ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2019 Nascar thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321371)

Mecca 06-22-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15031768)
In Branson, Missouri (i.e. the Midwest), there is a Dixie Outfitters store that sells Confederate merchandise and is operated by relatives of current KKK leadership.

That's pretty well known I'd think.

ptlyon 06-22-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15031734)
And on that day you discovered why Alabama has a college football team and not a pro one.

Oh man. Being in a bar during an Alabama game is an experience. Die hard fans.

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15031634)
No it has to do with accessibility to that area. It is very restricted. Your bias and lack of critical thinking ability is showing.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

What are you even talking about? The incident happened in Alabama and it stands to reason that it could very well have been one of the racist piece of shit locals there working on the track.

philfree 06-22-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031799)
What are you even talking about? The incident happened in Alabama and it stands to reason that it could very well have been one of the racist piece of shit locals there working on the track.

Could have been done by someone wanting to stoke the flames of racism and to make Alabama and Nascar look bad. In todays world you just don't know unless you have the facts.

ghak99 06-22-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15031633)
We go through Alabama when we travel back to Missouri by car. They think we are "one of them" and let their guard down.

75% of the time traveling through AL when we stop for food, gas, hotel etc. we have at least one incident of blatant racism said to us or to someone else. They don't care if we hear their comment. Because we are lily white we are viewed as one of them. TWICE they have said to us, "we would have been a lot better off if the South would have won".

To be fair, this applies in both directions.

At one point in my life I was the only white person living in an apartment complex in Missouri that would definitely fall on the lower end of the economic scale. Holy shit was that a learning experience. While I was eventually somewhat accepted, I was known as "the cracker who carries" behind my back. Several of the females were constantly apologizing for the males even after months and months of blatant ignorance. The longer I lived there the more comfortable everyone got and the more often comments were made that weren't made openly when I first moved in.

"I will kill that mother ****er if you bring him around here again" was directed to a female who must have been ~23 for trying to date a white guy. That poor girl bawled about that situation on her back deck for most of the night. I watched a couple guys run that guy off when he gave her a ride home one day. If he ever dated another black girl, I'll bet he didn't walk her to her door without playing 100 questions first.

I finally got into a weird conversation one night with a few of the women and learned I was seen helping one of their kids learn how to cast his new little fishing pole in the yard shortly after I moved in. Whoever saw that also saw the imprint through my shirt when I bent over to help him hold the button on the pole. Apparently, that moved me from whatever I must have been to just "that cracker with guns" and gave me a "pass" of some sort. I regret not pushing some of those evening conversations deeper than I did, but **** ~1/4 of the men who lived in that complex with a rusty fork. They are part of the problem.

vailpass 06-22-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 15031818)
Could have been done by someone wanting to stoke the flames of racism and to make Alabama and Nascar look bad. In todays world you just don't know unless you have the facts.

Yep. Odds are pretty good this is the case.

BigRichard 06-22-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

It is like they don't learn from their stupidity in the past.

ghak99 06-22-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031681)
Kinda has that feel to it. We'll see.

I'll admit that this was my first thought considering the current environment, but there are some really dumb people out there so who knows.

I don't see any way they bury the details of this story so hopefully we actually get to see the facts, whatever they may be.

vailpass 06-22-2020 10:48 AM

Juicy Smollet redux: Southern Sham

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Then it may have been a racist piece of shit within NASCAR then.

My initial response was to somebody ridiculously suggesting it was a false flag operation based on no evidence and with no good reason for doing so.

Sassy Squatch 06-22-2020 10:52 AM

Is there any proof that this may be another Smollet situation?

philfree 06-22-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031849)

My initial response was to somebody ridiculously suggesting it was a false flag operation based on no evidence and with no good reason for doing so.

Could have or may have. We don't know yet and we may never know the truth of the situation. I hope we do.

vailpass 06-22-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031849)

There is plenty of good reason to consider the possibility that this is a false flag operation. Are you saying there isn't?

vailpass 06-22-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15031852)

There is no proof one way or the other. It is one possibility that must be considered until it is eliminated. It makes just as much, or more, sense that it would be a false flag as that it would not be.

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15031878)
There is plenty of good reason to consider the possibility that this is a false flag operation. Are you saying there isn't?

There's plenty of good reason for NASCAR to drive loads of negative attention their way needlessly and now an FBI investigation? Or are you suggesting it was Wallace himself (which makes even less sense)?

Either way, it's a load of crap.

BigRedChief 06-22-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Sure a possibility but the environment was created for this to occur.

Brehanna is the first black women to work in a NASCAR pit crew. She took this on her way into the track on race day.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Finally arrived here near the track in Talladega and some race fans are holding up traffic with their confederate flags. Not surprised by this. They’re obviously angry. <a href="https://t.co/S6EVH2ZMKi">pic.twitter.com/S6EVH2ZMKi</a></p>&mdash; Brehanna Daniels (@Mindless_BMD) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mindless_BMD/status/1274379566551834627?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

vailpass 06-22-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031898)
There's plenty of good reason for NASCAR to drive loads of negative attention their way needlessly and now an FBI investigation? Or are you suggesting it was Wallace himself (which makes even less sense)?

Either way, it's a load a crap.

I'm not sure you understand the concept of false flag. Here:

"A false flag operation is an act committed with the intent of disguising the actual source of responsibility and pinning blame on a second party.

Chief Roundup 06-22-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031799)

So now you are saying it could have been someone that worked there just like the post you quoted but then disagreed with.

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15031906)
I'm not sure you understand the concept of false flag. Here:

"A false flag operation is an act committed with the intent of disguising the actual source of responsibility and pinning blame on a second party.

Answer the question. False flags generally have a reason behind them that will benefit somebody or something. What was the reason here?

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15031920)
So now you are saying it could have been someone that worked there just like the post you quoted but then disagreed with.

The post I quoted suggested the incident was "staged" based on no evidence. It had nothing to do with whether it was somebody who worked there (which was and is always a possibility).

Just because some idiot actor wanted to elevate his career one time doesn't mean we assume every racist act going forward is somehow a false flag.

philfree 06-22-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15031904)

Brehanna is the first black women to work in a NASCAR pit crew. She took this on her way into the track on race day.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Finally arrived here near the track in Talladega and some race fans are holding up traffic with their confederate flags. Not surprised by this. They’re obviously angry. <a href="https://t.co/S6EVH2ZMKi">pic.twitter.com/S6EVH2ZMKi</a></p>&mdash; Brehanna Daniels (@Mindless_BMD) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mindless_BMD/status/1274379566551834627?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

Can't see the video but there are plenty of misguided people who fly the confederate flag but if that's their freedom of expression then so be it. That's their right.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06-22-2020 11:52 AM

It’s not a Jussie situation. First off Bubba didn’t even find the noose, it was his team member and secondly drivers aren’t even allowed in garages

Chief Roundup 06-22-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031943)
The post I quoted suggested the incident was "staged" based on no evidence. It had nothing to do with whether it was somebody who worked there (which was and is always a possibility).

Just because some idiot actor wanted to elevate his career one time doesn't mean we assume every racist act going forward is somehow a false flag.

No but with the lack of access makes it more likely an inside job than just "some local redneck racist" kind of bullshit. Like I said critical thinking.

Abba-Dabba 06-22-2020 11:54 AM

Did Talladega allow fans into their Talladega Garage Experience? If they did, it could have easily came from a fan with tickets to that. Surely they know exactly who bought those tickets if they did have that going.

ghak99 06-22-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031933)
Answer the question. False flags generally have a reason behind them that will benefit somebody or something. What was the reason here?

I don't believe Bubba has the ability to climb to the top of the sport and maximize his platform. If someone wanted to make a bunch of people look bad and instantly give Bubba a bigger stage to spread his word, mission accomplished.

It's also possible that some racist wasn't smart enough to realize the results of his actions.

Abba-Dabba 06-22-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15031965)
No but with the lack of access makes it more likely an inside job than just "some local redneck racist" kind of bullshit. Like I said critical thinking.

https://www.talladegasuperspeedway.c...xperience.aspx

ToxSocks 06-22-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

I don't know, why did Jossie Smollete pay two actor friends to "beat him up" and then blame it on racist white guys?

Lets not act like there isn't a history of this stuff happening.

ToxSocks 06-22-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Since we know absolutely nothing, the answer is "who knows".

You can't rule it out until we get facts.

Abba-Dabba 06-22-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031977)
I don't know, why did Jossie Smollete pay two actor friends to "beat him up" and then blame it on racist white guys?

Are you accusing Bubba Wallace of hiring someone to plant a noose in his garage stall?

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031977)

I'm guessing it had something to do with getting him into the media spotlight and elevating his mediocre career. What exact benefit does NASCAR and/or Bubba Wallace derive from this shit?

Quote:

Other than that isolated example, what specifically are you talking about?

ToxSocks 06-22-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031943)

I don't think anyone is assuming that.

What people are saying is, don't assume that it ISN'T. Just wait.

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15031965)

So it was either some local redneck racist or some redneck racist working on a team within NASCAR. I'm not exactly sure why this difference would matter.

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031986)
I don't think anyone is assuming that.

What people are saying is, don't assume that it ISN'T. Just wait.

It stands to reason that it was not a false flag in this instance (I'm still waiting to hear from anybody how NASCAR and/or Wallace would derive any benefit from this incident happening). Unless and until there is evidence to prove differently, there's little reason not to think this was a racist act.

vailpass 06-22-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

You're kidding, right?

ToxSocks 06-22-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031984)
I'm guessing it had something to do with getting him into the media spotlight and elevating his mediocre career. What exact benefit does NASCAR and/or Bubba Wallace derive from this shit?

Other than that isolated example, what specifically are you talking about?

Mediocre career? He was a star on one of Fox's most successful minority shows to date. Don't give me that shit.

And why do you assume he did it for his career and not his cause (Smollete)?

And who said Wallace did it? I never once assumed it was Wallace or his camp. It very well could be some over-righteous BLM activist looking to stoke the racial flames.

I'm not ruling out that it's some racist redneck pissed about Wallace's protesting.

I'm just also not ruling out that it's some extremist that wants to create chaos to continue forcing the issue.

Chief Roundup 06-22-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 15031976)

It has already been released that they did not sell any this year for this race.

vailpass 06-22-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031980)
Since we know absolutely nothing, the answer is "who knows".

You can't rule it out until we get facts.

Always the correct answer.

vailpass 06-22-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031989)
So it was either some local redneck racist or some redneck racist working on a team within NASCAR. I'm not exactly sure why this difference would matter.

Wut?

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031995)
Mediocre career? He was a star on one of Fox's most successful minority shows to date. Don't give me that shit.

I suppose we're getting into the semantics of "mediocre," but I didn't have a clue who he was and I'm guessing many others didn't either. Elevating himself into the spotlight like that would only have helped.

Quote:

And why do you assume he did it for his career and not his cause (Smollete)?
I tend to question the motivations of people who do disgraceful shit like he did.

Quote:

And who said Wallace did it? I never once assumed it was Wallace or his camp. It very well could be some over-righteous BLM activist looking to stoke the racial flames.
There's a ton of over-righteous BLM activists just walking around in NASCAR pits, are there? LMAO

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best one.

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15032002)
Wut?

You're right, it's just as likely it was a false flag as it was some racist guy upset NASCAR did away with his precious Confederate flag the week before. We should totally consider every option equally.

kstater 06-22-2020 12:15 PM

Reading what Phelps said on the conference call, I get the impression they can see who did it, just not releasing details till FBI gets done. Whoever it is is gonna be banned for life

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Demonpenz 06-22-2020 12:18 PM

Bubba Wallace is a black dude who drives for the most winningest driver in nascar history. I don't think he needs help getting the spotlight.

FloridaMan88 06-22-2020 01:05 PM

Given the tight restrictions to a secure area (especially with the pandemic protocols) it seems like it would be an inside job, but would someone who works at the track or for NASCAR really be willing to throw their career away by doing this?

BigRichard 06-22-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15031904)

So do you have proof this was meant for her or was this just another day at the race track?

kstater 06-22-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15032151)
Given the tight restrictions to a secure area (especially with the pandemic protocols) it seems like it would be an inside job, but would someone who works at the track or for NASCAR really be willing to throw their career away by doing this?

I think it's more likely a local track worker(part time or voluntary gig), than a NASCAR official or crew member. But then again, there's idiots everywhere and they may not have thought it through.

kstater 06-22-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 15032159)
So do you have proof this was meant for her or was this just another day at the race track?

I don't think BRC, or the the girl were insinuating it was directed at her.

BigRichard 06-22-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 15032164)
I don't think BRC, or the the girl were insinuating it was directed at her.

Now that I reread it I think you are right but who was taking the video seems irrelevant then.

Marcellus 06-22-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15031633)
We go through Alabama when we travel back to Missouri by car. They think we are "one of them" and let their guard down.

75% of the time traveling through AL when we stop for food, gas, hotel etc. we have at least one incident of blatant racism said to us or to someone else. They don't care if we hear their comment. Because we are lily white we are viewed as one of them. TWICE they have said to us, "we would have been a lot better off if the South would have won".

You sure seem to end up in some oddball random situations some how.

smithandrew051 06-22-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 15032160)
I think it's more likely a local track worker(part time or voluntary gig), than a NASCAR official or crew member. But then again, there's idiots everywhere and they may not have thought it through.

I’d really like to see the set up of the garage. I’m curious how easily a local track worker could get access to his stall.

Wouldn’t it be pretty easy for a driver to hire someone to tamper with another vehicle like this? If the Patriots have taught us anything, it’s that someone is always cheating.

Wouldn’t a local track worker also be more likely to steal from the garage too?

Again, I’m not a NASCAR fan so I’m sure there’s plenty I’m missing here. Just seems like poor planning that a local track worker could get to that area so easily.

ghak99 06-22-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 15032023)
Bubba Wallace is a black dude who drives for the most winningest driver in nascar history. I don't think he needs help getting the spotlight.

Really?

In 4 years he has no wins, no polls, his average start is 24 with an average finish of 23. During that time he has only led 23 of the 23,500+ laps ran.

He was brought up as a driver who spent very little, if any, time actually working on the cars. That lack of hands on car knowledge is becoming an issue which he himself has openly spoke about several times. His contract only runs through 2020. If he was white, what are the odds that he'd be looking for a new team? I believe Petty has recently talked about plans to extend the contract for another year.

He could definitely use a boost if he wants to climb to the top of the sport and maximize his platform.

BigRedChief 06-22-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15032273)
You sure seem to end up in some oddball random situations some how.

I look like the stereotypical racist ****s down here. My black neighbors tell me that's why I can walk around the neighborhood for 2000 miles and never been stopped or bothered by the police. Yet they are stopped at least 2-3 times a year by the police.

jdubya 06-22-2020 04:16 PM

Are we certain someone didnt mistake Bubba Smollets serpentine belt for a noose?

ghak99 06-22-2020 04:32 PM

I'm certain he just had a good car on a good run with a good push and ****ed it up.

Chief Roundup 06-22-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

It is pretty obvious you don't watch or know much about NASCAR. The last time that car won a race was 2014, before that it was 1999. It goes way beyond that though, the 43 is generally in the back half of the field. They never get talked about.
I don't know how many of you know or are watching the race right now but Wallace is having a good day since he is in the top 10 but guess what not one word about him or the day he is having.

alpha_omega 06-22-2020 05:25 PM

Ya, he was in the lead with 27 to go, he’s slipped back a bit now.

Deberg_1990 06-22-2020 05:34 PM

Bubba will win today. NASCAR has pre ordained it.

Eleazar 06-22-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15032510)
Are we certain someone didnt mistake Bubba Smollets serpentine belt for a noose?

I admit I came into this thread to see if it had turned out to be a hoax.

These stories that are just too perfect and too perfectly timed make me skeptical.

smithandrew051 06-22-2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 15032651)
I admit I came into this thread to see if it had turned out to be a hoax.

These stories that are just too perfect and too perfectly timed make me skeptical.

If this is a hoax (and to my knowledge there is no hard evidence to suggest that at this point), then all of those involved need to be banned from NASCAR for life.

eDave 06-22-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

No. But there wasn't for Smollett at first either.

KS Smitty 06-22-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Some folks have trouble with reading comprehension. Bubba drives for King Richard.

BryanBusby 06-22-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15032642)
Bubba will win today. NASCAR has pre ordained it.

If only NASCAR could 'pre ordained' a good post out of you.

backinblack 06-22-2020 09:36 PM

Pretty happy NASCAR pre ordained Ryan Blaney to win today, he needed that

Eleazar 06-22-2020 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 15032725)
Some folks have trouble with reading comprehension. Bubba drives for King Richard.

Racist. Reported

Demonpenz 06-23-2020 02:15 AM

another noose was found at sonoma

Sassy Squatch 06-23-2020 04:42 AM

Really hard to believe there's racism in NASCAR

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dustin Skinner made these public remarks about Bubba Wallace and the noose. He is the son of Mike Skinner and a late model crew chief; he himself hasn’t raced since 2008. <a href="https://t.co/nMfYrpsp67">pic.twitter.com/nMfYrpsp67</a></p>&mdash; Cassie Fambro (@CassieFambro) <a href="https://twitter.com/CassieFambro/status/1275206592158408704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eDave 06-23-2020 05:14 AM

Sigh

Deberg_1990 06-23-2020 05:30 AM

Wow. That’s for real? Skinner is going to get roasted

BleedingRed 06-23-2020 06:21 AM

Hoax confirmed, it was a garage pull down. Pictures existed from 2019, and a video from 2020 walk through.

Lol

tyecopeland 06-23-2020 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15033125)
Really hard to believe there's racism in NASCAR

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dustin Skinner made these public remarks about Bubba Wallace and the noose. He is the son of Mike Skinner and a late model crew chief; he himself hasn’t raced since 2008. <a href="https://t.co/nMfYrpsp67">pic.twitter.com/nMfYrpsp67</a></p>&mdash; Cassie Fambro (@CassieFambro) <a href="https://twitter.com/CassieFambro/status/1275206592158408704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's quite possibly the dumbest post on this whole situation by skinner. Bubba didnt make the racing unwatchable, nascar did that to themselves many years ago. Did bubba cause the final straw for some people, sure, but to say he single handedly ruined nascar when they've been ruining themselves for 10+ years is idiotic.

R Clark 06-23-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15033177)
Hoax confirmed, it was a garage pull down. Pictures existed from 2019, and a video from 2020 walk through.

Lol

Big damn difference in a noose and a garage door pull down. Didn’t know nascar was that hard up for publicity.

tyecopeland 06-23-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Lol

Links?

eDave 06-23-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Lol

Yea, you can't just post something like this without some supporting information.

eDave 06-23-2020 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15033191)
That's quite possibly the dumbest post on this whole situation by skinner. Bubba didnt make the racing unwatchable, nascar did that to themselves many years ago. Did bubba cause the final straw for some people, sure, but to say he single handedly ruined nascar when they've been ruining themselves for 10+ years is idiotic.

I don't believe that's the kind of ruined he's talking about.

BleedingRed 06-23-2020 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15033203)
Yea, you can't just post something like this without some supporting information.

https://theconservativetreehouse.fil...ose-hoax-9.jpg

eDave 06-23-2020 07:24 AM

Thank you sir. Compelling for sure but the location this is photo was pulled from would be great too.

BleedingRed 06-23-2020 07:27 AM

https://theconservativetreehouse.fil...ose-hoax-5.jpg

kstater 06-23-2020 07:39 AM

I'd be careful saying anything is confirmed. Only thing I can find is from far right conservative sites, and pictures can be altered

BleedingRed 06-23-2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 15033234)
I'd be careful saying anything is confirmed. Only thing I can find is from far right conservative sites, and pictures can be altered

The video the Image is taken from the left can be found on youtube. The "noose" exists in the video. Then the picture on the right is from the other day.

"Far Right" or not, the images are real. But considering the nature of the garage and them claiming they have ZERO video evidence is enough to justify this a HOAX.

No NASCAR doesn't let garages exist without video surveillance.

BleedingRed 06-23-2020 07:45 AM

This is about as believable as two MAGA hat wearing guys in Chicago at 2AM Lynching a C-List actor.

Sassy Squatch 06-23-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15033243)

Bubba Wallace Noose Incident NOT A Hoax Despite Online Speculation Suggesting Otherwise
- I am not 100% sure this is referencing the same thing.

A Facebook post from an unknown user spurred the controversy that the Bubba Wallace noose incident was a hoax. However, the rumour has been called untrue.

https://www.republicworld.com/sports...eculation.html

That's regarding the serpentine belt rumor. The garage tie down being mistaken for a noose seems to be far more plausible unless that footage was just outright doctored.