ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

DaKCMan AP 09-21-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7929164)
The 2nd best football conf. The 3rd best bball conf.....(maybe the best when you combine the two) Not to mention track, baseball, etc... Why let these inferior groups try and pick you apart? It doesn't make sense.

I admire your homerism, but what makes the Big XII the 3rd best basketball conference?

In the last 20 years teams that are in the Big XII have:
1 NCAA Tournament Championship
3 NCAA Tournament Finals appearances
9 NCAA Tournament Final Four appearances

By comparison, in the same time frame SEC teams have:
5 NCAA Tournament Championships
8 NCAA Tournament Finals appearances
13 NCAA Tournament Final Four apperances

Garcia Bronco 09-21-2011 07:03 AM

You supposedly have to have 12 teams to have a championship game.

HolyHandgernade 09-21-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7929177)
I admire your homerism, but what makes the Big XII the 3rd best basketball conference?

If we took out Kansas and Texas for the Big XII and Kentucky and Florida for the SEC, what do those numbers look like?

DaKCMan AP 09-21-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 7929184)
You supposedly have to have 12 teams to have a championship game.

Correct, but 10 teams doesn't revoke a BCS bid. However, like the Big X and Pac-10 in previous years, the lack of a Conference Championship game can hurt your BCS NC game hopes.

RustShack 09-21-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 7916052)
Big 12 is done. I am a clone too, but you are a fukn idiot. Quit posting. You embarass cyclone nation.

That's too bad. Maybe you should stop posting since you're wrong again?

DaKCMan AP 09-21-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 7929192)
If we took out Kansas and Texas for the Big XII and Kentucky and Florida for the SEC, what do those numbers look like?

Big XII
0 NC's
0 Finals
3 Final Fours

SEC
1 NC
2 Finals
4 Final Fours

alnorth 09-21-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7929177)

Pretty much. If I were nit-picky I'd note that the 20 year time frame is convenient since the Texas schools have only recently cared about, and tried to improve on their basketball. I'd wonder what the last 10 years looks like.

Anyway, over the long haul the SEC has done very well. However, if the SEC doesn't pick up their game soon they will have trouble repeating their success. SEC was #6 in conference RPI last year with 2 top-10's, 3 tourney-level teams, and a whole bunch of garbage (including the entire west division)

Bambi 09-21-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7929313)
Pretty much. If I were nit-picky I'd note that the 20 year time frame is convenient since the Texas schools have only recently cared about, and tried to improve on their basketball. I'd wonder what the last 10 years looks like.

Anyway, over the long haul the SEC has done very well. However, if the SEC doesn't pick up their game soon they will have trouble repeating their success. SEC was #6 in conference RPI last year with 2 top-10's, 3 tourney-level teams, and a whole bunch of garbage (including the entire west division)

Little cherry picking.

Make it 25 years and there's another NC (Kansas of course) and a couple more final fours.

But yes, the Big 12 has had some very underwhelming performances in recent years.

Frazod 09-21-2011 08:11 AM

I still hope Alden & Company grow some stones and press ahead with the move, but sadly I don't see it happening. I wonder if they'll dust off their pathetic conference unity statement from last summer and just change a couple of words?

Oh well.

:shake:

epitome1170 09-21-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7929331)
I still hope Alden & Company grow some stones and press ahead with the move, but sadly I don't see it happening. I wonder if they'll dust off their pathetic conference unity statement from last summer and just change a couple of words?

Oh well.

:shake:

Is there even any real hope for this though? It sounds like the B12 is staying put with now OU and UT having firm control. I can't imagine MU leaving with the sterotypical midwest loyalty to fault that they exhibit.

Also, the SEC continues to deny that they have offered MU a spot so MU doesnt have a home if they do leave unless they pull an aTm.

eazyb81 09-21-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitome1170 (Post 7929365)
Is there even any real hope for this though? It sounds like the B12 is staying put with now OU and UT having firm control. I can't imagine MU leaving with the sterotypical midwest loyalty to fault that they exhibit.

Also, the SEC continues to deny that they have offered MU a spot so MU doesnt have a home if they do leave unless they pull an aTm.

SEC also denied they wanted to expand at all, and then denied they wanted A&M. I wouldn't take anything literally at this point.

Still, I fully expect Mizzou to stay in the Big 12 at this point. For some insane reason, Brady Deaton truly believes the Big 12 Zombie Conference is preferable to the SEC.

epitome1170 09-21-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7929371)
SEC also denied they wanted to expand at all, and then denied they wanted A&M. I wouldn't take anything literally at this point.

Still, I fully expect Mizzou to stay in the Big 12 at this point. For some insane reason, Brady Deaton truly believes the Big 12 Zombie Conference is preferable to the SEC.

That is the only reason I have ANY hope that MU goes to the SEC, but I give it a 5% chance.

Infidel Goat 09-21-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7928980)
Here's a thought. If the PAC 12 would have made up their damned minds a week ago and a consensus was reached that the Big 12 would not collapse... Would Syracuse have decided to leave if conference apocalypse was no longer upon them? does the ACC still go after Syracuse and Pitt?

They are now in an awkward situation where they grabbed two schools who they may not now need, and it is awkward to schedule for 14.

It allows the ACC to renegotiate their TV contract to the tune of an additional $3 million or so per school per year. So, yes, I think they would have done it anyway.

I think the ACC holds at 14 until they know what Notre Dame is doing. Rutgers and UConn would jump to get into the conference, but I sense that the ACC is willing to wait until they know they can't get the bigger fish...

DaKCMan AP 09-21-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7929318)
Little cherry picking.

Make it 25 years and there's another NC (Kansas of course) and a couple more final fours.

But yes, the Big 12 has had some very underwhelming performances in recent years.

25 years it looks like:

Big XII
2 NCAA Tournament Championship
5 NCAA Tournament Finals appearances
12 NCAA Tournament Final Four appearances

SEC
15 NCAA Tournament Final Four apperances

Reerun_KC 09-21-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7929542)
25 years it looks like:

Big XII
2 NCAA Tournament Championship
5 NCAA Tournament Finals appearances
12 NCAA Tournament Final Four appearances

SEC
15 NCAA Tournament Final Four apperances

Would be nice if someone would step up and help KU from time to time... LOL