ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273655)

Dayze 02-12-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10429120)
Ok, now I believe it happened... Looks great!

Pics. It happened. :D

Dayze 02-12-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10429122)
Sweet ass bike Dayze. Do you ever plan to ride it?

Haha. I already have 1500 miles on her, and I got her on Sept 28th. Not bad considering the weather. I pretty much ride whenever weather permits. Even if it's just to go up and get a can of dip, or run an errand that doesn't require me to haul anything. Fun bike to ride.

Dayze 02-12-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 10429195)
Nice work. Pictures just don't do that paint justice, I love it.

Man, I want to ride.

You're right. When it's in the sun, it's incredible. I've received lots of compliments on the paint alone while parked at places etc.

I've still yet to see another 72 on the road here locally; let alone one with the candied paint.

Dayze 02-12-2014 10:32 AM

I'm so glad she fired up on the first shot; even though the idle was screwy. as soon as I plugged in the IAC connector and fired it up, immediately idled correctly, and it was the first time I'd heard it properly idle with the new pipes. and they sound KICK ASS. blipping the throttle and revving it a bit, it sounds like a beast.

it's funny, when I replaced the air cleaner, I didn't expect much difference, but man,...you can REALLY hear it start to suck the air in when starting it up. like it's gulping down some air just before it fires up.

Can't wait to ride it with the new set up.
The rear O2 harness is going to be a bitch to get to in order to install the XiED. Not looking forward to that one.

BIG_DADDY 02-12-2014 10:34 AM

You gotta feel like a sail on that bad boy.

Dayze 02-12-2014 10:43 AM

yeah. Windy days beat the crap out of me on the highway. I rode it to a bike show a few weeks back that was gusting like crazy - my fuel light usually comes on right at 60-65 miles right on the nose every time; this time it came on at 50.

plus, the seat doesn't give much confidence when accelerating hard or on windy head-winds....feels like I'll slid off lol. I've gotten used to it now, however.

It's definitely a bar hopper, or something to bomb around town on. It's sweet spot from a cruising perspective is right about 60. It'll go 70+ all day long with power, but 60 seems just right from an RPM perspective. It only has a 5 speed, so that has a lot to do with it.

Lzen 02-12-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10429228)
I'm so glad she fired up on the first shot; even though the idle was screwy. as soon as I plugged in the IAC connector and fired it up, immediately idled correctly, and it was the first time I'd heard it properly idle with the new pipes. and they sound KICK ASS. blipping the throttle and revving it a bit, it sounds like a beast.

it's funny, when I replaced the air cleaner, I didn't expect much difference, but man,...you can REALLY hear it start to suck the air in when starting it up. like it's gulping down some air just before it fires up.

Can't wait to ride it with the new set up.
The rear O2 harness is going to be a bitch to get to in order to install the XiED. Not looking forward to that one.

I had the Harley shop put on all my accessories when I bought my bike. They put on one called the Big Sucker. It's like what you described of yours. You can actually hear it sucking air when you get on the throttle. :)

Dayze 02-12-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10429266)
I had the Harley shop put on all my accessories when I bought my bike. They put on one called the Big Sucker. It's like what you described of yours. You can actually hear it sucking air when you get on the throttle. :)

:thumb:
I put on the Arlen Ness Big Sucker; probably the one you have. Arlen Ness is a popular A/C for HD's.

jallmon 02-12-2014 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wife and I each got 2013 Harley Ultra Classice Limited in September.

Next Friday it should be in the 50s here in Pgh, so we will get them out!

Dayze 02-12-2014 11:52 AM

Noice. Ultra or Street Glide is going to be my next bike down the road.

I might even keep the 72, and just turn the motor into a mean little beast. :)

vailpass 02-12-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10429211)
Haha. I already have 1500 miles on her, and I got her on Sept 28th. Not bad considering the weather. I pretty much ride whenever weather permits. Even if it's just to go up and get a can of dip, or run an errand that doesn't require me to haul anything. Fun bike to ride.

Cool. When you get old you need to spend your winters here in AZ so you can ride year round...

Dayze 02-12-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10429403)
Cool. When you get old you need to spend your winters here in AZ so you can ride year round...

that would be most excellent.
owning a bike, and having it sitting in the garage for 4-5 months a year due to winter blows. walking past it every day....:banghead:

allen_kcCard 02-12-2014 12:05 PM

I don't really care for fairings as a personal preference. Are bikes like the ultra's up there ever without fairings?

Dayze 02-14-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10429423)
I don't really care for fairings as a personal preference. Are bikes like the ultra's up there ever without fairings?

I 'think' (just going off of memory) the wiring for the head lamps/running lights etc goes in/through the fairing. I'm sure you can remove it, but it might be a pain.

Lzen 02-14-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10429405)
that would be most excellent.
owning a bike, and having it sitting in the garage for 4-5 months a year due to winter blows. walking past it every day....:banghead:

So true.

Damn you, winter! :cuss: