ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Trek Picard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315883)

Jamie 02-15-2023 02:42 AM

The first episode of Picard season 3 comes out tomorrow, and I can't believe I'm letting myself get excited for it again. The reviews have been... pretty good! A sampling:

Quote:

"A rip-roaring, crowd-pleasing return to form that finally gives us what we’ve wanted all along, bringing back all our Next Generation favorites for a beautiful and emotional reunion."

"Star Trek: Picard begins its third and final season with a cinematic spectacle and a love letter to the TNG era."

"Season 3, however, marks a significant, and welcome, course correction. Instead of attempting another reheat of Star Trek’s greatest hits, this final series is a genuine attempt to recapture the thrill of Trek in its prime."
Please don't let me down again Star Trek. Please.

unlurking 02-15-2023 06:31 PM

Still haven't watched season 2. Waiting for season 3 to wrap up, and hopefully done well.

Bowser 02-15-2023 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 16813086)
Still haven't watched season 2. Waiting for season 3 to wrap up, and hopefully done well.

Season 2 was better than Season 1, imho.

Bowser 02-16-2023 09:38 PM

That was an enjoyable enough first episode. The tone is definitely different this season.

Are we going to get an explanation on what happened between the end of season2 and the beginning of this season at some point? Seems like we skipped over a ton of stuff.

KC_Connection 02-17-2023 02:21 AM

Spoiler!

Jamie 02-17-2023 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16815317)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Bowser 02-17-2023 11:20 AM

Spoiler!

Frazod 02-17-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16815152)
That was an enjoyable enough first episode. The tone is definitely different this season.

Are we going to get an explanation on what happened between the end of season2 and the beginning of this season at some point? Seems like we skipped over a ton of stuff.

Far better than the shit that was Season 2, which I finally bailed on midway through.

One complaint is what a complete over the top asshole the Titan captain is. No way in hell do a retired captain and admiral get put up in bunkbeds. While I assume he's fated to get whacked early on, pulling that kind of shit would get you the command of Star Fleet's equivalent of Adak. That was just silly.

Bowser 02-17-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16816246)
Far better than the shit that was Season 2, which I finally bailed on midway through.

One complaint is what a complete over the top asshole the Titan captain is. No way in hell do a retired captain and admiral get put up in bunkbeds. While I assume he's fated to get whacked early on, pulling that kind of shit would get you the command of Star Fleet's equivalent of Adak. That was just silly.

Yeah, I could see a brash young captain trying to puff up on retired officers trying to get their way, but Picard and Riker with all they've done in their careers? Shit, most captains would take the helm themselves and plot a course to wherever for those two, because there wouldn't BE a Starfleet without those two.

BUT, the story needed him to be that big of a dick to justify Seven basically telling Shaw to go **** himself as she shat her career away because she couldn't take it anymore.

RealSNR 02-17-2023 06:29 PM

Do I need to watch Season 2 to get into Season 3?

I just want the Enterprise crew back together. I don't want to hear about Picard's weird time shit crap he does with Q

srvy 02-17-2023 06:38 PM

It felt more of the same to me. Sorry but old Picard just doesn't work for me.

Bowser 02-17-2023 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16816674)
Do I need to watch Season 2 to get into Season 3?

I just want the Enterprise crew back together. I don't want to hear about Picard's weird time shit crap he does with Q

Only one episode in, but I'd say probably not. It's more of a "you now know these people, here's what they're doing" instead of a continuous storyline with those characters from Season 2. So far.

Jamie 02-17-2023 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16816246)

He didn't bother me, there have been plenty of by-the-book assholes in Star Trek before. Captain Jellico and Admiral Bitchayev, off the top of my head.

KC_Connection 02-17-2023 11:06 PM

Jellico was an asshole but he wasn't an idiot. I also recall his methods proved successful in the end.

Frazod 02-23-2023 07:58 PM

Just finished the second episode. Shit definitely picked up when Raffi's "handler" identified himself. :D

I guess I'll spoiler this next bit for now.

Spoiler!