ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=353064)

irafreak 04-15-2024 09:26 AM

Sorry to hear this. Kind of similar to alzheimers which runs in my family. What are you gonna do when all these stupid apps make you two factor authenticate and you have to remember the 6 digit number? I hate that shit.

displacedinMN 04-15-2024 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17482396)
I've got my place in line for the Mayo clinic workup. Told them I'd go to any location in the USA that has an opening.

They know what the hell they are doing.

VAChief 04-15-2024 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17482324)
I grew up dirt poor in Springfield Missouri. I quit school the day I turned 16. Only have a GED. That's it. I do have 96 college credits but never bothered with getting a degree.

Sorry to hear about your health BRC. I'm going to probably retire in August due to health reasons as well (Stage 4 Prostate).

I grew up in Springfield too, maybe the same year or a year behind you. Went to KHS, played baseball there, before JUCO, arm difficulties and then back to SMS.

siberian khatru 04-15-2024 09:29 AM

Bumped for BRC's benefit

BigRedChief 04-15-2024 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 17482404)
Bumped for BRC's benefit

Well played sir!

BigRedChief 04-15-2024 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irafreak (Post 17482398)
Sorry to hear this. Kind of similar to alzheimers which runs in my family. What are you gonna do when all these stupid apps make you two factor authenticate and you have to remember the 6 digit number? I hate that shit.

Not an issue yet but I am training the wife to take over the financials for us, just to be sure I dont send Bearcat $1000 accidently.

scho63 04-15-2024 09:39 AM

BRC's wife: "Hey, I told you yesterday that hole is a no-go!"

BRC: "No you didn't"

BigRedChief 04-15-2024 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 17482402)
Sorry to hear about your health BRC. I'm going to probably retire in August due to health reasons as well (Stage 4 Prostate).

I grew up in Springfield too, maybe the same year or a year behind you. Went to KHS, played baseball there, before JUCO, arm difficulties and then back to SMS.

Sorry about the diagnosis.

I went to Hillcrest/Glendale so I was a north sider and a south sider. Spent a year at SMS doing prep work for the residency as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.

Straight, No Chaser 04-15-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17482396)
I've got my place in line for the Mayo clinic workup. Told them I'd go to any location in the USA that has an opening.

This can be frustrating... perhaps you'll get Scottsdale :thumb:

Hope they can figure it out. Sounds like dementia.

VAChief 04-15-2024 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17482422)
Sorry about the diagnosis.

I went to Hillcrest/Glendale so I was a north sider and a south sider. Spent a year at SMS doing prep work for the residency as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.

I grew up near Seminole on Maryland before we moved out South. I had mostly good memories there, but left to live in KC for 11 years after college then Virginia the last roughly 30 years.

Hang in there bud!

HonestChieffan 04-15-2024 10:01 AM

Enjoy the retirement. Hopefullly pharma and med science can find a treatment

BigRedChief 04-15-2024 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 17482439)
I grew up near Seminole on Maryland before we moved out South. I had mostly good memories there, but left to live in KC for 11 years after college then Virginia the last roughly 30 years.

Hang in there bud!

I left Springfield when I turned 18 and traveled the world until about 25 years old. Go married and moved to KC for the duration until the taking the job at CENTCOM in Florida.

wazu 04-15-2024 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17482419)
BRC's wife: "Hey, I told you yesterday that hole is a no-go!"

BRC: "No you didn't"

Give it a rest, dude.

Dante84 04-15-2024 10:13 AM

Sorry to hear about this, BRC, but glad you're able to retire despite the terms.

I'm curious to know, if you're open to sharing: When did you realize you might have problem? Was it pointed out to you, or did you yourself recognize something wasn't right? Has it escalated? What's the frequency you encounter issues?

LoneWolf 04-15-2024 10:35 AM

Congratulations on your retirement. It sucks that it is being forced on you. I've flipped you shit on here on a pretty regular basis, but nobody wants to see someone else be forced into retirement due to failing health. I hope you have a blast during retirement and your short term memory loss only makes you forget the bad things.