ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

Chiefspants 05-05-2021 04:24 PM

I think the issue with all of these scenarios comes down to this.

Rodgers wants to be in Denver because of their offensive weapons and strength on defense.

Green Bay wants draft picks and talent to replace Rodgers.

But all trades involve trading away either one of Denver's biggest offensive weapons or major strengths on defense. Weakening the team right when Aaron arrives. On the flip side, the draft picks to Denver become INSTANTLY less valuable the moment Aaron arrives in Mile High. It just doesn't seem like there's a clear and obvious match here AFTER this year's draft.

comochiefsfan 05-05-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15663444)
That's precisely why Denver would be foolish to do it.

You don't trade for a guy that you think can make you a contender by giving away pieces that make you a contender.

The biggest reason the Titans, Ravens, and Bills couldn't compete with the Chiefs is that they have no pass rush. The Broncos giving away their pass rush to get Rodgers would essentially put them in the same boat.

It makes no sense at all.

I agree.

And it's why I ultimately don't think a trade ends up happening.

The price Rodgers is going to command will defeat the purpose of acquiring him in the first place, as you alluded to.

I just don't think a deal that would satisfy both sides is realistic in this scenario.

staylor26 05-05-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15663455)

Rodgers wants to be in Denver because of their offensive weapons and strength on defense.

But all trades involve trading away either one of Denver's biggest offensive weapons or major strengths on defense. Weakening the team right when Aaron arrives. On the flip side, the draft picks to Denver become INSTANTLY less valuable the moment Aaron arrives in mile high.

Exactly why I continue to say a trade this offseason is very unlikely.

TEX 05-05-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15663447)
More doable than most others I have seen thrown out there.

Deal is Denver WILL over-pay to get him. It's their ONLY chance to be relevant next season. Personally, if I'm going to give up a king's ransom for a proven QB, I'd pass on the whole Rodgers deal and wait for Deshaun Watson. He's MUCH younger, so parting with the talent and the draft picks it will take to get said QB, won't have as much of a dramatic affect because said QB can play for 10+ years rather than 3 or 4. Give me a young Top 5 QB over and old one with a soon expiring expiration date any day.

Redbled 05-05-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15663373)
Some guy on ESPN says Surtain, Lock, Patrick and the next 2 R1s for Rogers and Stokes (CB).

This sort of thing i don’t understand for a 38 year old QB. Who besides Brady has been good at 40? Salvage the future for a year or two of a chance.

notorious 05-05-2021 04:38 PM

2 late firsts and a pile of shit QB for 3-4 years of Aaron Rodgers?

Green Bay would deserve to be the Detroit of the next 50 years if they are that ****ing stupid.

notorious 05-05-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15663463)
Deal is Denver WILL over-pay to get him. It's their ONLY chance to be relevant next season. Personally, if I'm going to give up a king's ransom for a proven QB, I'd pass on the whole Rodgers deal and wait for Deshaun Watson. He's MUCH younger, so parting with the talent and the draft picks it will take to get said QB, won't have as much of a dramatic affect because said QB can play for 10+ years rather than 3 or 4. Give me a young Top 5 QB over and old one with a soon expiring expiration date any day.

This makes a lot more sense.

Mile High Mania 05-05-2021 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbled (Post 15663466)
This sort of thing i don’t understand for a 38 year old QB. Who besides Brady has been good at 40? Salvage the future for a year or two of a chance.

Exactly my point earlier... I don’t want it for the costs.

Mile High Mania 05-05-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15663452)
Yea coming from a Broncos fan LMAO

That’s an awful deal for the Packers.

I love how people think the Broncos are the only team that can get Rodgers. You think the Raiders are going to sit by and watch the Broncos steal him away for that? Why wouldn’t they just offer the same thing and Carr? LMAO

The only way this happens is if the Broncos add guys like Jeudy and Chubb.

Again, I agree that the team trading for him will have to give up a ton. I’m not a fan of doing that.

Mile High Mania 05-05-2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15663463)

And prior to the lawsuits, I said here I was in favor of giving 3 R1 picks up for Watson.

notorious 05-05-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15663494)
Exactly my point earlier... I don’t want it for the costs.

When it comes to getting a franchise QB, even if they're old, you do it.

Screw the cost.

Would you give up a possible 2-3 year Superbowl window for several "what if" draft picks?

It's a no-brainer for me.

Franchise guys get all the calls in crunch time, too. I don't lie to myself for a minute when the Chiefs get that little nudge when they need it.

Mile High Mania 05-05-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15663499)
When it comes to getting a franchise QB, even if they're old, you do it.

Screw the cost.

Would you give up a possible 2-3 year Superbowl window for several "what if" draft picks?

It's a no-brainer for me.

Franchise guys get all the calls in crunch time, too. I don't lie to myself for a minute when the Chiefs get that little nudge when they need it.

If the cost is Jeudy or Chubb, another player and 3 R1 picks... I decline.

Mulliganman 05-05-2021 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15663455)

But all trades involve trading away either one of Denver's biggest offensive weapons or major strengths on defense. Weakening the team right when Aaron arrives. On the flip side, the draft picks to Denver become INSTANTLY less valuable the moment Aaron arrives in Mile High. It just doesn't seem like there's a clear and obvious match here AFTER this year's draft.

I don’t know if it’s true or not but I heard he doesn’t have have a no trade clause. If that’s the case banish him to Houston so he’d really have something to bitch about 😂

Mile High Mania 05-05-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulliganman (Post 15663508)
I don’t know if it’s true or not but I heard he doesn’t have have a no trade clause. If that’s the case banish him to Houston so he’d really have something to bitch about 😂

That’s true, he does not.

notorious 05-05-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15663501)
If the cost is Jeudy or Chubb, another player and 3 R1 picks... I decline.

It's a tough one, MHM.

You've seen what happens when you don't have "the guy". Denver just happened to be the one exception to the rule back in 2015.

It won't happen again. You have to get a QB.