ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Joe Buck: Fox planning to pump in crowd noise, digitize fans for NFL broadcasts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331294)

eDave 05-14-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14971570)
I don't know why people care so much if fans are going to be there. I don't give a shit, at all, if fans are there or not. What I give a shit about is if we get to play the games. I hope we become more lenient over the summer but once falls about to hit we enact more social distancing measures because that is when the cold and flu season comes back.

Fans and fan reaction is essential and are a huge factor for any sport. Especially football.

Without fans, I won't watch any game other than KC probably at some point early. Fans = excitement.

BWillie 05-14-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14971595)
Fans and fan reaction is essential and are a huge factor for any sport. Especially football.

Without fans, I won't watch any game other than KC probably at some point early. Fans = excitement.

The players on the field make the game exciting to me. Not the fans. Sure, I want fans just so I could see a game when I please. But when I'm watching it from home on TV I literally do not care.

If they must feel a need to get people screaming, just pipe in live recording from watch parties or peoples homes clapping and screaming. Call it a day.

eDave 05-14-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14971612)

If they must feel a need to get people screaming, just pipe in live recording from watch parties or peoples homes clapping and screaming. Call it a day.

I'd thought of that as well.
I'm sure Sprint Center will be packed. Pipe that in. Maybe find the fan bars in other cities too. Like the Phoenix CP crew. Though there's a pretty wild Chiefs bar here.

threebag 05-14-2020 07:24 PM

Joe Buck and his wife were on that Watch Party shit. His wife is pretty ****ing hot.

displacedinMN 05-14-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 14971827)
Joe Buck and his wife were on that Watch Party shit. His wife is pretty ****ing hot.

She is from New Prague, MN.

I have friends from NP.
It is a small Czech, inbred town. He is related to half the town. Not kidding.

Buck was at a bar in NP.

Some guy looks down and says "what the **** is Joe Buck doing in New Prague?"

BigRedChief 05-14-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 14971827)

pics or GTFO :harumph:

CarlosCarson27 05-14-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14971340)
Why bring politics into everything? I thought mods kept this shit out of the lounge.

We are talking about pumped in crowd noise and digitized crowds. No politics are involved.

.....um......THE ENTIRE thing is based in/of politicizing a so called virus.

Govt is deciding what you can do with your sports!

It's not about crowd noise. Its about making people fear something with no proof to back it up!

BigRedChief 05-14-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 14972114)
.....um......THE ENTIRE thing is based in/of politicizing a so called virus.

Govt is deciding what you can do with your sports!

It's not about crowd noise. Its about making people fear something with no proof to back it up!

Take that BS to DC for crissakes. :doh!:

Chief Roundup 05-14-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14971570)
I don't know why people care so much if fans are going to be there.

Did you not hear the multiple reports by Adam Schefter and others that if there are no fans in the stadiums it will cause a REDUCTION to the salary cap in 2021-2022 by $30M to $80M PER TEAM. The repercussions of that would be catastrophic.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

CarlosCarson27 05-15-2020 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14972122)
Take that BS to DC for crissakes. :doh!:

DC is the BS. I am the truth.
sports is staged entertainment. But i'd still rather have that than some homer simpson dumb ass pointing at me because i dont wear a mask like a fool

DeepPurple 05-15-2020 08:40 AM

My question is, are they still going to play loud rock music between every play and is the stadium PA announcer going to make the calls as if they're were people in the seats? That would be weird to not hear at least hear that in the background, I think players would prefer the background sounds as well. When the ref makes a call against the home team, will there be booing? There is a lot of thinking that has to go into this.

MTG#10 09-13-2020 02:36 PM

I know other leagues have been doing this for a while but today was the first time I've watched a game with fake crowd noise. It's terrible. Very distracting too and takes away from the game-watching experience a bit in my opinion.

Pointer19 09-13-2020 02:40 PM

Yep. It sucks. Totally unrealistic, too.

MTG#10 09-13-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointer19 (Post 15165667)
Yep. It sucks. Totally unrealistic, too.

I think that's why its so distracting. Maybe it wasn't the same for all stadiums, and its all lame but Gillete sucked horribly at it. At least have it down correctly when to pump in cheers and boos...

007 09-13-2020 02:54 PM

I'd much rather no crowd noise. I want to hear what the players hear.