ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto What color Corvette would you buy? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352921)

ThrobProng 04-02-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17467345)
We're talking about millions of women, my guy. Young, old....you name it.

Yeah, then the driver gets out of the Vette and they dry up like SoCal in July.

ToxSocks 04-02-2024 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 17467361)
Um. If either of you think the panties are coming off because of the design of the car and not the inherent value of your wallet, then, um. Yeah.

The plan is still working.

Same difference.

ThrobProng 04-02-2024 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17467355)
And an SRT Challenger says, what exactly?

"I like things loud, fast in a straight line and kinda ugly"?

I mean sure, the Corvette may just be another bottle blond with big tits trying to look like the true supermodels that came by their looks through stellar genetics. But I'll be damned if it didn't get close enough.

You can take your chick with 'unconventional' good looks - I'll take my bleached barbie with perky cans that corners on rails.

IMO buying a car to impress women is pathetic. In my (much) younger days, I was pulling better tail while driving a $400 Honda Civic than the CEO of my company at the time.

BWillie 04-02-2024 12:28 PM

You guys don't want an orange car.

I have an orange car.

KCJake 04-02-2024 12:55 PM

GT500 please

loochy 04-02-2024 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrobProng (Post 17467338)
Sure, the panties of women who get moist at the thought of a guy going through a mid-life crisis. :D

It always bugs me when they attribute middle aged men getting cool sports cars to a mid-life crisis. Instead, it's usually when a man accrues enough funds to be able to afford the car that they've wanted all along.

ThrobProng 04-02-2024 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17467490)
It always bugs me when they attribute middle aged men getting cool sports cars to a mid-life crisis. Instead, it's usually when a man accrues enough funds to be able to afford the car that they've wanted all along.

True, the middle aged Vette owner with a gold chain and too much exposed chest hair is a stereotype, but so is the bubbly blonde who drops trou at the sight of a Vette.

Mr. Kotter 04-02-2024 01:20 PM

Torch Red is, of course, the choice of most die-hard Chiefs fans, duh?

However, the quandary between black or white is baffling to me. Counter intuitive though it is, white cars don’t “look” nearly as dirty as quickly as black cars. I’ve owned one black car once—given a choice of a white vehicle over a black, that’s easy in my experience. Good luck keeping that black vehicle“clean”—because you’ll need it. ;)

Unless you enjoy washing your car 2-3 times a week to keep the look…:doh!:

loochy 04-02-2024 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 17467534)
Torch Red is, of course, the choice of most die-hard Chiefs fans, duh?

However, the quandary between black or white is baffling to me. Counter intuitive though it is, white cars don’t “look” nearly as dirty as quickly as black cars. I’ve owned one black car once—given a choice of a white vehicle over a black, that’s easy in my experience. Good luck keeping that black vehicle“clean”—because you’ll need it. ;)

Unless you enjoy washing your car 2-3 times a week to keep the look…:doh!:

Well, I opted for black knowing that. I also assumed that a vette would definitely not be the daily driver, and you wouldn't be driving it in rain or snow. If you keep a cover on it in the garage, it should stay decently nice as long as you bust out some detailer and a microfiber cloth to remove bugs and splashes after each drive)

Pablo 04-02-2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17467420)

I have an orange car.

Orange looks good on corvettes not vacuum cleaners

ptlyon 04-02-2024 01:57 PM

Quote:

I have an orange car.

Somehow this surprises me in no way, shape, or form

Rain Man 04-02-2024 02:01 PM

Quote:

I have an orange car.

I don't know about orange, but apricot is awesome.

Actually, orange is awesome on a sports car, too. I like me some color.

Zebedee DuBois 04-02-2024 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17467328)
Just as long as you're both willing to admit that the 'Cacti Green' is really just 'Seafoam Green' that they gave a cooler name to so dude's with bald heads and goatees would buy them...

Your corvette would always be like the 'Tactical Sunglasses" they sell at 10a during the week. They call them tactical so you won't notice that they're Dollar General specials. Just as they called your corvette "Cacti" so you won't notice that it's the same color as those flowery bath salts your wife really likes...

You have hurt my feelings. I shall look slightly upward, rest the back of my hand on my forehead and let out a sigh.

Don't care what it is called, I like the color. Black, white, grey, red, and blue cars are boring.

JohnnyHammersticks 04-02-2024 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrobProng (Post 17467366)
IMO buying a car to impress women is pathetic. In my (much) younger days, I was pulling better tail while driving a $400 Honda Civic than the CEO of my company at the time.

https://c.tenor.com/IS2aZVjYwAYAAAAC/tenor.gif

2bikemike 04-02-2024 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17466693)
I'm a big fan of the Riptide Blue and Accelerate Yellow, but I think my #1 pick is ...

Cacti Green.

I like how the Cacti Green is kind of understated, but also unique.

Much better than Apricot! It was an Apricot BMW wasn't it?