ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Official 24 Bet Pictures Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109342)

2bikemike 02-01-2005 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Considering we mods make a strong effort not to step on one another's toes, I'd say it was the same person that changed it in the first place.

It's just sad that gochiefs keeps pointing out that he's 6 years older than slayer, but slayer is the only one who takes it like a man.

Chronologically he might be 6 years older. But maturity wise I would say he is about 15. Tonights little temper tantrum was a classic example.

Slayer Diablo 02-01-2005 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
I don't think it was that easy....and I still think I've changed, quite a bit, since my first days on this board.

If you consider finding new lame comebacks to put into your obnoxious arguments a change, then yes I would have to agree....

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:22 AM

Quote:

Oh - you got me. I was just making that up.

:rolleyes:

There are 4,000 usernames here. I have trouble keeping track of all of them sometimes. However, I do know for a fact that people have left ChiefsPlanet because of YOU. One of them told me so via PM over at ChiefsCoalition. I don't recall his handle at the moment.

Oh, I don't doubt that I chased some people away. I don't think anyone that's come on to the board since "JBret" hopped on has been chased away because of me, though.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
I know I didn't break a sweat.

Yeah but changing my name just served to ignite what had already been made a powder keg by others.

Heh...I can see you with an evil grin on your face as you drop the match.

David. 02-01-2005 01:25 AM

it's a fucking username. To blow up about that is silly.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.
it's a fucking username. To blow up about that is silly.

I blew up because I felt I had won the right of control over it.

I've had it changed in the past and didn't so much as whine in one post about it.

Why do you think I accepted the wager? I wanted control of it.

Phobia 02-01-2005 01:30 AM

Quote:

Yeah but changing my name just served to ignite what had already been made a powder keg by others.

Heh...I can see you with an evil grin on your face as you drop the match.

Read this tonight. Link to it. Print it. Read it tomorrow. Read it next week. Read it often:

If you ever hope to recover any sense of credibility or respect at ChiefsPlanet, you need to take personal responsibility. Stop deflecting onto other people as partially responsible for your choices. ENDelt didn't make you behave this way, I didn't make this a powder keg - you picked your path tonight. People are going to always push your buttons because you've exposed a weakness. You need to conquer that weakness and bury it before you can move on.

2bikemike 02-01-2005 01:33 AM

Quote:

Read this tonight. Link to it. Print it. Read it tomorrow. Read it next week. Read it often:

If you ever hope to recover any sense of credibility or respect at ChiefsPlanet, you need to take personal responsibility. Stop deflecting onto other people as partially responsible for your choices. ENDelt didn't make you behave this way, I didn't make this a powder keg - you picked your path tonight. People are going to always push your buttons because you've exposed a weakness. You need to conquer that weakness and bury it before you can move on.

Either that or step away from the keyboard and go play with his Star Wars figurines for awhile before typing something really fugging stupid.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike
Either that or step away from the keyboard and go play with his Star Wars figurines for awhile before typing something really fugging stupid.

I have like...5. I don't play with them either.

David. 02-01-2005 01:35 AM

Quote:

I have like...5. I don't play with them either.

well thank god. That's totally the point.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:37 AM

Quote:

well thank god. That's totally the point.

Hence why I only have a few. I don't play with them. They're like minature statues to me.

David. 02-01-2005 01:38 AM

Quote:

Hence why I only have a few. I don't play with them. They're like minature statues to me.

I think what 2bikemike is trying to say, is when you're about to post something stupid. Take a moment and think about it....

Phobia 02-01-2005 01:41 AM

Quote:

I think what 2bikemike is trying to say, is when you're about to post something stupid. Take a moment and think about it....

If he were capable of recognizing a stupid post, he would have stopped long ago. It is extremely fortunate that I was able to recognize his shortcomings and limit his thread creation ability. If I took it a step further and limited his response posting ability, I think he would be a lot more careful about the shit he posts.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:43 AM

Quote:

If he were capable of recognizing a stupid post, he would have stopped long ago. It is extremely fortunate that I was able to recognize his shortcomings and limit his thread creation ability. If I took it a step further and limited his response posting ability, I think he would be a lot more careful about the shit he posts.

I think this is the first stupid thread I've had in...months.

RNR 02-01-2005 01:47 AM

Quote:

Phobia you have got a better chance throwing pebbles in the Grand Canyon to see if you can fill it up, than trying to reason with this fugtard. This jackoff can not interact with people less the saftey of a keyboard. Sadly negative attention seems to turn this twit on.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider
This jackoff can not interact with people less the saftey of a keyboard.

You are greatly mistaken. How do you think I held a job as a reporter for a daily college newspaper for two semesters?

Phobia 02-01-2005 01:48 AM

Quote:

I think this is the first stupid thread I've had in...months.

Fair enough.

How about the next time you feel yourself being sucked into a stupid thread, why don't you take a couple hours away from the computer? Would that be wise? When you do finally obtain a significant other, you will eventually grow weary of her/him. Most people with a smidgeon of sense make an opportunity to take a break from their SO when the relationship reaches that point - it could be as simple as a trip to the store.... You, OTOH, have demonstrated that you would be one of those individuals who will stay at their SO until one of you is sent to the hospital.

Phobia 02-01-2005 01:50 AM

Quote:

You are greatly mistaken. How do you think I held a job as a reporter for a daily college newspaper for two semesters?

That's laughable. You stalked the frick'n editor of the newspaper until she felt uncomfortable around you. Why would you even attempt to use that as an example?

RNR 02-01-2005 01:50 AM

Quote:

A phone would be my guess, anyway **** off.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:51 AM

Quote:

A phone would be my guess, anyway **** off.

Nope. Although there's nothing like being cussed out by a coach over one.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:51 AM

Quote:

Y'know, I've been meaning to ask this since the thread started... but, damn my short attention span.

Why is the thread title "24 bet pictures"? Was the original planned laid out in a hijacked 24 thread? I don't recall.

12x2 = 24

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:52 AM

Quote:

That's laughable. You stalked the frick'n editor of the newspaper until she felt uncomfortable around you. Why would you even attempt to use that as an example?

I didn't stalk her at all....I wasn't fired because I posted about her on the 'net, either. Is that what you think?

As an example, it was perfect, because I had to interact with dozens of people face to face every day of the week.

|Zach| 02-01-2005 01:54 AM

Umm, I have been playing with photoshop.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:55 AM

Quote:

So, because two of you were supposed to be growing facial hair for twelve months.... yeah, I guess that sounds like something Slayer would dream up.

Or, have I misintepreted your post?

Nope....you got it.

Phobia 02-01-2005 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
Umm, I have been playing with photoshop.

I think Zach feels left out of the facial hair bet. You want in, Zach?

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 01:58 AM

Quote:

He'll kick Slayer's ass too....

|Zach| 02-01-2005 01:58 AM

Quote:

Not really...I hate facial hair. I detest shaving every day but I would detest havinf facial hair even more.

Phobia 02-01-2005 01:59 AM

Quote:

Phobia you have got a better chance throwing pebbles in the Grand Canyon to see if you can fill it up,

What can I say, I'm not too bright. My ego is such that I think I can rehabilitate the little bastard. I need to tell my ego to **** off.

Rausch 02-01-2005 02:00 AM

Quote:

Not really...I hate facial hair. I detest shaving every day but I would detest havinf facial hair even more.

Puzzy...

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:00 AM

Quote:

What can I say, I'm not too bright. My ego is such that I think I can rehabilitate the little bastard. I need to tell my ego to **** off.

Come on, you're doing a great job. JBret was a model Chiefsplanet citizen until tonight.

David. 02-01-2005 02:01 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't dare take that bet. I've got babyface in my genes. My grandpa would probably look like slayer if he tried to grow a beard.

Rausch 02-01-2005 02:01 AM

Quote:

I need to tell my ego to **** off.

Better get an axe...

Phobia 02-01-2005 02:03 AM

Quote:

I didn't stalk her at all....I wasn't fired because I posted about her on the 'net, either. Is that what you think?

As an example, it was perfect, because I had to interact with dozens of people face to face every day of the week.

I think something happened that caused you to be fired. I don't know the details, but I'm certain it had everything to do with your social limitations. Holding down a college newspaper job for 2 semesters is proof of nothing. College is used to separate the wheat from the chaff all the time.

Miles 02-01-2005 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Better get an axe...

Careful with that axe eugene

Rausch 02-01-2005 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Careful with that axe eugene

Obscure Pink Floyd references are automatic rep...

Phobia 02-01-2005 02:07 AM

Quote:

Better get an axe...

Heh heh. Here's a little example for you, gochiefs. I have a weakness (many of them, actually). This one is my ego. Rausch is cracking on me for my ego problem. Except he knows it's not going to upset me. Why? Because I've accepted my weaknesses and embraced them. I have to either conquer them or work around 'em. It takes a while to reach this level of enlightenment. I didn't have a clue who I was at 23 and neither should you be expected to either.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:07 AM

Quote:

I think something happened that caused you to be fired. I don't know the details, but I'm certain it had everything to do with your social limitations. Holding down a college newspaper job for 2 semesters is proof of nothing. College is used to separate the wheat from the chaff all the time.

Nope, I wasn't fired. I quit of my own accord after the semester was over.

I was even invited back several months later for a reunion party....

It's proof that I can interact with dozens of people on a daily basis....which is what RNR apparently thinks I'm incapable of.

Rausch 02-01-2005 02:08 AM

Quote:

It's the only reason I hang out with you. I like to be among my peers.

I figured that'd work with me too, but I'm like the Chiefs: I have the ability to play down to my opponent...

Rausch 02-01-2005 02:10 AM

Quote:

Heh heh. Here's a little example for you, gochiefs. I have a weakness (many of them, actually). This one is my ego. Rausch is cracking on me for my ego problem. Except he knows it's not going to upset me. Why? Because I've accepted my weaknesses and embraced them.

Actually, I was going with the whole "I know you know I have a sense of humor and it's not personal" thing.

But if you want to go all crybaby-Oprah on us...

Phobia 02-01-2005 02:11 AM

Why did you quit? You wanted to be a journalist, but you blew it. You quit. All your example proves is that you're the chaff. You got separated, whether it was by virtue of a firing or of your own volition.

teedubya 02-01-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Heh heh. Here's a little example for you, gochiefs. I have a weakness (many of them, actually). This one is my ego. Rausch is cracking on me for my ego problem. Except he knows it's not going to upset me. Why? Because I've accepted my weaknesses and embraced them. I have to either conquer them or work around 'em. It takes a while to reach this level of enlightenment. I didn't have a clue who I was at 23 and neither should you be expected to either.

Im enlightened.... and hungry...

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Are you saying I fly off the handle when people crack on me for my weaknesses?

RNR 02-01-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Nope, I wasn't fired. I quit of my own accord after the semester was over.

I was even invited back several months later for a reunion party....

It's proof that I can interact with dozens of people on a daily basis....which is what RNR apparently thinks I'm incapable of.

You call it interacting, most of us call it stalking.

Phobia 02-01-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Actually, I was going with the whole "I know you know I have a sense of humor and it's not personal" thing.

But if you want to go all crybaby-Oprah on us...

Oh yeah. That's what I really meant to type, but gochiefs screwed it all up for me. He made me become Oprah. Shit.

SHIT!!!

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:14 AM

Quote:

Why did you quit? You wanted to be a journalist, but you blew it. You quit. All your example proves is that you're the chaff. You got separated, whether it was by virtue of a firing or of your own volition.

I THOUGHT I wanted to be a journalist. My short experiences in the field convinced me that I wanted no part of the profession DESPITE being able to do it.

I didn't "blow" anything. I made a decision based on what I wanted to do with my life. It wasn't journalism.

teedubya 02-01-2005 02:14 AM

he is saying that you should analyze why it upsets you and work on the cause, not the symptom.

people are always gonna push peoples buttons... if we all let that affect us negatively, there would be a lot more dead people on the highway from cutting me off.

Most shit is small meaningless shit, and you have to learn to let that shit bounce off your 'deflector shield'.

Phobia 02-01-2005 02:15 AM

Quote:

Are you saying I fly off the handle when people crack on me for my weaknesses?

I'm saying that you have a whole lot of social weaknesses. I don't know what causes them, but my observations have taught me that you're very insecure and immature. You're never going to overcome these issues living under your mother's wing. You need to set out on your own and find yourself.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:15 AM

Quote:

You call it interacting, most of us call it stalking.

So I was stalking all the players on the baseball team? What about the handicapped basketball team?

|Zach| 02-01-2005 02:16 AM

Quote:

You need to set out on your own and find yourself.

This is great advice no matter what your social ability.

Phobia 02-01-2005 02:17 AM

Quote:

What about the handicapped basketball team?

You weren't stalking them - you were voted MVP.

Rausch 02-01-2005 02:17 AM

Quote:

Oh yeah. That's what I really meant to type, but gochiefs screwed it all up for me. He made me become Oprah. Shit.

SHIT!!!

I don't think he got too much of teh ghey on you, but you might want to check with a HR Geiger counter to be sure...

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:18 AM

Quote:

I'm saying that you have a whole lot of social weaknesses. I don't know what causes them, but my observations have taught me that you're very insecure and immature. You're never going to overcome these issues living under your mother's wing. You need to set out on your own and find yourself.

I disagree. I think I'm as capable of interacting socially with people as the next guy. Certainly I used to have issues in this department, but not anymore.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:19 AM

Quote:

Imagine the joke you could have made if I had mentioned the women's basketball team.

teedubya 02-01-2005 02:19 AM

yeah, if you are 23 and have never moved away from mom and dad... chances are that you may NEVER move away, thus NEVER getting laid.

points to ponder.

Perhaps, GoatCheese... you need to have a website. www.goatcheeze.com or something, give you an outlet for all your anger, and ridiculousness.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs
yeah, if you are 23 and have never moved away from mom and dad... chances are that you may NEVER move away, thus NEVER getting laid.

points to ponder.

Perhaps, GoatCheese... you need to have a website. www.goatcheeze.com or something, give you an outlet for all your anger, and ridiculousness.

I don't think I have alot of anger inside me...not at all.

teedubya 02-01-2005 02:21 AM

Quote:

well, you do have an overwhelming amount of ridiculousness.

|Zach| 02-01-2005 02:21 AM

Quote:

ROFL

teedubya 02-01-2005 02:22 AM

This domain name IS AVAILABLE:GOATCHEEZE.COM $8.95*/yr

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:22 AM

Quote:

I can definitely agree with that...but it's not really a bad thing.

RNR 02-01-2005 02:22 AM

Quote:

I am betting he quit because stalking the handicapped was tougher than he thought. Getting beat up by a kid in a wheelchair would make someone look for a new way to make a living.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:22 AM

Quote:

This domain name IS AVAILABLE:GOATCHEEZE.COM $8.95*/yr

I had a website in high school....but thanks.

|Zach| 02-01-2005 02:23 AM

Quote:

People that have their own websites are uber nerds...

Uhh.

Shit.

Phobia 02-01-2005 02:23 AM

Quote:

I disagree. I think I'm as capable of interacting socially with people as the next guy. Certainly I used to have issues in this department, but not anymore.

Bullshit. You're so defensive, you can't even see it.

I just realized that socially, you're a lot like another, very respected member of this community. I don't think he'd mind the comparison, in fact I'm sure he'd acknowledge it.

You're a lot like keg in kc, except he's capable of learning about himself. He's also a bit older than you, so his development is to be expected. You'll get there eventually....

But you're stunting yourself in your current situation.

FWIW, I put in a bathroom last summer for an ancient man and wife. Their seemingly normal son lived with them - at 50. He never had the desire to move away from his momma.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:24 AM

Quote:

People that have their own websites are uber nerds...

Uhh.

Shit.

I know, I don't have the website anymore...so obviously I'm not an uber nerd, right?

|Zach| 02-01-2005 02:25 AM

Quote:

I know, I don't have the website anymore...so obviously I'm not an uber nerd, right?

I try and make fun of myself and you ruin it.

Rausch 02-01-2005 02:28 AM

Quote:

Yet you quote Yoda and make sex to house plants....

RNR 02-01-2005 02:28 AM

Quote:

That joke hit his defector shield right before it went over his head.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:28 AM

Quote:

Bullshit. You're so defensive, you can't even see it.

I just realized that socially, you're a lot like another, very respected member of this community. I don't think he'd mind the comparison, in fact I'm sure he'd acknowledge it.

You're a lot like keg in kc, except he's capable of learning about himself. He's also a bit older than you, so his development is to be expected. You'll get there eventually....

But you're stunting yourself in your current situation.

FWIW, I put in a bathroom last summer for an ancient man and wife. Their seemingly normal son lived with them - at 50. He never had the desire to move away from his momma.

I certainly have the desire, just not the means at this point in time.

Why do you think I'm incapable of interacting with people socially at a normal level? I've certainly done it in the past. The fact that I don't have an active social life is a result of the fact that I don't like other people very much. I'm a selfish, greedy bastard. And I'm OK with that.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:29 AM

Quote:

Yet you quote Yoda and make sex to house plants....

Umm...so?

Rausch 02-01-2005 02:29 AM

Quote:

He could make fun of you too, if not for the fact you've had more puzz in your pad than...*sigh*....

Sometimes I miss being single...

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:30 AM

Quote:

He could make fun of you too, if not for the fact you've had more puzz in your pad than...*sigh*....

Zach's just an intellectual whore....

teedubya 02-01-2005 02:31 AM

Quote:

well, how about making a website to attempt to make MONEY?

like my website. www.mediathinklab.com

I had a lot of anger... anger over being broke. I think Im on the path of healing that anger. $incerely, Ali Chi3f$

|Zach| 02-01-2005 02:31 AM

Quote:

I love having an apartment and being in a different place and meeting people...all kinds of stuff...I still can't wait to go to London and really get the away from home experience.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:32 AM

Quote:

well, how about making a website to attempt to make MONEY?

like my website. www.mediathinklab.com

I had a lot of anger... anger over being broke. I think Im on the path of healing that anger. $incerely, Ali Chi3f$

I'm not much of an entrepreneur.

Phobia 02-01-2005 02:32 AM

Quote:

I'm a selfish, greedy bastard. And I'm OK with that.

Good. That awareness is important. I couldn't have acknowledged those traits at your age.

However, you're gonna have to call and set up an appointment because I need some rest. Bring your checkbook next time. I gotta feed my family, dude.

Miles 02-01-2005 02:32 AM

Quote:

The fact that I don't have an active social life is a result of the fact that I don't like other people very much. I'm a selfish, greedy bastard. And I'm OK with that.

I know many people that are like that but they still interact very well socially.

David. 02-01-2005 02:32 AM

Quote:

I love having an apartment and being in a different place and meeting people...all kinds of stuff...I still can't wait to go to London and really get the away from home experience.

what are you goin to london for?

Hammock Parties 02-01-2005 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
I know many people that are like that but they still interact very well socially.

So do I....that was my whole point.

|Zach| 02-01-2005 02:34 AM

Quote:

what are you goin to london for?

Just to go. I am still figuring out when. I am not sure weather I want to do it for a semeter for a summer. If I go for a semester then all the classes are pass\fail. :)

teedubya 02-01-2005 02:34 AM

Quote:

I'm not much of an entrepreneur.

good luck with your 'greed' then... Working for others really doesnt pay all that well.