ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Please delete my account... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74626)

KCTitus 11-10-2003 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaporizerMan
It was classless and it doesn't matter if it was racist or not. Shit like that shouldn't be tolerated on a BB, on parkbench, on the playground, or wherever. These so-called more intelligent adults should know better.

I disagree...'more intelligent' adults would know how to handle and ignore it properly rather than get bent.

Again, since when did this society become so afflicted with the 'word' sensitivity that they cant sack up as an adult and deal with it.

Loki 11-10-2003 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
I see someone has figured it out...

on a related note, I did some self examination in light of the recent panty twisting that went on this weekend and have not found a word or words that someone could call me on an Internet board that would cause me to turn into a giant puss like Teej did here and Ive even been called the worst words of them all on several occasions.

indeed. it's just a bulletin board for cripes sakes.

it would also seem that someone who has well over 14,000 posts on this board that they have heard worse/dished out worse. if i liked this board as much as he apparently does and had that many posts, i doubt i'd let someone run me off...

what do you expect from a forum where people aren't sitting down face to face slinging insults?

Clint in Wichita 11-10-2003 09:25 AM

Taco’s account should’ve been deactivated long ago for trolling.

I just hope both Taco and the Mods have the sack to follow through with this “sad farewell”.

As far as the racist posts/messages, I couldn’t care less.

redbrian 11-10-2003 09:25 AM

Well I guess this leaves my sig line a little moot does it not.
I for one have always enjoyed reading the trolls stuff, and will miss tacofan………………not at all, don’t let the door hit you in the butt.

Michael Michigan 11-10-2003 09:25 AM

One thing we can all agree on is that TJ and Denise are whores.

Attention whores.

The largest audience they can play to is right here--on the planet.

Neither will ever leave.

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 09:25 AM

Quote:

I disagree...'more intelligent' adults would know how to handle and ignore it properly rather than get bent.

Again, since when did this society become so afflicted with the 'word' sensitivity that they cant sack up as an adult and deal with it.

Great. Never know when somebody might call your mother a whore too. Since you seem to think it is okay.

MrBlond 11-10-2003 09:26 AM

Quote:

It was classless and it doesn't matter if it was racist or not. Shit like that shouldn't be tolerated on a BB, on parkbench, on the playground, or wherever. These so-called more intelligent adults should know better.

But TJ couldnt complain about just name-calling because he is one of the worst offenders. He had to include the racial part for martydom.

If he just says: "Delete my account, otter called my mom a name." He would have been laughed off the net completely.

And I am not bashing TJ for calling names in the past. Like I said, I like name calling. Especially really creative names. Like Booger-eater.

KCTitus 11-10-2003 09:27 AM

Quote:

Great. Never know when somebody might call your mother a whore too. Since you seem to think it is okay.

This is when the indoctrination kicks in I guess. Didnt say it was ok, just said adults should learn how to deal with it and ignore it.

MrBlond 11-10-2003 09:27 AM

Quote:

Actually, Titus's mother was too drunk to be a whore. She didnt have the work ethic required for whoring.

Eleazar 11-10-2003 09:29 AM

If someone says something you don't like how about putting them on ignore instead of crying like a 4 year old. Fuggin primadonnas.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Michigan
Denise will never post here.

She said so.

Think about that.

;)

Excellent_point.

KCTitus 11-10-2003 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlond
Actually, Titus's mother was too drunk to be a whore. She didnt have the work ethic required for whoring.

I forget the one about combat boots...that was a good one I heard a couple of times on the playground.

MrBlond 11-10-2003 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
If someone says something you don't like how about putting them on ignore instead of crying like a 4 year old. Fuggin primadonnas.

Putting someone on ignore wouldnt garner a 330 post thread.

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 09:32 AM

Quote:

This is when the indoctrination kicks in I guess. Didnt say it was ok, just said adults should learn how to deal with it and ignore it.

SO let me get this straight. It's not okay to say your mother is a whore but adults should learn how to deal with it and ignore it? Umm excuse me but wouldn't that be considered tolerating an action that is not okay in the first place. In other words, advocating the action?

KCWolfman 11-10-2003 09:32 AM

Quote:

I think there is a happy medium between yours and Greg's idea of what should actually be done.

I wouldn't ignore it, but I wouldn't post it in a public format as a desperate cry for attention either.

Let's get some facts straight. They had been pm'ing each other for some time. TJ's complaint wasn't that Otter called his mother a whore, his complaint was that his mother is not Mexican but rather "a portly white woman" (his quote verbatim).

Otter went overboard, but I don't know what else was said privately between them - perhaps TJ did as well? Perhaps he didn't?

However, to come onto the board and beat his chest like a hired Greek mourner saying Otter was mean for calling his mom a Mexican is not only childish, it is stupid and guaranteed to do the following:

1. Continue the instigation between the two
2. Get a huge cry of attention for a poster who constantly cries out for it.

An adult would have addressed the issue with a moderator, not try to make a cute post about it.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 09:32 AM

Quote:

One thing we can all agree on is that TJ and Denise are whores.

Attention whores.

The largest audience they can play to is right here--on the planet.

Neither will ever leave.

Yep.

htismaqe 11-10-2003 09:33 AM

Wow, once again I missed all of the drama. :(

And just so jettio knows that I am also a moderator that abuses my power, I have removed 2292 posts from MrBlond's artificially inflated post total, putting him roughly 900 posts behind ME. :D

MrBlond 11-10-2003 09:34 AM

Quote:

I forget the one about combat boots...that was a good one I heard a couple of times on the playground.

I only felt free to say that about your momma because of your recent self examination:

Quote:

...on a related note, I did some self examination in light of the recent panty twisting that went on this weekend and have not found a word or words that someone could call me on an Internet board that would cause me to turn into a giant puss like Teej ....
Also your momma is so old she has a grey wig.

KCWolfman 11-10-2003 09:34 AM

Quote:

But TJ couldnt complain about just name-calling because he is one of the worst offenders. He had to include the racial part for martydom.

If he just says: "Delete my account, otter called my mom a name." He would have been laughed off the net completely.

And I am not bashing TJ for calling names in the past. Like I said, I like name calling. Especially really creative names. Like Booger-eater.

Booger-eater is hardly creative, penguin-vomit breath.

KCTitus 11-10-2003 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
I think there is a happy medium between yours and Greg's idea of what should actually be done.

It's my understanding that this originiated from a PM/Smoke Signal...IMO it should have been deleted and ignored. It's stupid and just and attempt to get a rise. Teej likes playing the race victim card, he's done it before, so I dont find this episode suprising.

Earthling 11-10-2003 09:35 AM

PBJ I think I won !!!!
Wait a minute...Is this the thread where the last poster wins..??

ROYC75 11-10-2003 09:36 AM

As I have said in a previous post, many on here need to develope some thick shin. Some post are meant to be fun smack, some are intended to humilate. Since we all are miles apart and most of us don't know the other personally, we should watch how we attack the other.

Now some of you basturds on here ( not calling names, you know who you are ;) )can say what you want to another because we know each other well enough it doesn't offend.

Personal attacks with hostility intended is a violation of this BB, I'm sure the mod's have handled it to the best of their ability. Keep in mind that some people are as wacko as our favorite NEPA fan.

TJ was good at starting crab, it was fun for him, he has been calmed down many times by the mod's, no big deal, how this was handled is not my call and I won't get in volved.

Knowing all to well the behind the back attacks of another poster involved, my only comments are, this does not suprise me in the least.
( I'm sure most of those on here know what this is about, I will not discuss this across the BB)

It's easy to be a basturd and sling mud, when it gets personal and YOU go to the intent to humiliate, YOU are then becoming involved to much and YOU should step back and evaluate YOURSELF .

KCWolfman 11-10-2003 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe

And just so jettio knows that I am also a moderator that abuses my power, I have removed 2292 posts from MrBlond's artificially inflated post total, putting him roughly 900 posts behind ME. :D

jettio won't complain, he is too much a pu$$y.

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 09:37 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't ignore it, but I wouldn't post it in a public format as a desperate cry for attention either.

Let's get some facts straight. They had been pm'ing each other for some time. TJ's complaint wasn't that Otter called his mother a whore, his complaint was that his mother is not Mexican but rather "a portly white woman" (his quote verbatim).

Otter went overboard, but I don't know what else was said privately between them - perhaps TJ did as well? Perhaps he didn't?

However, to come onto the board and beat his chest like a hired Greek mourner saying Otter was mean for calling his mom a Mexican is not only childish, it is stupid and guaranteed to do the following:

1. Continue the instigation between the two
2. Get a huge cry of attention for a poster who constantly cries out for it.

An adult would have addressed the issue with a moderator, not try to make a cute post about it.

I don't really know but I highly doubt Taco would have made a post about this crap if Otter would have said "your mother is a mexican".

Including the word whore brought a whole new meaning and viciousness to the what was said. If you can't see that then I'm sorry for you.

MrBlond 11-10-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Oh, you mexican bastard. :deevee:

the Talking Can 11-10-2003 09:39 AM

taco left because he couldn't handle the Chiefs winning and the donkos losing...he only likes to post here when he has leverage, so instead of enduring increasing heaps of justified smack he seized on this opportunity to cut and run...taco had a problem with ONE poster and decided to go nuclear and blame the whole board...he expected us to beg him to stay after he loudly announced that he was leaving...he returned 28 min. later to loudly announce AGAIN that he was leaving...and here were are: the new over/under on taco drama returning is 72 hours....any takers?

htismaqe 11-10-2003 09:40 AM

Quote:

Oh, you mexican bastard. :deevee:

That's it. I'm leaving.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
taco left because he couldn't handle the Chiefs winning and the donkos losing...he only likes to post here when he has leverage, so instead of enduring increasing heaps of justified smack he seized on this opportunity to cut and run...taco had a problem with ONE poster and decided to go nuclear and blame the whole board...he expected us to beg him to stay after he loudly announced that he was leaving...he returned 28 min. later to loudly announce AGAIN that he was leaving...and here were are: the new over/under on taco drama returning is 72 hours....any takers?

I'll_take_the_over.

KCWolfman 11-10-2003 09:43 AM

Quote:

I don't really know but I highly doubt Taco would have made a post about this crap if Otter would have said "your mother is a mexican".

Including the word whore brought a whole new meaning and viciousness to the what was said. If you can't see that then I'm sorry for you.

Evidently you didn't read TJ's post regarding the topic and failed to read my entire post - TJ's sole complaint was "my mother is not a Mexican, she is a portly white woman". He had no mention of the word "whore" in his complaint. As far as being "sorry for" me, I sincerely doubt you mean that at all.

Now, let's be realistic, he probably was upset that the word whore was used. However, he wanted to garner attention so he attempted to make the post humorous at the same time he was whining so he went with "mexican" instead of "whore". Hell, he even admitted the crap he posted wouldn't be tolerated on his own BB in the sports section.

Otter was wrong, and TJ was wrong. Otter handled his issue privately, so he was dealt with privately. TJ aired his dirty panties in public so he was dealt with in public.

If you can't see that, then I feel sorry for you - no, wait, I don't feel anything for you at all.

Archie F. Swin 11-10-2003 09:44 AM

that's pretty sad when a glorified, attention sucking, donx forum running, Chiefs fan with trollish tendencies, commands 300+ posts with only one whorish post!

I'm jealous as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more !:harumph:

How long are you going to humor this guy by squabbling about who likes and hates TJ the most?

KCTitus 11-10-2003 09:44 AM

Quote:

SO let me get this straight. It's not okay to say your mother is a whore but adults should learn how to deal with it and ignore it? Umm excuse me but wouldn't that be considered tolerating an action that is not okay in the first place. In other words, advocating the action?

Whatever...you dont get my point and Im not inclined to post 5,000 words to explain it. Suffice it to say, too many get too wrapped up in policing what words we use today and I find it troubling.

MrBlond 11-10-2003 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can

TJ will not be back until he has really good Chiefs smack. Maybe a playoff loss or a major injury. First he will start with the "Thanks for all the support. I've put this behind me." Next will be the fake sympathy: "I know what its like to suffer a catastrophic loss. We did that right before we won back to back superbowls". Then the passive aggressive smack: "you guys had all the pieces. Too bad you blew it". Then the outright smack: "You still suck and Denver is the best team in the AFCW!"

I swear I can see the future.

Baby Lee 11-10-2003 09:46 AM

So when and where is the candlelight vigil in support of PM civility?

On a related note, you should have seen the incendiary stuff Taco wrote regarding yours truly in the last message he sent me by carrier pigeon. Reminded me of the bad old days of smaque via couriered vellum screed.

Talisman 11-10-2003 09:46 AM

Is the Planet going to start producing a magazine like the soaps do where I can catch up on all the week's drama?

TJ's just trying to take our attention off the fact the Chargers are gaining on the Donks and we're on cruise control. Yesterday we went 9-0. He should be gulping down the crow, instead he's here playing the victim, flashing his sad puppy eyes and getting some of you trouser bandits to support him. Weak. Very weak.

Taco: Next time, use the "I'm rubber, you're glue" line. I learned it in 2nd grade and it still works. The "Sticks and stones" one is pretty good too. Maybe you should just stop in at an elementary school and talk to the kids about how they deal with these kind of situations. You might learn something. Or at least you'll find a group of other whiners & crybabies to hang out with.

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 09:47 AM

Quote:

Evidently you didn't read TJ's post regarding the topic and failed to read my entire post - TJ's sole complaint was "my mother is not a Mexican, she is a portly white woman". He had no mention of the word "whore" in his complaint. As far as being "sorry for" me, I sincerely doubt you mean that at all.

Now, let's be realistic, he probably was upset that the word whore was used. However, he wanted to garner attention so he attempted to make the post humorous at the same time he was whining so he went with "mexican" instead of "whore". Hell, he even admitted the crap he posted wouldn't be tolerated on his own BB in the sports section.

Otter was wrong, and TJ was wrong. Otter handled his issue privately, so he was dealt with privately. TJ aired his dirty panties in public so he was dealt with in public.

If you can't see that, then I feel sorry for you - no, wait, I don't feel anything for you at all.

Great conspiracy theory. :thumb:

BTW I do feel sorry for you.

MrBlond 11-10-2003 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin
that's pretty sad when a glorified, attention sucking, donx forum running, Chiefs fan with trollish tendencies, commands 300+ posts with only one whorish post!

I'm jealous as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more !:harumph:

How long are you going to humor this guy by squabbling about who likes and hates TJ the most?

Well, I for one am only here to inflate my post count. That and bagging on TJ is always good for some cheap rep.

Mark M 11-10-2003 09:47 AM

Quote:

So I guess if I were call, say, Priest Holmes, a ******, that it's okay and everyone should ignore it?

If I call Tony Gonzalez a spic, then it should just be ignored?

They are words of hate. Ignoring them isn't going to make the problem going away. Of course, neither is crying about it--but to ignore it is even worse IMHO.

It's amazing how white people think everyone's so sensitive. I guess it has to do with the fact that we've never dealt with abuse in this manner. Maybe if we had we'd feel different.

MM
~~:shrug:

the Talking Can 11-10-2003 09:49 AM

Quote:

TJ will not be back until he has really good Chiefs smack. Maybe a playoff loss or a major injury. First he will start with the "Thanks for all the support. I've put this behind me." Next will be the fake sympathy: "I know what its like to suffer a catastrophic loss. We did that right before we won back to back superbowls". Then the passive aggressive smack: "you guys had all the pieces. Too bad you blew it". Then the outright smack: "You still suck and Denver is the best team in the AFCW!"

I swear I can see the future.

that is a textbook description of his process...

Loki 11-10-2003 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talisman
Taco: Next time, use the "I'm rubber, you're glue" line. I learned it in 2nd grade and it still works. The "Sticks and stones" one is pretty good too. Maybe you should just stop in at an elementary school and talk to the kids about how they deal with these kind of situations. You might learn something. Or at least you'll find a group of other whiners & crybabies to hang out with.

LOL... pure gold dude!

KCWolfman 11-10-2003 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark M
So I guess if I were call, say, Priest Holmes, a ******, that it's okay and everyone should ignore it?

They are words of hate. Ignoring them isn't going to make the problem going away. Of course, neither is crying about it--but to ignore it is even worse IMHO.

It's amazing how white people think everyone's so sensitive. I guess it has to do with the fact that we've never dealt with abuse in this manner. Maybe if we had we'd feel different.

MM

Mark - Actually, I agree with you, partially anyway. I won't get into semantics with you, but white people are ridiculed on a daily basis and we are expected to ignore it - IMO that is a huge disparity that causes the issue you address above.

TJ shouldn't have ignored it at all if he felt so incensed about the issue. But an adult would have addressed the issue as an adult, not put a post on the board crying out for attention.

Something else to take into account, TJ owns his own BB and has for years. He knows the correct way to handle such issues. He even admitted that he would have handled the issue differently on his own board and that the action I took was appropriate if I were a Mange Moderator. TJ knew the action he took was inappropriate and was done solely to whore for attention.

I brought it up first (regardless of who Titus gives credit to ;) ), TJ cannot just slink off into the goodnight, but probably hates this board more and more everyday. His inflammatory posts have caught up with him and he is sick of eating crow. This way he gets to leave without being called a coward and still gets his attention. He is no better than the people out of control that he moderates on his own board - as an adult and a moderator, he should know better.

ChiTown 11-10-2003 09:57 AM

LOL

This is just too priceless to pass up. The last time TJ got all riled up over this, I was involved with "slandering" our local shit stirrer. I called TJ a person of Hispanic heritage, and he called me a racist. He said that I was a blatant bigot. What he failed to understand was that I'm also partially Hispanic. I was ribbing him for being so thin skinned on a BB of all places. It's one thing to be derogatory to a person you are communicating with over a BB (which is an insane arena anyway), it's completely different if you are doing this in person, or over a phone. For TJ to get so bent over this on a Chiefs BB forum is hilarious, IMO.

I say good riddence to the FN putz.

shakesthecat 11-10-2003 09:57 AM

What I don't understand is, who has the gun at Taco's head, forcing him to log on to the Planet.

The poor guy obviously doesn't want to be here, but apparently some evil Chief fan forces him to post against his will.

Archie F. Swin 11-10-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Well, I for one am only here to inflate my post count. That and bagging on TJ is always good for some cheap rep.

yep . . same here . . . I'm an attention whore in training, Still trying to lean how to post without consulting my heart or mind . . . just the debil on my shoulder

ndbbm 11-10-2003 09:58 AM

Quote:

You're in the wrong line of work dude. Ask a white cop if he's ever been insulted racially.

KCTitus 11-10-2003 10:00 AM

Quote:

MM

'everyone' wouldnt ignore it, but my guess is Priest or Tony probably wouldnt breakdown crying and start posting messages on this BB about how hurt he was because Mark called them bad names or my new favorite term 'words of hate'--oooh sounds so sinister.

No, to the contrary, the word police would be out in full force and you would spend the rest of your natural born life paying penance for a stupid remark and the word police would never let you live it down.

As far as being white and never having to endure abuse, sorry, bud, you've got that wrong...Im not going to go into it, because it's of no consequence, that was a good response, almost text book.

ChiTown 11-10-2003 10:04 AM

Quote:

MM

:spock:

Yes, words of hate. Everthing that comes from the fingers of TJ could be summed up as words of hate. Oh, he diguises them as "friendly smaque", but don't kid yourself. His posts are full of hatred. It's just that many just continue to let his words of hate roll off their backs, because this is just a MESSGAGE BB.

redsurfer11 11-10-2003 10:13 AM

Taco, you're too much of an attention whore to stay away. You come over here to Bait and Troll for reactions from Chiefs fans.Now you get a reaction from a Chiefs fan that you don't like. Go slip back under that rock you came from. This is your Junkie Fix. You asked for it, and you got it.

Talisman 11-10-2003 10:15 AM

I think I would react similarly if someone called my mom a Canadian. Mixing up my mother's country of origin and then calling her the proper term for people from that area is the worst insult ever in my book. :rolleyes:

Mark M 11-10-2003 10:16 AM

Quote:

Mark - Actually, I agree with you, partially anyway. I won't get into semantics with you, but white people are ridiculed on a daily basis and we are expected to ignore it - IMO that is a huge disparity that causes the issue you address above.

TJ shouldn't have ignored it at all if he felt so incensed about the issue. But an adult would have addressed the issue as an adult, not put a post on the board crying out for attention.

Something else to take into account, TJ owns his own BB and has for years. He knows the correct way to handle such issues. He even admitted that he would have handled the issue differently on his own board and that the action I took was appropriate if I were a Mange Moderator. TJ knew the action he took was inappropriate and was done solely to whore for attention.

I brought it up first (regardless of who Titus gives credit to ;) ), TJ cannot just slink off into the goodnight, but probably hates this board more and more everyday. His inflammatory posts have caught up with him and he is sick of eating crow. This way he gets to leave without being called a coward and still gets his attention. He is no better than the people out of control that he moderates on his own board - as an adult and a moderator, he should know better.

Oh, I don't disagree that TJ handled this the wrong way. I agree that he can't admit when he is wrong and this a convenient way for him to leave as a "victim."

But this isn't the first time someone's thrown racial smack out there towards TJ, only to have some folks spin it so that it's okay. Which is what I see some folks doing here. Just because TJ's been a jerk for so long, it's okay to insult him for his heritage. Sorry, but I disagree with that.

And like both ChiTown and Titus pointed out, racism isn't just a white issue--I lived in southeast DC, in a building of 800 people where I was the ONLY white guy. So I'm well aware of how it works the other way. Hell, I almost got shot just because of my skin color.

But, as a white guy, I haven't dealt with racism on the level as a black, hispanic, or even Jewish person has dealt with it. So for me to say "well, they just have thin skin" is, IMHO not the way to handle it.

I feel as though bringing up anyone's race for any reason is unjustified. Instead of saying "this black guy I work with," I just say "this guy I work with." That doesn't make me perfect or culturally sensitive or anything else--I just fail to see how race matters in 99.99% of situations. To bring it up in an insult is just plain wrong, again, IMHO.

MM

Baby Lee 11-10-2003 10:22 AM

Quote:

But this isn't the first time someone's thrown racial smack out there towards TJ, only to have some folks spin it so that it's okay.

There is some discernable difference between 'okay' and 'Armageddon.'
Needling taco's Achilles heel [I'm sorry, was that Greco-phobic?] in his sensitivity to his ancestry might not be the height of discourse, but it's not neccesary to break out the ash and sack-cloth, and the flagellum.

KCWolfman 11-10-2003 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
There is some discernable difference between 'okay' and 'Armageddon.'
Needling taco's Achilles heel [I'm sorry, was that Greco-phobic?] in his sensitivity to his ancestry might not be the height of discourse, but it's not neccesary to break out the ash and sack-cloth, and the flagellum.

You do realize your vague references are generally lost on the majority, kind of like Dennis Miller. Unlike Miller, at least you are funny.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 10:27 AM

Quote:

Oh, I don't disagree that TJ handled this the wrong way. I agree that he can't admit when he is wrong and this a convenient way for him to leave as a "victim."

But this isn't the first time someone's thrown racial smack out there towards TJ, only to have some folks spin it so that it's okay. Which is what I see some folks doing here. Just because TJ's been a jerk for so long, it's okay to insult him for his heritage. Sorry, but I disagree with that.

And like both ChiTown and Titus pointed out, racism isn't just a white issue--I lived in southeast DC, in a building of 800 people where I was the ONLY white guy. So I'm well aware of how it works the other way. Hell, I almost got shot just because of my skin color.

But, as a white guy, I haven't dealt with racism on the level as a black, hispanic, or even Jewish person has dealt with it. So for me to say "well, they just have thin skin" is, IMHO not the way to handle it.

I feel as though bringing up anyone's race for any reason is unjustified. Instead of saying "this black guy I work with," I just say "this guy I work with." That doesn't make me perfect or culturally sensitive or anything else--I just fail to see how race matters in 99.99% of situations. To bring it up in an insult is just plain wrong, again, IMHO.

MM

So_why_do_blacks_continue_to_call_themselves_African_Americans?

Hispanics_Latin_Americans?_Why_not_just_plain_Americans?

Minorities_do_as_much_as_any_racist_to_contribute_to_the_social_divide.

They_need_thicker_skin_or_they_need_to_drop_the_BS_and_join_their_fellow_countrymen_as_Americans.

Baby Lee 11-10-2003 10:29 AM

Quote:

You do realize your vague references are generally lost on the majority, kind of like Dennis Miller. Unlike Miller, at least you are funny.

Did you mean to type 'obscure?' ;)

Talisman 11-10-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderhader
So_why_do_blacks_continue_to_call_themselves_African_Americans?

Hispanics_Latin_Americans?_Why_not_just_plain_Americans?

Minorities_do_as_much_as_any_racist_to_contribute_to_the_social_divide.

They_need_thicker_skin_or_they_need_to_drop_the_BS_and_join_their_fellow_countrymen_as_Americans.

I'd like to buy a space, please Pat.

Brock 11-10-2003 10:33 AM

Quote:

Hell, I almost got shot just because of my skin color.

But, as a white guy, I haven't dealt with racism on the level as a black, hispanic, or even Jewish person has dealt with it.

Yeah, you've never had a word applied to you, but were nearly shot. You're just unlucky.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 10:35 AM

Quote:

I'd like to buy a space, please Pat.

ROFL

Hopefully_today_the_disc_will_arrive.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers
Yeah, you've never had a word applied to you, but were nearly shot. You're just unlucky.

I_found_that_a_little_ironic_myself.

Mark M 11-10-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers

:LOL:

The point is, it wouldn't have been an issue had it not been for a few hundred years of racism before that. Now, should I (or anyone else) be punished for past issues? Of course not. But for me to say that the anger some minorities feel is unjustified or because of thin skin is not correct either.

raiderhader--
I agree completely. Unfortunately, IMHO, that'll never happen. Why? Because there are still people out there who will judge other due to their skin color or ancestry. And as long as that happens, people will separate themselves in ways they see fit.

I mean, CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? :)

BTW, what the hell is up with the underscores? It's called a space bar. Try using it sometime.

MM
~~:)

Cntrygal 11-10-2003 10:42 AM

Over at billszone we have a "deadhorse" smilie that would be perfect for this thread.

Slayer

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 10:47 AM

Quote:

:LOL:

The point is, it wouldn't have been an issue had it not been for a few hundred years of racism before that. Now, should I (or anyone else) be punished for past issues? Of course not. But for me to say that the anger some minorities feel is unjustified or because of thin skin is not correct either.

raiderhader--
I agree completely. Unfortunately, IMHO, that'll never happen. Why? Because there are still people out there who will judge other due to their skin color or ancestry. And as long as that happens, people will separate themselves in ways they see fit.

I mean, CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? :)

BTW, what the hell is up with the underscores? It's called a space bar. Try using it sometime.

MM
~~:)

I_would_use_the_space_bar_if_it_would_work,_but_it_won't.

Of_course_we'll_never_have_complete_harmony,_but_the_fact_remains_that_minorities_don't_want_to_get_ along.

At_what_point_do_they_decide_to_move_on?_The_hate_is_not_healthy_for_them_or_the_country.

Forgive_and_forget_or_continue_to_face_more_hatred_than_would_otherwise_be_the_case.

They_continue_to_drag_out_the_problem_with_hate_and_double_standards._They_aren't_receiving_much_sym pathy_support_that_is_for_sure.

Talisman 11-10-2003 10:49 AM

Quote:

I_would_use_the_space_bar_if_it_would_work,_but_it_won't.

Oh, I thought you were just doing a poor job of underlining.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 10:51 AM

Quote:

Oh, I thought you were just doing a poor job of underlining.

LOL!

Pennywise 11-10-2003 10:51 AM

I bet Taco would come back if it turned out he was right about Elizabeth Smart.

He did have some interesting points...

BIG_DADDY 11-10-2003 10:56 AM

Quote:

MM

You have to be kidding me Mark. Taco just by naming himself Taco made race an issue. One of my buddies used to post here, his name was masonic. He caught tons of crap for having that name. Did he complain even once? NOT This PC crap is over the top. Call me a whitey,cracker, honkey or whatever you like. It may not be right as you put it but give me a break these crybabies need to toughen up especially when the poster himself made race an issue. As a Chiefs fan what do you think would happen if I went to a Raiders BB and stared flaming everyone with the name Honkey? I guarantee you I would catch some grief about race and it would be expected. I would never cry racism and pretend to be a victim.
BTW, this would make you very PC there Mark.

Lzen 11-10-2003 10:58 AM

Ummm, I haven't been keeping up on this. Would anyone mind giving me a condensed version of what the Hell is going on here? I don't feel like reading the whole thread. :)

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Ummm, I haven't been keeping up on this. Would anyone mind giving me a condensed version of what the Hell is going on here? I don't feel like reading the whole thread. :)

Otter_and_TJ_are_PMSing.

Chief Faithful 11-10-2003 11:02 AM

TJ leaving is just an indication of how well the Chiefs are playing. So typical of Bronco fans. The OrganMange is drying up with all the negative comments.

BIG_DADDY 11-10-2003 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennyWise
I bet Taco would come back if it turned out he was right about Elizabeth Smart.

He did have some interesting points...

Oh yes the infamous Immanuel Taco Isaiah and his trusty dog Hephzibah Tortilla Isaiah. Yep he was right, the beeotch was asking for it.

All the specials on Elizabeth are coming out about now. It's time for Taco to head on down to Costco to stock up on the hand cream.

Lzen 11-10-2003 11:06 AM

Quote:

Otter_and_TJ_are_PMSing.

:LOL: I didn't mean that condensed, Mr. space bar deficient.

Mark M 11-10-2003 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
You have to be kidding me Mark. Taco just by naming himself Taco made race an issue. One of my buddies used to post here, his name was masonic. He caught tons of crap for having that name. Did he complain even once? NOT This PC crap is over the top. Call me a whitey,cracker, honkey or whatever you like. It may not be right as you put it but give me a break these crybabies need to toughen up especially when the poster himself made race an issue. As a Chiefs fan what do you think would happen if I went to a Raiders BB and stared flaming everyone with the name Honkey? I guarantee you I would catch some grief about race and it would be expected. I would never cry racism and pretend to be a victim.
BTW, this would make you very PC there Mark.

So, because he named himself T aco it's okay for people to use racial slurs? Sorry, but I disagree. I also disagree with the way TJ has handled it, but that doesn't give everyone a right to do it in the first place, IMHO.

As far as people calling you whitey or cracker, it's just a bit different IMHO. Whites haven't spent hundreds of years watching their relatives be lynched, watching them not get jobs, watching them have to use different water fountains, etc. just because of their skin color. Once again, why is it always the white folks that discuss having thicker skin? Because in most cases they haven't experienced the ugliness of racism--at least not on the same level.

As far as me being PC--yes, I am. And that's my choice. If you see that as wrong, that's your choice. IMHO, I have no right to tell another group of people what they should or shouldn't be called. Personally, "Human" would be a good choice. But as I posted to raiderhader, until racism is wiped out, groups will continue to find ways to identify themselves in ways that they see fit. It's not up to me to tell them how to do so.

MM

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
:LOL: I didn't mean that condensed, Mr. space bar deficient.

Well_when_it_comes_right_down_to_it,_that's_about_the_whole_of_it.

htismaqe 11-10-2003 11:23 AM

Quote:

Well, I for one am only here to inflate my post count.

Well, I better get to work then.

:hmmm: Back to 19k, or should I go lower? :hmmm:

MrBlond 11-10-2003 11:26 AM

Quote:

Well, I better get to work then.

:hmmm: Back to 19k, or should I go lower? :hmmm:

Thank you sir, may I have another? :doh!:

BIG_DADDY 11-10-2003 11:28 AM

Quote:

So, because he named himself T aco it's okay for people to use racial slurs? Sorry, but I disagree. I also disagree with the way TJ has handled it, but that doesn't give everyone a right to do it in the first place, IMHO.

As far as people calling you whitey or cracker, it's just a bit different IMHO. Whites haven't spent hundreds of years watching their relatives be lynched, watching them not get jobs, watching them have to use different water fountains, etc. just because of their skin color. Once again, why is it always the white folks that discuss having thicker skin? Because in most cases they haven't experienced the ugliness of racism--at least not on the same level.

As far as me being PC--yes, I am. And that's my choice. If you see that as wrong, that's your choice. IMHO, I have no right to tell another group of people what they should or shouldn't be called. Personally, "Human" would be a good choice. But as I posted to raiderhader, until racism is wiped out, groups will continue to find ways to identify themselves in ways that they see fit. It's not up to me to tell them how to do so.

MM

First of all Mark you said it didn't make you PC and I was just stating that it does, not whether it was right or wrong.

Secondly very few people (I seriously doubt any on this BB) ever saw their families sit in the back of the bus or be restricted from drinking at certain water fountains.

Thirdly, I got in little trouble when I was younger and spent some time behind bars. I seriously doubt there are many on this BB that have ever experienced racism on that level. Whitey behind bars means listening to racial slurs every day along with comments about your family, girl, whatever.

Lastly, Whites these days are putting up with racism on a daily basis as much or more than anyone. From not getting jobs or being accepted in schools because of our skin color to whitey jokes on TV. It's all PC now and I guess it's all what us crackers deserve. But don't you dare be whitey and say anything about anyone else. Excuse me if I don't accept that.

htismaqe 11-10-2003 11:36 AM

Quote:

Thank you sir, may I have another? :doh!:

:evil:

Oxford 11-10-2003 11:39 AM

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

No one is asking for a racial slur by using a "suggestive term" for a nom-deguere if they are describing themselves.

However, just because someone is a bu%%hole, does not make them racist. FWIW, it seems the ones supposedly "color blind" are playing from a deck of 52 race cards.

Sometimes we must remember that ignorance is correctible and stupidity is not. Neither of those is a crime either!

Mark M 11-10-2003 11:44 AM

Let the flaming of me continue!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
First of all Mark you said it didn't make you PC and I was just stating that it does, not whether it was right or wrong.

Where did I say that it didn't make me PC? Must've missed that.

Quote:

Secondly very few people (I seriously doubt any on this BB) ever saw their families sit in the back of the bus or be restricted from drinking at certain water fountains.
Actually, considering that it was only 40 years ago that stuff like that was happening, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people still around that remember that. Maybe not on this BBs considering that a vast majority on here are white men, but there are still plenty of people left who can remember it.

Quote:

Thirdly, I got in little trouble when I was younger and spent some time behind bars. I seriously doubt there are many on this BB that have ever experienced racism on that level. Whitey behind bars means listening to racial slurs every day along with comments about your family, girl, whatever.
Then I guess you should've had thicker skin, right? I mean, it shouldn't matter what someone calls you--you should just ignore it.

Quote:

Lastly, Whites these days are putting up with racism on a daily basis as much or more than anyone. From not getting jobs or being accepted in schools because of our skin color to whitey jokes on TV. It's all PC now and I guess it's all what us crackers deserve. But don't you dare be whitey and say anything about anyone else. Excuse me if I don't accept that.
ROFL You're kidding me, right? How many TV shows on national networks feature whites as the main or only characters (i.e. Friends)? Most. How many coaches in the NFL and MLB (the two biggest sports), are white? A HUGE majority. How many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are white? Almost all of them.

I agree that affirmative action (job quotas, school quotas, etc.) are ridiculous and should be done away with. But a white guy trying to play the victim is way off IMHO.

I do wonder, why all of the white backlash lately? Seriously ... in the last 40 years minorities have made great strides, and now that they're finally getting some power, the white male is suddenly the victim? Why is that? Do some of you feel threatened? Is it that now that the tables are turned you see the problems with racism and exclusion and don't like it? Is it that now that you're the target of jokes and being treated differently that it's not okay anymore? Or is it simply the double standard?

Seriously ... I'm curious to know why all of the back lash.

MM

memyselfI 11-10-2003 11:44 AM

Quote:

Denise will never post here.

She said so.

Think about that.

;)

You can keep repeating it and it doesn't make it true. I said I'd probably not be a REGULAR here. And compared to some folks, I ain't. :D I did not say I would not ever post here because I did the first day and did sparcely thereafter.

As far as getting attention...

I've mentioned before that the ignore option is there in theory and in practice. Feel free to use if you don't want to pay attention to me or Taco vs. whining about the attention you believe is being sought or given. :$2500:

BIG_DADDY 11-10-2003 11:48 AM

MArk,

Humans will always find a reason to divide. If it's not race or gender then it will be culture or religion or ethics or whatever. To think that one day it's possible for all of us to live like a bunch of happy azz hippies on this giant commune called the world is just not being realistic. That being said I see this as a setup. For example, one day when I was in health clubs I had a guy come down to apply for a job in a very conservative club. His hair was teased up and he was kissing his little butt buddy in the lobby while waiting to be interviewed. Naturally I didn't hire him. He tried to sue for discrimination after setting us up by doing what he was doing in our lobby and speaking like a flamer the whole time. Taco likewise sets us up by coming over here and flaming everyone all the time and naming himself Taco. Anyone who did likewise on any other BB should expect the same result.

memyselfI 11-10-2003 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical
Lest you get away with revisionist history you called his mother a "mexican whore", at least be accurate.:shake:

Thank you, Jim.

And in light of the fact that Otter admitted that he used the term to get a reaction knowing full well that Taco has been pubically sensitive to the use of his heritage it is disingenuous to turn around and claim lack of intent after the fact.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs (oddly enough, Otter is not even the worst so it's amusing to see him come under fire) or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays. The 'PC defense' defense is used as a cover for stuff to stay...