ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-16-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11663731)
I do miss the cute nurse touching my penis when she pulled out the cath. :)

LMAO

srvy 08-16-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11663731)
I do miss the cute nurse touching my penis when she pulled out the cath. :)

I remember worrying about that course I was 14 or 15. Nurse came like a thief in the night while I was sleeping hahahaha.

BigMeatballDave 08-16-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11663890)
I remember worrying about that course I was 14 or 15. Nurse came like a thief in the night while I was sleeping hahahaha.

:LOL:

It's not a good feeling.

Lonewolf Ed 08-16-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11663899)
:LOL:

It's not a good feeling.

Mine sure wasn't, and then the clamp bit my stuff later, but it is healed now. I posted how the nurse forgot to take that clamp off my thigh.

Lonewolf Ed 08-17-2015 12:50 PM

I was a bit concerned about how I was going to get out of bed today since mine just stays flat and I can't raise my torso up like in the hospital. To my surprise, I was able to get up with little effort and no pain. I just rolled onto my side, scooted my legs off the edge of the bed and put my feet on the floor, pushed up with my left palm and right elbow to an upright sitting position and I felt some tightness, but no searing pain like in the hospital. I pushed up with both palms while leaning my torso forward and pushed up with my legs, and then there I was, standing upright out of bed.

I am also walking at pretty much normal speed today. A shave and a shower went well, too. I may hit the sheets again for a nap, though. By the way, I saw the entire incision today. It runs from just beneath my navel to the top of my pubic bone, so it's a fairly long one. Staples seem to be holding, though.

BigMeatballDave 08-17-2015 01:07 PM

Well, done. Glad you're getting around. What meds do they have you on?

srvy 08-17-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11665749)
I was a bit concerned about how I was going to get out of bed today since mine just stays flat and I can't raise my torso up like in the hospital. To my surprise, I was able to get up with little effort and no pain. I just rolled onto my side, scooted my legs off the edge of the bed and put my feet on the floor, pushed up with my left palm and right elbow to an upright sitting position and I felt some tightness, but no searing pain like in the hospital. I pushed up with both palms while leaning my torso forward and pushed up with my legs, and then there I was, standing upright out of bed.

I am also walking at pretty much normal speed today. A shave and a shower went well, too. I may hit the sheets again for a nap, though. By the way, I saw the entire incision today. It runs from just beneath my navel to the top of my pubic bone, so it's a fairly long one. Staples seem to be holding, though.

Great news Ed. Sounds like you have a high threshold to pain. Thats a good thing many times.

Lonewolf Ed 08-17-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11665785)
Well, done. Glad you're getting around. What meds do they have you on?

They gave me a prescription for oxycodone, but I didn't get any. I have no been on any pain meds for the third day now. I don't know how high my pain threshold is, but I am not really in pain so much now. It's tight around my abdomen, but on the 1 to 10 scale, I'd have to say it's a 1 to 1.5 at the worst.

BigMeatballDave 08-17-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11665881)
They gave me a prescription for oxycodone, but I didn't get any. I have no been on any pain meds for the third day now. I don't know how high my pain threshold is, but I am not really in pain so much now. It's tight around my abdomen, but on the 1 to 10 scale, I'd have to say it's a 1 to 1.5 at the worst.

I was given a script for Oxycodone also. Didn't get it. I'm just taking Ibuprofen. Also, Keppra, an anti-siezure and Decadron, which is a steroid.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2015 05:16 PM

Ed is a tough mother.

Lonewolf Ed 08-17-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11666295)
Ed is a tough mother.

Well, a 6 year old could whip my ass with ease right now!

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11666375)
Well, a 6 year old could whip my ass with ease right now!

LMAO

Lonewolf Ed 08-24-2015 05:11 PM

Oddly, I had to make my own follow up appointment with the surgeon. It is set for Friday and I don't have to go to the main hospital but the cancer center instead, so I am glad about that. I want the staples out of me now, though. The bottom few are bugging me a lot. I must be healing well since now the staples are the worst of it. I don't really have much pain now and few twinges if any. I do have a strange numb spot where my left leg starts and across my thigh, about 3 or 4 inches around. It has been that way since after surgery, so I wonder if there was a nerve or two cut when they opened me up.

Meatloaf 08-24-2015 05:16 PM

Ed, glad to hear that the pain has subsided. No doubt the worst is over as per your surgery. Now, get those damn staples outa there and go chainsaw something!

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-24-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11682712)
Oddly, I had to make my own follow up appointment with the surgeon. It is set for Friday and I don't have to go to the main hospital but the cancer center instead, so I am glad about that. I want the staples out of me now, though. The bottom few are bugging me a lot. I must be healing well since now the staples are the worst of it. I don't really have much pain now and few twinges if any. I do have a strange numb spot where my left leg starts and across my thigh, about 3 or 4 inches around. It has been that way since after surgery, so I wonder if there was a nerve or two cut when they opened me up.

My sphincter tightened considerably whist reading this.

In any event, I'll continue to pray for your speedy recovery, friend.