mentioned, Kim said she was from a small town on Kan/Neb border. Go Royals!

Lex Luthor 03-29-2016 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 12154439)
Half-measures haunting him. It is not for her at all either. He knows what a (insert meanie name here) she is.

Mike took a half-measure with Tuco Salamanca. That is not working out well either.

frankotank 03-29-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12154338)
I despise Mikes daughter in law. Shes sooo willing to take hand outs, for no real good reason. She has one kid, a job, and lives in a super affordable part of the country. Booofrickinwho

dude....I was thinking the same thing. when she was hugging him....blek....fake bitch.

frankotank 03-29-2016 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 12154439)
Half-measures haunting him. It is not for her at all either. He knows what a BITCH she is.

FYP :D

frankotank 03-29-2016 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 12154441)
Not sure if mentioned, Kim said she was from a small town on Kan/Neb border. Go Royals!

interestingly enough....somewhere in this very thread someone surmised that she is probably from nebraska (which I thought was weird when I read it...cause...why not guess KS or MO) and that is the reason she's wearing the Royals shirt.

frankotank 03-29-2016 08:06 AM

I thought the transition from the wind blowey guy to the colorful Saul suits was awesome!
when he's driving away from it smiling I was like WTF is he gonna do now. awesome.
I'da rocked those man! hahaha. I liked them!

Chiefspants 03-29-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12154488)
interestingly enough....somewhere in this very thread someone surmised that she is probably from nebraska (which I thought was weird when I read it...cause...why not guess KS or MO) and that is the reason she's wearing the Royals shirt.

This makes Jimmy's landing in Omaha feel like it isn't a narrative accident.

frankotank 03-29-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12154507)

WOH!

http://45.media.tumblr.com/d24c9e4d8...y2zbo1_500.gif

Gonzo 03-29-2016 08:47 AM

Wacky-waving, inflatable, arm-flailing tube man ftmfw.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12134831)
It's entirely possible that Chuck's story was 100 percent true. But let's remember: It was told completely from his POV.

I think there's room for skepticism. For instance, he told Kim his father was a paragon of honesty, a saint, really put him on a pedestal. Thus, he couldn't imagine Dad doing anything remotely wrong.

So what if ... that $14,000 missing from the business was actually Dad spending a bit on, say, gambling, or some other vice. Chuck's idealization of his Dad -- and his inherent dislike/distrust of his brother -- may have led him to wrongly assume Jimmy skimmed the money. His Dad wouldn't accept that because he knew Jimmy was innocent, but he was too guilt-ridden to fess up to Chuck.

Oh Kim...I mean Khatru. You just keep putting your faith in Jimmy and he just keeps burning you. Was it Chuck's fault that a con-man convinced 9 yr old Jimmy to steal from the till as well?

Jimmy's has a soft heart and a bad BAAAAD moral compass. That's not Chuck's fault, nor is Chuck the bad guy for seeing Jimmy for who he is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12145405)
You're right in that means; I just feel Jimmy's crookedness will be amplified by his frustrations with Chuck.

I guess my intentions were that Jimmy wouldn't become Saul as we know him without a slight nudge from Chuck's continuous distrust and anticipatory treatment of Jimmy.

It sure looks to me like Jimmy became Saul after he decided to embrace who he truly was. Despite all the hang-wringing over the 'path' that Chuck put Jimmy on, Jimmy had made partner at a successful, straight arrow firm and he intentionally sabotaged that. All the roadblocks (fair as they were) put up by Chuck had been cleared. That's on Jimmy and has nothing to do with Chuck.

It was Jimmy's realization of self that put him on the path to becoming Saul. Hell, if anything, striving to be Chuck is the only thing that pushed that off for a few years.

Swanman 03-29-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12154536)
Oh Kim...I mean Khatru. You just keep putting your faith in Jimmy and he just keeps burning you. Was it Chuck's fault that a con-man convinced 9 yr old Jimmy to steal from the till as well?

You could tell from the kid Jimmy's reaction that he came to the realization that his dad was a soft bitch that would never change. I love how he just said **** it at the end of the scene and stole from his dad as well.

Anyong Bluth 03-29-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12154338)
I despise Mikes daughter in law. Shes sooo willing to take hand outs, for no real good reason. She has one kid, a job, and lives in a super affordable part of the country. Booofrickinwho

She's mentally ill, you know that right?

Anyong Bluth 03-29-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12154507)

Is it ever with Vince?

Anyong Bluth 03-29-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12154536)

Jimmy's has a soft heart and a bad BAAAAD moral compass. That's not Chuck's fault, nor is Chuck the bad guy for seeing Jimmy for who he is.

It sure looks to me like Jimmy became Saul after he decided to embrace who he truly was. Despite all the hang-wringing over the 'path' that Chuck put Jimmy on, Jimmy had made partner at a successful, straight arrow firm and he intentionally sabotaged that. All the roadblocks (fair as they were) put up by Chuck had been cleared. That's on Jimmy and has nothing to do with Chuck.

It was Jimmy's realization of self that put him on the path to becoming Saul. Hell, if anything, striving to be Chuck is the only thing that pushed that off for a few years.

That's sort of the beginning of his breaking bad point you could say. He had the gift of charm, and to sniff out bs. He was trying to save his dad from himself. The sheep and wolf line stuck, and even though Jimmy makes his choices, it definitely skews his worldview that you are either playing the game or being played.

I have a feeling Jimmy isn't completely at fault for the store, even if he lifted from the register. It's never going to be so black and white, and I have a feeling someone else may be leaning on his dad, possibly for protection money, that will be the cause. The whole scene seems like a red herring to get the audience to see that brief scene and jump to forming an opinion.

Otter 03-29-2016 01:39 PM

Great episode. I love this show.</br></br> Seems like the writers should have had at least included some input from Jimmy's brother somewhere between the beginning and the end of the meltdown at the law firm just to make it a little more realistic. He conveniently vanished during a process he would have played a considerable role in deciding the outcome.</br></br> I didn't think Mike wasn't going to let go of them threatening Kaylee. No way. It's the one thing in his life that has been tainted.</br></br> Just a guess here, no spoilers: since everyone in the room where Mike had the meeting about accepting responsibility for Tuco's gun is still alive and well in Breaking Bad I have a strong suspicion Mike is going to be the man responsible for Hector being shaky and wheel chair bound.