ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Pets of Chiefs Planet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150331)

whoman69 04-10-2010 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We lost our pet two years ago. Whitey was a Westie. We haven't gotten a replacement because of allergies by my wife and oldest son.

Gadzooks 04-10-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6665159)
Houston, Tranquility Base here.....

What the hell is that?
That's one cool lookin persian/lion.

Here's my tabbie point siamese:

damaticous 04-10-2010 08:29 PM

Miss my Misty

I had to put down my kitty on Thursday....4-08-2010:deevee:

She was such a good kitty.

16 years ago, my father and I went to pick out a cat for me out of the local Bengal cat breeders house. I knew right away she was special and RIGHT for me the first time I saw her..

took her home.....:deevee:

ok to hard for me to talk about yet.

but, all in all she had a great 16 years of life. I'll NEVER forget her.

I'm still torn between the "Right thing for her" and what I wanted. She needed to be euthanized, but I was NOT ready to let her go. After about a year of wrestling with the notion of letting her go I finally decided to say my good byes.

when I read an article on the net Wednesday that reminded me "cats don't look to or understand the future, they live for the now" I knew. She wasn't happy and needed to go.

The past couple of days have been really hard on me. I haven't slept in my bed without her for 16 years until Thursday. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep since Wednesday.

I keep telling myself, "She's just a cat", but that cat and I have been through a marriage, close death of that wife, a divorce, about 6-8 different homes, and finally settling in where I am now. We've been through a lot together.

I don't have children, so....she is...was....my daughter...my 16 year old daughter.:(

sorry for the long post, but I really needed to get that off my chest.

I'm sure the 21 beers today haven't helped my emotions any. :D

I'm sure time heals all wounds, but this one is pretty damn deep for me.

damaticous 04-10-2010 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by damaticous (Post 6665389)

16 years ago, my father and I went to pick out a cat for me out of the local Bengal cat breeders house. I knew right away she was special and RIGHT for me the first time I saw her..

I'm still torn between the "Right thing for her" and what I wanted. She needed to be euthanized, but I was NOT ready to let her go. After about a year of wrestling with the notion of letting her go I finally decided to say my good byes.

when I read an article on the net Wednesday that reminded me "cats don't look to or understand the future, they live for the now" I knew. She wasn't happy and needed to go.

The past couple of days have been really hard on me. I haven't slept in my bed without her for 16 years until Thursday. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep since Wednesday.

I keep telling myself, "She's just a cat", but that cat and I have been through a marriage, close death of that wife, a divorce, about 6-8 different homes, and finally settling in where I am now. We've been through a lot together.

I don't have children, so....she is...was....my daughter...my 16 year old daughter.:(

Miss my Misty!

BWillie 04-10-2010 08:35 PM

So what do you guys think about declawing cats? I asked it on a UK based pet thread and people were saying there is a special place in hell for me for front declawing my cat.

Fire Me Boy! 04-10-2010 08:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by damaticous (Post 6665389)

Very sorry to hear, man. My Rosebud turned 11 a couple weeks ago, and I've had her since she was 6 weeks old, longer than I've known my wife. And as she gets older I know the day will one day come, no doubt sooner than I want or am ready. She's one of the family, and a very close one at that.

One of the hardest things to come to terms with is that you did the right thing. They look to you to take care of them, and that includes the bad.

You're in my thoughts.

This is my Rosie. She like cups... and she she just had a bath.

damaticous 04-10-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6665399)
So what do you guys think about declawing cats? I asked it on a UK based pet thread and people were saying there is a special place in hell for me for front declawing my cat.

I declawed my cat.

Against my wishes though. I was living with my parents at the time and they didn't want my cat to tear up their furniture. I agreed with it...reluctantly.

Misty was a strickley indoor cat so it was OK....but a outdoor cat really should have their claws for protection (against other cats) or escape predictors (climb trees)

My opinion.

damaticous 04-10-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6665401)
Very sorry to hear, man. My Rosebud turned 11 a couple weeks ago, and I've had her since she was 6 weeks old, longer than I've known my wife. And as she gets older I know the day will one day come, no doubt sooner than I want or am ready. She's one of the family, and a very close one at that.

One of the hardest things to come to terms with is that you did the right thing. They look to you to take care of them, and that includes the bad.

You're in my thoughts.

This is my Rosie. She like cups... and she she just had a bath.

Very cute kitty.

thank you for the kind words.

It's extremely hard to do.

Fire Me Boy! 04-10-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6665399)

I don't like the idea of it - the claw is part of their digit, so it's equivalent to cutting your fingers off at the first knuckle.

That said, my Rosebud is front declawed. The two cats I've had since her got declawed, mainly because Rosie was already declawed.

Future animals will not be declawed.

MadMax 04-10-2010 09:03 PM

I know you do my friend, I sure miss my girl Stinky, had to let her go after 18 years of love and companionship :( Her real name was Tara. God that shit hurts. She used to put her front paws around my neck and her nose in my face and go to sleep. I think i'll cry a little for her tonight.

MadMax 04-10-2010 09:04 PM

very pretty dog :)

MadMax 04-10-2010 09:05 PM

heh, I have a few cup drinkers also.. :) cute kitty!

MadMax 04-10-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6665159)
Houston, Tranquility Base here.....

awesome kitty! looks like a baby lion

Fish 04-10-2010 09:07 PM

I'm going to have some baby beardies soon... just incubated 2 eggs today...

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7...6695206370.jpg

CHENZ A! 04-11-2010 01:45 AM

man don't declaw cats... thats they fingers......................

Coach 04-11-2010 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5565430)
Fat Cat

Nice cat. My parents have that kind of cat, the grey fur with black spots/stripes.

gblowfish 04-11-2010 10:36 AM

I'm going to snap a few new pics of my kitties today. Nice day to be a kitty today.

Frazod 04-11-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damaticous (Post 6665398)
Miss my Misty!

Sorry to hear about your cat. We have two brothers who are 15 now, one's still very healthy but the other one's is getting frail and slowing down. It'll really suck when he goes.

I agree, when you don't have kids, you invest more in your pets.

Give yourself a few days to grieve, and then get a new kitten. :thumb:

gblowfish 04-11-2010 11:39 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Kitty pics from around the yard and house today:
Baxter (he matches the carpet)
Ginger on the porch
Cousin checking out the back yard
Rocky taking a nap on the screened in porch.

Delano 04-11-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6665436)
I'm going to have some baby beardies soon... just incubated 2 eggs today...

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7...6695206370.jpg

Cool. I used to raise Rankins.

Frankie 04-11-2010 05:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 6665432)
awesome kitty! looks like a baby lion

Thanks. I have to shave Sammy like a lion because:

1- He is a freak of nature and has extra hair growth on top of his head. I have never seen another Persian that has this feature.

2- He has the correct coloration for a lion (albeit a miniature one).

3- Last but not least, if I don't he will be as in the second picture below:

Rain Man 04-11-2010 08:19 PM

I took my boy in for a wellness exam on Saturday, and the veterinarian said that he has a mass in his abdominal area that wasn't there in his last exam. He's going in for an ultrasound on Wednesday, but her tone indicated a serious concern. He seems to feel great and is eating fine and stuff, so I'm hoping it's nothing serious, but I'm very worried. He's 17 years old and we've had him since he was 7 months old.

BWillie 04-12-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damaticous (Post 6665402)
I declawed my cat.

Against my wishes though. I was living with my parents at the time and they didn't want my cat to tear up their furniture. I agreed with it...reluctantly.

Misty was a strickley indoor cat so it was OK....but a outdoor cat really should have their claws for protection (against other cats) or escape predictors (climb trees)

My opinion.

I've lived w/ 5 cats over the years, all of except one was declawed. I had no idea that people freaked out about declawing a cat until like a couple months ago. So I read up about it, and I still don't see what the big deal is. I think the thing that gets people is the quote "you are cutting off their fingers" thing, and that registers in their head as barbaric.

The four cats that were declawed were all great cats. Had no behavioral problems whatsoever. Very nice loving cats. The only cat I have had that I did not declaw, was when I was like 21 and had my own apartment. I got it from a store for free because they said they were going to put it down. Thing was a nice cat, but it was a bastard. I even got it a climbing tree and a scratching pole. The thing would declaw my furniture. Destroyed a leather couch I had, and even a regular couch. I even have a scar where it accidently scratched me. I was young and didn't have alot of money so I ended up giving it away to someone.

I understand why you shouldn't declaw your cat if it's an ourdoor cat, but my cat is strictly indoor. What does it need to use it's claws for? He doesn't climb, he doesn't hunt, he struts around, eats food. Lays around all day, plays w/ toys. Living the dream. A cat's claw is retracted most of the time anyway. When they are walking, cat claw is retracted, etc. So I don't see it being a complete valid argument that it's their "fingers". Yes, it's a bone that is attached to another joint, but it's not like they need it unless they are in the wild. My cat was knocked out when it had it done. When I got him he was in good spirits, wasn't meowing or yelping in pain at all. He was walking around w/ his bandages on as well, and two of them even came out before the 1 day or so they were supposed to stay on and he had no pain and was purring as can be wherever he went.

The same people who say declawing is so cruel advocate essentially cutting your cats balls off. I know they neuter them to avoid unwanted pets that have to be destroyed, but I don't know about you, I don't want my nuts cut off.

I guess, I couldn't even own a cat if it wasn't for declawing. I have all leather furniture, and it would be completely ruined. I think alot of people in the US would not own a cat unless it was declawed, so that sure beats the alternative of more pets being killed everyday because they are unwanted.

Lzen 04-12-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6665405)
I don't like the idea of it - the claw is part of their digit, so it's equivalent to cutting your fingers off at the first knuckle.

That said, my Rosebud is front declawed. The two cats I've had since her got declawed, mainly because Rosie was already declawed.

Future animals will not be declawed.

For the longest time, I didn't want to declaw my cat because she spends half her time outside. But I tell ya what after having furniture and things like hoody sleeves all mangled up, I am seriously considering it. Probably would suck for a 13 year old cat but might save us in ruined stuff. Either that or antifreeze.

Lzen 04-12-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 6666026)
Kitty pics from around the yard and house today:
Baxter (he matches the carpet)
Ginger on the porch
Cousin checking out the back yard
Rocky taking a nap on the screened in porch.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkMvKeX7erI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkMvKeX7erI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

seclark 04-12-2010 02:36 PM

easter
sec

Frazod 04-12-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 6668577)
For the longest time, I didn't want to declaw my cat because she spends half her time outside. But I tell ya what after having furniture and things like hoody sleeves all mangled up, I am seriously considering it. Probably would suck for a 13 year old cat but might save us in ruined stuff. Either that or antifreeze.

If you're going to do it, do it when they're young.

I've had my share of torn up shit over the years as well, but I just grumble and deal with it.

BWillie 04-12-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6668724)
If you're going to do it, do it when they're young.

I've had my share of torn up shit over the years as well, but I just grumble and deal with it.

That is what my vet said too. My vet won't do it when they get over a certain age. I think it's the vets that declaw the cheap way and no matter what the age is of the cat that give declawing such a bad name.

wildcat09 04-12-2010 05:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is my boxer Bogey at about 6 wks.......she turns a year next month. I hope to have some updated pics soon..........they are around here somewhere.

Fire Me Boy! 04-12-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Please, please don't declaw your cat if she's 13 years old. A number of vets I've talked to say it's harder the older they are. If you are going to do it, do when they're little.

MadMax 04-18-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6666839)

1- He is a freak of nature and has extra hair growth on top of his head. I have never seen another Persian that has this feature.

lol beautiful cat :)

MadMax 04-18-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

I too have dealt with my cats ruining stuff through the years and yes it pisses me off. I have come to terms with it and it is all part of the deal. I have come to the conclusion that I love my animals more than I love my stuff lol. I know it sucks sometimes but the tradeoff to me is worth it. My kids also ruined stuff but I can't De-hand them.. :)

BWillie 04-18-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 6683307)
I too have dealt with my cats ruining stuff through the years and yes it pisses me off. I have come to terms with it and it is all part of the deal. I have come to the conclusion that I love my animals more than I love my stuff lol. I know it sucks sometimes but the tradeoff to me is worth it. My kids also ruined stuff but I can't De-hand them.. :)

I would not own a cat if it wasn't declawed. Tried it one time. It did not work out well.

Frankie 04-18-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6683313)
I would not own a cat if it wasn't declawed.

Totally agreed. It's NOT inhumane either. BTW, it's the front paws that are weaponized against furniture. You don't need to declaw the hind paws. In fact they will use them to scratch themselves.

Rain Man 04-18-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6667079)
I took my boy in for a wellness exam on Saturday, and the veterinarian said that he has a mass in his abdominal area that wasn't there in his last exam. He's going in for an ultrasound on Wednesday, but her tone indicated a serious concern. He seems to feel great and is eating fine and stuff, so I'm hoping it's nothing serious, but I'm very worried. He's 17 years old and we've had him since he was 7 months old.

I got good news. I was all worried that it was a tumor or something, and the vet was worried. As it turns out, he's got a liver issue, but apparently it's something that is likely not serious and doesn't even require treatment. So we dodged a bullet.

MadMax 04-20-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6683313)
I would not own a cat if it wasn't declawed. Tried it one time. It did not work out well.

Different pets for different people I understand that :) I have had both cats and dogs and love both but that's just me. Oops my bad you were referring to de-clawing, I can understand that too. I personally think it's cruel but I have had a cat de-clawed so there ya go. I see both sides and as long as the cat is indoors and loved it's alll good to me.

MadMax 04-20-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6666839)

Hehe nice job Frankie, like I said awesome beast :)

MadMax 04-20-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6665965)
Sorry to hear about your cat. We have two brothers who are 15 now, one's still very healthy but the other one's is getting frail and slowing down. It'll really suck when he goes.

I agree, when you don't have kids, you invest more in your pets.

Give yourself a few days to grieve, and then get a new kitten. :thumb:

I agree so much, any animal you befriend for so many years is heartbreak when they must go. I have lots of memories of my feline and canine friends whom I have outlived :( I love them and miss them as if they were my children. I'm thinking maybe we should get Galapagous turles since they live to over 100 years. It always sucks to lose a loved one.

Lumpy 04-21-2010 10:33 AM

This thread makes me sad. :(

I really miss having a canine companion. There's nothing better than coming home from work and getting greeted w/ slobbery kisses. Granted, Gonzo does that sometimes... but still. Heh.

Cute pets, everyone!

btlook1 04-21-2010 11:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Heres a photo or two of the litter we have right now...4 weeks old.

Frankie 04-21-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btlook1 (Post 6691707)
Heres a photo or two of the litter we have right now...4 weeks old.

Very cute. Especially the pose in the left pic.

MOhillbilly 05-13-2010 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shitty phone pic of one that can and has done everything called upon her to do.

DMAC 05-13-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6755881)
Shitty phone pic of one that can and has done everything called upon her to do.

ROFL Were you falling over?

MOhillbilly 05-13-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6755887)
ROFL Were you falling over?

id had a few.

Sofa King 05-13-2010 01:42 PM

ahh, i think i've seen your dog somewhere else before...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/15/89...c0c101.jpg?v=0

Cannibal 05-13-2010 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our boy Franky (named after Old Blue Eyes) with another confirmed kill. Also call him Frankenator which we've shortened to 'Nator. LOL. Our cats each all have several names.

Gadzooks 05-13-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 6756103)
Our boy Franky (named after Old Blue Eyes) with another confirmed kill. Also call him Frankenator which we've shortened to 'Nator. LOL. Our cats each all have several names.

There must be siamese type of breeding in Frankie, although, instead of being cross eyed, he's wall eyed. Nice cat.

Cannibal 05-13-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 6756166)
There must be siamese type of breeding in Frankie, although, instead of being cross eyed, he's wall eyed. Nice cat.

Thanks.

He was a stray that started hanging around. He was skinny with huge balls that were accentuated by him being so skinny. The wife rescued him and had him fixed, shots and the whole nine yards. She said when she put the collar on him started walking around all proud like he knew he had a home. He's a great hunter and likes to bring his kills to the door to show he can pull his weight and provide for the family :D

Gadzooks 05-13-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 6756184)
Thanks.

He was a stray that started hanging around. He was skinny with huge balls that were accentuated by him being so skinny. The wife rescued him and had him fixed, shots and the whole nine yards. She said when she put the collar on him started walking around all proud like he knew he had a home. He's a great hunter and likes to bring his kills to the door to show he can pull his weight and provide for the family :D

Since he's been fixed, does he still have "huge balls"?
Our poor little guy had massive balls prior to getting "fixed". Now he has an empty sack and a high voice. I have no idea of what those butchers did to him.

Cannibal 05-13-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 6756246)
Since he's been fixed, does he still have "huge balls"?
Our poor little guy had massive balls prior to getting "fixed". Now he has an empty sack and a high voice. I have no idea of what those butchers did to him.

Believe they were completely removed. Now he's just got a black patch of fur back there.

Frankie 05-13-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 6756166)
There must be siamese type of breeding in Frankie, ....

HEY WAIT A MINUTE....!!!!

Gadzooks 05-13-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6756316)
HEY WAIT A MINUTE....!!!!

I'm sorry. I meant to say Thai as opposed to Siamese

CHENZ A! 05-13-2010 09:12 PM

Here is my jungle cat at 8wks old. I get to bring her home next week.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1qidrl.jpg

CHENZ A! 05-26-2010 07:20 PM

My baby jungle cat named Sade has been home for a week. She is a terror. She puts both of her feet in her water dish while getting a drink. Needs to be involved in everything I am doing and hates being told what to do, very stubborn just like Dad. She's very vocal too, even makes noise while she's eating.
http://i48.tinypic.com/riat5k.jpg

CHENZ A! 05-26-2010 07:24 PM

Sade was watching the games with me last night. She likes to watch the big screen while sitting on the automan. She took a dive at the screen during a FIFA game. Hasn't done it again since though.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2zny2bl.jpg

Idahojim 05-26-2010 07:42 PM

Have a hampster named Princess.
Have a 12-year-old Shitzu named Angel.
Have an 8-year-old female Golden Retriever named Marley.
Have a 6-year-old male Golden Retriever named Gunnar (after a former defense coordinator who was in good grace at the time).
Have a 6-month-old white male Boxer named Albert (I'm also a Cardinal fan).

BWillie 05-26-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 6782705)
My baby jungle cat named Sade has been home for a week. She is a terror. She puts both of her feet in her water dish while getting a drink. Needs to be involved in everything I am doing and hates being told what to do, very stubborn just like Dad. She's very vocal too, even makes noise while she's eating.
http://i48.tinypic.com/riat5k.jpg

Ah look, it's a $500 cat :)

RedNFeisty 05-26-2010 07:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my baby girl, when the kids are gone she goes every where with me!!

RedNFeisty 05-26-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 6757266)
Here is my jungle cat at 8wks old. I get to bring her home next week.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1qidrl.jpg

That is a gorgeous cat!!

CHENZ A! 05-26-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6782730)
Ah look, it's a $500 cat :)

More like $500 shit machine/ pain in my ass. :)

listopencil 05-26-2010 08:41 PM

Currently alive:

Two dogs, a cat, a turtle, a hamster and a lamb.

Gordo+Rocko, Ninja, Mrs. Turtle, ? and Matt.

petegz28 05-26-2010 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cassiopeia "Cassie"

listopencil 05-26-2010 09:32 PM

This just in, the hamster's name is "Pumpkin".

Frankie 07-24-2010 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Puya and his new pal.

CHENZ A! 08-17-2010 09:37 PM

The jungle cat is having a bad week. Had to take her to the emergency room.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2vxf4ty.jpg

Phobia 08-18-2010 01:25 AM

We have a new Morkie puppy. He's gorgeous. This one is not ours but markings are virtually identical:
http://www.morkieworld.com/black-white-male-morkie.jpg

Saccopoo 08-18-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 6940749)
We have a new Morkie puppy. He's gorgeous. This one is not ours but markings are virtually identical

What?

You take a stock internet photo and say "This is my pet...almost."

I mean, shit, really?

kysirsoze 08-18-2010 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 6940749)
We have a new Morkie puppy. He's gorgeous. This one is not ours but markings are virtually identical:
http://www.morkieworld.com/black-white-male-morkie.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6940776)
What?

You take a stock internet photo and say "This is my pet...almost."

I mean, shit, really?

Yeah, dude. You totally broke the "Internet Pet Thread Rules." WTF, man....

Saccopoo 08-18-2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 6940778)
Yeah, dude. You totally broke the "Internet Pet Thread Rules." WTF, man....

**** off. You get a new dog and the first thing that comes out is the camera. You can't post a photo of the real dog?

Saccopoo 08-18-2010 03:40 AM

That is, unless Phobia is a neo-Ludite and doesn't embrace the digital camera age, though, since he's posting here via the Intranets, it's a weak argument at best.

Buck 08-18-2010 03:41 AM

What happened to your cat Chenz?

CHENZ A! 08-18-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6940786)
What happened to your cat Chenz?

Took her to get spayed, and after being home a couple of days, her stitches developed an infection. It was looking pretty bad. I took her to this hippie vet yesterday and she put honey on the infection.Honey is supposed to kill the bacteria and provide nutrients I guess. I got really good hippie vibes from this vet though. The jungle cat is not shy by any means, but she loved this vet, sat on her lap for like 10 min and didn't even try to get down.
Posted via Mobile Device

DMAC 08-18-2010 08:20 AM

What is the jungle cats name? Please dont say Simba or something...

Pants 08-18-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6940922)
What is the jungle cats name? Please dont say Simba or something...

It's Sade.

DMAC 08-18-2010 08:30 AM

How about, Leopardo?

loochy 08-18-2010 08:49 AM

Well, I used to have my very own Rancor monster.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hero...8/rancor_3.jpg

However, some douchehole named Luke came in and killed it.

http://www.swg1.net/gallery/img/5/luke_rancor.jpg

I was sad.

http://www.jedi-business.com/images/...eper_Big_6.jpg

Skyy God 08-18-2010 09:45 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This is my English Cocker, Cooper. He's a bit of a knucklehead (was a rescue) but has turned out to be a great dog once we got the walking thing down (i.e., no pull harness).

Radar Chief 08-18-2010 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:cuss: Fleas! :banghead: :cuss:
She probably picked them up rolling in some carrion while we were out fishing but she’s got them now and I can’t get rid of them.
Got her on Sentinel, didn’t change anything.
Put some Front Line on her, same thing.
I’m starting to think I’m just going to have to give her a flea dip to get rid of them.

MOhillbilly 11-01-2010 02:32 PM

Got me a new bulldog pup, 7 months. The Apache thinks its a hound cross,lol. Hes alittle rowdy but smart and affable. Needs some work and is alittle stressed out. Gonna hard ween him and see what happens.
God lord he is gonna be a gorilla.

Named him Otis.

Ill post pics after he is cleaned up.

they wanted a bulldog so i brought home a BULLDOG.

down from homer.

DJ's left nut 11-01-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 6941019)
This is my English Cocker, Cooper. He's a bit of a knucklehead (was a rescue) but has turned out to be a great dog once we got the walking thing down (i.e., no pull harness).

Tell this dog to quit being a pussy and it won't get humped at the dog park all the time...