ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322513)

007 05-06-2019 03:54 PM

So I take it every one of Peter's friends were dusted with the Thanos snap. None of them appear 5 years older than Peter.

DaFace 05-06-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14255392)
So I take it every one of Peter's friends were dusted with the Thanos snap. None of them appear 5 years older than Peter.

Yeah, that has to be how they've decided to explain it. Nice coincidence.

Direckshun 05-06-2019 05:37 PM

The directors themselves have confirmed that.

Direckshun 05-06-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14255386)
Oh and don’t forget Robert Redford and Michael Douglas just casually stroll across the screen

Great stuff

****ing ridiculous.

The talent agents or whomever must have seen the script calling for the to re-obtain virtually every person in MCU history and resisted the urge to leap off the nearest ledge.

BigRedChief 05-06-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14254236)
Over 2 billion in 11 days. ****ing insane. Like a quarter of the time it took Avatar.

Avatar and Titantic are both over $3 billion in the initial release box office tickets sold globally when adjusted for inflation.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...grossing_films

007 05-06-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14255573)
The directors themselves have confirmed that.

Thanks. Hadn't heard that.

The Franchise 05-09-2019 09:39 AM

That was great. Knew that Iron Man was going to die but it still hit me right in the feels.

O.city 05-09-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14260398)
That was great. Knew that Iron Man was going to die but it still hit me right in the feels.

I'm still depressed damn it.

The Franchise 05-09-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14260401)
I'm still depressed damn it.

RDJ was just the perfect fit for that role. It’s going to be tough not seeing him in the upcoming movies all the time.

O.city 05-09-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14260406)
RDJ was just the perfect fit for that role. It’s going to be tough not seeing him in the upcoming movies all the time.

I know.

I'm sure i'll enjoy the future movies, but damn it we had a great run.

Sure-Oz 05-09-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

He will be missed the most. I'll miss Cap and Natasha too. I wonder if Spiderman will take his place as leader of the Avengers.

Deberg_1990 05-09-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Ill never forget when he was cast people were complaining....(because, of course they were)

He was sort of damaged goods in the early 2000s with all his drug issues.

Mosbonian 05-09-2019 08:32 PM

Finally saw the movie tonight.....great movie and fitting end to this phase.

"I am inevitable....snap...nothing...."

I am....dramatic pause for effect...Iron Man!

Absolutely perfect for me...I wanted to stand up and say damn straight Tony Stark!

Hammock Parties 05-09-2019 11:00 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B3WJaC-7g2c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Plow 05-10-2019 07:21 AM

I am........ Ironman

https://i.redd.it/17ltydk1rbx21.jpg

Jamie 05-10-2019 08:16 AM

I can't believe they had the "I am inevitable" line the whole time and didn't figure out "and I am Iron Man" until the last minute.

Sorry 05-10-2019 10:40 AM

Since theres a multiverse...I'm down for tobey M to reprise his role of peter parker ala like the animated film that just recently came out.

Tribal Warfare 05-10-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 14261874)
I can't believe they had the "I am inevitable" line the whole time and didn't figure out "and I am Iron Man" until the last minute.

When he said that , I thought it was a rip off of Hugo Weaving's Agent Smith

Bowser 05-11-2019 10:39 AM

Some cool tidbits. Some new angles, but most are obvious.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ujdz3fk2HkA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 05-11-2019 04:17 PM

https://i.imgur.com/2mlQmkd.png

ThaVirus 05-11-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14263763)

What's this about?

Hammock Parties 05-11-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14263779)
What's this about?

THERE IS A LINE IN THE MOVIE ABOUT IT LOLOLOLOLOL YOU KNOW AND IT WAS SEXY

Bowser 05-11-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14263779)
What's this about?

A twelve year old on DeviantArt, most likely.

keg in kc 05-11-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14263892)
A twelve year old on DeviantArt, most likely.

Maybe a 'best of' incel subreddit.

Sassy Squatch 05-11-2019 06:24 PM

That line was delivered a bit... 'odd'

Rausch 05-13-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14261513)
Finally saw the movie tonight.....great movie and fitting end to this phase.

"I am inevitable....snap...nothing...."

I am....dramatic pause for effect...Iron Man!

Absolutely perfect for me...I wanted to stand up and say damn straight Tony Stark!

It wasn't as epic as it could have been but it was the first film in a long time that lived up to my expectations.

In fact I think it exceeded my expectations. I expect to have politics and hollywood babble force fed. Nope.

We get about 20 minutes of movie that is a double splash page straight from the comix...

Mosbonian 05-14-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14265532)
It wasn't as epic as it could have been but it was the first film in a long time that lived up to my expectations.

In fact I think it exceeded my expectations. I expect to have politics and hollywood babble force fed. Nope.

We get about 20 minutes of movie that is a double splash page straight from the comix...

I don't think they intended it to be "epic"...I think they wanted it to be closure for this phase and they did a great job of that.

I think making it epic would have been bad for the future phases. I completely enjoyed this, the same way i enjoyed Captain Marvel. (Although the preachiness of some of that movie wore on me)

Direckshun 05-15-2019 02:05 PM

I'm sorry, but if that climax wasn't epic, I don't know what is.

Giant Man punched a damn leviathan in the face.

RunKC 05-15-2019 02:55 PM

Some interesting notes from Russo brothers:

-they shot Dark World Thor vs Lebowski Thor. Decided on Cap vs Cap.
-they shot a scene with Tony seeing his future daughter when he snapped in the same place Thanos saw Gamora. Showed that to a test audience and it confused people so they nixed that scene. Katherine Langford was adult Morgan.
- for awhile the title was “Infinity Gauntlet”

Really hope this is all in the dvd feature

DaFace 05-15-2019 06:20 PM

In case anyone's interested, Kevin Feige is doing an AMA on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...in_feige_amaa/

O.city 05-16-2019 07:52 AM

The damn spider man trailer makes me sad when he’s talking about tony

(It’s just a movie o.city don’t be a baby)

Rausch 05-16-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14269576)
I'm sorry, but if that climax wasn't epic, I don't know what is.

Giant Man punched a damn leviathan in the face.

I should have elaborated. It was an excellent movie. Some plot points seemed very lazy (Carl Manvers saves Tony? A random rat saves Rudd?) which the Rusos are normally better than but it was still the best or second best Marvel movie.

Winter Soldier still has a very high ranking to me.

I would give it an A- (4.5 stars) and think it was an excellent ending to the series...

arrowheadnation 05-16-2019 09:45 AM

If a wave of euphoria and chills did not come over you when Cap said Avengers Assemble, then you are not alive my friend. I put that scene/moment in the top 3 cinematic moments of my entire lifetime. I normally hate it when people clap and cat call at movies, but I was right along with them during that scene, wiping tears of joy out of my eyes.

Rausch 05-16-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 14270952)
If a wave of euphoria and chills did not come over you when Cap said Avengers Assemble, then you are not alive my friend. I put that scene/moment in the top 3 cinematic moments of my entire lifetime. I normally hate it when people clap and cat call at movies, but I was right along with them during that scene, wiping tears of joy out of my eyes.

I honestly geeked harder when Cap summoned Thor's hammer.

We now know Cap could wield it the whole time...

Mosbonian 05-16-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14270932)
I should have elaborated. It was an excellent movie. Some plot points seemed very lazy (Carl Manvers saves Tony? A random rat saves Rudd?) which the Rusos are normally better than but it was still the best or second best Marvel movie.

Winter Soldier still has a very high ranking to me.

I would give it an A- (4.5 stars) and think it was an excellent ending to the series...

Same here...saved me having to type all that.

I will say the last 45 minutes had me spellbound like an 8 y/o kid watching his favorite superheroes in action.

And when Cap wielded Thor's hammer....I let out a very audible "kick his ass Cap" much to the surprise of my buddies who went with me.

I have underplayed on here how much I enjoyed the movie because....well at my age you aren't supposed to act like you are a kid at a movie theater...and you darn sure aren't supposed to get teary-eyed when superheroes die.

But damn if I didn't.....

The Franchise 05-16-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14270971)
I honestly geeked harder when Cap summoned Thor's hammer.

We now know Cap could wield it the whole time...

****ing this. That was so awesome.

DaFace 05-18-2019 03:00 PM

Saw it a second time today, and I think it's almost better the second time around. In particular, the "on your left" scene is tons of fun when you are already past the surprise and can just take it all in.

It's still crazy to me how epic this whole thing is, from both a storytelling standpoint and the sheer momentum and logistical planning necessary just to get the thing filmed.

Setsuna 05-18-2019 05:04 PM

I loved it. But I have a small gripe. Captain Marvel had the same hairstyle she had in her origin movie. That was supposed to be like 20 years before Endgame occured right? And then all of a sudden 5 years later she has a new hairstyle. I don't understand this? What woman worth her salt has the same hairstyle for 20 years and then decides to change it 5 years later? I just found that to be stupid.

Bowser 05-18-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14274569)
Saw it a second time today, and I think it's almost better the second time around. In particular, the "on your left" scene is tons of fun when you are already past the surprise and can just take it all in.

It's still crazy to me how epic this whole thing is, from both a storytelling standpoint and the sheer momentum and logistical planning necessary just to get the thing filmed.

I enjoyed it every bit as much the second time as I did the first.

And I'm with Rausch. Both times I saw it the theater went nuts when Cap called Mjolnir. Top that off with the "On your left..." with the climactic battle, and you have achieved maximum awesomeness. Just perfect.

In58men 05-18-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Lmfao, dude my wife had to run to the restroom and totally missed this part. She’s the one who actually got me into Marvel and she’s been dying to watch it.
Sadly, she didn’t get to the best part of the movie.

Mr. Plow 05-18-2019 06:01 PM

I'd really like to see it a 3rd time, but I'm not sure I can convince anyone to see it with me.

Bowser 05-18-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 14274735)
I'd really like to see it a 3rd time, but I'm not sure I can convince anyone to see it with me.

Avengers for the third time, or John Wick for the first time?

In58men 05-18-2019 07:04 PM

Get ready for Namor!!!!

ThaVirus 05-18-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

They did it. The mad men actually did it.. and they did it well.

Crazy thing is, this isn't even the end. They can just keep going with the lesser known characters.

If they decide to get creative with time travel or multiverses, they can just 'reboot' the main guy's we've lost like Stark and Rogers and just seamlessly transition into other large stories like Galactus, Secret Wars, House of M, etc.

In58men 05-18-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14274812)
They did it. The mad men actually did it.. and they did it well.

Crazy thing is, this isn't even the end. They can just keep going with the lesser known characters.

If they decide to get creative with time travel or multiverses, they can just 'reboot' the main guy's we've lost like Stark and Rogers and just seamlessly transition into other large stories like Galactus, Secret Wars, House of M, etc.

Don’t forget about Dr. Doom

He’s going to play a HUGE role.

Mr. Plow 05-18-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14274785)
Avengers for the third time, or John Wick for the first time?

How about both?

DaFace 05-18-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14274717)
Lmfao, dude my wife had to run to the restroom and totally missed this part. She’s the one who actually got me into Marvel and she’s been dying to watch it.

Sadly, she didn’t get to the best part of the movie.

Sound like you need to go again.

Mosbonian 05-19-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14274708)
I enjoyed it every bit as much the second time as I did the first.

And I'm with Rausch. Both times I saw it the theater went nuts when Cap called Mjolnir. Top that off with the "On your left..." with the climactic battle, and you have achieved maximum awesomeness. Just perfect.

I wish I had gone the first night it was open....wife didn't want to face the crowds and neither did my buddies. (I converted all of them to Marvel fans)

By the time I got to see the movie it was 2 weeks old and the theater wasn't as pumped as I was. The theater was half full and it was only me and another guy geeking out on the best parts. Felt like I was at a showing for Senior Citizens and the Masters all rolled into one. (the crowd silence was weird for me)

ThaVirus 05-19-2019 11:59 AM

Crowd noise can enhance an experience when it's tasteful but typically I prefer a quiet theater experience.

I've always felt the people who feel the need to audibly squeal, shout, etc during cool scenes are a bit on the weird side.

Mosbonian 05-19-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14275496)
Crowd noise can enhance an experience when it's tasteful but typically I prefer a quiet theater experience.

I've always felt the people who feel the need to audibly squeal, shout, etc during cool scenes are a bit on the weird side.

Then call me weird in some cases....

You would have liked to have gone with my buddies...

For this movie, I would have loved to have been in the crowd with some of the videos I have seen of the crowd reaction to Cap lifting Thor's hammer.

There is one video on Youtube that looks like it was show at a bar type theater...the crowd went crazy when the hammer hit Thanos and then returned to Cap.

That was the crowd I wanted to be in.

Sorry 05-19-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14275496)

I saw it in a smallish theater filled with age group of like 13-18 year old boys with some parents sprinkled in .. it was a sight to see and hear the kids holler when cool parts displayed like capt weikding the hammer, kinda reminds you what it's all about

ThaVirus 05-19-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14275510)
Then call me weird in some cases....

You would have liked to have gone with my buddies...

For this movie, I would have loved to have been in the crowd with some of the videos I have seen of the crowd reaction to Cap lifting Thor's hammer.

There is one video on Youtube that looks like it was show at a bar type theater...the crowd went crazy when the hammer hit Thanos and then returned to Cap.

That was the crowd I wanted to be in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14275706)
I saw it in a smallish theater filled with age group of like 13-18 year old boys with some parents sprinkled in .. it was a sight to see and hear the kids holler when cool parts displayed like capt weikding the hammer, kinda reminds you what it's all about

Like I said, if it comes in the right amounts it can truly enhance the experience. The issue is that there's a pretty fine line between tasteful and, like, now you're getting on my ****ing nerves. It can go from "Ok, awesome. Everyone is as into this as I am" to "Wait, what did he just say? Why is that chick behind me still screaming?" very quickly. I don't trust the average person to know when to stop so I generally just prefer everyone to be quiet.

ThaVirus 05-19-2019 05:44 PM

Thor typically relishes the fight. Dude tanked a star... and even he was afraid to confront Thanos without Cap and Iron Man by his side.

Truly a menacing villain. He'll be missed.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram...MjQyOQ%3D%3D.2

Sorry 05-19-2019 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14275822)
Thor typically relishes the fight. Dude tanked a star... and even he was afraid to confront Thanos without Cap and Iron Man by his side.

John was the perfect t cast to play thanos

Bowser 05-19-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14275822)

While true, Thor wasn't the Thor that buried Stormbreaker in Thanos' chest five years earlier, either.

Fish 05-19-2019 10:58 PM

I liked how Thanos showed some serious fighting skill without the gauntlet. Really nailed him as a character.

Thought this would have been cool too see:

https://i.imgur.com/q5ABqqS.png

Bowser 05-19-2019 11:02 PM

Man, Thanos really was the Mad Titan in Endgame. In Infinity War, he already had possession of two of the stones (Loki lost one and Vision took it) and was seemingly past being a bloodthirsty conqueror. Endgame Thanos was just a BAMF.

Nasker 05-20-2019 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14276128)
I liked how Thanos showed some serious fighting skill without the gauntlet. Really nailed him as a character.

Thought this would have been cool too see:

https://i.imgur.com/q5ABqqS.png

Thanos is purple.

ThaVirus 05-20-2019 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14276119)
While true, Thor wasn't the Thor that buried Stormbreaker in Thanos' chest five years earlier, either.

That's true. It would have been cool to see time traveling Thanos against the Thor at the very beginning of Endgame before he got all fat and depressed.

In58men 05-20-2019 07:45 AM

My boy Howard the Duck made another appearance.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...184a68aabb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frosty 05-20-2019 01:42 PM

I understand Stark's insistent on not snapping people back to when they disappeared five years ago because of his daughter but could you imagine the chaos if half of the earth's population suddenly reappeared after society has had five years to adapt? There wouldn't be enough food produced, the infrastructure had gone to shit (all the abandoned property that wouldn't be livable after sitting for five years), spouses that had been left might have moved on and remarried, etc. There would be a real chance that you would be snapped back thinking nothing was different and then find you had no job, no place to live and no family.

Also, it appears that you were snapped back to the same place you were dusted. What if you were in an airplane or on a cruise at the time you dusted? And that is ignoring the movement of the Earth and galaxy during that time. Where was the frame of reference to when they came back to?

Eh - I know, comic book logic. Just kind of fun to think about the ramifications of this.

Frosty 05-20-2019 01:45 PM

Another random thought.

i was thinking that they could bring Widow back for her movie like they did Gamora - by going back in time and bring her back. However, if each time incursion causes a new timeline in the multiverse, then in the timeline that was created by retrieving Nat, from their point of view, Widow would have been kidnapped by evil versions of themselves and the Avengers of that timeline would probably do everything they could to bring her back.

RunKC 05-20-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14276130)
Man, Thanos really was the Mad Titan in Endgame. In Infinity War, he already had possession of two of the stones (Loki lost one and Vision took it) and was seemingly past being a bloodthirsty conqueror. Endgame Thanos was just a BAMF.

Thanos owning Hulk easily without using any stones in Infinity War was probably the most badass thing I could think of him doing. But yeah he saw more of that in endgame.

O.city 05-20-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14276802)
Thanos owning Hulk easily without using any stones in Infinity War was probably the most badass thing I could think of him doing. But yeah he saw more of that in endgame.

He had the power stone IIRC at that point in Infinity War right?

BigBeauford 05-20-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14276804)

I dont believe he "activated" the powerstone in that fight.

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-20-2019 03:43 PM

I just wished that Cap screamed Avengers Assemble!

ThaVirus 05-20-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14276804)

It's been confirmed that he kicked the Hulk's ass without the power stone.

WhiteWhale 05-20-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 14276779)
I understand Stark's insistent on not snapping people back to when they disappeared five years ago because of his daughter but could you imagine the chaos if half of the earth's population suddenly reappeared after society has had five years to adapt? There wouldn't be enough food produced, the infrastructure had gone to shit (all the abandoned property that wouldn't be livable after sitting for five years), spouses that had been left might have moved on and remarried, etc. There would be a real chance that you would be snapped back thinking nothing was different and then find you had no job, no place to live and no family.

Also, it appears that you were snapped back to the same place you were dusted. What if you were in an airplane or on a cruise at the time you dusted? And that is ignoring the movement of the Earth and galaxy during that time. Where was the frame of reference to when they came back to?

Eh - I know, comic book logic. Just kind of fun to think about the ramifications of this.

I'm not finding a link, but the writers have been doing media tours and have directly addressed that question.

The Hulk brought them back to a safe place as a condition when bringing them back. He considered it, and the stones are all powerful magic so they can basically do anything no matter how little sense it makes.

That's just what magic does to stories.

Magic AND time travel?

Forget it. Check your brain at that door.

007 05-20-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 14276779)

If they show up exactly where they disappeared, imagine what it was like for people that were on a plane for the first snap. FREEFALLING

Chiefspants 05-21-2019 09:02 PM

Agree with everyone about Thanos.

We saw the Mad-Titan. An enemy who, without infinity stones, basically KO'd Thor, Iron Man, and Cap with Mjolner at the same time. It really gives you the sense for what the Russos meant when saying the Avengers on Titan would have been "disappointed in the outcome" if they managed to get the gauntlet off of Thanos in IW.

Buehler445 05-21-2019 11:22 PM

Finally saw it today (**** this spring with a bulldozer).

****ing amazing. Just Jesus ****ing Christ amazing. There are some problems, but my Christ what they managed to pull off.

I kind of agree with Professor Hulk quibbles. Especially in contrast with NO MORE STAIRS Hulk.

I have no issue with Time travel paradoxes that were created. Not a single **** was given.

FWIW, my WIFE of all people was like, "A little over the top with the woman power stuff?" I didn't care. I didn't even particularly notice.

As an aside though, this has retired a tremendous amount of star power, and frankly a ton of what draws me to the theater. I've said all along that Marvel has earned the rope to hang themselves with, but I don't see anyone except the GotG crew that really draws me in. We'll see, and I'll still watch, but damn Evans, RDJ, and Hemsworth were ****ing good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14237363)
How many times did you tear up/cry during the movie? Black Widow got me wet eyed but Iron Man had them falling.

It wasn't the events, it was the reactions. The worst was, "Damn you, nat." and "Your dad liked cheeseburgers." FUUUUUUCK that hit hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 14245754)
In August of 2009 they bought Marvel for $4B... and some people wondered if that was too much.

Just the 22 main MCU films have grossed $20B worldwide.

If I had some Pym particles, I'd go back to the 80s and buy as much Disney stock as I could afford.

Hell, go back to the early 2000's. I had to do some case studies on them in college and they were in real trouble. Real damned trouble.

Mecca 05-22-2019 05:17 AM

Just to add to that last post, while Evans and RDJ are done, good chance Hemsworth is not.

Rausch 05-22-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14270989)

I have underplayed on here how much I enjoyed the movie because....well at my age you aren't supposed to act like you are a kid at a movie theater...

One more week 'till round 2.

Marvel Comix and Godzilla movies where my whole childhood.

Both films look to have the ability to make you a kid again. A reviewer for Godzilla said "It was like 8 year old me snorted a mountain of coke and went to the toy store..."

What a great summer for flicks...:)

The Franchise 05-23-2019 05:49 PM

I’m sure this already has been posted but...

Go to Google and search for Thanos. And then click on the Infinity Gauntlet on the right.

Mr. Plow 05-24-2019 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14281110)
I’m sure this already has been posted but...

Go to Google and search for Thanos. And then click on the Infinity Gauntlet on the right.

Ha ha ha. That's pretty cool.

Hammock Parties 05-24-2019 07:48 AM

happy cry

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...3e&oe=5D60268F

Mosbonian 05-24-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14278830)
Hell, go back to the early 2000's. I had to do some case studies on them in college and they were in real trouble. Real damned trouble.

That was because of the fallout between Disney and Pixar.....they were partners in several good animated features then had a falling out and Pixar split.

Then came the battle between Michael Eisner and Roy Disney that almost killed them.

Sad thing was....Michael Eisner probably saved Disney. From 1984 to 1997 he raised their revenues from $1.65B to $22B and took its market values from $2B to $67B.

But in the beginning of the 2000's saw the start of the fall....Their theme park attendance dipped post 9/11 and with a bad economy their TV holdings saw too much of a revenue drop.

But something else was a big factor in Disney's fall in that time period....first there was Frank Well's death in the helicopter crash in 1994. He was the President of Disney at the time.....after his death, Eisner would fire Jeffrey Katzenberg who was credited with the growth of Disney's animation boom during that time. Katzenberg then partnered with David Geffen and Steven Spielberg to create Dreamworks, which never really produced much of a threat to Disney.

But the big hit to Disney's bottom line was the lawsuit by Katzenberg whose contract was built by Frank Wells. Disney could have just settled it for $90MM but fought it and that move cost them $270MM, not counting the legal fees.

Add to that Eisner's hiring of Michael Ovitz to replace Katzenberg, which failed after about a year and a half. And that parting cost Disney $140MM.

Those are just the bigger issues that almost killed Disney.

notorious 05-25-2019 12:20 PM

Damn near perfect movie.

When Hawkeye lost his family it hurt.

notorious 05-25-2019 12:27 PM

I actually fist pumped when Cap picked up the hammer. Kick ass.

Buehler445 05-25-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14283162)
Damn near perfect movie.

When Hawkeye lost his family it hurt.

Same with his reaction to Black widow sacrificing herself.

Damn you Nat.

****. That sticks with a guy.