ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

Rausch 05-06-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15664466)
Yep. It's what I figured. All these media dipshits saying stuff they want to happen NOT factually what is going on.

Clicks = Cash...

RunKC 05-06-2021 12:54 PM

The Packers are going to trade him eventually. You can’t just draft Love and be ever play him.

That would be completely idiotic. But hey this is Gutekunst we’re talking about here

Frazod 05-06-2021 01:03 PM

I saw something on YouTube about this last night (no link/don't care/find it yourself) that speculated that nothing would happen until the new league year starts on June 1, because after that the cap hit for dealing him will lessen. So maybe this happens then. Who knows?

What I do know is that any Donx fan who thinks Rodgers will be their personal lord and savior should carefully watch the second half of their home loss to Tampa. If he couldn't turn three Brady picks into points, what the hell is he going to do with multiple Mahomes touchdowns? Have fun, ladies. LMAO

htismaqe 05-06-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15664493)
I saw something on YouTube about this last night (no link/don't care/find it yourself) that speculated that nothing would happen until the new league year starts on June 1, because after that the cap hit for dealing him will lessen. So maybe this happens then. Who knows?

What I do know is that any Donx fan who thinks Rodgers will be their personal lord and savior should carefully watch the second half of their home loss to Tampa. If he couldn't turn three Brady picks into points, what the hell is he going to do with multiple Mahomes touchdowns? Have fun, ladies. LMAO

Especially if they have to trade someone like Chubb or Jeudy to get him.

alpha_omega 05-06-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15664468)
So what's the latest update? Is the Rodgers drama a hoax?!

Not sure, but he's still a dick.

Frazod 05-06-2021 01:11 PM

I also watched a clip of him hosting Jeopardy last night. He has all the personality of a talking tree.

Good luck landing that gig.

DaneMcCloud 05-06-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15664478)
The Packers are going to trade him eventually. You can’t just draft Love and be ever play him.

That would be completely idiotic. But hey this is Gutekunst we’re talking about here

Part of me want to see Gutekunst and the rest of the Packers, from Mark Murphy on down, fired. They were absolutely stupid to hire that man and since Mark Murphy has been president of the Packers, they've dicked around Favre and now Rodgers.

But, the other part of me wants to see Gutekunst extended, mainly because he sucks ****ing ass. Packers fans are almost as spoiled as Patriots fans, so it would be nice to see them suck for the next 10, 20 or 30 years.

TribalElder 05-06-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

The packers are ****ing stupid though

they let rodgers sit for 3 seasons didn't they?

don't underestimate their ability to mismanage this situation

notorious 05-06-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15664441)
That'd probably do it.

Julio and DeVante combo? Yeah, he'd stay for that.

It is honestly what they need to put them over the top, too.

2 top 5 WRs on the same team? JFC

KChiefs1 05-06-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15664353)
How big of a piece of shit is Schefter?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pKSc_h02fGk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

smithandrew051 05-06-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15664468)
So what's the latest update? Is the Rodgers drama a hoax?!

Lawsuits dropping from Kenosha masseuses any day now

notorious 05-06-2021 01:25 PM

Green Bay doesn’t have a future past Rodgers. They need to load up now and never look back.

We know how hard it is just to get the chance at a SB. You need to use every bullet in the gun when the window is open.

Denver is desperate, they need to sell the farm to get Rodger, too.

Giant Octopodes 05-06-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Rodgers is 37. He's near the end. And spare me the 'did you see him last season' bit. Manning at 37 threw for 5477 yards, 55 TDs, and completed 68.3% of his passes. He was good for a year and a half more, then he fell apart. Sure, the injury and all, but these things happen as you get older. Brees at 37 threw for 5208 yards, 37 TDs, and completed 70% of his passes. He was good for 2 more years, then never again started all 16 games or passed for more than 3000 yards in a season.

And Brees was a guy who took great care of himself, publicly stated he had a similar level of commitment to Brady in terms of taking care of his body, he just didn't 'brag about it as much'. Rodgers conversely is a regular bourbon drinker and smokes cigars, which don't exactly do wonders for prolonging your NFL career.

Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Favre because he could still play and was still the best option. Then Favre retired, and they were ready because they had proactively drafted Rodgers. Currently, as it stands, Rodgers is threatening to not play. Imagine the pickle they'd be in if they didn't have Love.

Drafting a QB early doesn't mean you *have* to start them, it just means you have options. The worst case scenario, it goes like it did with Jimmy G and Brady, and the vet continues to play at a high level long enough to where you end up having to trade the new guy. Rodgers just apparently is too threatened by the competition or something, to where he's not willing to play things out. And again, in that case, having other options available at this point seems like great foresight to me, just saying.

It's always tricky to try to time these things, but tldr getting ready in case your 37 year old QB doesn't have long left in his career is imho the opposite of idiotic.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-06-2021 01:52 PM

5 head took hgh you realize that right? Fell apart immediately the stricter testing started. Brady is on something undetectable....

htismaqe 05-06-2021 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15664567)
5 head took hgh you realize that right? Fell apart immediately the stricter testing started. Brady is on something undetectable....

Adrenochrome.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....812&f=1&nofb=1