ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Boys (Amazon) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322389)

Tribal Warfare 07-08-2022 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16360907)
I know there were things that happened in the finale, but I also feel they are back at square one. If they plan to have 2 more seasons, I don't know how they will fill so much.

It will be an enemy of my enemy is my friend, Vought has an upgraded Homelander on Ice for there World Order.

The Boys, HL and his kid will join forces.

staylor26 07-08-2022 11:03 PM

Love the show, but that ending with Homelander was ridiculously on the nose.

Bowser 07-09-2022 08:38 AM

I was very "whelmed" with the finale. Didn't hate it, but it didn't blow me away. Not sure what I was expecting, but it just didn't feel like it lived up to what I was expecting, if that makes sense?

I'll say Anthony Starr did a pretty great job playing Homelander this season. And goodness Maeve and Kimiko are just hot af.

duncan_idaho 07-09-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16362121)
I was very "whelmed" with the finale. Didn't hate it, but it didn't blow me away. Not sure what I was expecting, but it just didn't feel like it lived up to what I was expecting, if that makes sense?

I'll say Anthony Starr did a pretty great job playing Homelander this season. And goodness Maeve and Kimiko are just hot af.

Antony Starr is amazing. I need to go back and watch Banshee. He's apparently awesome in that.

Spoiler!

Bowser 07-09-2022 08:43 AM

Yeah, giving Banshee another go is a good idea. I made it through a season+ before it fell off the radar for no good reason.

staylor26 07-09-2022 10:54 AM

Kind of hard for the finale to live up to the 2 episodes before it. Those were 2 of the best episodes in the entire series.

I thought it was a good finale though.

BigBeauford 07-09-2022 12:53 PM

Banshee 1-3 were terrific. Just pretend season 4 doesn't exist. It was bad.

Rausch 07-09-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16340706)
Here's another, from previous season. . .

So I get he's satirizing Dubya's bravado, but if you accept the implications of the satire as written, given that Homelander explicitly and directly downed the airliner himself . . . then you've signed onto more crazy than any of the 9/11 was an inside job folks. . . . But you do you folks.

I think we can all look back and see the evidence to go into Iraq was fabricated to fit the agenda. Not a left or right take - I voted for Dubya twice. You can say they were dead wrong or methodical liars - that's for you to judge.

The question isn't do these things sometimes happen because they do. We all know they do. Propaganda happens. The question is how much or how far does government really fabricate or play a hand to manipulate? Do they embellish the truth or go full Alex Jones and serve interdimensional lizard NAMBLA's for the galactic council? I can see why people believe almost any position in the full spectrum of that argument. Well, most positions.

-King- 07-09-2022 09:47 PM

Yeah kind of a weird episode to end on. Felt like they were too neat with how the soldier boy shit "ended" and nothing was really advanced. Just seemed like an episode to reinforce what will be at stake season 4.

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 07-10-2022 06:06 PM

Spinoff time

https://collider.com/the-boys-spinof...ipke-comments/

BigRichard 07-10-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 16361360)
I had never heard of this until today, when one of my coworkers brought it up... how have I missed this for so long?!?!

If you can ignore the political BS it is such a fantastic show.

Tribal Warfare 07-10-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 16363360)
If you can ignore the political BS it is such a fantastic show.

I liked it until the last few moments of episode 7 then everything went downhill

notorious 07-12-2022 05:50 PM

I haven't read anything up to this post, I am midway through season 2, and this show is simply fantastic.

I just saw the part where Butcher drives the speed boat through the sperm whale and lost my shit laughing.

Good god this show is gold. LMAO

ToxSocks 07-18-2022 08:02 PM

I'm finally getting into this. S1;E4. Can't believe I've waited this long. So far so good, I think I'll binge it.

Bump 07-19-2022 01:43 AM

can't get into this season, that guy that dates starlight is extra cringe now

RaidersOftheCellar 07-19-2022 03:48 AM

Kinda feel like this show has jumped the shark a bit.

Not a very memorable end to the season.

notorious 07-28-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16348996)
I saw somebody say that MM got some of "father's milk" LMAO

Lick it up you yummy brown bear. ROFL

notorious 07-28-2022 09:40 PM

I finished season 3. It’s been very very good.

BigBeauford 07-29-2022 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16386636)

Homelander is my favorite TV villain. You almost have to hold your breath when he is on screen because of what he is capable of.

notorious 07-29-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16386832)
Homelander is my favorite TV villain. You almost have to hold your breath when he is on screen because of what he is capable of.

It’s somewhat amazing how he’s been able to control himself like he has. If he didn’t care what the people thought it’d be a bloodbath.

He really does care about his son, but he has no idea how to raise him right due to his own upbringing.

Rausch 07-31-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16365738)
I haven't read anything up to this post, I am midway through season 2, and this show is simply fantastic.

I just saw the part where Butcher drives the speed boat through the sperm whale and lost my shit laughing.

Good god this show is gold. LMAO

The scene with "Aquaman" getting "gilled" had me and my wife just looking at each other. It was a very...uncomfortable scene.

Chitownchiefsfan 08-01-2022 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 16389822)
The scene with "Aquaman" getting "gilled" had me and my wife just looking at each other. It was a very...uncomfortable scene.

The "dinner" scene in season 3 was worse for me.

ToxSocks 08-01-2022 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16386636)

Me too. Kinda bummed to see Ryan join Homelander. Loved the Black Noir's animated schizophrenia. Not sure i cared for how they wrote off Maeve.

ToxSocks 08-01-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 16389822)

Not as bad as when he was having the 3-some with the octopus and his wife. WTF.

listopencil 08-07-2022 05:02 AM

I binged the season and enjoyed it but I was disappointed that the finale left the show pretty much right where it was when the season began with only minor changes going into next season.

listopencil 08-07-2022 05:04 AM

I'll go out on a limb and predict that next season either Homelander or Butcher or both will die and then be resurrected by the finale.

BigRichard 08-07-2022 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 16397947)
I'll go out on a limb and predict that next season either Homelander or Butcher or both will die and then be resurrected by the finale.

I think the boy will eventually turn and kill Homelander.

Bowser 08-07-2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 16397967)
I think the boy will eventually turn and kill Homelander.

......as Homelander is about to kill Butcher

BigRichard 08-07-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16398139)
......as Homelander is about to kill Butcher

Or after he kills Butcher... I think Butcher has to die by the end of the show.

BigRichard 08-07-2022 10:13 AM

Or could Homelander end up destroying the entire world and he left to rule over an ash heap... could see them working in some sort of shitty political message there.

Tribal Warfare 08-07-2022 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 16398149)
Or could Homelander end up destroying the entire world and he left to rule over an ash heap... could see them working in some sort of shitty political message there.

That's a very real fear for Vought, and from what I read concerning this show a new Black Noir is coming into the fold.

duncan_idaho 08-08-2022 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16398820)
That's a very real fear for Vought, and from what I read concerning his show a new Black Noir is coming into the fold.

Oh really?

Fans of the comic should have some idea of the plan there, then.

Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 08-12-2022 09:49 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_PVHJThdbwE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bvh2nlqpTYw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 09-20-2022 10:01 AM

Efficient humor

https://i.imgur.com/0oncwOL.jpeg

DJ's left nut 10-31-2022 03:07 PM

So I just binged this season over the last week or so.

It was definitely better than Season 2. Man, as an aside, Kimiko is just freakin' beautiful this whole season.

And yes, I get it, it was super on the nose with the MAGA stuff and yeah, conservatives are caricatures. I can't bring myself to give a shit. It's Seth ****ing Rogan writing it, of course this is what he's up to.

I thought it was a really good season that was damn entertaining. Though I'd be totally cool with them moving on from the 'Deep ****s fish' thing. We get it. That joke's pretty played out at this point.

DJ's left nut 10-31-2022 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 16398144)
Or after he kills Butcher... I think Butcher has to die by the end of the show.

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me at all and I'd be even less surprised if it was AFTER he killed Butcher (who makes some heroic sacrifice to save Hughie).

Because really, there's just nothing for Butcher at this point. He's gone. He's a shell of a human being who barely even wants to live and even at that, he'd be fine dying if it meant taking Homelander out with him.

Once Becca died, the end game was written for Butcher, IMO. I'm not convinced he even cares about Ryan other than NOT wanting him raised by Homelander. So if Homelander dies and Butcher goes out in the process, Butcher's gonna see his promise to Becca fulfilled.

From a strict storytelling arc, there's just no redemption even possible for Butcher at this point. So why bother with it? He's a broken man with no foundation left to cling to.

lawrenceRaider 11-07-2022 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16567187)
So I just binged this season over the last week or so.

It was definitely better than Season 2. Man, as an aside, Kimiko is just freakin' beautiful this whole season.

And yes, I get it, it was super on the nose with the MAGA stuff and yeah, conservatives are caricatures. I can't bring myself to give a shit. It's Seth ****ing Rogan writing it, of course this is what he's up to.

I thought it was a really good season that was damn entertaining. Though I'd be totally cool with them moving on from the 'Deep ****s fish' thing. We get it. That joke's pretty played out at this point.

Seth is a super immature D-bag, so he'll sadly probably continue to run that right into the ground.

BigBeauford 11-07-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16585686)
Seth is a super immature D-bag, so he'll sadly probably continue to run that right into the ground.

Used to love that dude. I can't stand him these days. I rolled my eyes so hard at his cameo.

BigRichard 11-07-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16585696)
Used to love that dude. I can't stand him these days. I rolled my eyes so hard at his cameo.

He is such a useless twat. One of the few people that I think needs to have a surgery to remove his penis as he is clearly not a man.

Tribal Warfare 01-24-2023 08:00 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_2Wo6jiJ-Rg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 07-29-2023 09:31 AM

Finally got around to finishing season 2.

Homelander is an incredible antagonist. The actor’s faces and mannerisms are just ****ing perfect. He’s even got the dead eyes look locked down. He plays a perfect psychopath.

I’m pretty excited to see Dean Winchester in the third season.

BigRichard 07-29-2023 10:04 AM

I was hoping the bump was an announcement about the next season... damn.

ThaVirus 07-29-2023 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17035079)
I was hoping the bump was an announcement about the next season... damn.

Sorry, bruv. I’ll most likely bump it once more after I finish season 3 in the next week or so.

DJ's left nut 07-29-2023 03:53 PM

Hughie is in Oppenheimer and it just threw me off...

BigRichard 07-30-2023 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17035418)
Hughie is in Oppenheimer and it just threw me off...

Didn't realize it till I was digging around a little bit but Hughie is Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan's son.

rydogg58 07-30-2023 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17035773)
Didn't realize it till I was digging around a little bit but Hughie is Jack Quaid and Meg Ryan's son.

You had me wondering if Meg was just running a train on all the Quaid brothers, but now that I read that again I see what you meant.

ThaVirus 07-30-2023 09:02 AM

Well I’m like 4 episodes into season 3 and Soldier Boy hasn’t shown up yet. I’m getting impatient.

Homelander deciding to drop the facade on national TV was a great consolation for the time being, though.

BigRichard 07-30-2023 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydogg58 (Post 17035869)
You had me wondering if Meg was just running a train on all the Quaid brothers, but now that I read that again I see what you meant.

Whoops... meant Dennis and said Hughies real name :)

ThaVirus 07-31-2023 08:38 PM

I burnt through that season. It was good.

I really liked everything with Soldier Boy but that final showdown was a mess.

.. really pissed off I didn’t get a chance to see Soldier Boy vs Homelander & Black Noir.

Otter 08-04-2023 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17037746)
I burnt through that season. It was good.

I really liked everything with Soldier Boy but that final showdown was a mess.

.. really pissed off I didn’t get a chance to see Soldier Boy vs Homelander & Black Noir.

This is why I don't like series story as much as traditional movie format tale. I actually had to think if Black Noir was still alive trying to recall where story left off.

https://dannydainton.files.wordpress...g?w=816&h=9999

lawrenceRaider 08-04-2023 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 17042420)
This is why I don't like series story as much as traditional movie format tale. I actually had to think if Black Noir was still alive trying to recall where story left off.

https://dannydainton.files.wordpress...g?w=816&h=9999

Sorry for your memory issues.

Otter 08-04-2023 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 17042456)
Sorry for your memory issues.

What do the Raiders 'black hole' and black noir have in common?

Spoiler!

BigRichard 10-04-2023 07:27 PM

If you love The Boys... you are going to love this. Just got done with the first 3 episodes. I can't believe they didn't promote this more than they did. It is the same world as The Boys and it is just as good if not better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KewDndam8O0?si=_kLbyMqR76d7viXD" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dlphg9 10-05-2023 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17148134)
If you love The Boys... you are going to love this. Just got done with the first 3 episodes. I can't believe they didn't promote this more than they did. It is the same world as The Boys and it is just as good if not better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KewDndam8O0?si=_kLbyMqR76d7viXD" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought it was almost better. Some really really ****ed up shit in it lol. In just 3 episodes I think we've gotten more ****ed up stuff than what The Boys has ever done lmao.

Spoiler!

ToxSocks 10-05-2023 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17148134)

I was hoping someone would come in and say this. Looking forward to watching it. Been jonesing for the next season of The Boys.

BigRichard 10-05-2023 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 17148870)
I was hoping someone would come in and say this. Looking forward to watching it. Been jonesing for the next season of The Boys.

Watch em... I swear you will not be disappointed.

BigRichard 10-05-2023 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17148865)
I thought it was almost better. Some really really ****ed up shit in it lol. In just 3 episodes I think we've gotten more ****ed up stuff than what The Boys has ever done lmao.

Spoiler!

I was kinda hoping to see a little more of tiny cricket...:D

dlphg9 10-05-2023 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17149088)

The girl that plays Emma is bangin. So many opportunities to see her naked, but it's never gonna happen.

Spoiler!

BigRichard 10-06-2023 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17149889)
The girl that plays Emma is bangin. So many opportunities to see her naked, but it's never gonna happen.

Spoiler!

Yeah, I think they were almost teasing everyone by almost showing her goods but not quite getting there.

The Boys had a lot of nudity but you never got to see Starlight.

dlphg9 10-06-2023 12:46 PM

I regards to memory loss.
Spoiler!

AdolfOliverBush 10-10-2023 02:32 PM

How am I just now hearing about Gen V? I'll be watching it asap.

dlphg9 10-10-2023 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 17159570)
How am I just now hearing about Gen V? I'll be watching it asap.

It was barely advertised. So stupid of Amazon, because it's such a badass show.

RockChalk 10-11-2023 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17149088)

Pretty sure all of us were hoping to see some more of her :drool:

AdolfOliverBush 10-12-2023 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17159693)
It was barely advertised. So stupid of Amazon, because it's such a badass show.

I watched episode 1, and was not disappointed. At first I thought some people might complain about it being "woke", but I think the copious amounts of violence and full-screen genitalia will keep that at bay.

BigBeauford 10-12-2023 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 17162067)
I watched episode 1, and was not disappointed. At first I thought some people might complain about it being "woke", but I think the copious amounts of violence and full-screen genitalia will keep that at bay.

Well you definitely cut me off to the pass here. Watched it on the recommendation from my brother. This show really gets in its own way with the extensive politicized pop culture references. It is what it is, but the writing is woke AF and detracts from the fun of the show.

AdolfOliverBush 10-12-2023 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17162187)
Well you definitely cut me off to the pass here. Watched it on the recommendation from my brother. This show really gets in its own way with the extensive politicized pop culture references. It is what it is, but the writing is woke AF and detracts from the fun of the show.

There is obviously some "wokeness" , but some of it almost borders on parody imo.

BigBeauford 10-12-2023 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 17162333)
There is obviously some "wokeness" , but some of it almost borders on parody imo.

Some does yes. Some of it is just lazy. Like, a Pewdiepie nazi joke in 2023?

AdolfOliverBush 10-12-2023 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17162367)
Some does yes. Some of it is just lazy. Like, a Pewdiepie nazi joke in 2023?

Yeah that was dumb. The Asian tranny who is actually a legit tranny made me laugh though.

Rausch 10-12-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 17162333)

That's how it seems to me. The show (like most media) clearly leans left but takes jabs at the FOS of both sides. Is it equal? Did you expect it to be?

It's one of the better shows to mock and poke fun at the corruption and political insanity of our country. I think it's absolutely necessary...

crayzkirk 10-12-2023 04:49 PM

Maybe I'm just too old; couldn't make it through the first episode. Seems like it's all been done before.

Maybe I'll pick it up again in the future.

dlphg9 10-13-2023 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 17162809)
Maybe I'm just too old; couldn't make it through the first episode. Seems like it's all been done before.

Maybe I'll pick it up again in the future.

Lmao, killing someone with there period blood has been done before? Wtf is this stupid shit? I've seen multiple things I've never seen before on this show and wtf kind of reasoning is "it's all been done before"? Pretty much everything on TV has been done before and Gen V is pretty much the most original thing on TV.

AdolfOliverBush 10-13-2023 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17166999)
Lmao, killing someone with there period blood has been done before? Wtf is this stupid shit? I've seen multiple things I've never seen before on this show and wtf kind of reasoning is "it's all been done before"? Pretty much everything on TV has been done before and Gen V is pretty much the most original thing on TV.

I guess you forgot about that one episode of Three's Company where Mr. Furley passes a kidney stone, and uses the blood coming out of his peehole to spear Larry in the neck.

dlphg9 10-13-2023 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 17167024)
I guess you forgot about that one episode of Three's Company where Mr. Furley passes a kidney stone, and uses the blood coming out of his peehole to spear Larry in the neck.

**** forgot about that! These "woke" reeruns are missing out on so much good content just because they're such mental midgets that they get offended by anything that they don't agree with. Stupid old snowflakes melting over everything. Pussies.

crayzkirk 10-14-2023 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17166999)

It reminded me of the original Carrie; R rated version of the CW. I don't care for it however it doesn't bother me if others find it interesting. I didn't.

BigBeauford 11-08-2023 01:17 PM

What a dumb ending (Gen V).

Spoiler!

duncan_idaho 11-08-2023 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17215768)
What a dumb ending (Gen V).

Spoiler!

One of the 4 is a blonde white chick.

BigBeauford 11-08-2023 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17215803)
One of the 4 is a blonde white chick.

I think the point was pretty clear.

She's also bisexual.

Tribal Warfare 11-08-2023 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17215808)
I think the point was pretty clear.

She's also bisexual.

Body shamed too

Fish 01-16-2024 11:59 AM

WTF???

https://i.redd.it/71b3rlribqcc1.png

Bowser 01-16-2024 12:03 PM

That's an affront to God himself