ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Your favorite Chiefs defender of all time is…. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349032)

Rain Man 06-16-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16984300)
Breeland is real interesting. He was good for us but not great and wasn't here that long. Any particular reason for him?

I was cruising through a list of players and his name caught my eye. He was only here for a couple of years, but I thought he was a silky smooth cornerback, and I enjoy good cornerback play. We live in a challenging era for cornerbacks and he could play the way it was needed. I remember his beautiful game-saving play against the patriots in the regular season where he reached around the guy and knocked the pass down to end the game, and then of course I love a cornerback who can make an interception in the Super Bowl.

In thinking about it more, I missed some guys who might be above him and knock him out of the top ten, notably Derrick Johnson. And Dale Carter and James Hasty were fun players to watch as well. So Bashaud might not be in my top ten, but I really liked watching him play.

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06-16-2023 03:45 PM

Bernard Pollard is my favorite Chief's D player ever. The way he snapped Brady's leg like that, I think many of you were born after that happened. Only explanation for the wacky poll options and results I'm seeing.

So for you young kids, which is all of you, let me tell you about Bernard. I know him as "the Bone Crusher" from his days at Purdue patrolling centerfield with malice. Then one time against the Patriots, he cleanly sacked Tom Brady, taking his pussy ass out for the season. Rules were immediately changed to better protect that fraud going forward.

Legend.

loochy 06-16-2023 03:51 PM

I aways liked Dan Saleamua when I was a kid

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06-16-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 16984346)
I aways liked Dan Saleamua when I was a kid

he only ever did anything cause he was next to the better player, Joe Phillips. Saleamua was like the Ryan Sims next to Julius Peppers at UNC.

srvy 06-16-2023 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 16983625)
I want it to be Berry or Honey Badger as they both could take over a game. But they both ended it on the weirdest notes.

I would put Justin Houston in that group. Dont know what happened in the front office to make him just quit playing hard. He had the ability to be at the top of the best defensive players of all time in KC.

rico 06-16-2023 04:18 PM

Tamba Hali.

ToxSocks 06-16-2023 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 16984373)
I would put Justin Houston in that group. Dont know what happened in the front office to make him just quit playing hard. He had the ability to be at the top of the best defensive players of all time in KC.

Hali was a better Chief.

Houston had one 22 sack season and never finished in double digits as a Chief again.

Hali finished with more career sacks.

Ming the Merciless 06-16-2023 04:23 PM

My favorite would have to be DT during the neil smith days. Those two on the field at the same time was ridiculous.

But I have to say Nick Bolton and Willie Gay flying around out there along with McDuffie, Jones and Karlaftis is pretty special. Last year was the 1st year in a LONG time I have bragged on our Linebackers even before the season started.

If Bolton stays healthy and on this team for a while, he could easily become jersey worthy and my all time favorite

srvy 06-16-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16984377)
Hali was a better Chief.

Houston had one 22 sack season and never finished in double digits as a Chief again.

Hali finished with more career sacks.

Agreed and Hali may be my favorite modern-era Chief defender so far. I just meant Houston became one of the disgruntled. Quit playing hard when he found that the front office had had enough and wouldn't meet his salary demands.

HemiEd 06-16-2023 04:55 PM

I voted DT, but would actually put Willie Lanier right there with him awful close.

Chris Jones could end up being the best though, glad he still has years left.

CaliforniaChief 06-16-2023 04:58 PM

I think the sheriff has been reelected.

DJay23 06-16-2023 05:05 PM

When I was 11, the Chiefs drafted DT and Shottenheimer had started turning us around. I was coming of age as a football fan, Chiefs were in a renaissance, and the electricity of DT were the perfect storm. Until Patrick came along, DT was my favorite player of all time. Still my favorite defender.

Frazod 06-16-2023 05:13 PM

Thomas. Nobody else comes close.

Discuss Thrower 06-16-2023 05:16 PM

Kendrell Bell?

poolboy 06-16-2023 05:16 PM

Whomever owns Gates barbecue