ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bucs give Mike Evans 5 year, $82.5 million extension (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314329)

ChiTown 02-19-2024 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17409776)
He'll get a 3 year deal yeah? The 3rd year is going to suck. And so what. Kelce will be gone by then. Jones and/or Sneed will be gone.

Win now baby.

3peat or bust.

Go for it.

I saw a talking head say 4/$96MM. Who knows, but that sort of deal is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of our league, especially for a 31 year old dude.

New World Order 02-19-2024 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17409785)
Brett has definitely avoided big contracts to aging vets. Only exception was Mathieu and Clark when Mahomes was on the rookie contract, and even then id hardly consider those guys as "old".

You can maybe complain about the Taylor contract if you don't like him after this year, but there's no denying Taylor was a young, top 5ish RT at the time of signing him.

Brett's track record tells me he won't be throwing big money at this guy.

Agreed, but who's this Brett guy?

BWillie 02-19-2024 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 17409787)
I saw a talking head say 4/$96MM. Who knows, but that sort of deal is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of our league, especially for a 31 year old dude.

Wouldn't do 4 years but any 3 year deal with Evans and our current situation couldn't be that bad.

mr. tegu 02-19-2024 12:40 PM

Bucs give Mike Evans 5 year, $82.5 million extension

Quote:

That probably seems about right. Some team with a rookie or second year QB could really use his professionalism, reliability, and abilities to develop and gain confidence. And if you are Evans, who already has a Super Bowl, you are probably taking the last big payday as opposed to really valuing going to a Super Bowl team like the Chiefs.

Hoover 02-19-2024 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 17409802)
That probably seems about right. Some team with a rookie or second year QB could really use his professionalism, reliability, and abilities to develop and gain confidence. And if you are Evans, who already has a Super Bowl, you are probably taking the last big payday as opposed to really valuing going to a Super Bowl team like the Chiefs.

Houston

ThyKingdomCome15 02-19-2024 01:15 PM

Quote:

At 31 years old that makes no sense for any team.

ChiTown 02-19-2024 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 17409825)
Houston

Yep

scho63 02-19-2024 01:24 PM

We want a good receiver seeking their first Super Bowl or even making the playoffs.

I think Veach will find us one at a good price.

Dunerdr 02-19-2024 01:26 PM

It's okay to like Mike and understand that he doesn't make sense for the Chiefs for age and money reasons.

Hoover 02-19-2024 01:33 PM

I think we are going to shop for WR in the discount bin. We are going to get a WR who's cut because the money doesn't make sense any longer with the bonus of it not impacting our comp pick compensation.

Why Not? 02-19-2024 01:44 PM

Evans coming here was/is the pipeist of pipe dreams (for some. I know he’s a great player but I’ve never been super enthralled for whatever reason). We’re gonna shop in the cheaper bin for a chain mover. Deep threat either gonna be cheap Hollywood or Mooney or addressed via draft.

Dunerdr 02-19-2024 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 17409905)
Evans coming here was/is the pipeist of pipe dreams (for some. I know he’s a great player but I’ve never been super enthralled for whatever reason). We’re gonna shop in the cheaper bin for a chain mover. Deep threat either gonna be cheap Hollywood or Mooney or addressed via draft.

I'm all in the Hollywood boat. Coming back around on Mooney after being down on him for drops after watching some games this year.

ChiTown 02-19-2024 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17409908)
I'm all in the Hollywood boat. Coming back around on Mooney after being down on him for drops after watching some games this year.

Hollywood makes some sense for sure, especially if they jettison MVS (which I think is a high likelihood at this point). It appears HB is looking for a 3-4 year $15MM/yr type deal, but a 1-yr "prove it" deal like JuJu is possible as well. That might make more sense for the Chiefs than anything else.

Hoover 02-19-2024 02:11 PM

I'd love Brown on a 1 year deal, but highly doubt he would do that

Megatron96 02-19-2024 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 17409768)
And that may be true, but I just don't think Brown is the right guy. Maybe I'm wrong, but the deep threat in KC isn't going to get 100 targets. We are not going to take that many shots per game. Tyreek his final two years was a procession WR because defenses took away the over the top stuff.

I just think if we paid Brown, we are going to be disappointed. Just like we were with Sammy Watkins, and MVS. I'd rather draft and develop another one, and go get a Moody or something at the same price point.

Take the total targets for both MVS/JWat; 97 I believe. We'll just ignore Mecole's 'deep' targets for the time being.

Now, not all of those were 'deep' targets, but if we had a Mike Evans, you could expect around that number of targets for a player like him in this offense. I mean, who really cares how many targets JWat actually gets if we had Mike Evans?

I think it's moot anyway; Evans is going to get at least $25 million/yr, and we can't afford that.