ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2019 Nascar thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321371)

JohnnyHammersticks 06-24-2020 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 15036176)
No, Clay Travis is a dumb****.

You two should find a lot of common ground then.

I bet he didn't make half as big a fool of himself in November 2016 as you did, though.

JohnnyHammersticks 06-24-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15035029)
Well there is one group of people who I would definitely trust to recognize what is or isn't noose. Maybe you fit that group demographic. Hint: it isn't black people.

Psst - your IQ is showing.

kstater 06-25-2020 10:32 AM

Picture of "typical" garage pull down. Fbi confirmed it was only garage it was inhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3fb66721ac.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Al Bundy 06-25-2020 10:52 AM

That looks like a noose and not a garage pull down I have ever seen.

jdubya 06-25-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 15036882)
That looks like a noose and not a garage pull down I have ever seen.

People often see what they want to see

Al Bundy 06-25-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15036908)
People often see what they want to see

I know I've never seen a pull down rope like that in any of the over one hundred garages I have been in. I've never been in a Nascar garage though. Maybe they all have them.

smithandrew051 06-25-2020 11:06 AM

This creates more questions than answers....

Can any of our resident Knot Experts determine if that is a noose or just looks similar to one? I’m nowhere near qualified to make that distinction.

jdubya 06-25-2020 11:13 AM

A true noose knot has 13 turns.....that picture is fuzzy but it looks fewer than 13. That can just as well be a fishermans knot.

Didnt the investigation conclude the knot had been in that garage since last year?

Is it illegal to make noose knots regardless? Ive seen people make them just to be funny having nothing to do with racism. A hangmans noose in the old west was used for everybody regardless of color who broke the law and sentenced to the gallows

Demonpenz 06-25-2020 11:17 AM

There was a hanging in the legal system in 96

tyecopeland 06-25-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15036939)
A true noose knot has 13 turns.....that picture is fuzzy but it looks fewer than 13. That can just as well be a fishermans knot.

Didnt the investigation conclude the knot had been in that garage since last year?

Is it illegal to make noose knots regardless? Ive seen people make them just to be funny having nothing to do with racism. A hangmans noose in the old west was used for everybody regardless of color who broke the law and sentenced to the gallows

One of the things I came across yesterday looking at knows was that most loop knots the end came out of the middle of the wrapping whereas a noose came out the top.

And yes theres video showing a noose or loop knot on the garage pull down from october of last year but that's also not to say that it couldn't have been changed from a loop knot to a noose fairly quickly by someone if they happened to notice its similarity.

ghak99 06-25-2020 11:29 AM

This is a Grinner's knot.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/2BXR7YW/ha...nd-2BXR7YW.jpg

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...not-step-3.jpg

The FBI concluded it was not directed at Bubba. What more is there to discuss?

jdubya 06-25-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15036963)
One of the things I came across yesterday looking at knows was that most loop knots the end came out of the middle of the wrapping whereas a noose came out the top.

And yes theres video showing a noose or loop knot on the garage pull down from october of last year but that's also not to say that it couldn't have been changed from a loop knot to a noose fairly quickly by someone if they happened to notice its similarity.

I`m not an expert, maybe we need Dr Fauci to weigh in on this lol. In all seriousness there was an investigation and the conclusion was there was no foul play. We all have faith in the FBI right??? :rolleyes: Anyway, its over and done with and we are now making too big a deal out of it unless there has been a history of harassment directed at Bubba throughout his career but i havent heard anything about that. We are dangerously close to being the "thought police" now.

smithandrew051 06-25-2020 11:44 AM

What is NASCAR gaining by releasing the photo now? Sure seemed like the whole situation was done after Wallace’s apology-ish retraction.

Why release it just now?

This knot looks different than the older pictures that had been circulated. Are the older pictures inaccurate?

If so, how does the FBI know when it was made?

jdubya 06-25-2020 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15037006)
What is NASCAR gaining by releasing the photo now? Sure seemed like the whole situation was done after Wallace’s apology-ish retraction.

Why release it just now?

This knot looks different than the older pictures that had been circulated. Are the older pictures inaccurate?

If so, how does the FBI know when it was made?

Or.......this was a nonstory right out of the gate.....next!!!!!!!!

tyecopeland 06-25-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 15036985)
The FBI concluded it was not directed at Bubba. What more is there to discuss?

Whether or not it was a noose. Because apparently so many people are experts. Nascar is standing by that it was a noose. And different from the others, so releasing the picture helps to make that statement.

Quote:

NASCAR officials asked each track to walk their respective garages following Sunday’s discovery. Across the 1,684 garage stalls at 29 tracks, NASCAR found only 11 total that had a pull-down rope tied in a knot and only one noose — the one discovered Sunday in the No. 43 garage stall.