ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid appreciation thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317847)

Hammock Parties 01-01-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14689003)
The chiefs have patrick Mahomes and Kelce and hill and hardman and Watkins

Why the hell would anyone want them to run the ball more?

because marty

Marcellus 01-01-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14688769)
Haters... LMAO

50 years Marcellus, 50 years...

Go ahead and let up if you want, it's very Andy of you.

Reid has coached the Chiefs for 50 years?

Megatron96 01-01-2020 02:57 PM

So I just looked and the Chiefs threw the ball 575 times and ran the ball 375 times. About 40% running plays, for those of you keeping score.

This is where someone is going to come back and say, "no, you counted wrong; we passed 576 times!"

Look again, one of those passes was that throw by Colquitt on the botched kick. Since that wasn't a planned passing play, I omitted that one.

staylor26 01-01-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14688925)
This quote from Eagles media many moons ago... Same shit here in KC

"His flaws have been the same—poor clock management, unwillingness to run the ball more often, his stubbornness—since he stepped behind the clipboard in 1999."

:facepalm:

Pablo 01-01-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14688935)
Why the **** are you guys giving any credence to what Eagles fans say?

Half of that fanbase is functionally reeruned.

You're giving them too much credit. People in Philly, DC and Baltimore all are stupid, stupid scum. But Philly people are the worst altogether.

Marcellus 01-01-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14689014)
So I just looked and the Chiefs threw the ball 575 times and ran the ball 375 times. About 40% running plays, for those of you keeping score.

This is where someone is going to come back and say, "no, you counted wrong; we passed 576 times!"

Look again, one of those passes was that throw by Colquitt on the botched kick. Since that wasn't a planned passing play, I omitted that one.

Its all about wins and losses and where you end up. (Glory would kind of agree).

I dont care how much they run I care when they run and if it works, just like passing.

If you look at the injuries we had this season and look where we are you have to be a mouth breathing, low IQ, toe jam eating fool to think Reid is a bad coach.

We all know in the end if Reid doesn't win a SB his career has been a disappointment given his talent and ability to coach.

But if you have 2 functional rational brain cells in your head you understand that Andy can be both a great coach and have had a disappointing career at times.

Winning the SB isn't all skill, there is plenty of luck involved. Nobody but a moron would argue Doug Peterson is a better coach than Reid for example.

Megatron96 01-01-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14689020)
Its all about wins and losses and where you end up. (Glory would kind of agree).

I dont care how much they run I care when they run and if it works, just like passing.

If you look at the injuries we had this season and look where we are you have to be a mouth breathing, low IQ, toe jam eating fool to think Reid is a bad coach.

We all know in the end if Reid doesn't win a SB his career has been a disappointment given his talent and ability to coach.

But if you have 2 functional rational brain cells in your head you understand that Andy can be both a great coach and have had a disappointing career at times.

Winning the SB isn't all skill, there is plenty of luck involved. Nobody but a moron would argue Doug Peterson is a better coach than Reid for example.

Exactly.

GloryDayz 01-01-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14688916)
The only reason Reid has lost playoff games here is QB play and defense.

It has had absolutely zilch to do with his playcalling.

He's the head coach, he gets credit for all the successes and failures. From play calls to QBs, to defenses, he owns all their results.

GloryDayz 01-01-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14689009)
Reid has coached the Chiefs for 50 years?

Oh, so you want jump to that lily pad to play THAT game to protect him? Weak.

Pretty-much by that standard of thinking, we shouldn't have gotten rid of Alex Smith and faster than Fat Andy. Or any other player that we've gotten rid of.

Andy shouldn't be given a decade to win something any more than a player.

Hammock Parties 01-02-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14688925)
This quote from Eagles media many moons ago... Same shit here in KC

"His flaws have been the same—poor clock management, unwillingness to run the ball more often, his stubbornness—since he stepped behind the clipboard in 1999."

https://i.imgur.com/1vH2Dw5.gif

philfree 01-02-2020 07:04 PM

Considering all the injuries, the curve for a rebuilt defense and the Chiefs getting the #2 seed Andy is Coach Of The Year.

TwistedChief 01-02-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14689542)
He's the head coach, he gets credit for all the successes and failures. From play calls to QBs, to defenses, he owns all their results.

I can't imagine watching and supporting a sports team and spending countless hours on an online message board discussing them and the only joy you derive from that team is if they win a Super Bowl. As if success in sports or success in anything in life is that black or white.

You are obviously welcome to be a fan however you choose but I feel bad for you.

The Chiefs have won the AFC West the last four years. They've enjoyed an unprecedented level of dominance in their division. While you can argue that 2016 and 2017 were meaningless because we all rightly knew they were doomed, 2018 saw us a hair away from the SB and this year we're viewed by everyone as a legit contender if not a favorite to win a title. Is there no part of you that's excited? Is there no part of you that didn't jump up and down entering pure nirvana when Fitzpatrick threw that TD pass?

Andy Reid gave that to us. And he brought an institutional structure and constructed a roster that can compete with the best teams in the league week in and week out. That's worthy of a lot of admiration for 97% of the fan base because the journey to the SB is every bit as important as the destination.

Skyy God 01-02-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14690673)

I love that fat man.

Sassy Squatch 01-02-2020 07:28 PM

Andy Reid teams have had a losing record 3 times in 21 years. That's ****ing remarkable.

Trivers 01-02-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14690726)
I can't imagine watching and supporting a sports team and spending countless hours on an online message board discussing them and the only joy you derive from that team is if they win a Super Bowl. As if success in sports or success in anything in life is that black or white.

You are obviously welcome to be a fan however you choose but I feel bad for you.

The Chiefs have won the AFC West the last four years. They've enjoyed an unprecedented level of dominance in their division. While you can argue that 2016 and 2017 were meaningless because we all rightly knew they were doomed, 2018 saw us a hair away from the SB and this year we're viewed by everyone as a legit contender if not a favorite to win a title. Is there no part of you that's excited? Is there no part of you that didn't jump up and down entering pure nirvana when Fitzpatrick threw that TD pass?

Andy Reid gave that to us. And he brought an institutional structure and constructed a roster that can compete with the best teams in the league week in and week out. That's worthy of a lot of admiration for 97% of the fan base because the journey to the SB is every bit as important as the destination.

/REP!

Very well stated!

Enjoy the ride. 4 Divisions titles, two 12 wins seasons are new entries in the Chiefs record books.

Sadly, when our journey is finally realized by a SB win, there will be those that will bitch about something just to make them fell like their opinion matters at One Arrowhead Drive..

Chiefspants 01-02-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 14690752)
/REP!

Sadly, when our journey is finally realized by a SB win, there will be those that will bitch about something just to make them fell like their opinion matters at One Arrowhead Drive..

This is absolutely the case. Watched it happen as a Royals fan. A lot of people literally started arguing that the Royals could have won it "differently" or without "trading so much away". Then came those who criticized GMDM for squandering a chance to "win more".

I think a big part of fandom for some folks (not calling anyone out), is to be critical of their team in some capacity. At least that's what the Royals winning in 2015 (in the most epic of fashions) suggested to me.

-King- 01-02-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 14688622)
The same people who say AR won't run the football to protect a lead and run out the clock are the same folks who say that AR goes into a shell and doesn't stay aggressive when he gets a lead. To me, you can't have it both ways, you either do 1 or the other.

Boom.

GloryDayz 01-02-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14690673)

Fat-Andy at a presser:

https://i.imgur.com/1vH2Dw5.gif

Fixed...

GloryDayz 01-02-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Oh, I get very excited, but I stay reserved because this team has burned us too many times. As for Fitz's TD, yeah, I was as giddy as anybody.

ChiefsFanatic 01-02-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak (Post 14688597)
We can't run the football when the other team knows we are going to run.....our line is not good enough to do that......hasn't been since the Vermiel days! Andy just needs to run up the score as much as he can for 60 minutes!!!!

We had the league's leading rusher two years ago. So, the offensive line has definitely been good enough to run the football.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Megatron96 01-02-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak (Post 14688597)
We can't run the football when the other team knows we are going to run.....our line is not good enough to do that......hasn't been since the Vermiel days! Andy just needs to run up the score as much as he can for 60 minutes!!!!

Damn, you don't anything about football or the Chiefs . . .

In the six seasons Andy Ried has been HC, we've had three 1,000+ yard season rushers.

2013: J. Charles 1,287 yards; team rushing for 2056 yards on the season.

2014: J. Charles 1,033 yards; 1918 yards

2015: Charles gets hurt, but the team rushes for 2,044 yards on the season

2016: Spencer Ware rushes for 921 yards; team rushes for 1,748 yards

2017: K. Hunt rushes for 1,327 yards; team rushes for 1,903 yards

2018: K. Hunt rushes for 827 yards in 112 games; team rushes for 1,855 yards

2019: team rushes for 1,569 yards.

So the Chiefs running game has been averaging right around 2,000 yards/season since Andy took over, except this year when our whole OL got hurt and so did our three starting RBs. Four if you count Spencer Ware.

Chris Meck 01-03-2020 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14690837)
Oh, I get very excited, but I stay reserved because this team has burned us too many times. As for Fitz's TD, yeah, I was as giddy as anybody.

THIS team has not burned us.

Other teams wearing the same uniform have.

Why does no one get this?

Marcellus 01-03-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14689551)
Oh, so you want jump to that lily pad to play THAT game to protect him? Weak.

Pretty-much by that standard of thinking, we shouldn't have gotten rid of Alex Smith and faster than Fat Andy. Or any other player that we've gotten rid of.

Andy shouldn't be given a decade to win something any more than a player.

Congrats moron, this may be your dumbest post yet.

Chris Meck 01-03-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 14691101)
We had the league's leading rusher two years ago. So, the offensive line has definitely been good enough to run the football.

It just isn't right now, not consistently.

the offensive line, particularly the interior line from guard to guard are inferior.

It's our biggest weakness.

IF we don't get it done this year, they will be why.

I still believe.

Marcellus 01-03-2020 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 14691101)

2/5th of the OL is different than then and 1/5th has regressed.

King_Chief_Fan 01-03-2020 08:52 AM

still holding out on appreciation for Andy.
It has been 7 seasons with no AFC championship or trip to Superbowls

Maybe this year

Hammock Parties 01-03-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 14691368)
still holding out on appreciation for Andy.
It has been 7 seasons with no AFC championship or trip to Superbowls

Maybe this year

you think alex smith was going to a lot of those with tom brady, ben roethlisberger and peyton manning around?

milkman 01-03-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14691401)
you think alex smith was going to a lot of those with tom brady, ben roethlisberger and peyton manning around?

Not a chance in Hell.

rabblerouser 01-03-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14690706)
Considering all the injuries, the curve for a rebuilt defense and the Chiefs getting the #2 seed Andy is Coach Of The Year.

Agreed. And the fact that his offense has basically dominated the LOS in the wins against Chicago and San Diego gives me great hope.

Let's do this!!

GloryDayz 01-03-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14691280)
THIS team has not burned us.

Other teams wearing the same uniform have.

Why does no one get this?

You're right, "franchise" would have been a better word. But now that that's corrected, my point stands.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-04-2020 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swifty32661 (Post 14687141)
"And if this team doesn’t get to the Super Bowl in the next 3 years, it’s not on him."

Huh? Really? Memories are quite short - I can't post the link, but I'll just leave this here - "The REAL REASON Why Andy Reid Can Never Win the BIG GAME" - on youtube right now for your perusal...or not.

No shit. I'll "point my finger" at the common ****ing denominator, thank you.

Jesus CHRIST that was the dumbest thing I've read on here in weeks.

jjchieffan 01-04-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14691401)

This is a good point. But now it's our turn. We have the franchise quarterback. I have every bit of confidence that we will win Superbowls now, with Reid and Mahomes. Just look at what Reid has done that no other Chiefs coach has done. 4 consecutive AFC West titles. Nobody else ever did it twice in a row. First ever AFC championship game at Arrowhead. First coach to draft and develop a true franchise quarterback. Add to those the fact that he ended the playoff losing streak and the home playoff losing streak. Anyone who wants him fired if he fails to win a Superbowl this season is a moron. It took 50 years to get a coach that could accomplish what Reid has. Good luck finding someone better.

BigRedChief 01-04-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

My group down here when Fitzmagic happened.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VVhhaZnGz-w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GloryDayz 01-04-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14693296)
This is a good point. But now it's our turn. We have the franchise quarterback. I have every bit of confidence that we will win Superbowls now, with Reid and Mahomes. Just look at what Reid has done that no other Chiefs coach has done. 4 consecutive AFC West titles. Nobody else ever did it twice in a row. First ever AFC championship game at Arrowhead. First coach to draft and develop a true franchise quarterback. Add to those the fact that he ended the playoff losing streak and the home playoff losing streak. Anyone who wants him fired if he fails to win a Superbowl this season is a moron. It took 50 years to get a coach that could accomplish what Reid has. Good luck finding someone better.

^^^^ Preemptively excusing a(nother) possible miss of a SB ^^^^

Pitt Gorilla 01-04-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14693448)

Which part was inaccurate?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-04-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14693448)

Glory, it takes a special and unique coach to not win Super Bowls. They are a VERY rare commodity. Do you think that ability just grows on trees? And to find one who can endlessly doodle in an offensive playbook in pursuit of the perfect screen? You need to get your head on straight, sir.

Megatron96 01-04-2020 03:26 PM

Something like 12 teams have never even been to the Super Bowl.

Only 31 coaches in NFL history have ever won a Super Bowl.

19 of those coaches only won 1 SB.

The fact is, most HCs don't ever get a chance to get to a SB, much less win one.

In his 20 years as a HC, Andy Reid has accumulated 16 winning seasons, 14 of those with at least ten wins per season.

He's advanced to the playoffs 14 times, made it to the NFC/AFC Championship game 6 times (5/1), the SB once, and owns a 10-9 playoff record.

Very, very few HCs have accomplished as much.

And as the HC of the Chiefs, Andy Reid has given us 7 consecutive winning seasons, 6 trips to the playoffs, including 5 in a row, 4 as the defending AFC-W champions, brought us to within 4 inches of the Super Bowl last year, and the 2nd seed in 2019.

If you can't appreciate the level of excellence that Andy Reid bought us as Chiefs fans, you're kind of stupid.

Jimmya 01-04-2020 03:50 PM

Bunch of dudes on here getting excuses ready for Fat Andy to shit the bed. As Howie Long said "it's hard for any true NFL fan to deny Andy's past."

Hammock Parties 01-04-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14693978)
Bunch of dudes on here getting excuses ready for Fat Andy to shit the bed. As Howie Long said "it's hard for any true NFL fan to deny Andy's past."

Andy doesn't shit the bed no mo

last year proved it

staylor26 01-04-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Oh that’s right it’s Andy Reid’s fault that McNabb is a pussy and Dee Ford lined up offsides.

Narratives can be so ****ing stupid.

RealSNR 01-04-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Or, a bunch of dudes are recognizing that Andy Reid is close to breaking through every year, and with a QB like Patrick Mahomes, they prefer to take their chances with a coach who can put the team in the conversation just about every year rather than explore going with a coach who might **** shit up and ruin several seasons of Mahomes’ career.

And you say, “Fat Andy is going to do that anyway!” No, he’s not. He’s given Patrick two years as the starting QB and two years with a first round bye in the playoffs. There’s one other coach in the NFL who gives his QB a chance to break through like that on a consistent basis, and that coach is currently under fire for his second instance of cheating.

The Super Bowl is difficult to achieve. Maybe Andy will eventually lose the team like he did in Philly, but until then, unless you felt pretty damn good about his replacement, don’t ****ing fire him.

Jimmya 01-04-2020 04:08 PM

1-3 in consecutive NFC championship games, and it's all McNabb's fault... Lol.. And how many points did the Chiefs score in the first half in last year's AFC championship game? Lol

staylor26 01-04-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14694081)
1-3 in consecutive NFC championship games, and it's all McNabb's fault... Lol.. And how many points did the Chiefs score in the first half in last year's AFC championship game? Lol

I’m talking about the Super Bowl dumbass. Anybody that watched that game knows McNabb was a ****ing pussy.

If it weren’t for that or Dee Ford lining up offsides Andy Reid would have a SB and this narrative wouldn’t exist. That’s how fragile it is.

Andy Reid’s offenses consistently put up more points against Belichick’s defense than anybody. Who gives a **** about the 1st half. They had the game won and put up 31 without Ford’s offsides penalty. That’s a fact.

Hammock Parties 01-04-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14694081)

Wasn't Andy's fault.

OL didn't block, Mahomes took a sack that pushed us out of FG range, and missed a TD.

Jimmya 01-04-2020 04:14 PM

It's all Dee's fault... No matter how shity the first half offense was... Nobody on ESPN or fox talks about Dee Ford... All the talk is on giving up on the running game and HORRIBLE clock management and that's a fact.

staylor26 01-04-2020 04:16 PM

What a great ****ing argument!

The dumb talking heads don’t agree!

The Chiefs win the game without it. It’s a fact. Acknowledge that or shut the **** up.

Jimmya 01-04-2020 04:18 PM

"Andy Reid’s history of clock mismanagement in the NFL playoffs has often helped the Patriots" last year's headlines after the game. Not blaming a random player for the entire game. Wow

Jimmya 01-04-2020 04:21 PM

Here's some more from another article just in case.. "To get it done, Reid might have to shake his reputation as coach who’s terrible at managing the clock — especially when his two worst time-related failures came in playoff games against the Patriots."

staylor26 01-04-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14694126)
"Andy Reid’s history of clock mismanagement in the NFL playoffs has often helped the Patriots" last year's headlines after the game. Not blaming a random player for the entire game. Wow

Clock management caused Dee Ford to line up offsides and nullify a game sealing INT? News to me.

Andy’s offense had the lead. The game was won. Clock management had nothing to do with it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-04-2020 04:25 PM

Excellent work, Jimmuh. Bring the pain. The most exciting topic on CP come Monday the 13th?

That's right; river diversion. Get your shovels and hard hats ready, bitches.

Jimmya 01-04-2020 04:29 PM

Shit.. I want and need Andy to bring it home for us. My eagle buddies laugh at me and give me a hard time every year. Worse was Peterson giving them the championship they always wanted.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-04-2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14694190)
Shit.. I want and need Andy to bring it home for us. My eagle buddies laugh at me and give me a hard time every year. Worse was Peterson giving them the championship they always wanted.

I remember how giddy the fans and players were in 2013 when Andy's Chiefs beat Philly in a regular season game.

And then a few years later? Because Chiefs. And Doug Pedersen.

BWillie 01-04-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14689014)

So we probably ran the ball about 300 too many times.

RealSNR 01-04-2020 04:52 PM

Stuff you can legitimately blame Andy for during his Chiefs tenure:

-Waiting too long to fire Sutton
-???

BWillie 01-04-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14694264)
Stuff you can legitimately blame Andy for during his Chiefs tenure:

-Waiting too long to fire Sutton
-???

And clock management. That is it.

He's the best thing to ever happen to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Jimmya 01-04-2020 05:01 PM

"Andy Reid is 1 – 4 in Conference Title games & 0 – 1 in Super Bowls b/c the man can not adjust to ANYTHING! And Nothing will change this year b/c he’s already authored 2 Epic KC Chiefs playoff collapses against Indy & Tenn" :(

BWillie 01-04-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14694314)
"Andy Reid is 1 – 4 in Conference Title games & 0 – 1 in Super Bowls b/c the man can not adjust to ANYTHING! And Nothing will change this year b/c he’s already authored 2 Epic KC Chiefs playoff collapses against Indy & Tenn" :(

Some of it, even alot of it, is just bad luck.

Hammock Parties 01-04-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14694314)
the man can not adjust to ANYTHING

you don't even watch football if you post this

Jimmya 01-04-2020 05:15 PM

I'm just cutting and pasting sports articles from previous years to show you guys that it's a fact that Andy has a a label on him just like some qbs labeled as game managers.

RunKC 01-04-2020 05:21 PM

QB loses playoff game-Andy fixes the problem
Defense loses playoff game-Andy fixes the problem

The guy isn’t perfect, but he’s fixing problems holding him back

RealSNR 01-04-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14694417)
I'm just cutting and pasting sports articles from previous years to show you guys that it's a fact that Andy has a a label on him just like some qbs labeled as game managers.

Those aren’t facts, you ****ing moron

RealSNR 01-04-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14694280)
And clock management. That is it.

He's the best thing to ever happen to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Where? When? Did he have a bad clock management game like once per season? Oh no.

Belichick just lost to the Dolphins and farted away his team’s bye week.

Jimmya 01-04-2020 05:39 PM

It's not a fact that he's labeled with bad clock management... There are entire sports articles in 2 NFL cities that include Andy Reid and bad clock management... Lol..fact is you are in total denial... You're a Fat Andy lover.. Same as the Sutton lovers that wouldn't blame Sutton but kept blaming the players.

ChiefsFanatic 01-04-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14691283)
2/5th of the OL is different than then and 1/5th has regressed.

My point was it doesn't matter how good the offensive line and running back are, Reid doesn't run the football in the playoffs. His stubborn refusal to run the ball has cost us no less than 3 playoff games, and in two of those we had 18 points leads in the second half.

RealSNR 01-04-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14694566)
It's not a fact that he's labeled with bad clock management... There are entire sports articles in 2 NFL cities that include Andy Reid and bad clock management... Lol..fact is you are in total denial... You're a Fat Andy lover.. Same as the Sutton lovers that wouldn't blame Sutton but kept blaming the players.

It's not a fact because you cite sports articles. It's an opinion. And the opinion from one of those cities is heavily informed by the functionally reeruned crybabies who live in Philadelphia.

Like, was there bad clock management in the AFC Championship game? When was that? We scored too fast? How should Andy have coached the team so that we would not have bad clock management?

Jimmya 01-04-2020 05:58 PM

"Super Bowl XXXIX is largely remembered for two things: Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb vomiting on the field (which may or may not have actually happened) and Reid mismanaging his timeouts during the team’s final drives (which definitely did happen)"

Jimmya 01-04-2020 06:02 PM

Chiefs Headlines Under Reid
that game:
—“Andy Reid still doesn’t know how to manage a clock, and it cost the Chiefs another playoff game”
—“Andy Reid goes full Andy Reid, mishandles clock to doom the Chiefs”

—“Clock management again bites Chiefs coach Andy Reid”

Recent evidence

RealSNR 01-04-2020 06:04 PM

"Evidence"

staylor26 01-04-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 14694574)
My point was it doesn't matter how good the offensive line and running back are, Reid doesn't run the football in the playoffs. His stubborn refusal to run the ball has cost us no less than 3 playoff games, and in two of those we had 18 points leads in the second half.

Never mind that all but one of our RB’s went down in one of those games

:rolleyes:

Andy can’t win. When he runs and we’re unsuccessful he’s too conservative. When we pass and we’re unsuccessful he doesn’t run the ball enough. It’s all results based and morons like yourself fall for it every time regardless of them.

Jimmya 01-04-2020 06:07 PM

Quick question for the Andy Lovers. If Mahomes doesn't win a SUPERBOWL the next 7 years. You're OK with that? Just curious

staylor26 01-04-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14694722)
Quick question for the Andy Lovers. If Mahomes doesn't win a SUPERBOWL the next 7 years. You're OK with that? Just curious

It depends on the context. If Reid is directly responsible, then no.

You’re trying to say he was directly responsible last year and he wasn’t. Dee ****ing Ford was and anybody with half a brain could see it if their default isn’t “whatever the talking heads say is 100% the truth!”.

RealSNR 01-04-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14694722)

So that means... get rid of Andy now? In a couple years? In those seven years? And replace him with... who? What was the primary cause of each Chiefs loss in those 7 years?

You're talking nonsense right now. You sound like an idiot. You don't qualify or explain any specific instances of "clock management" errors with the Chiefs. You've just come up with this "BAD CLOCK MANAGEMENT" label that you're convinced of, and you're ignoring all the good qualities that make Andy Reid one of the best coaches currently in the league. And because you ignore all those good qualities, you talk like he's the biggest roadblock to the Chiefs and a Super Bowl.

Andy Reid is a problem? Tell us what the Chiefs should do about that.

Jimmya 01-04-2020 06:19 PM

I'm a chiefs fan not a certain player or coach.. You seem to have some infatuation with Fat Andy... Andy has a great Qb... Get it done... As Belichick says "this is a results oriented business.. Pretty simple."

RealSNR 01-04-2020 06:29 PM

In 7 years, Andy Reid will be 68 years old. I'm not so sure we'll need to get rid of him at that point.

Jimmya 01-04-2020 06:45 PM

At a sports bar here in Texas and they are killing O'Brian for not kicking the FG!

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-04-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14694977)
In 7 years, Andy Reid will be 68 years old. I'm not so sure we'll need to get rid of him at that point.

I'm going to position the new field goals at east/west. I figure it's best to just take the wind out of play as much as possible, and my studies show me that north/south tends to be the majority of gusty winds in KC.

BWillie 01-04-2020 07:16 PM

Guys, you can have weaknesses and still be one of the best coaches ever. Clock management IS his bugaboo. It SHOULD be something easy to correct.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-04-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14695572)
Guys, you can have weaknesses and still be one of the best coaches ever. Clock management IS his bugaboo. It SHOULD be something easy to correct.

It's not like there isn't some of the best source material available on the subject right in the arrowhead archives either.

Megatron96 01-05-2020 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14696832)
It's not like there isn't some of the best source material available on the subject right in the arrowhead archives either.

Bunch of ****ing reeruns. "Ooh, Andy mismanaged a game back in 2005!"

Please shut the **** up.

He took us to the goddamned AFCCG game last season with a ****ing rookie QB. We would've won that game if it weren't for a dipshit mistake by one player. Which you reeruns have decided was somehow Andy Reid's fault.

One ****ing season with a rookie QB, a middling OL, and the worst ****ing defense in the NFL and Andy Reid somehow figured out how to put the Chiefs in a position to win the AFCCG.

And somehow he's a shitty Head Coach.

Dumbest ****ing shithead reerun fans ever on the face of the ****ing Earth.

ChiefsFanatic 01-05-2020 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14694699)
Never mind that all but one of our RB’s went down in one of those games

:rolleyes:

Andy can’t win. When he runs and we’re unsuccessful he’s too conservative. When we pass and we’re unsuccessful he doesn’t run the ball enough. It’s all results based and morons like yourself fall for it every time regardless of them.

No, Andy can't win because he doesn't run the football with a big lead. Andy can't win because he doesn't protect the defense by running the football. And saying if he runs the ball unsuccessfully he gets criticized for being too conservative is a blanket statement that doesn't take into account when Reid decides to run the ball. Like earlier this year when he called two consecutive running plays right up the center's ass, on a day when we averaged about 2.5 yards per rush.

But with 18 point second half leads, even unproductive runs, take time off the clock, which gives the defense longer rest periods, and gives the opponent less time on offense, limiting their scoring opportunities.

Incomplete passes stop the clock. P

And his refusal to run the ball also makes the offense one dimensional, and allows the defense to key in on rushing the QB, and let's their linebackers off the hook on any play action passes, because the threat of the run is statistically very low.

I said in another post or thread that I hope that Mahomes is finally the QB that can overcome Reid's playoff play calling.