ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307938)

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2019 07:33 AM

Drogon is too fat for his armor. Daenerys must find the breastplate stretcher.

GloucesterChief 05-06-2019 07:44 AM

Sansa is the only one that is coming across as smart this season other then overtly challenging Dany when she brings up bending the knee.

CupidStunt 05-06-2019 07:44 AM

I'm not one of those guys who's negative about everything. I don't take any pleasure in it like others seem to. 1-3 weren't perfect by any stretch, but I simply overlook my gripes, even as a hardcore book-reader-turned-show-addict. But as of now I am SO disappointed. My main disappointments are, in order:

1) That I saw the leaks and couldn't stop myself. This is immeasurably the worst part of what was an otherwise disappointing episode; that I wasn't even the slightest bit surprised by a single thing. God ****ING DAMMIT. Shock and surprise and thought-provoking scenes is what made GoT the best. ****ing ****.

2) That Rhaegal was taken out like he was nothing, and now they're likely gonna have Drogon be completely unstoppable? The thing is I can live with a little inconsistency here and there but this is completely insane. The dragons were an absolutely unstoppable force, but now one has been taken out like swatting a fly. I simply can't stomach it now flipping completely again. I just don't buy that they can take KL with Drogon, and without him, they're basically a shitty army. At this point I should think Cersei will "win" (or no one wins, it's just one big pile of death).

3) Jaime's leaving - if he's actually, truly going to "save" Cersei. Or even just be with her. I just can't believe this and certainly don't like it. Having said that, this one I could see being the same in the books (I guess it's human: be bad, try to be better, think you are, but then realize you're not). Although I'll hope it's not the case.

4) Bronn's scene. **** off. I don't buy it. Yes he's a cutt-throat, yes he's always done stuff for gold and himself, and I know he's not truly Tyrion's friend, yes yes yes. But I do not buy the way he handled that at all. I guessed he'd negotiate to get a prize from Tyrion rather than Cersei, but just not the way it went down.

I might be forgetting one or two bits. Again, I really don't like to criticize GoT - I'm definitely somewhat a fanboy. I want to overlook as much as I can. But that was about as bad an episode as I could've imagined. And knowing a few key details really topped it all off. **** **** ****.

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2019 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 14254585)
I'm not one of those guys who's negative about everything. I don't take any pleasure in it like others seem to. 1-3 weren't perfect by any stretch, but I simply overlook my gripes, even as a hardcore book-reader-turned-show-addict. But as of now I am SO disappointed. My main disappointments are, in order:

1) That I saw the leaks and couldn't stop myself. This is immeasurably the worst part of what was an otherwise disappointing episode; that I wasn't even the slightest bit surprised by a single thing. God ****ING DAMMIT. Shock and surprise and thought-provoking scenes is what made GoT the best. ****ing ****.

2) That Rhaegal was taken out like he was nothing, and now they're likely gonna have Drogon be completely unstoppable? The thing is I can live with a little inconsistency here and there but this is completely insane. The dragons were an absolutely unstoppable force, but now one has been taken out like swatting a fly. I simply can't stomach it now flipping completely again. I just don't buy that they can take KL with Drogon, and without him, they're basically a shitty army. At this point I should think Cersei will "win" (or no one wins, it's just one big pile of death).

3) Jaime's leaving - if he's actually, truly going to "save" Cersei. Or even just be with her. I just can't believe this and certainly don't like it. Having said that, this one I could see being the same in the books (I guess it's human: be bad, try to be better, think you are, but then realize you're not). Although I'll hope it's not the case.

4) Bronn's scene. **** off. I don't buy it. Yes he's a cutt-throat, yes he's always done stuff for gold and himself, and I know he's not truly Tyrion's friend, yes yes yes. But I do not buy the way he handled that at all. I guessed he'd negotiate to get a prize from Tyrion rather than Cersei, but just not the way it went down.

I might be forgetting one or two bits. Again, I really don't like to criticize GoT - I'm definitely somewhat a fanboy. I want to overlook as much as I can. But that was about as bad an episode as I could've imagined. And knowing a few key details really topped it all off. **** **** ****.

It's just over the top negative hyperbole, at least from me. Still like the show a lot, they're just forcing things to happen now to wrap it up. Could've been better with some planning but whatever.

mdchiefsfan 05-06-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14242463)
It's like people (and the directors) have forgotten that Game of Thrones was just the first book. The series is called Ice and Fire for a reason. The white walkers were supposed to be the "big bad."

Debateable. It could also be the merging of the Direwolf and the Dragon, aka John Snow.

CupidStunt 05-06-2019 07:54 AM

I guess they could armor Drogon. Fair enough. It's thin, but it works. And like I said I could see Jaime's redemption reversal happening in the books. So I suppose my stance at this point is that it's still recoverable, but it feels like they've really made it hard for themselves.

Also, I didn't specify and was thinking about it under the Rhaegel umbrella, but Euron's character is a complete joke. He should've been written into the show much earlier and with way more depth to be this much of a plot device now.

mdchiefsfan 05-06-2019 07:58 AM

I am concerned there is a wheel spinning here. Dany mentions that she doesn’t want to stop, but break the “wheel” of politics in King’s Landing that is grinding the Westerosi into paste, yet we are seeing the end/beginning of a cycle:

Dany appears to be headed to ‘Mad King’ territory.

Cersei is pregnant with Jaime’s child and her suitor is led to believe it’s his son.

Leader of the North is headed to King’s Landing.

Jaime heads back to Cersei.

There just seems to be a bunch of past problems reborn, and at their infancy, at the moment. Even a hoard of zombies can’t seem to get the political figures in Westeros to stop their squabbling and break the wheel; how can Dany? Time will tell if that is intentional.

Anyone able to identify any others?

listopencil 05-06-2019 08:04 AM

Meh. I can see the impetus behind Dany going all "mad queen" and burning the shit out of King's Landing. She showed up with an invincible army and three reusable WMD's on a leash that no one could really stand against. If she had just stormed King's Landing right off the bat she'd be in great shape now. Now she's considerably weaker and doesn't have a clear claim to the throne.

Chiefspants 05-06-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 14254611)
I guess they could armor Drogon. Fair enough. It's thin, but it works. And like I said I could see Jaime's redemption reversal happening in the books. So I suppose my stance at this point is that it's still recoverable, but it feels like they've really made it hard for themselves.

Also, I didn't specify and was thinking about it under the Rhaegel umbrella, but Euron's character is a complete joke. He should've been written into the show much earlier and with way more depth to be this much of a plot device now.

Yep. Honestly if there was one thing I could change about the show, it’s scrapping Dorne entirely in Season 5 and introducing Euron a season earlier. Things like the dragonbinder and character development could have been possible there. Ah well.

ThaVirus 05-06-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 14254595)
Debateable. It could also be the merging of the Direwolf and the Dragon, aka John Snow.

I always liked the ambiguity there.

It could be Jon's parentage, Jon and Daenerys' relationship, or the White Walkers against R'Holor or however you spell it.

FAX 05-06-2019 08:21 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What Tyrion jumping into the water should have sounded like.... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GameofThrones?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GameofThrones</a> <a href="https://t.co/N2YbIW6avK">pic.twitter.com/N2YbIW6avK</a></p>&mdash; ARYA STAN ACCOUNT (@antonythechef) <a href="https://twitter.com/antonythechef/status/1125278460056821760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fish 05-06-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14254649)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What Tyrion jumping into the water should have sounded like.... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GameofThrones?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GameofThrones</a> <a href="https://t.co/N2YbIW6avK">pic.twitter.com/N2YbIW6avK</a></p>&mdash; ARYA STAN ACCOUNT (@antonythechef) <a href="https://twitter.com/antonythechef/status/1125278460056821760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAO... I actually made that sound during the show, and my daughter had a nice laugh at it...

BigRedChief 05-06-2019 08:55 AM

I know there are really stupid decisions being made by the show. Slap your head WTF moments. How does this make sense etc.

This is the most negative group of great fans of a show I've seen in a long time. You invested 7 seasons. 9 years. You waited a 1.5 years for the finale season. No books in 8 years. GRMM cant even figure out how to finish the story. But, you expect D&D to have figured it out? You have in your head how it should end and then criticize when it doesn't happen. You bitch about spoliers and then read them and complain about not being surprised. WTF?

There is only 2 episodes left. You Debbie downers are not worth reading anymore. Nothing would satisfy what you have in your own head on how events should have played out.

Setsuna 05-06-2019 09:05 AM

Dany isn't even remotely near Mad King territory. This is just some word they took from the books and had no clue WTF it meant. Aerys was mad because during times of peace he was burning innocents alive in his Keep for made up reasons. This is war, people die. Travesties occur on both sides. Aegon won with Fire and Blood. Eventually everyone forgot about it and there was relative peace. Cersei is evil and needs to be stopped by any means necessary. All of those who support her even after under threat of death are also evil by proxy. She has lost something important in Westeros time after time after time and gained nothing. Her grief and anger are completely understandable.

Even after all that she has directed it all towards Cersei. When did she go burn surrounding territories for no reason? When did she burn innocents in her conquests at all? She burned soldiers whose lives are forfeit anyway. Her "descent" into madness was forced and stupid. If Aerys had a single dragon he would have burned all of Westeros because he was mad. Dany wanted to burn one freaking stronghold, the Red Keep, not King's Landing itself. And these "advisors" start to freak out over nothing. I'm surprised Varys was acting like such a spaz when he was there for all of Aerys' atrocities and likened it to Dany. Aerys had his whole family alive and well. He had allies everywhere and he sat the Iron Throne and used it to host live BBQs daily. This is poor, poor writing. Star Wars is doomed if it's in the hands of these losers.

This asinine thought that Dany is anywhere near mad is a travesty. Anyway, I'm done.

GloucesterChief 05-06-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14254709)
Dany isn't even remotely near Mad King territory. This is just some word they took from the books and had no clue WTF it meant. Aerys was mad because during times of peace he was burning innocents alive in his Keep for made up reasons. This is war, people die. Travesties occur on both sides. Aegon won with Fire and Blood. Eventually everyone forgot about it and there was relative peace. Cersei is evil and needs to be stopped by any means necessary. All of those who support her even after under threat of death are also evil by proxy. She has lost something important in Westeros time after time after time and gained nothing. Her grief and anger are completely understandable.

Even after all that she has directed it all towards Cersei. When did she go burn surrounding territories for no reason? When did she burn innocents in her conquests at all? She burned soldiers whose lives are forfeit anyway. Her "descent" into madness was forced and stupid. If Aerys had a single dragon he would have burned all of Westeros because he was mad. Dany wanted to burn one freaking stronghold, the Red Keep, not King's Landing itself. And these "advisors" start to freak out over nothing. I'm surprised Varys was acting like such a spaz when he was there for all of Aerys' atrocities and likened it to Dany. Aerys had his whole family alive and well. He had allies everywhere and he sat the Iron Throne and used it to host live BBQs daily. This is poor, poor writing. Star Wars is doomed if it's in the hands of these losers.

This asinine thought that Dany is anywhere near mad is a travesty. Anyway, I'm done.

I see Varys as looking to nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem like it did with Aerys. Varys claims to look out for the 7 kingdoms themselves not its monarch and war due to an unstable monarch is bad for the kingdoms.

She burned prisoners alive which is a big no no even back in Medieval times. They are good as hostages at least not to mention trying to sway them to your side.

Jerm 05-06-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14254219)
Here's the rest of the series in short if you don't want to waste any more time and just laugh at this disaster like the rest of us.

This.....this can't be real....OMG. ROFLROFLROFL

DaFace 05-06-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14254695)
I know there are really stupid decisions being made by the show. Slap your head WTF moments. How does this make sense etc.

This is the most negative group of great fans of a show I've seen in a long time. You invested 7 seasons. 9 years. You waited a 1.5 years for the finale season. No books in 8 years. GRMM cant even figure out how to finish the story. But, you expect D&D to have figured it out? You have in your head how it should end and then criticize when it doesn't happen. You bitch about spoliers and then read them and complain about not being surprised. WTF?

There is only 2 episodes left. You Debbie downers are not worth reading anymore. Nothing would satisfy what you have in your own head on how events should have played out.

You're acting like it's the fans' fault that the show has turned to shit. People were mostly fine through season 6. Last season, the general reaction was "Whoa, they're really oversimplifying this, but I guess if it's setting up for an epic ending, I'll roll with it."

The issue with this season is that there's nothing left, and they're going so fast that nearly every single scene has something in it that you have to just suspend your disbelief to make it work. I think people are just becoming more outspoken about it because there's no time to fix it at this point. We just have to accept that they've given up on making the show remotely realistic and live with it.

ToxSocks 05-06-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14254731)
You're acting like it's the fans' fault that the show has turned to shit. People were mostly fine through season 6. Last season, the general reaction was "Whoa, they're really oversimplifying this, but I guess if it's setting up for an epic ending, I'll roll with it."

The issue with this season is that there's nothing left, and they're going so fast that nearly every single scene has something in it that you have to just suspend your disbelief to make it work. I think people are just becoming more outspoken about it because there's no time to fix it at this point. We just have to accept that they've given up on making the show remotely realistic and live with it.

And you act like the show is actually shit.

It isn't. There were always going to be the group that complained about this season. ALWAYS. You've decided you want to be in that group.

It was clear last season that the writing had fallen off. Now they have 6 episodes to finish everything off. Clearly, it was going to be rushed. And yeah, there were some things that brought GoT back down to "ordinary" these past two seasons.

And despite that, it's still one of the best viewing experiences you'll find on T.V.

The only thing more annoying than the some sometimes bad writing, is the over the top dramatics from some of you about how "shitty" this show is.

ToxSocks 05-06-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 14254585)

Hilariously, this is how most here, and most book readers expected this scene to go as it fits Bronn's character and hearkens back to their conversations several seasons ago. This scene made perfect sense all things considered.

And yet it's still being bitched about. Proof positive that it's open season for bitching and moaning. The negativity spreads like wildfire and puts even the most positive viewers into nit-pick mode.

DaFace 05-06-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14254746)
And you act like the show is actually shit.

It isn't. There were always going to be the group that complained about this season. ALWAYS. You've decided you want to be in that group.

It was clear last season that the writing had fallen off. Now they have 6 episodes to finish everything off. Clearly, it was going to be rushed. And yeah, there were some things that brought GoT back down to "ordinary" these past two seasons.

And despite that, it's still one of the best viewing experiences you'll find on T.V.

The only thing more annoying than the some sometimes bad writing, is the over the top dramatics from some of you about how "shitty" this show is.

Previous to this past episode, the lowest rating ever given to a GOT episode on IMDB was an 8.4. This last episode is currently sitting at 7.5.

Prior to the battle at Winterfell this season, most of the "battle" episodes had ratings of 9.8 or 9.9. This last battle is currently sitting at 8.5.

But please continue to act like it's just a small group of CPers who think it's turned to shit.

DaFace 05-06-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Oh, and I completely disagree with this. If it weren't for the fact that I have 15 years committed to this story, I wouldn't even be watching. My wife and I decided last night to turn it into a MST3K event because it was otherwise painful to watch.

Jerm 05-06-2019 09:49 AM

Didn't watch last night as last week broke me...doesn't sound like I missed much. The 2 big story beats were just eh ok whatever.

Did read all the spoilers floating around about the rest of the season and holy shit lol...I hope it happens that way.

Oh and now we get a Starbucks cup in a scene...that's what GoT has become...hurr hurr easter egg memes.

Amnorix 05-06-2019 09:51 AM

I've been a big supporter of the show, and I'm not one who typically compares books to movies. I did read the books, but each stands alone for its entertainment value. It can be very different, and yet if it's awesomely entertaining, then who cares, is my view.

A few of my problems with this season, at a high level:

1. Whole thing feels RUSHED. I'd love to see Arya's reaction to learning that Jon isn't her half-brother, but rather is her cousin, and is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Nah, just skip. :shake:

2. Bran is boring and emasculated. I struggle to believe GRR Martin went through all the trouble of making him the Three Eyed Raven to be so impotent.

3. The fleet sneak attacking/killing Rhaegal was ridiculous. A fleet of warships doesn't sneak up on flying dragons. Even experienced (doubt they were) ballistae operators couldn't fire a very small number of shots, from a moving, swaying platform, and hit a rapidly moving target at long distance. Hell, all they had to do was show a mass volley fire and I would've been fine with it. Instead, it's like 5 shots, and three hit. And that's after they somehow sneak up on the flying dragons. Jeeeesus that's dumb.

4. Bronn's entire scene was stupid, other than his introduction. The entire storyline for this character was the ultra-practical, far smarter than the average bear, ultra-mercenary. But he now thinks, because he made one random threat against Tyrion and Jaime, that he will GET Highgarden? Hell, he shouldn't even be dumb enough to believe that Tyrion COULD give it to him. Tyrion is the HAND, not the Queen. How the actual **** can he successfully convince Dany to give Bronn THE MOST VALUABLE great house of them all in terms of wealth? It's beyond absurd. And it's just not in keeping with what Bronn as I have understood him to be would do.

I'm not going to say the show sucks. That's a bridge too far, but there have been disappointing moments. VERY disappointing moments.

Amnorix 05-06-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14254753)
Hilariously, this is how most here, and most book readers expected this scene to go as it fits Bronn's character and hearkens back to their conversations several seasons ago. This scene made perfect sense all things considered.

And yet it's still being bitched about. Proof positive that it's open season for bitching and moaning. The negativity spreads like wildfire and puts even the most positive viewers into nit-pick mode.

No. Just no. In what universe does Bronn actually believe he's going to get Highgarden at this point?

1. Does he believe the Lannisters wouldn't have him killed for so openly EXTORTING them?

2. Does he believe that Tyrion would actually reward him for these brazen threats?

3. Does he actually believe that Tyrion could convince Dany to give him the crown jewel of lordships for literally NO SERVICE WHATSOEVER to her cause, except not killing her Hand?

Bronn is way smarter than this. He can't possibly believe it. Why? Because it's patently ridiculous. He rode all the way from King's Landing to Winterfell to do THAT? That was the plan he came up with after weeks to think about it?

It's f'ing stupid. Makes no sense at all. Sure, he'd love Highgarden -- but he can't seriously believe that THAT will result in him getting it.

Gravedigger 05-06-2019 09:55 AM

Posts from before mentioned how the inner monologue in the books made certain events seem more impactful because you got to see what the person was thinking in words not in glances or looks. I'm sure if this is the ending, and if Dany becomes the Mad Queen and burns Kings Landing to the ground, the books will show the slow slip into madness better than the show ever could. I was thinking last night that when Jon tells Arya and Sansa about his lineage that I really wanted to see their reactions in real time, but they didn't fit it into the episodes so that was a bit of a disappointment.

DJ's left nut 05-06-2019 10:11 AM

I actually liked this episode quite a bit; maybe the strongest of the season (which could make it the strongest of the last 2; 7 was pretty weak).

I liked the character beats, I like where they're settling in. There was nothing inexplicable about any decisions here apart from Dany just being a god-awful pilot. Tyrion, Varys, Jon, Sansa, Arya, the Hound and even Jaime all did things that I would call completely within character.

Euron suddenly having ****ing guided Typhoon Missiles on the decks is a little wonky. I mean it took 3 weeks for Qyburn to equip the whole of Kings Landing and its fleet with SAM batteries. I kinda feel like maybe they've done a little too much in the name of evening the odds for Cersei here (and that all of the "man, Tyrion is an idiot" machinations of the last couple seasons have been with an eye on leveling things up a bit, which is frustrating).

But the dialogue was once again pretty good and I think GoT is just better at interpersonal dynamics and political intrigue than it is as the magic stuff. So in that regard, the disappointment of Ep3 shouldn't be surprising, nor does the summary disposition of the Night King really seem all that frustrating anymore.

NewChief 05-06-2019 10:11 AM

My main irritation is that the dragons have basically disappeared as a factor. I'm sure that we're going to get Dracaris the Burninator next week... but damn. Rhaegal went out like a bitch, and it sucked, especially since that was Jon's dragon.

DJ's left nut 05-06-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14254361)
Yeah, but she had never seen multiple shots like that all at once from someone that wasn't the night king. And definitely not at sea.

They just got ambushed. It happens. It's war.

To be fair, it doesn't really happen when one side has complete air superiority. You know the map here - you know Storms End and Kings Landing are essentially Kansas City and St. Louis - having a goddamn dragon and not doing basic reconnaissance is pretty silly stuff.

You could have her go out scouting, see the slew of ships/scorpions, dodge a few arrows and return back saying "oh shit - Plan B; they've got air cover..." and not force yet another storytelling device through raw stupidity.

I'm not sure how you get Missandei captured at that point but they're writers, they can figure something out.

Again, that was my only real big complaint about this episode though. There was a lot of 'old school' GoT here with one big tactical/logical ****up that was obviously just a mechanism to write out another dragon and try to put some stakes in the fight to come.

DaFace 05-06-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14254802)
I'm not sure how you get Missandei captured at that point but they're writers, they can figure something out.

I mainly want to know how Dany's crew had any idea Missandei was captured at all. Wouldn't they have assumed she was dead along with all the other redshirts?

ToxSocks 05-06-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14254809)
I mainly want to know how Dany's crew had any idea Missandei was captured at all. Wouldn't they have assumed she was dead along with all the other redshirts?

Yeah, that's an annoyance that exists because there's simply no time left.

What you want is this last season extrapolated over two seasons.

Old GoT would have an entire episode or two highlighting the Missandei capture.

That seems to be what you, and others expect. There's just no time left for that anymore so we get left with off timing/sequencing.

DJ's left nut 05-06-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14254774)
Posts from before mentioned how the inner monologue in the books made certain events seem more impactful because you got to see what the person was thinking in words not in glances or looks. I'm sure if this is the ending, and if Dany becomes the Mad Queen and burns Kings Landing to the ground, the books will show the slow slip into madness better than the show ever could. I was thinking last night that when Jon tells Arya and Sansa about his lineage that I really wanted to see their reactions in real time, but they didn't fit it into the episodes so that was a bit of a disappointment.

Martin did a truly spectacular job with Cersei in that regard.

When I re-read the books, I realized that you can literally read the cheese slipping off her cracker. She has some POV chapters in Feast and I think Dance and in those you can get in her mind. Martin does an amazing job of making it seem reasonable to her in her own head while making those 'reasonable' justifications look relatively batshit to outside observers. He makes her paranoia shine through as well.

Martin uses the POV structure to do a really nice job of demonstrating someones descent into the maelstrom and that's not an avenue available to the showrunners here.

DJ's left nut 05-06-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

I believe Cersei wanted them to know and so she sent a raven or something to like effect. Cersei's after psychological warfare in much the same way Ramsay was; waiting for emotion to force a mistake.

She wanted Dany to know she had Missandei and wanted to get her hopes up, only to dash them. She wants that Jon Snow blind charge into an entire cavalry division.

I don't have any issue with that at all - perfectly true to character from pretty much all parties.

ToxSocks 05-06-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14254825)
I believe Cersei wanted them to know and so she sent a raven or something to like effect. .

Right, but these are things we have to assume based on how it's worked in the show's history.

DaFace knows this. He just wants to see it fleshed out. Like i said, in the past, they'd spend an entire episode or more on Missandei's capture.

We don't have that luxury anymore.

DJ's left nut 05-06-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14254829)
Right, but these are things we have to assume based on how it's worked in the show's history.

DaFace knows this. He just wants to see it fleshed out. Like i said, in the past, they'd spend an entire episode or more on Missandei's capture.

And let's also not forget that earlier episodes were criticized for being ponderous. WTF do I need to see Dany reading a raven's scroll for?

Like you said - we're 90% sure of what went down there. Frankly, by being 90% sure we can assume we're 100% sure because if it were the other 10% we'd have been shown it.

We're damn near 100 hours of show time into this thing at this point - when it comes to ministerial shit like cleaning latrines and getting messages, I neither need nor want to be hit over the head with it anymore.

otherstar 05-06-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14254793)
Euron suddenly having ****ing guided Typhoon Missiles on the decks is a little wonky. I mean it took 3 weeks for Qyburn to equip the whole of Kings Landing and its fleet with SAM batteries. I kinda feel like maybe they've done a little too much in the name of evening the odds for Cersei here (and that all of the "man, Tyrion is an idiot" machinations of the last couple seasons have been with an eye on leveling things up a bit, which is frustrating).

Do we really know how much time has passed in the show's world?

It's been so hard to tell for the last two seasons. When they had 10 episodes, it was easier to fit in some kind of sense of travel duration, etc. You can't do that with what they've been given and it's really throwing everything off.

Chiefspants 05-06-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

She was in a skiff.

BTW - I don't disagree. I'm just not upset at the show. I'm upset with GRRM. At this point I will fully accept the show ending for what it is.

Chiefspants 05-06-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14254793)
I actually liked this episode quite a bit; maybe the strongest of the season (which could make it the strongest of the last 2; 7 was pretty weak).

I liked the character beats, I like where they're settling in. There was nothing inexplicable about any decisions here apart from Dany just being a god-awful pilot. Tyrion, Varys, Jon, Sansa, Arya, the Hound and even Jaime all did things that I would call completely within character.

But the dialogue was once again pretty good and I think GoT is just better at interpersonal dynamics and political intrigue than it is as the magic stuff. So in that regard, the disappointment of Ep3 shouldn't be surprising, nor does the summary disposition of the Night King really seem all that frustrating anymore.

It was Varys and Tyrion's best episode and dialogue since Season (3, 4)?

NewChief 05-06-2019 10:57 AM

Oh, and although I dislike the handling of the dragons' demises so far, I'm still enjoying the show. It's generally when I log in to the message boards that I start disliking episodes. This board, though, is downright complimentary of the show compared to another board I'm on, which has about 90% of the board just completely trashing each and every aspect of every episode. I've basically stopped reading that board.

Frazod 05-06-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14254862)

Sansa totally played Tyrion. I mean, what did he think was going to happen when he told Varys of Jon's true identity? Yeah, this crazy bitch has been threatening to kill me for a year now, I think I'll stick with her now that somebody decent and sane has a better claim to the throne?

DJ's left nut 05-06-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14254862)

Here's something you just wanna yell at the screen, though - and this is coming from someone that's hated Dany from her introduction (she's even worse as book Dany).

Varys, Tyron - maybe she's not actually the Mad Queen. Maybe she's just pissed off because she keeps listening to you ****ing guys and you keep getting her allies and dragons killed. Maybe the master of whisperers and spy chief inside Kings Landing should've known that they had a bunch of goddamn missiles on the walls. Maybe the guy that came up with "lets divide our forces and sail through where the iron fleet already ambushed us once" could've come up with a viable overall defense of your troop carriers.

Maybe she's mad because the one person that seems to have given her any advice worth a shit just got her head chopped off when her hand, once again, couldn't convince his sister to come in out of the rain.

Her advisers have failed her miserably, she's not terribly pleased about any of this and those same advisers reaction is "well clearly she's just crazy...."

Huh? Isn't this like ****ing your wife's sister and then calling her irrational for getting upset when she finds out?

Chiefspants 05-06-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 14254878)
Oh, and although I dislike the handling of the dragons' demises so far, I'm still enjoying the show. It's generally when I log in to the message boards that I start disliking episodes. This board, though, is downright complimentary of the show compared to another board I'm on, which has about 90% of the board just completely trashing each and every aspect of every episode. I've basically stopped reading that board.

Multiple marvel boards I read have gone that way about Endgame. I think it's just a part of how toxic fandom and social media are about basically anything now.

With that said, I don't know how well BB does in this era. Some scenes would have caused an internet uproar for sure.

Chiefspants 05-06-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14254883)
Here's something you just wanna yell at the screen, though - and this is coming from someone that's hated Dany from her introduction (she's even worse as book Dany).

Varys, Tyron - maybe she's not actually the Mad Queen. Maybe she's just pissed off because she keeps listening to you ****ing guys and you keep getting her allies and dragons killed. Maybe the master of whisperers and spy chief inside Kings Landing should've known that they had a bunch of goddamn missiles on the walls. Maybe the guy that came up with "lets divide our forces and sail through where the iron fleet already ambushed us once" could've come up with a viable overall defense of your troop carriers.

Maybe she's mad because the one person that seems to have given her any advice worth a shit just got her head chopped off when her hand, once again, couldn't convince his sister to come in out of the rain.

Her advisers have failed her miserably, she's not terribly pleased about any of this and those same advisers reaction is "well clearly she's just crazy...."

Huh? Isn't this like ****ing your wife's sister and then calling her irrational for getting upset when she finds out?

Completely agreed.

Dany's not the mad queen, but she's a ruthless conquerer. The choice is whether or not a ruthless conquerer should be a ruler at all - which I think is GRRM's overall point.

DaFace 05-06-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14254829)

I guess that's where I'm frustrated. What actually happened to cause them to suddenly feel like they had to rush through things so much? This is a cash cow for them, so what was the reason for wanting it to end?

For the record, I'm not near as irritated about Missandei as I am about all of the other stuff that's been discussed in depth already (Bran is useless, not being on the lookout for enemy ships, arrows that have more power than cannons, dragons that are famed for their strength but go down without a fight, Bronn thinking that threats are going to pay off, Varys deciding that it's a good idea to tell Tyrion he's probably going to commit treason, Arya just kind of...wandering off..., etc.).

Chiefspants 05-06-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14254899)
I guess that's where I'm frustrated. What actually happened to cause them to suddenly feel like they had to rush through things so much? This is a cash cow for them, so what was the reason for wanting it to end?

For the record, I'm not near as irritated about Missandei as I am about all of the other stuff that's been discussed in depth already (Bran is useless, not being on the lookout for enemy ships, arrows that have more power than cannons, dragons that are famed for their strength but go down without a fight, Bronn thinking that threats are going to pay off, Varys deciding that it's a good idea to tell Tyrion he's probably going to commit treason, Arya just kind of...wandering off..., etc.).

I'll repaste my overall thoughts of the series here.

If I had a time machine, endgame style, GRRM never gives up ASOIAF until he was finished with the series.

I think Seasons 7-8 showcase why this guy can’t finish the books. These endings feel like broad concepts. Season 6 worked so well because he set up Winds of Winter a lot like Storm of Swords, it was all payoff - which D&D are great at.

Seasons 7-8 required a lot of plotting that we ultimately never received. It took required rising actions and removed their second acts to accelerate to the end game. D&D just do not have the talent for a second act. If only they could have poached some of Breaking Bad's/Better Call Saul's writing staff after Season 4 (when GRRM left). Though the primary critique of BCS is that they never leave the second act, the last two seasons of GOT have badly needed it in their writing. There have been great moments in Seasons 7-8, but they’ve removed a lot of the plotting that enriches the payoff of these moments - which Game of Thrones was brilliant at in the past.

Unless the ending does something unbelievably stupid (it was all a dream, Dany and Jon get a Disney ending, etc) it won’t ruin the show for me - and at the very least it’ll give this series an ending. Maybe one day we’ll see how GRRM gets there too, and maybe not.

kcpasco 05-06-2019 11:12 AM

Arya is gonna stab Jon in the neck with needle. Rip off her face and be shown to be the real NK this entire time. Proceeds to raise the dead, queue music, series over.

FAX 05-06-2019 11:22 AM

I love this show. I really do. And I rarely get excited about anything on teevee other than Chiefs football ... actually ... that's about it; GOT and the Chiefs. Howevah ...

If they are "speeding things up", why have two practically identical scenes with Tyrion and Varys discussing their "treasonous thoughts"? Those were valuable minutes that could have been used to; 1) Show Arya & Sansa react to Jon's true identity, 2) Solve the riddle of Messandre's capture, 3) Explain how Bronn knew where Tyrion and Jamie were and how to find them alone, or 4) Other cool stuff.

It's the need to rationalize and explain things that are inconsistent with established characters' motivations or simply fast-tracked to the point of near-nonsense that bothers me. I shall now provide an example ...

I've figured out that Dany flew her dragons into a trap because Varys KNEW that the fleet was there and the enemy had built dozens of giant arrow shooters ... some of which had been outfitted on the ships. He KNEW this because Varys has Little Birds who told him. That explains why Dany was ambushed ... it was sabotage by Varys. He set her up.

Now, why should I have to manufacture that explanation when televising a simple convo between Varys and a Little Bird or a quick shot of Varys reading a Raven Note would get the message across? Answer? I shouldn't ... because that's probably not what happened at all.

When the audience is this invested in a show, the characters, the world they inhabit, and the challenges they face, it's damn unfair to have to do the writers' thinking for them. I thought the idea was to entertain us ... not drive us insane.

FAX

Amnorix 05-06-2019 11:43 AM

Some great memes I saw today.

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...rip=info&w=640

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...rip=info&w=650

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...rip=info&w=600

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...rip=info&w=600

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...rip=info&w=620

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2019 11:54 AM

https://i.redd.it/nus5ftl5pmw21.jpg

Shoes 05-06-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14254899)

My thoughts exactly- seems rushed and the writing in this last season isn't up to the standards of previous seasons. The series is not ruined for me or anything but it seems that this show is heading towards an unsatisfying conclusion.

Jerm 05-06-2019 12:09 PM

https://i.imgur.com/wt6MnUM.jpg

FAX 05-06-2019 12:12 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I found where she got the Starbucks cup from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GameofThrones?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GameofThrones</a> <a href="https://t.co/46XztK2QjV">pic.twitter.com/46XztK2QjV</a></p>&mdash; John Beck (@johnbeck_) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnbeck_/status/1125381637146120193?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 6, 2019</a></blockquote>

FAX 05-06-2019 12:13 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">GoT set person 1: Who left a Starbucks cup in the shot?<br><br>GoT set person 2: I don’t know. Check for a name.<br><br>GoT set person 1: (picks up cup and examines) A cup has no name.</p>&mdash; The Volatile Mermaid (@OhNoSheTwitnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/OhNoSheTwitnt/status/1125357130654076928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 6, 2019</a></blockquote>

Chiefspants 05-06-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 14255069)
My thoughts exactly- seems rushed and the writing in this last season isn't up to the standards of previous seasons. The series is not ruined for me or anything but it seems that this show is heading towards an unsatisfying conclusion.

See: Martin, George R.R.

Then D&D, HBO, BBC, and everyone else who initially agreed to an adaptation that did not have an ending.

Bump 05-06-2019 12:27 PM

I thought it was kind of dumb that they just walked right up and demanded surrender after they just casually killed one of her dragons. Like, you kind of lost a lot of leverage there. And why didn't they just wipe them out while they were standing there? Cersei doesn't care about honor.

Setsuna 05-06-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 14254719)
I see Varys as looking to nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem like it did with Aerys. Varys claims to look out for the 7 kingdoms themselves not its monarch and war due to an unstable monarch is bad for the kingdoms.

She burned prisoners alive which is a big no no even back in Medieval times. They are good as hostages at least not to mention trying to sway them to your side.

I'm sorry she burned all of 2 prisoners? I'm sorry were they soldiers or not? I'm sorry they just massacred House Tyrell and sacked their kingdom. I'm sorry they allied with a Lannister when they are sworn to Targaryen. I'm sorry what arguments do you have left again? None? Ok cool.

Setsuna 05-06-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14254889)
Completely agreed.

Dany's not the mad queen, but she's a ruthless conquerer. The choice is whether or not a ruthless conquerer should be a ruler at all - which I think is GRRM's overall point.

Where the heck are you getting this ruthless crap from? She didn't send her Dothraki raging across the lands raping and pillaging. She didn't kill all the soldiers who were captured after the battle, she killed TWO btw, TWO. I don't think you have a freaking clue what ruthless means. And this is what I mean. The people who are upset are up against a wave of idiocy like this nonsense you just spouted.

Fish 05-06-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14255107)
I thought it was kind of dumb that they just walked right up and demanded surrender after they just casually killed one of her dragons. Like, you kind of lost a lot of leverage there. And why didn't they just wipe them out while they were standing there? Cersei doesn't care about honor.

Evil unethical Cersei has the entire leadership of the enemy right in front of her, with ballistas and archers at her command. The dragon had already been effectively neutralized with the magic missiles. And she..... kills her assistant and let's them walk away?

Jerm 05-06-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14255151)
Evil unethical Cersei has the entire leadership of the enemy right in front of her, with ballistas and archers at her command. The dragon had already been effectively neutralized with the magic missiles. And she..... kills her assistant and let's them walk away?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GoT is now the epitome of that emoji...

kcpasco 05-06-2019 01:06 PM

I don’t mind Dany’s arc of going full mad queen just like her father went crazy. It just feels forced because of the lack of time left. I don’t get why HBO couldn’t have done these last 2 seasons in 10 episode seasons.

Chiefspants 05-06-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14255135)
Where the heck are you getting this ruthless crap from? She didn't send her Dothraki raging across the lands raping and pillaging. She didn't kill all the soldiers who were captured after the battle, she killed TWO btw, TWO. I don't think you have a freaking clue what ruthless means. And this is what I mean. The people who are upset are up against a wave of idiocy like this nonsense you just spouted.

LMAO This show brings out dem emotions.

Conquerers by their very nature have to be ruthless. She learned this all the way back during Drogo’s death in Season 1. It’s just what it is.

We’re talking about someone who was begging to BBQ KL through all of Season 7.

She’s not the Mad Queen. She’s a Dragon. I don’t think she’s any more ruthless than any conqueror. The commentary is whether a conqueror is fit to rule. GRRM spent a book on this very question.

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2019 01:16 PM

"While Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet" is an actual quote by Weiss. Like, can you at least PRETEND to try?

I really have enjoyed this season, flaws and all, but this kind of shit is a bit infuriating.

kcpasco 05-06-2019 01:22 PM

Couldn’t Ghost have gotten at least one THATS A GOOD BOY scratch on the head. He lost an ear for you Jon, you dumb jerk.

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14255183)
Couldn’t Ghost have gotten at least one THATS A GOOD BOY scratch on the head. He lost an ear for you Jon, you dumb jerk.

LMAO It's kind of amusing how many people are legitimately angry about that.

Aspengc8 05-06-2019 01:29 PM

I hate applying rationale to this show but how did they not see the iron fleet ships from miles away on the dragons? These guys were able to hit a dragon on the first 3 shots fired while bobbing up and down in a ship. Surely would have taken quite a few shots to even hit one. Hopefully Dany learns to attack like a dive bomber on those ballistas where they cant aim up.

kcpasco 05-06-2019 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LOL

vailpass 05-06-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14255151)

Exaaaaactly. WTF? Cersei can have Tyrion feathered with a hand gesture and she doesn't? She can put an end to the Targ rebellion with the flick of a switch and she doesn't?

GoT is built upon being hard, cold, ruthless and indiscriminate as to who dies. The story made it's bones on harsh reality. The first hour of this episode just pissed all over that. We got the emasculation of Jon, Jamie, Tormund, Gendric. I kept hoping Pod would smack them all in the face with his big cock.

The only main characters holding true to the story are Euron, Arya, Sansa, and Hound. And Cersei even though she would have killed them all if GRRM were still driving.

/rant except I'm going to be that guy who quotes himself because I was most gratified to see that hot bitch Cersei listens to me. From last week:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14243631)
If Cercei had any sense she'd have had the Street of Steel and every blacksmith in town mass-manufacturing scorpions. Assemble them in batteries of 50 all over Kings Landing and let loose a pattern to punch holes in those dragons.

DJ's left nut 05-06-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14255195)
Hopefully Dany learns to attack like a dive bomber on those ballistas where they cant aim up.

There's a problem with the inverted flight tanks on the Targaryen 2.0 Dragons. They won't do a negative G pushover.

Tribal Warfare 05-06-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14255183)

Ghost is BAMFer, I bet he'll come out nowhere and bite Cersei in the snatch and by default the Winterfell crew WINS

keg in kc 05-06-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14254695)

Quote:

Hey, look, the Opinion Police have arrived!

Anyway, got one to add to the memes:

<iframe src="//kinja.com/embed/video/iframe?id=mcp-3677911&post_id=&blog_id=&platform=embed&autoplay=false&mute=false" width="320" height="180" allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2019 03:30 PM

So is it Dragon Week instead of Shark Week when Daenerys goes Mad Queen

Hawk 05-06-2019 05:01 PM

I always thought, well at least the show will give us an ending since that bastard GRRM can't seem to finish the books. But this is a rushed ending with a lot of holes and obvious plot devices. I am a bit disappointed in it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited to watch the next two episodes and see it through, but it's not going to be as good as it could have been, and it is really making me long for a book ending even more than I already did because I know the book ending will be better...or at least more true to the spirit of the books and series up to this point.

I hope GRRM watches this season and it really lights a fire under his ass not to let D&D forever write the only ending to his epic masterpiece. Surely he's not satisfied with how this is playing out, he's a stickler for details and all the things people are pointing out have to be driving him crazy.

But look guys, we all know that D&D are not in the same class as GRRM. They are Hollywood all the way, and they are going to do a Hollywood ending, and they obviously had to rush it more than it deserved for a myriad of reasons. There's no point in being overly pissed about it, and it's not a surprise given there were only 13 episodes covering the last two seasons. I'm going to watch it and enjoy it for what we all know it is, and then I'm going to pray like crazy that GRRM gives us his own ending before it is too late.

DaFace 05-06-2019 05:02 PM

This mentality actually helps me hate it a bit less.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...adopt_to_make/

Quote:

It's no secret that as the show has progressed past the source material, the show's quality has gone down considerably. However I have come up with a fun mindset to continue this journey so I don't feel so terribly about the show's stumble toward it's conclusion. It is as follows:

Both GRRMs version and D&Ds version actually both exist in the same universe. GRRMs version is the written word as recorded by the maesters. It is actually what happened during the story. D & D's story is being told by some drunk uncle at some wedding sometime in the future in Westeros. He starts out sober but continues to get more drunk as the story progresses. By the end he slurs his words. He leaves out details. He makes drunk dick jokes. But he sloppily gets to the end of the story leaving his audience confused and unfulfilled by his drunken conclusion.

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14255502)

Top Comment.

"Grandpa, wouldn't the dragon lady be able to see the pirate man's ships?"

"Forrrgottt."

"But that doesn't-"

"...Scheeeeeee Forrrrrrgohhhhht..."

Pablo 05-06-2019 05:12 PM

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net...d8&oe=5D5C5D27

I'm in. Just let whoever writes his bits take over the whole show and it'll be gold.

Chiefspants 05-06-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14255502)

I like this a lot.

vailpass 05-06-2019 05:55 PM

<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-preview="1"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/blfp9o/no_spoilers_i_couldnt_have_come_up_with_a_better/">[No Spoilers] I couldn't have come up with a better description.</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones">r/gameofthrones</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

Frazod 05-06-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14255210)
Exaaaaactly. WTF? Cersei can have Tyrion feathered with a hand gesture and she doesn't? She can put an end to the Targ rebellion with the flick of a switch and she doesn't?

GoT is built upon being hard, cold, ruthless and indiscriminate as to who dies. The story made it's bones on harsh reality. The first hour of this episode just pissed all over that. We got the emasculation of Jon, Jamie, Tormund, Gendric. I kept hoping Pod would smack them all in the face with his big cock.

The only main characters holding true to the story are Euron, Arya, Sansa, and Hound. And Cersei even though she would have killed them all if GRRM were still driving.

/rant except I'm going to be that guy who quotes himself because I was most gratified to see that hot bitch Cersei listens to me. From last week:

Jon hasn't changed. He still the brooding Forrest Gump of Westeros.

vailpass 05-06-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14255627)
Jon hasn't changed. He still the brooding Forrest Gump of Westeros.

Hah yeah that’s true. He’s gonna’ need to stop kissing his woman’s ass and get her under control though. A little Robert Baratheon style “wear it in silence or I’ll honor you again.”

ChiliConCarnage 05-06-2019 06:43 PM

Just finished watching. The scorpions at KL seem easily destroyable with fire arrows. The episode sort of ends with a Dany bout to lose control and attack without her army feel.

I think they're doing a good job of keeping me guessing. Episode had a ton of direct "Jons the one stuff" along with a good amount of Dany is an emotional dumbass. Jon's dragon dying sort of seems like foreshadowing though so eh. Jaime, you dumbass lol

Bump 05-06-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 14255654)
Just finished watching. The scorpions at KL seem easily destroyable with fire arrows. The episode sort of ends with a Dany bout to lose control and attack without her army feel.

I think they're doing a good job of keeping me guessing. Episode had a ton of direct "Jons the one stuff" along with a good amount of Dany is an emotional dumbass. Jon's dragon dying sort of seems like foreshadowing though so eh. Jaime, you dumbass lol

Ya I was entertained. That's all I care about. It won't ruin my day if the ending to the series sucks.