ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294718)

Flying High D 09-25-2021 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15851799)

On the flip-side of that, Thuney does appear to have gacked his block. And it does appear that if Thuney doesn't, the hole is wide open for an easy 1st down and the march continues.

Dammit Clyde - why you gotta fumble that ball away?

A secret agent from NE pissing on our quest for SB. Belicheater and Handy Crafty have no shame. Bass turds

Flying High D 09-25-2021 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15852321)
Imagine being this much of a beta bitch.

If Alex Smith is your QB with Junior Hemingway and Anthony Fasano, I could understand this attitude after that performance. But with Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce?

You don’t deserve this team.

And I’ve got good news for you - I guarantee we don’t lose to the Cardinals or the 49ers this year. Because we already beat them. In the preseason. But you should be really afraid of them!

If a team beats a team in the regular season does that mean they will beat them in the SB? Or is it only a preseason regular season thing?

Bump 10-03-2021 08:12 PM

Well Andy Reid became the first coach ever to win 100 games with 2 different teams. Congrats to Andy and I love that he is our coach!

CasselGotPeedOn 10-03-2021 08:22 PM

Imagine being the OP of this thread lol

rabblerouser 10-03-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 15871076)
Imagine being the OP of this thread lol

I live a fairly awesome life.

I'm sure a few people on here would trade places.

GloryDayz 10-03-2021 08:39 PM

Did the Eagles punt today?

rabblerouser 10-03-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15871126)
Did the Eagles punt today?

Nope.

rabblerouser 10-03-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15844608)
The tell was Clete taking off the 2 pt conversion for the Ravens...illegal man down field on a two yard play? I've never seen that on a goaline play...and probably never will again.

See, this would have put the spread in jeopardy as KC would have likely been trying to win at the end with a TD....thus 4 point margin.

He needed to shave the score down to cover...

Good ol' Clete "Shakin'" Blakeman.

rabblerouser 10-03-2021 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15844736)
Bro... Andy Reid scripts the first handful of drives in a game and EVERY SINGLE GAME in the playoffs the Chiefs were climbing out of a hole. They won the SB purely on the back of Mahomes. Who the **** called the play in the SB that started the comeback when they couldn't get anything rolling on offense? Ya... Mahomes.

Who the **** brought them back from a 24 point hole in the Divisional Playoff?

MAHOMES

rabblerouser 10-03-2021 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15850862)
Interesting in that the game that started KC on a roll that season was the loss to the Titans in Tenn. It was similar to the Raven's loss.

Not really

tredadda 10-03-2021 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15871262)
Who the **** brought them back from a 28 point hole in the Divisional Playoff?

MAHOMES

No one did.

rabblerouser 10-03-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15851944)
An equally stupid playcall by Andy in that game too. At least hes ****ing consistent lmmfgdao.

That was the instead of taking a knee to go to OT, lets just pound Jamaal into the teeth of the Denver defense because hurrr durrr derpa derpa bbq sauce better job better job playcall.

Classic.

This thread was born in the immediate aftermath of that game.

rabblerouser 10-03-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15871283)
No one did.

24 point

tredadda 10-03-2021 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15871286)
24 point

Better

Pitt Gorilla 10-03-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15871283)
No one did.

Why couldn't Andy bring them back from a 28 point deficit? Just another reason why "Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach"!!!

Titty Meat 10-03-2021 10:22 PM

The Eagles went for it multiple times on 4th down and this thread is still dumb as ****

Marcellus 10-04-2021 07:40 AM

Terrible coach who is also the only coach in history to win 100 games with 2 franchises. LMAO

Otter 10-04-2021 07:46 AM

Andy's biggest flaw was that he WAS an autocratic leader as opposed to an efficient delegative leader. He's become much more efficient across the board.

Remember those Super Bowls? We're lucky as **** to have this guy and the person he developed into.

Bowser 10-04-2021 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15871102)
I live a fairly awesome life.

I'm sure a few people on here would trade places.

Andy should teabag you after a Ponack's bender for making this thread.

rabblerouser 10-04-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15871628)
Terrible coach who is also the only coach in history to win 100 games with 2 franchises. LMAO

You're still not reading much, eh?

DJ's left nut 10-04-2021 09:31 AM

I'm still a little curious how some people are going to respond when Andy retires or dies and we replace him with someone who isn't nearly as good as he is.

Because it's going to happen. Andy Reid is one of the 5-10 best coaches in NFL history (and that's being conservative). Some day he won't be here and the guy we hire in his place will be significantly worse.

And there's gonna be a whole pile of people who never understood how good we had it.

rabblerouser 10-04-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15871643)
Andy should teabag you after a Ponack's bender for making this thread.

Right. I was pissed after a brutally heartbreaking loss in 2015 that had a lot to do with Andy shitting the bed with terrible clock management and shit play calls.

This thread was originally an expansion of the "NFL is rigged" monolouge, because, since we know Andy isn't terrible, ehy does he do shit that you would assume only a terrible coach would do?

The real dipshits are morons like Marcellus and Shitt Gorilla who don't understand the context. They have a 2-D perception process with little-to-zero capacity for abstract thought, so I expect very little out of them other than what they've already posted. And since they have no life and nothing better to do in life, they keep clicking on this thread and posting the same shit they've always posted.

Good for them.

tredadda 10-04-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15871808)
I'm still a little curious how some people are going to respond when Andy retires or dies and we replace him with someone who isn't nearly as good as he is.

Because it's going to happen. Andy Reid is one of the 5-10 best coaches in NFL history (and that's being conservative). Some day he won't be here and the guy we hire in his place will be significantly worse.

And there's gonna be a whole pile of people who never understood how good we had it.

I think people forget that he went to the SB with McNabb as his QB. He is an excellent coach and has won a lot of games with QBs like Smith, Kolb, Vick etc.....

Chiefspants 10-04-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

I will be pleasantly surprised if we find someone who can even enter the conversation with him in my lifetime -- and I'm 28.

It's possible we can still sneak into a Super Bowl Wisenhunt style or somesuch, but to have such consistent excellence? We're in our golden era.

Hammock Parties 10-04-2021 10:55 AM

This thread is as bad as the Brady thread and keeps being proven wrong like that thread.

DJ's left nut 10-04-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15871963)
This thread is as bad as the Brady thread and keeps being proven wrong like that thread.

This thread is worse.

Nobody could've predicted that Brady was immortal and at the time of your thread, there were some cracks that looked to be forming.

At least the Brady thread seemed to have an element of truth at the time - if maybe a bit premature.

This thread was stupid from its inception.

Hammock Parties 10-04-2021 10:58 AM

9/18/2015 it DID appear that Reid was going downhill fast in KC, 1-5 after a shitty 9-7 season. 2013 looked flukey.

Truth is it was just Alex Smith's swan song.

Easy mistake to make.

ThyKingdomCome15 10-04-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Andy is the greatest QB whisperer in the history of the game.

DJ's left nut 10-04-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15871967)
9/18/2015 it DID appear that Reid was going downhill fast in KC, 1-5 after a shitty 9-7 season. 2013 looked flukey.

Easy mistake to make.

My first words in this thread a half-decade ago were "You people are ****ing idiots"

I stand by that.

Reid had been an NFL coach for damn near 20 years when this thread was created and in that time had TWO losing seasons. He'd had more success on his own than several franchises had demonstrated to that point. History was punishing him for not winning a championship when in fact it should've been praising him for getting close with slap-dicks like McNabb, Smith and Kolb under center.

No, it was never remotely reasonable to say that a dude with a .600 winning percentage over nearly 20 years of coaching (during the cap era) is "a terrible head football coach".

It was dumb then and it's somehow more dumb now.

Hammock Parties 10-04-2021 11:18 AM

Yeah, but there's lots of examples of guys who were good in one place flaming out in their next stop.

Andy WAS fairly disappointing between 9-7 and 1-5 in 2014 and 2015....here was this offensive guru and our offense couldn't throw a TD to a WR to save lives...any reactionary douche like OP would have flown off the handle at that point.

GloryDayz 10-04-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15871982)
Andy is the greatest QB whisperer in the history of the game.

If he could only cobble together a defense that isn't embarrasing...

Inb4, "He doesn't have anything to do with what goes on with the D, he's the head coach..." LMAO

DJ's left nut 10-04-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13748221)
And we probably ought to just pre-emptively note that at some point teams are going to play a 2 deep man and they're going to take away both the seam passes to Kelce and most of the deep balls to Hill - that's just the nature of that coverage.

And when that happens, Reid will have to use underneath passes, the running game and yes, the {gasp} screen pass.

Teams have dared Mahomes to beat them and to this point he has. They're gonna stop doing that soon and they're gonna give him the Brady treatment. When that happens, we're gonna see fewer of these savage 25 yard strikes up the seam to Kelce. We're not gonna see Hunt breaking loose off a single move down the sideline as often anymore.

That doesn't mean Andy is a pussy know, m'kay fellas? The other guys get paid to play as well.

I just wanna bump this one because I find it funny in light of the new "where are the screen passes?" gripes after years of shitting on him for throwing screen passes.

This was in Mahomes 1st year as the starter. I warned then that we're gonna pass underneath and those long-runs were ever gonna evaporate as safeties stopped being as aggressive.

What we're seeing with this offense right now is a natural progression and we're STILL putting up 40/gm despite a bunch of uncharacteristic mistakes.

Andy Reid is really good at this, fellas.

WilliamTheIrish 10-04-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15872037)
I just wanna bump this one because I find it funny in light of the new "where are the screen passes?" gripes after years of shitting on him for throwing screen passes.

This was in Mahomes 1st year as the starter. I warned then that we're gonna pass underneath and those long-runs were ever gonna evaporate as safeties stopped being as aggressive.

What we're seeing with this offense right now is a natural progression and we're STILL putting up 40/gm despite a bunch of uncharacteristic mistakes.

Andy Reid is really good at this, fellas.

You’re just a 2 dimensional thinker…I mean, do you even madden, bro?

rabblerouser 10-04-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15871967)

Easy mistake to make.

I was thinking about how one of my co-workers thought we should keep Smith AND Mahomes. I was like, you see what we got for Smith? And he got that huge contract? Everybody wins...

I do give Smith some credit for being a pro and stabilizing the position somewhat, but goddamn I was getting really frustrated in 2015 and 2016...

rabblerouser 10-04-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 15872074)

DJ is one of the best posters on this board.

rabblerouser 10-04-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15872009)
Yeah, but there's lots of examples of guys who were good in one place flaming out in their next stop.

Andy WAS fairly disappointing between 9-7 and 1-5 in 2014 and 2015....here was this offensive guru and our offense couldn't throw a TD to a WR to save lives...any reactionary douche like OP would have flown off the handle at that point.

I got your "reactionary douche" right here, Wendy.

Hammock Parties 10-04-2021 12:19 PM

OWN THE OP REACTIONARY DOUCHE

rabblerouser 10-04-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15872151)
OWN THE OP REACTIONARY DOUCHE

I WEAR IT AROUND MY NECK, GODDAMN IT!!

ROFL

I had no less than 3 people from my Facebook friends list giving me shit about it at the AFC Divisional game.

I also told them when we were down by 24 points that we would score 4 TDs in the 2nd quarter and have the lead by the half...

Just wish I had known I was so close to gblowfish so I could have personally thanked him for the 10 things list that got me through the dark ages.

DJ's left nut 10-04-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 15872074)

My favorite part about it is that every week I turn on the TV or the radio and here some talking head yap about "the blueprint" to slowing down the Chiefs.

3 games into Patrick Mahomes career some moron on a message board says "hey guys, teams are going to get tired of getting beat deep and play a 2-deep zone..."

And I'm supposed to pretend like this is some novel concept that it took 2 seasons to figure out and that Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds in NFL history isn't going to be prepared for it.

That all it's ever taken in the NFL was to just not get beat deep and suddenly HoF players/coaches won't be able to move the football.

This is the most obvious, self-evident horseshit in the world. Yet these guys act like they just figured out cold fusion and that the Chiefs are just screwed. It's "wait until they get tape on Mahomes" in its dumbest form.

It's just hilarious. Of course teams are going to play 2-deep zone. They were always going to do it. And Reid was always going to adjust when they do. And the team is still going to score 40 points if Patrick Mahomes stays upright and they don't turn the ball over.

But keep patting yourselves on the backs, pre-game guys. You're doing great work here...

Pitt Gorilla 10-04-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15872357)
My favorite part about it is that every week I turn on the TV or the radio and here some talking head yap about "the blueprint" to slowing down the Chiefs.

3 games into Patrick Mahomes career some moron on a message board says "hey guys, teams are going to get tired of getting beat deep and play a 2-deep zone..."

And I'm supposed to pretend like this is some novel concept that it took 2 seasons to figure out and that Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds in NFL history isn't going to be prepared for it.

That all it's ever taken in the NFL was to just not get beat deep and suddenly HoF players/coaches won't be able to move the football.

This is the most obvious, self-evident horseshit in the world. Yet these guys act like they just figured out cold fusion and that the Chiefs are just screwed. It's "wait until they get tape on Mahomes" in its dumbest form.

It's just hilarious. Of course teams are going to play 2-deep zone. They were always going to do it. And Reid was always going to adjust when they do. And the team is still going to score 40 points if Patrick Mahomes stays upright and they don't turn the ball over.

But keep patting yourselves on the backs, pre-game guys. You're doing great work here...

It's pretty crazy that the formula is really that easy.

1) Don't turn the ball over
2) Get 1-2 "stops" per game.

That's a KC win. Period. Damn, do we have it good.

DJ's left nut 10-04-2021 01:24 PM

And honestly, if the Chiefs are able to defer and get the ball first to start the second half, any of those 'stops' can just be FGs.

Pitt Gorilla 10-04-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15872370)
And honestly, if the Chiefs are able to defer and get the ball first to start the second half, any of those 'stops' can just be FGs.

Yup, that's literally why I put it in quotes. In a number of our games, getting them to actually kick it on 4th down could be considered a stop, even if it nets them 3 points.

rabblerouser 10-04-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15872357)

But the opponents are going to have a real "pick your poison", because it seems like a lot of holes were open for the RBs behind that big ol' line as the Iggles were sitting in their 2 and 3 deep zones trying to not get beat deep...

Get Flash Gordon on the field, both blocking and catching, and the whole "don't turn the ball over, just get a few stops" strategy is going to be in full effect.

Just wish Spags would put Jones back at DT.

GloryDayz 10-04-2021 07:40 PM

I think AR would benefit in threads/conversations like this if he didn't seemingly just totally discount defense. He's one of the greatest offensive side of football minds in history, but his willingness to sacrifice the D is what causes these threads to be born.

Marcellus 10-04-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15872370)

BlackOp was advocating for making sure we get the ball first earlier today LMAO

GloryDayz 10-10-2021 06:56 PM

This defense that Andy has amassed certainly does call into question how great he is as a HEAD football coach.. Remember, the HEAD coach own both the O and the D, not just one or the other, so Andy owns this D's performance too...

RealSNR 10-10-2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15883450)
This defense that Andy has amassed certainly does call into question how great he is as a HEAD football coach.. Remember, the HEAD coach own both the O and the D, not just one or the other, so Andy owns this D's performance too...

****ing reerun

4th and Long 10-10-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15883450)

smh. You're over-reaching. Badly.

Steve Spagnuolo is IN CHARGE of the defense. That's what he gets PAID TO DO. DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Looking to place the blame on Andy is sour grapes. If you're this unhappy with the team I suggest you root for someone else. I hear the Raiders and Broncos are taking applications a few doors down.

GloryDayz 10-10-2021 07:05 PM

LMAO at the excuse makers...

GloryDayz 10-10-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 15883521)
smh. You're over-reaching. Badly.

Steve Spagnuolo is IN CHARGE of the defense. That's what he gets PAID TO DO. DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Looking to place the blame on Andy is sour grapes. If you're this unhappy with the team I suggest you root for someone else. I hear the Raiders and Broncos are taking applications a few doors down.

So, if you think that's true (and I doubt you really do), why is he so involved in the O? You can't have it both ways, if he's not accountable for the D he can't be for the O either, and we just saw him get intimately involved on the drive that took the game to 10-7.

Face it dude, he neglects the D, he absolves himself of the D, and that's all I'm pointing out.

Titty Meat 10-10-2021 07:27 PM

Stop bumping this stupid ass thread

Chiefspants 10-10-2021 07:28 PM

Is there a thread we can start called "We love Andy and he is a HOF coach but let's critically analyze his decisions here"

Just asking.

keg in kc 10-10-2021 07:30 PM

And is what Marty would have been if the Bills hadn't injured Montana in the AFCCG: a coach who needs a generational qb to save him from himself.

TomBarndtsTwin 10-10-2021 07:32 PM

That 3rd and 2 call to run was just beyond awful.

I mean, really??

RealSNR 10-10-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15883535)
LMAO at the excuse makers...

Sorry your only moment of true happiness in your miserable existence as a Chiefs fan wasn't good enough for you.

GloryDayz 10-10-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15884019)
Sorry your only moment of true happiness in your miserable existence as a Chiefs fan wasn't good enough for you.

LMAO... Keep dreamin, boy...

Bearcat 10-10-2021 07:38 PM

That 3rd and 2 call to run the ball was really bad.

Guess that's more than enough to negate the decades of success.

It was pretty bad.

GloryDayz 10-10-2021 07:48 PM

Andy will take the blame after the game and remind us that we need to fix some things, and that's on him.

TLO 10-10-2021 08:06 PM

Just RR this thread

RealSNR 10-10-2021 08:12 PM

Bill Belichick kinda looks like crap these days as a head coach, too. Maybe his record as a great coach should be called into question as well.

GloryDayz 10-10-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15884682)
Bill Belichick kinda looks like crap these days as a head coach, too. Maybe his record as a great coach should be called into question as well.

Deflection...

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.3e931909...pid=ImgRaw&r=0

It doesn't change the fact that Andy has engineered a team with a very terrible D. Nor does it address why he seems only involved with the O.

It's terrible and you know it. And what's worse is that he probably won't fix it.

rabblerouser 10-10-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15884780)
Deflection...

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.3e931909...pid=ImgRaw&r=0

It doesn't change the fact that Andy has engineered a team with a very terrible D. Nor does it address why he seems only involved with the O.

It's terrible and you know it. And what's worse is that he probably won't fix it.

Sir, Andy will claim ownership of this loss. He will say it's on him and they will work hard to fix it.

LongSufferingToady 10-10-2021 11:17 PM

And nothing will change...

A8bil 10-10-2021 11:59 PM

I have never read any post on this thread...but there is a beautiful irony to it. only on CP can a HOF coach be terrible...

OCinBuffalo 10-11-2021 12:17 AM

You know what's hilarious? I lived in Philly when they ran Reid out of town, and as a Bills fan who hates Eagles fans as a result of dealing with them day to day? I suggest: you Missouri people be very careful with your chickens.

rabblerouser 10-11-2021 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCinBuffalo (Post 15886788)
You know what's hilarious? I lived in Philly when they ran Reid out of town, and as a Bills fan who hates Eagles fans as a result of dealing with them day to day? I suggest: you Missouri people be very careful with your chickens.

You're about to get banned.

milkshock 10-11-2021 01:45 AM

We look so sloppy on both sides of the ball

That is on Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEOM 10-11-2021 03:00 AM

His coaching peak was the Super Bowl win, don’t think he is the right fit going forward.

TEX 10-11-2021 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 15886894)
His coaching peak was the Super Bowl win, don’t think he is the right fit going forward.

He's one if the best coaches in NFL history. Just need to get more talent on defense.

TEX 10-11-2021 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCinBuffalo (Post 15886788)

You know what's even more hilarious? How much of a dumbass you are.

rabblerouser 10-24-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 15886872)
We look so sloppy on both sides of the ball

That is on Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woefully underprepared today...but the defense shut TEN out in the 2nd half.

We only scored 3 points.