ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

Eureka 05-05-2021 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15662472)
The guy is a front runner. When things are going well, he looks like a world beater. As soon as he faces the slightest bit of adversity though, he folds like a cheap suit.

Take our comeback against Houston two years ago. Rodgers is simply not winning that game if he was our quarterback. He doesn't possess the competitive fire and leadership ability to do so.

We've seen time and time again Patrick and, as much as I can't stand the guy, Brady rally the troops and keep a positive outlook when faced with seemingly insurmountable deficits.

When Rodgers goes down, he slinks off to the corner of the bench and cries to himself the rest of the game. Then in the post-game press conference he blames everyone but himself. I can't fathom how any of his teammates have any respect for him. The dude is a punk, bad teammate who loves to compile stats against garbage comp but ALWAYS comes up small in big moments.

It he goes to the AFC West I will not lose a second of sleep. He isn't beating our guy in a meaningful game. He isn't built like Patrick, plain and simple.

In the same token Rogers was sitting on the bench behind Farve at the same age of Mahomes. Patrick will not be slinging it while being tackled at Rogers age. Part of Mahomes game is getting out of the pocket and being elusive. That will not bode well for him over the years. He was lucky that his knee injury that kept him out wasn't worse. He will have to adapt and he most likely will but when I watch him his plays looks like a young guys type of play.

Your analysis of Rogers looks right though. Can't rally the troops like PM or TB.

Rasputin 05-05-2021 03:02 AM

I hope he gets booed by Packer fans when he is inducted in Canton Oh.

KChiefs1 05-05-2021 07:43 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kgi_R5PbM1o" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefspants 05-05-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 15662504)
In the same token Rogers was sitting on the bench behind Farve at the same age of Mahomes. Patrick will not be slinging it while being tackled at Rogers age. Part of Mahomes game is getting out of the pocket and being elusive. That will not bode well for him over the years. He was lucky that his knee injury that kept him out wasn't worse. He will have to adapt and he most likely will but when I watch him his plays looks like a young guys type of play.

Your analysis of Rogers looks right though. Can't rally the troops like PM or TB.

Do you not think Rodgers was mobile when he was younger?

staylor26 05-05-2021 08:03 AM

Quote:

:facepalm:

IowaHawkeyeChief 05-05-2021 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15662489)
Are Fangio/Shurmur /Rodgers good enough to beat Reid/Mahomes with everything on the line...Rodgers hasnt proven he can carry his team in these situations. He completely flamed in the 2nd half against the Bucs...and had a lot of opportunity. He could have run for a TD and chose not to...it was a head scratching play given what was at stake. PM would have ran that...100%

Donks will be without 1st round picks for the duration of this experiment and likely losing key defensive players in the trade...They are also taking on Rodgers salary...which wont be prorated over many years due to his age.

Hell, we almost beat Rodgers with a school teacher playing QB and a beat up roster...

crispystl 05-05-2021 08:12 AM

[QUOTE=BlackOp;15662489]. PM would have ran that...100%

Yeah Mahomes would've DEFINITELY taken that to house.

GoForIt 05-05-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Mahomes talked this off-season about being more efficient after watching Brady in the SB. So to your point, I think he looks to become more of a pocket passer which will be better for his longevity. All running QBs eventually move to this model because they have to. If not, you end up like Vick and Newton. Mahomes is smarter than that and also capable of playing from the pocket well unlike Vick and Newton.

ThaVirus 05-05-2021 08:35 AM

Has anyone checked in with Staylor that it's OK to discuss this football topic on a football message board?

staylor26 05-05-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15662648)
Has anyone checked in with Staylor that it's OK to discuss this football topic on a football message board?

What the **** are you talking about?

-King- 05-05-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Rodgers had more yards rushing and rushing attempt his first 3 years starting than Mahomes.

jjchieffan 05-05-2021 09:19 AM

Donk fans seem to be certain that Rodgers will be going to Dungver. I heard a caller on Sirius NFL this morning asking who was available to come in at right tackle to protect Rodgers. SMH. And then, the host said nothing to dispute it.

displacedinMN 05-05-2021 09:28 AM

He quits. Does Jeopardy full time..

TEX 05-05-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 15662699)
Donk fans seem to be certain that Rodgers will be going to Dungver. I heard a caller on Sirius NFL this morning asking who was available to come in at right tackle to protect Rodgers. SMH. And then, the host said nothing to dispute it.

That's only because they WANT to believe it and have convinced themselves of it. There's not any shred of credible evidence that they're even the favorites to land him IF Green Bay even decides to trade him. Which, by the way, they have insisted that they will NOT do. Donk fan gonna be beside himself when it doesn't happen and we'll get a good laugh out of it.

AND IF by chance it does happen, it will be even more fun beating them!

Bob Dole 05-05-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15662683)
Rodgers had more yards rushing and rushing attempt his first 3 years starting than Mahomes.

You’re harshing whatever kind of bizarro buzz he has going on.