ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321485)

Titty Meat 08-29-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16433904)
I appreciate Denver swooping in there and keeping me from making a mistake with Malik Willis. Good lookin' out, bro...

Somewhat less cool was watching my top 5 WR options all go off the board in 6 picks. Dotson was an okay consolation prize but being a couple spots off the sweet spot there really stung a bit.

Oh well - at least I'm not paying more for my first round rookie than he'd have cost as a tier 3 free agent. Just spectacular cap management from the Billygoats.

Adams is head and shoulders better than anyone of your poverty WRs

DJ's left nut 08-29-2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16433937)
Adams is head and shoulders better than anyone of your poverty WRs

Not gonna help him catch passes skipped into the dirt.

And St. Brown/McLaurin is still a hell of a duo. And I have an intact offensive line.

TambaBerry 08-29-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16433904)
I appreciate Denver swooping in there and keeping me from making a mistake with Malik Willis. Good lookin' out, bro...

Somewhat less cool was watching my top 5 WR options all go off the board in 6 picks. Dotson was an okay consolation prize but being a couple spots off the sweet spot there really stung a bit.

Oh well - at least I'm not paying more for my first round rookie than he'd have cost as a tier 3 free agent. Just spectacular cap management from the Billygoats.

I wanted a wr and Pickens to me was the best one left. Not real happy how it fell to me.

TambaBerry 08-29-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16433883)
He deserves a better team his GM is an idiot.

ill do herbert for nick bosa, jalen ramsey, and deebo. As long as their contracts are long.

rtmike 08-29-2022 11:48 AM

A person's gotta be careful taking over teams and then find out the previous GM come from the Rams & traded away good draft picks for a 40 man roster with a pile of free agents, lol.

If I built a team like that, I'd give up too, lol.

DJ's left nut 08-29-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16434025)
ill do herbert for nick bosa, jalen ramsey, and deebo. As long as their contracts are long.

I’ll be your Huckleberry…

rtmike 08-29-2022 01:32 PM

I was gonna snag Willis to keep you two from getting him and I need qb help.

I gotta keep working on this D tho.

Titty Meat 08-29-2022 01:49 PM

Was surprised Willis went so early I had a 3rd round grade on him. Also surprised Wilson slid arguably the best WR in the class

DJ's left nut 08-29-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16434503)
Was surprised Willis went so early I had a 3rd round grade on him. Also surprised Wilson slid arguably the best WR in the class

I’m not sure I’d have taken him - WR3 is pretty critical for me and Tannehill is still better than most have. But I’d have grabbed him in the 2nd since he’sTannehill’s competition.

And yeah - I was really hoping Wilson would keep sliding. Definitely the guy I wanted there.

DJ's left nut 08-29-2022 02:15 PM

Playing with Mayfield for awhile has gotten me over my hatred of Ryan Tannehill a bit.

Tannehill wasn't as good this year as he was the season prior, but he threw for like 75 touchdowns and 3 interceptions the season prior. That wasn't ever happening again.

This year he was very possibly still the best QB in Sandbox. I don't actually have the QB problem I'm trying to convince myself I do. He just frustrated me a bit by taking a step back from his impossibly good year the season before.

EDIT: I was wrong - 83 touchdowns to 2 interceptions the season prior. 7400 passing yards and a 140 QB Rating. Yeah - seems unreasonable to hold him to that standard going forward. 5500, 56 and 13 to go with a 120 passer rating seems like it should satisfy me.

Titty Meat 08-29-2022 02:18 PM

Tannehill puts up numbers for you but he also turns it over
Perfect for Frost's system

DJ's left nut 08-29-2022 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16434568)
Tannehill puts up numbers for you but he also turns it over
Perfect for Frost's system

He didn't two years ago.

And even last year - a 2% interception rate isn't anything to scoff at. He just always seemed to pick the wrong time to turn it over.

But I do have Christian McAffrey coming back this year. Getting CMC back in the lineup should really help cut back on the turnovers. Some of those forced passes should be nice little dump offs for 6-8 yards.

rtmike 08-29-2022 03:09 PM

Is Austin Invaders from Raiders1 a CP member?

There's no way I could pass up getting paid to move up 20 spots.

I was hesitant thinking I was missing something but now I'll keep a couple of the jags he give me to replace free agents and dump the others. lol.

Now i see UrrabumTerd is in chiefs1, lol.

Titty Meat 08-29-2022 04:39 PM

Samuel,Adams, Cedric Wilson, Skyy Moore, AJ Green

Street Free Agent QB gonna eat

Titty Meat 08-29-2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 16434723)

I was hesitant thinking I was missing something but now I'll keep a couple of the jags he give me to replace free agents and dump the others. lol.

What team are you?

rtmike 08-29-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16434884)
What team are you?

We just traded. I took over Carson City last year.
My og team is Vancouver Volcanos . Wind From West, forget my beta username Been part of this since beginning but am not as quick witted as you guys so kept mouth shut all these years.

Great trade btw. Most gms only look out for their team and never offer equal compensation.

Only reason I let Cedrick go was their wr room is sorta like ours. They got a couple rookie WR really showing out now too.

cdcox 08-29-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16434880)
Samuel,Adams, Cedric Wilson, Skyy Moore, AJ Green

Street Free Agent QB gonna eat

Street free agents are going to be downgraded this year at all positions.

Titty Meat 08-29-2022 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16435002)

That's OK I just got Matt Ryan

rtmike 08-29-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16435002)

You said something about the running QBs being more susceptible to injury earlier in the year when gms were doing nothing but running them and never passing and nothing changed. I still get my ass kicked, lol.
No change!
Why do you think Willis is all of a sudden popular, lol.

We have no idea what this new "upgrade" favors and eliminates so we're all guessing. That's why I wanted Willus, lol.

cdcox 08-29-2022 06:29 PM

My OL in Chiefs1 was gutted by retirements: Andrew Whitworth (expected), J.C. Tretter, and Ali Marpet. I fixed the interior line with G Zion Johnson and C Cam Jurgens. Added Trent McDuffie to the corner position and Chris Olave at WR. Having 3 picks in the top 17 was fun, even though we downgraded at the WR position by dealing DeVante Adams. If the rookies develop we’ll be similar talent wise, but we got way younger. We should be able to continue our playoff appearances, but we need a couple more miracle drafts before we can challenge for the championship. The Mules are Marty’s Chiefs.

cdcox 08-29-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 16435015)
You said something about the running QBs being more susceptible to injury earlier in the year when gms were doing nothing but running them and never passing and nothing changed. I still get my ass kicked, lol.
No change!
Why do you think Willis is all of a sudden popular, lol.

We have no idea what this new "upgrade" favors and eliminates so we're all guessing. That's why I wanted Willus, lol.

As long as your QB run frequency is similar to how often he runs in the NFL, you’ll be fine.

rtmike 08-29-2022 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16435009)
That's OK I just got Matt Ryan

Tbh, I think hes gonna rock this year.
His team mates don't like him cause he gets on their ass...zackly what that team needed.

Imo, it's Buffalo, Baltimore (until Lamar gets hurt)& Indy this year that are the biggest threat in the afc to us.

TambaBerry 08-29-2022 06:34 PM

Anyone interested in Jamaal Adams

Titty Meat 08-29-2022 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16435040)
My OL in Chiefs1 was gutted by retirements: Andrew Whitworth (expected), J.C. Tretter, and Ali Marpet. I fixed the interior line with G Zion Johnson and C Cam Jurgens. Added Trent McDuffie to the corner position and Chris Olave at WR. Having 3 picks in the top 17 was fun, even though we downgraded at the WR position by dealing DeVante Adams. If the rookies develop we’ll be similar talent wise, but we got way younger. We should be able to continue our playoff appearances, but we need a couple more miracle drafts before we can challenge for the championship. The Mules are Marty’s Chiefs.

Really surprised all it took was a 1st to get Adams. Elite WRs in this league in FA tend to go for absurd amounts of money same with good defensive tackles

rtmike 08-29-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16435043)
As long as your QB run frequency is similar to how often he runs in the NFL, you’ll be fine.

I can show screen saves of Lamar running 50x and never passing. Ffs, he's ran for 400+ on me, lol.
Is that normal in the NFL?

I know one of my teams can wreck havoc on the qb with certain plans & opponents. So am I supposed to be "turned" down too? A fellow GM in another league isn't happy I sack him8-12 times.
Then we have the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice in Deonte Harris, who?
DJs nutz & I will say it's gameplanning but we all know better.

If you turn my shit down I sure the f hope you do it for the other break outs!
I wanna see this Sim succeed. I'm in contact with several other league GMs. I'm not just saying shit to bitch.

Titty Meat 08-29-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 16435044)
Tbh, I think hes gonna rock this year.
His team mates don't like him cause he gets on their ass...zackly what that team needed.

Imo, it's Buffalo, Baltimore (until Lamar gets hurt)& Indy this year that are the biggest threat in the afc to us.

I think playing behind a good line and having Taylor will help him IRL.

cdcox 08-29-2022 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16435068)
Really surprised all it took was a 1st to get Adams. Elite WRs in this league in FA tend to go for absurd amounts of money same with good defensive tackles

I probably undervalued him because of no contract and him turning 30 before the season is over. I have more free agents than I will be able to sign. I decided on a youth movement figuring this was a good draft to pick up receivers.

Titty Meat 08-29-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16435126)
I probably undervalued him because of no contract and him turning 30 before the season is over. I have more free agents than I will be able to sign. I decided on a youth movement figuring this was a good draft to pick up receivers.

It was a good move for both teams. 13th became a luxury for me once I got that 10th pick combined with those 2's and the 4 total 1&2s next year. I didn't want to do a total rebuild wanted to be able to get some impact guys and infuse young talent.

DJ's left nut 08-29-2022 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16435040)

That's why I figured Tunsil may have some appeal to you. I could get by with Dawkins at LT and Borom at RT.

But you wanted the pick so it is what it is...

DJ's left nut 08-29-2022 08:44 PM

Took a big ol' swing there with Sam Williams.

But dammit, I believe in that talent. He's a top 15 talent if he can just get his head on straight. There were safer picks there but there's just so much possible upside in Williams and a dynamic DE is real hard to get your hands on in this league.

lewdog 08-29-2022 09:08 PM

Drafting guys in real time with no stats to go on is pretty killer.

Titty Meat 08-29-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16435273)
Took a big ol' swing there with Sam Williams.

But dammit, I believe in that talent. He's a top 15 talent if he can just get his head on straight. There were safer picks there but there's just so much possible upside in Williams and a dynamic DE is real hard to get your hands on in this league.

Yeah he's got experience losing to Bama it will be the same against the Billygoats. Great pick in that regard

lewdog 08-30-2022 07:44 PM

Hard to draft in the middle of the work day when you're only given an hour to pick.

**** you guys!

cdcox 08-30-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16437144)
Hard to draft in the middle of the work day when you're only given an hour to pick.

**** you guys!

Set your draft board, or at least put a bunch of potential players you want on it so the selection can be done quickly.

Old Dog 08-31-2022 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16437144)

**** you guys!

Better than at 4:15 in the ****ing morning when I hit the clock apparently.

DJ's left nut 08-31-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16435142)
It was a good move for both teams. 13th became a luxury for me once I got that 10th pick combined with those 2's and the 4 total 1&2s next year. I didn't want to do a total rebuild wanted to be able to get some impact guys and infuse young talent.

Send you a trade up offer.

DJ's left nut 08-31-2022 09:33 AM

Phew - took a gamble there; was thinking of standing pat and seeing if Tolbert would fall to me at 94 but with him off the board at 91, I'd have been looking at guys I'm just not a big fan of.

Maybe Ridder would've fallen but Velus Jones is the only guy taken ahead of him left on the board - I had to worry about the possibility of him being auto-picked on me by someone who forgot to set a draft board (though Crown Point and Denver are unlikely to have neglected to do so).

Still pretty content with that move, though. At a Round 4 price tag I can be fairly aggressive with my contract offer with little risk and maybe end up with a viable long-term developmental guy.

Not sure he's ever gonna be great - but he's smart and that's half the battle.

So with Ridder and Williams, that's a couple of pretty high risk possibilities. Probably sholdn't have made that Baker Mayfield deal in Hindsight. I would've taken Alec Pierce at 70 and unless Baker really shows out this year, I'm not sure I'd be able to get that kind of return for him in trade.

DJ's left nut 08-31-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16434254)
I’ll be your Huckleberry…

C'mon Tamba - shit or get off the pot.

I pulled my offer but you know what I had out there so if you're interested, I'd still ponder...

DJ's left nut 08-31-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16437358)
Set your draft board, or at least put a bunch of potential players you want on it so the selection can be done quickly.

There - 25 deep on my draft board in the 4th round.

Feel like that should be enough to get me through.

DJ's left nut 08-31-2022 03:41 PM

Anybody else have their mobile access go haywire?

I've changed my password three times and logged on through the internet browser with the new password(s) just fine. But it keeps saying I have incorrect login credentials with the exact same login and password on the phone.

FIX YO SHIT!

DJ's left nut 08-31-2022 03:57 PM

Yeah, the login process is all ****ed up.

If I reset my password I can log-in with the re-set password function. And then when I'm logged in, things are fine. But even on the web browser on my computer, if I log out and then re-enter the new password that I just set, it says the password is incorrect.

I think if you're in, you're safe. But if you log out, you're stuck.

Rukdafaidas 08-31-2022 06:36 PM

My son had trouble getting logged in last night and missed his pick. Then he got an email saying if he misses more picks, he will lose his team. Are people getting booted now?

Titty Meat 08-31-2022 06:43 PM

It's working for me

DJ's left nut 08-31-2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16438890)
It's working for me

It’s fine if you don’t log out. I tried to swap teams, hit log out on accident, now no matter how many times I try to change my password the new passwords or even the password provided by sandbox won’t work on a cell phone.

lewdog 08-31-2022 08:36 PM

Didn't get my board set and took a TE when I already have 3 of them. :facepalm:

DJ's left nut 08-31-2022 08:37 PM

Just logged in from my tablet using the same password/login that keeps getting punted when I try to login from my phone. Just in time to draft a guard over in Raiders1. Exciting stuff.

cdcox 08-31-2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16438654)
Yeah, the login process is all ****ed up.

If I reset my password I can log-in with the re-set password function. And then when I'm logged in, things are fine. But even on the web browser on my computer, if I log out and then re-enter the new password that I just set, it says the password is incorrect.

I think if you're in, you're safe. But if you log out, you're stuck.

There is zero chance this is an issue with the site. Try clearing the cookies and saved data on your phone.

Titty Meat 08-31-2022 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16439017)
Didn't get my board set and took a TE when I already have 3 of them. :facepalm:

Great pick! I need you to tank

lewdog 08-31-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16439018)
Just logged in from my tablet using the same password/login that keeps getting punted when I try to login from my phone. Just in time to draft a guard over in Raiders1. Exciting stuff.

Jesus man. Just check it in for the night.

DJ's left nut 08-31-2022 08:49 PM

Did it. Doing the same thing.

It's gotta be the site. Again, it can sit here and copy/paste the password directly out of the email I get from Sandbox to re-set my password and it tells me the password is incorrect. It's FROM Sandbox.

I don't use it from my phone that often once the draft is over so I'll just live with it but i've tried 2 different browsers, tried clearing cookies/data. I don't see how, if my password works on literally any other device I use, it wouldn't work from my phone unless it's a site issue.

Titty Meat 08-31-2022 09:02 PM

Even though it's working for me can we please pause the draft? I don't want to have any competitive advantage like this over others

cdcox 08-31-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16439038)
Did it. Doing the same thing.

It's gotta be the site. Again, it can sit here and copy/paste the password directly out of the email I get from Sandbox to re-set my password and it tells me the password is incorrect. It's FROM Sandbox.

I don't use it from my phone that often once the draft is over so I'll just live with it but i've tried 2 different browsers, tried clearing cookies/data. I don't see how, if my password works on literally any other device I use, it wouldn't work from my phone unless it's a site issue.

Sandbox runs on vBulletin for authentication and communication, same as Chiefsplanet. I have not touched that part of the code. It's on your end. The fact that it works on some of your devices, but not others, points to a device level issue. That doesn't mean you aren't having legitimate tech issues. Clearly you do. But there is absolutely nothing I can do on my end to fix the problem.

DJ's left nut 08-31-2022 11:30 PM

So get this shit. It was Apple's 'Smart Punctuation'

You mentioned CP so I logged out of CP. Sure as shit - couldn't get logged back in. So i burned through my log in attempts and gave up.

Decided to re-set my password again and this time, instead of just copying and pasting the new password in, I copy and pasted the username as well. Got me in. Did it on CP - got me in there as well. So at that point it was clearly a username issue.

So I typed my name into the reply box here and noticed that my apostrophe is 'pointing' the wrong direction. So I look up how to get 'straight quotes' on the googles and see it's the smart punctuation that messes stuff up. That's why all the browsers had the same problem. Clearing caches didn't do anything. It was some weird setting in my keyboard that makes your apostrophe not look like an apostrophe to the Vbulletin software.

**** you, Denver, for stealing Braxton Jones from me. Ezukanma is a fun consolation prize though. He really should complement Hill and Weddle nicely.

DJ's left nut 09-01-2022 01:40 PM

Who's running Austin in Raiders1 and why are they attaching pick compensation to players they'll be able to cut in a few weeks anyway?

That's just strange. I gotta figure someone thinks there are cap/roster ramifications to just cutting a dude outright. I mean if he offered anything worthwhile I wouldn't have taken it just because it's kinda underhanded.

But I moved up 2 spots from the dead ass last spot in the draft so it's not like I actually got anything for my efforts.

rtmike 09-01-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16440240)
Who's running Austin in Raiders1 and why are they attaching pick compensation to players they'll be able to cut in a few weeks anyway?

That's just strange. I gotta figure someone thinks there are cap/roster ramifications to just cutting a dude outright. I mean if he offered anything worthwhile I wouldn't have taken it just because it's kinda underhanded.

But I moved up 2 spots from the dead ass last spot in the draft so it's not like I actually got anything for my efforts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 16434723)

Out of the 5 players he give me, 2 are starters...on my team anyways, lol.
Tbh, I screen saved his offer and wrote a dm to you to ask about it but couldn't attach s save so gave up and accepted it.

PHOG 09-01-2022 04:28 PM

If you click on standings, it will show who is the team owner. j/s

Edit: Austin Invaders=Jack Carsten...Austin Armadillos=cpnoa

rtmike 09-01-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 16440623)
If you click on standings, it will show who is the team owner. j/s

Edit: Austin Invaders=Jack Carsten...Austin Armadillos=cpnoa

I seen that. I think JC just took that team over.

Guys use different names, cough, cough, like that Wind From West crackerhead so it's harder to tell.

rtmike 09-01-2022 07:57 PM

Mr. cdcox, may I ask which league has been drafting the fastest?

chiefs1 is getting after it (of course). Raiders1 is SLOW..(of course)

TambaBerry 09-02-2022 02:12 PM

Real cool, didn't get an email for either league for my last draft pick

DJ's left nut 09-02-2022 04:17 PM

Look at Chiefs1 flying through the draft process! Well done, gents.

Columbia's haul (and Mayock's Draft Grade)

1. Jahan Dotson, WR (B-): This was a need pick for a player with limited ceiling but should have a solid floor as an X receiver. Solid but unspectacular complement to McLaurin and St. Brown. Even in hindsight, I don't see anybody taken after him I like better. I maybe should've gambled on Jameson Williams but his frame worries me. Trevor Penning as a long-term developmental LT would've been a solid play as well. Tyler Linderbaum at C would've been the safest play but I didn't want to pay a C 1st round money and thought I could get Cam Jurgens at 46.

2. Sam Williams, DE (B): Upside play, as is usually the case with 2nd rounders. 1st round talent but character issues that caused him to slide. Boom/bust pick.

3. Baker Mayfield QB; trade (C+): Tier 1 players cost an arm and a leg and with 3 years of team control, if Mayfield can be an average to above average starter in Carolina, he'll be more valuable than the 3rd.

4. Desmond Ridder, QB (B): See above; a cost controlled rookie passer with a path to start in a couple years. Absolute robbery from a cost standpoint if he ends up as an average starter given the low cost of signing 4th round picks.

5. Erik Ezukanma, WR (B-): Just a BPA play. A physical possession WR in an offense in Miami that could use one of those. Really has a chance to outperform his draft slot but needs to get an opportunity on a team where he's at best the 4th target and may be the 5th behind Cedrick Wilson.

7. Jack Jones, CB (B+): I really liked his physical tools in the draft. His disciplinary history at USC was...spotty. But you get a clean slate at the next level and the Patriots seem to have plans for him. He's dirt cheap as a 7th rounder and if he ends up as much as a Dime CB, that's a hell of a pick.

7. Calvin Austin, WR (A++++): Because it's Calvin Austin - **** you guys. Got him with the pick I secured in the trade-down where I took Jones, who I'd have taken in my original spot. So he's found money.

7. Kingsley Enagbare, DE (A-): His testing really killed his draft stock but he's looked far more explosive and viable with the Packers than his combine suggested he'd be. Might be a solid situational pass-rusher for GB making him a nice backup and rotational option w/ Tarron Jackson in Columbia should Williams flame out.

Total Grade: B+ All picks at positions of high value. The board didn't quite work out for a couple positions I wanted to target but Columbia doesn't have a lot of needs to fill and should be able to bring about $100 into FA to address the fringes of the roster. A nice little draft.

rtmike 09-02-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16442118)
Real cool, didn't get an email for either league for my last draft pick

Sorry, that sucks man.

I ended up with like 6 qbs, 20 te's when I was letting the Sim pick, lol.

Hopefully it picked players u need.

I will say...in my mind I think I've done good researching picks, building the board. It's so time consuming tho.
My luck is absolute garbage tho so hard telling, lol.

TambaBerry 09-02-2022 04:24 PM

George Pickens

Jalen Pitre

Nik Bonitto

Jalen Tolbert

Joshua Williams

Christian Benford

Bailey Zappe (autopick)

Not a bad haul

rtmike 09-02-2022 04:28 PM

DJs nutz, so quit dragging your feet in Raiders1 & pick for crying out loud, lol!

DJ's left nut 09-02-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16442307)
George Pickens

Jalen Pitre

Nik Bonitto

Jalen Tolbert

Joshua Williams

Christian Benford

Bailey Zappe (autopick)

Not a bad haul

Did you get an EM for my trade offer? I was trying to grab another 7th and balance out my roster a little bit.

Would still move a LBer or two for teams looking for one. The 'backer would depend on the return. I'm mostly looking for some depth pieces on the IOL but would also look at TE2 or interior line. Or just flat out upgrading somewhere if the price was right.

Couple of really nice coverage 'backers in Josh Bynes and Drue Tranquill. Brooks as a true Mike, Wilson as an emerging young 3-down guy (Long is in a similar spot). Fred Warner is just a stud at everything and I could move him but it wouldn't be cheap. Mykal Walker is probably a year away from being someone worth trading for still but he's got 4 years left on his deal so I can be patient.

DJ's left nut 09-02-2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 16442316)
DJs nutz, so quit dragging your feet in Raiders1 & pick for crying out loud, lol!

My bad, y'all.

Ah ****, Zach Tom went right before me. That blows. Stand by.

EDIT: Done

rtmike 09-02-2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16442327)
My bad, y'all.

I planned on grabbing Zach with my next pick but worried the next gm who's a chefs fan would grab Patch so I was able to pick him up in both my leagues thinking I could grab ZT two picks later.
Sometimes I think my board is public, lol.

We're at the bottom now so it'll take a few days for these other Joe's to get off their ass.
It's always interesting seeing who other active managers pick. It's like, "htf did I miss that one", lol.

Rain Man 09-02-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16442327)
My bad, y'all.

EDIT: Done

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 16442330)
I planned on grabbing Zach with my next pick, lol.

Sometimes I think my board is public, lol.

We're at the bottom now so it'll take a few days for these other Joe's to get off their ass.
It's always interesting seeing who other active managers pick. It's like, "htf did I miss that one", lol.

It must've been some sort of genius who did it, waiting as long as possible before drafting him.

rtmike 09-02-2022 04:56 PM

I'm shocked, but happy Joshua Williams fell.

I'm done in both leagues. I just hope I filled all my holCCA.
Still struggling at one position with cca. I just couldn't draft some of those guys.

DJ's left nut 09-02-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16442349)
It must've been some sort of genius who did it, waiting as long as possible before drafting him.

How brilliant can anyone that enjoys Imo's be?

rtmike 09-02-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16442371)
How brilliant can anyone that enjoys Imo's be?

The dudes an icon around here.

I've learned so much on this forum. More so being honest and not caring what others think.

Thank you Mr. Rain.

lewdog 09-02-2022 09:04 PM

When can I sign 2 vets?

TambaBerry 09-03-2022 04:21 PM

Tried to get into the site, said sub ran out and then it errored out.

TambaBerry 09-03-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16443278)
Tried to get into the site, said sub ran out and then it errored out.

Just tried again and it works

Hydrae 09-03-2022 08:49 PM

My apologies for not being available (and thus slowing down the later rounds of the draft) in Raiders1. Just got back from vacation and did not have access to make any updates.

lewdog 09-05-2022 07:19 AM

Only being able to renew 2 vet contracts and minimum 5 years does make off season interesting. I put Diggs and TE Bates on 5 year contracts.

And used to focus on prior years stats for free agent signing. Now going to depth charts. Different feel for sure.

DJ's left nut 09-06-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16444777)
Only being able to renew 2 vet contracts and minimum 5 years does make off season interesting. I put Diggs and TE Bates on 5 year contracts.

And used to focus on prior years stats for free agent signing. Now going to depth charts. Different feel for sure.

FA is gonna be really tough.

The 'staggered' starts are going to create some real decision points. Remember - not everyone will be available when FA opens. It's a slow trickle in of available players. So you have to decide if you want to save your money for some guy who may not be available until week 12 only to get out-bid or see him get 'matched' by the guy who controls his rights.

I have truly no idea how I intend to approach it. I took over some shitbox team in a different league because it has Mahomes but it has nothing else and a fair amount of salary available so I'm gonna see how being aggressive works out over there.

TambaBerry 09-06-2022 08:55 AM

I just took over Key West Gamecocks in Bengals1

lewdog 09-07-2022 08:12 PM

Getting an error when I try to select play. Anyone else?

Titty Meat 09-07-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16448392)
Getting an error when I try to select play. Anyone else?

Same

cdcox 09-07-2022 10:04 PM

Issue is fixed. Been doing long hours at the day job so it took a while to dig into it.