ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294718)

Sassy Squatch 05-10-2020 10:58 AM

Too damn bad he didn't come a year earlier. No doubt in my mind we'd be repeating Super Bowl champions right now.

staylor26 05-10-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14963037)
A lot of people were down on Spags and they had a pretty good argument. He has utterly failed before but it worked here.

No, they didn’t. They were judging him based on bad situations on bad teams with little talent.

You’re talking like the guy doesn’t have a SB ring holding one of the best offenses in NFL history to 14 points (the same way they were). If you’re only going to acknowledge his failures and try to diminish his biggest accomplishment that’s not a “good argument”.

Hence why they were completely wrong.

RunKC 05-10-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14963014)
I'm still waiting for a Chiefs fan to tell me what game management entails.

Some of them legit believe it's only about calling plays, and they believe calling plays is as easy as it is on Madden.

The thing that I hate, and Andy is not the only one who does this, is when it’s the 2 minute drill and a play is made and literally 40 seconds goes off the clock and we have 2 time outs. So then we only have like 20 seconds left at the 40 yard line.

It’s like these coaches don’t know what a clock is

staylor26 05-10-2020 11:19 AM

Who would’ve known Spags would have more success with Reid/Veach/Mahomes than he did with the post Bountygate Saints and Ben ****ing McAdoo’s Giants?

Who could’ve seen that coming?

Hoover 05-10-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
If Mahomes is Michael Jordan, Andy Reid is Doug Collins.
Thats funny.

Phil Jackson was so successful because he bought into the triangle, an actual team offensive scheme. That's Reid. Collins IMO would be any other coach, who would just let Mahomes be Mahomes feed the ball to his star.

Jordan didn't like the change, but bought into the team concept. Mahomes was lucky not to have to wait to find the right coach/system. The result is championships.

Pitt Gorilla 05-10-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14963042)
No, they didn’t. They were judging him based on bad situations on bad teams with little talent.

You’re talking like the guy doesn’t have a SB ring holding one of the best offenses in NFL history to 14 points (the same way they were). If you’re only going to acknowledge his failures and try to diminish his biggest accomplishment that’s not a “good argument”.

Hence why they were completely wrong.

Precisely this. Spags had a ring as a defensive genius.

CarlosCarson27 05-10-2020 02:04 PM

When did Reid win a SB?
When the league gave him a player they put in a commercial/s , seen 100 times a day.
His coaching is irrelevant.

PurpleRiders51 05-10-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14963014)
I'm still waiting for a Chiefs fan to tell me what game management entails.

Some of them legit believe it's only about calling plays, and they believe calling plays is as easy as it is on Madden.

Wait, it's not? :spock:

PurpleRiders51 05-10-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14963048)
The thing that I hate, and Andy is not the only one who does this, is when it’s the 2 minute drill and a play is made and literally 40 seconds goes off the clock and we have 2 time outs. So then we only have like 20 seconds left at the 40 yard line.

It’s like these coaches don’t know what a clock is

This. Why save the extra time out in the process of burning 20 valuable seconds off the dying clock. Makes little sense to me.

Kman34 05-10-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 14963250)
When did Reid win a SB?
When the league gave him a player they put in a commercial/s , seen 100 times a day.

Bullshit.. Don't be a jackass.. this thread was full of them...

Megatron96 05-10-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 14963374)
Bullshit.. Don't be a jackass.. this thread was full of them...

Don't engage him. This dumbass thinks Mahomes is just a dumb jock that runs to his right and throws the ball somewhere . . .

rabblerouser 05-10-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 14963250)
When did Reid win a SB?

Dude, Mahomes is a generational talent, but Reid has absolutely harnessed that talent and helped Mahomes achieve greatness in a short period of time.

To say "coaching is irrelevant" is obtuse.

rabblerouser 05-10-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14962930)
Was he smug AF when we were down 24-0? ;)

I was not. I was earnest and told everyone "Mahomes is going to score 28 in the second quarter. He's done it before, he's about to do it now."

That's a fact. I called that shit. 100%. Twisted Chief and Clay can both attest to that.

Megatron96 05-10-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14963484)
I was not. I was earnest and told everyone "Mahomes is going to score 28 in the second quarter. He's done it before, he's about to do it now."

That's a fact. I called that shit. 100%. Twisted Chief and Clay can both attest to that.

It was actually a pretty good call. Mahomes has led the team to 28 points in a quarter at least 4 times, IIRC, and at least 20 points in a quarter something like 7 times in his short career.

Though I admit, I didn't think he was going to score 28 in the 2nd quarter until we got that last stop and I saw that we had over 2 minutes left on the clock. Then I turned to Scho and said something like, "we're going to go down the field right now and score another TD. Write it down."

jjchieffan 05-10-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14963488)
It was actually a pretty good call. Mahomes has led the team to 28 points in a quarter at least 4 times, IIRC, and at least 20 points in a quarter something like 7 times in his short career.

Though I admit, I didn't think he was going to score 28 in the 2nd quarter until we got that last stop and I saw that we had over 2 minutes left on the clock. Then I turned to Scho and said something like, "we're going to go down the field right now and score another TD. Write it down."

Help me out here. I only recall the Houston playoff game and the game at Oakland this year where Mahomes has led the team to 28 in a quarter. Maybe I'm forgetting. Was one the Pittsburgh game in 2018? I remember a scoring frenzy in that one

Spott 05-10-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14963574)
Help me out here. I only recall the Houston playoff game and the game at Oakland this year where Mahomes has led the team to 28 in a quarter. Maybe I'm forgetting. Was one the Pittsburgh game in 2018? I remember a scoring frenzy in that one

I think we had 21 in the first and would have gotten 28 if the defensive TD wasn’t called back on a penalty against Pittsburgh. Can’t remember if we got 28 in a quarter against SF in 2018, but they did have 35 at the half.

Megatron96 05-10-2020 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14963574)

So I misremembered a bit.

2 games where the Chiefs led by Mahomes scored 28 points in a quarter.

3 games in which the Chiefs scored 35 points in a half.

7 games where the Chiefs scored at least 21 or more points in a single quarter.

27 halves in which the Mahomes-led Chiefs scored at least 21 points.

jjchieffan 05-10-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14963610)
So I misremembered a bit.

2 games where the Chiefs led by Mahomes scored 28 points in a quarter.

3 games in which the Chiefs scored 35 points in a half.

7 games where the Chiefs scored at least 21 or more points in a single quarter.

27 halves in which the Mahomes-led Chiefs scored at least 21 points.

That's an impressive group of stars. Thanks for putting in the work to find it.

Megatron96 05-10-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14963625)
That's an impressive group of stars. Thanks for putting in the work to find it.

Welcome. There's also a number of games where the Chiefs scored at least 15 points in each half. And a number in which the Chiefs scored at least 20 points in a half. It's very Madden-esque.

ChiefsFanatic 05-10-2020 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14963480)
Dude, Mahomes is a generational talent, but Reid has absolutely harnessed that talent and helped Mahomes achieve greatness in a short period of time.

To say "coaching is irrelevant" is obtuse.

I think Mahomes physical talents would eventually shine through, unless he was a Cleveland Brown.

But, Reid was the absolute perfect fit. Mahomes is the warm humid air coming up from the Gulf, and Reid is the cool, dry air drifting down from the north. Together they have created the perfect tornado of offense.

I remember the angry, hurt, disgusted look on Mahomes' face when he was walking off the field after losing the AFCCG because our defense collapsed under the pressure, and because he never got to touch the ball in overtime.

The rumors at the time were that he angrily addressed the team and said we were never going to lose another game in that fashion again. We probably won't know exactly what he said until we are watching a documentary about Mahomes like the Jordan/Bulls documentary The Last Dance.

But, knowing he was that upset with the team coached by Andy Reid, I can only imagine the hell he would be in if he had been drafted by Bill O'Brien and the Texans. Can you imagine how he would react to his Head Coach/GM telling him that he traded away his number one receiver? Or any other of the idiotic moves the O'Brien has made?

Mahomes is a generational talent, but Andy Reid is the perfect head coach for his talents, and I think Veach is the perfect GM for his talents.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

ChiefsFanatic 05-10-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14963052)
Thats funny.

Phil Jackson was so successful because he bought into the triangle, an actual team offensive scheme. That's Reid. Collins IMO would be any other coach, who would just let Mahomes be Mahomes feed the ball to his star.

Jordan didn't like the change, but bought into the team concept. Mahomes was lucky not to have to wait to find the right coach/system. The result is championships.

I believe that the triangle offense helped make Phil Jackson successful, but it was really his ability to manage the diverse, and sometimes crazy, personalities of his star players.

He was the perfect coach for MJ, Pippen, and then MJ, Pippen, and Rodman together. And then he went to the Lakers and managed the very different personalities of Shaq and Kobe.

From all the articles I've read, and all of the interviews with his players that I have watched, Andy Reid's best coaching attribute may be his ability to handle all the different personalities in the locker, and to form all those personalities into a tight, cohesive team with great chemistry.

The players all say the same thing, which is he let's them be themselves. He doesn't try to take away their individuality, or stifle their unique quirks, etc. He is called a player's coach all the time, but at least during his time with the Chiefs, I have never gotten the sense that he let's the players walk all over him, or get away with whatever they want, which is often the downfall of all the other coaches known as a "player's" coach.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

KChiefs1 05-11-2020 08:29 PM

Excellent film breakdown on the evolution of the Chiefs offense.

Andy’s a genius.

https://youtu.be/XnQ2lRhNhU0

Pitt Gorilla 05-11-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14965958)
Excellent film breakdown on the evolution of the Chiefs offense.

Andy’s a genius.

https://youtu.be/XnQ2lRhNhU0

That was really good. Nice find.

Shoes 09-16-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabblerouser (Post 14783230)
eriously.

This guy is terrible at game management...which is really the #1 job of a head coach, above and beyond all the other things some coaches do and others don't, they ALL have one thing in common : game management.

People make the excuse, "well, that's who he is. He was like that in Philly. Good Andy/Bad Andy."
- Well, I know if any one of us ****'s up constantly, and don't learn and don't change the stupid tendecies, then we don't have a job anymore.
+ Well, I know if any one of us ****'s up constantly, and don't learn and don't change the stupid tendecies, then we don't have a job anymore.

- His failure to adapt his "strategy" to something more than a 9 year old's Madden technique is more than maddening - it's flat out ****ing unacceptable.
+ His failure to adapt his "strategy" to something more than a 9 year old's Madden technique is more than maddening - it's flat out ****ing unacceptable.

If I was Clark Hunt, and I watched that embarrassing shitshow that went out over national TV last night, Reid's ass is in my office 1st thing this morning and I might fire him. Seriously. That was horrific.

I find it unfathomable that a coach of some 20+ years NFL experience (16 or 17 as HC) is so blitheringly ignorant of basic situational football.
1st qtr, 1st and goal from the 2. RUN THE BALL 4 STRAIGHT TIMES IF YOU HAVE TO. The all time leader in NFL rushing average is in the backfield...or is Reid thinking about Burnt ends??

1st and goal with 90 sec at the end of the half - you lead 14-7, their offense just got some momentum, so...END THE HALF with 3 kneel downs and go in the locker room leading by 7. 14, because it's 21-7 if you run with Jamal at goal to go on the 1st series.

Take the guy getting toasted out of the game - Jemel Phlegming SUCKS. maybe Reid started Sanders and Manning in his fantasy team??

After Knile Davis goes UNTOUCHED for an 8 yd TD scamper in the 4th, you keep feeding those fresh legs the ball, and never relinquish the lead.

****, that sequence at the end of the 1st half was ABYSMAL. Reid and his staff should be FIRED for gross incompetence. Before that mini-shitshow, Denver didn't even think they could play football anymore, and 5head looked like he was ready to lay down and die.

This is ALL on the coaching staff. They threw this game.*

Andy Reid should be held accountable.

Instead...he gets a paycheck and a mixed plate.

How is this guy a head coach??

DAMN NEAR ANYONE ON CP COULD HAVE CALLED A BETTER GAME THAN ANDY FAT SHITSHOW REID LAST NIGHT...

He wins most of the games he should, based on talent alone...
- How does he keep jobs?? How is Clark not roasting his ass right ****ing now!!!???
+ How does he keep jobs?? How is Clark not roasting his ass right ****ing now!!!???

What will it take, blowing a 50 point lead in the playoffs???
+
(Don't know if it was intentional or just a byproduct of Reid's now-obvious incompetence...but make no mistake - this game was ours and Reid GAVE IT AWAY. INEXCUSABLE.)

But why should Reid care??

He's gonna be eating KC BBQ for the next 5-6 years.

I mean while we're bumping old Andy Reid threads, be rude not to bump this one.

I believe this is the actual true Andy Reid appreciation thread.

DJ's left nut 09-16-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 15172320)

For the record - I flat out executed a couple of dudes in this thread. Fan4ever was particularly reeruned.

I was doing work kids...

CasselGotPeedOn 09-16-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11739089)
Milkman said it best. Andy is an elite HC Monday-Saturday and below average at best on Sunday's

https://i.ibb.co/HKs3hCJ/3a7.jpg

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 01:34 PM

Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce ****ing Arians and Tom ****ing Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.

htismaqe 02-12-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547399)
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce ****ing Arians and Tom ****ing Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.

Gonna double down on dumb, huh?

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 15172431)

He sure did put his Sunday greatness on display this past Sunday.

"Oooof" is right...

Sassy Squatch 02-12-2021 01:35 PM

I'm sure this is going to go well.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15547401)
Gonna double down on dumb, huh?

Nope. But you DID watch the game last Sunday, right?

htismaqe 02-12-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547406)

Yeah, I sure did.

And they ran a bunch of screen passes that didn't work.

If you watched the game, then you obviously don't know what a screen pass is.

So by all mean, keep going. It just makes you look all the worse.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 15172320)

Shades of that OP game you quoted, Andy basically HANDED Tampa Gay Fuccanqueers a TD right before the half.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2021 01:39 PM

oh **** YOU

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15547411)
Yeah, I sure did.

And they ran a bunch of screen passes that didn't work.

If you watched the game, then you obviously don't know what a screen pass is.

So by all mean, keep going. It just makes you look all the worse.

Then the oline weren't screening correctly. Because that would be some piss poor blocking for screens.

What I remember was Mahomes dropping back and running for his life. Constantly.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15547421)
oh **** YOU

Love you too, boo.

htismaqe 02-12-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547423)
Then the oline weren't screening correctly. Because that would be some piss poor blocking for screens.

Don't you think that might have something to do with the fact that there was ONE ****ING OPENING DAY STARTER playing on the offensive line last Sunday.

Good grief, now you're going to triple down on dumb?

Sassy Squatch 02-12-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547423)

Yes. That's actually exactly what happened. We tried running the screen where we fake twice and Kelce ends up in the middle of the field with the ball and it got ****ing destroyed. Another screen to CEH got destroyed because Watkins somehow chipped the blocker instead of the defender and blew that screen up as well.

htismaqe 02-12-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15547434)
Yes. That's actually exactly what happened. We tried running the screen where we fake twice and Kelce ends up in the middle of the field with the ball and it got ****ing destroyed. Another screen to CEH got destroyed because Watkins somehow chipped the blocker instead of the defender and blew that screen up as well.

Yep.

Kman34 02-12-2021 01:46 PM

:facepalm:

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15547427)
Don't you think that might have something to do with the fact that there was ONE ****ING OPENING DAY STARTER playing on the offensive line last Sunday.

Good grief, now you're going to triple down on dumb?

No, I know we had a ****ed off Oline.

I'm still in ****ing shock. Bruce ****ing Arians!?

Tom ****ing Brady!?

Isn't Spags supposed to be the Brady Killer!?

****, at least we made it to OT against Brady in 2018, and that was with Hobo Spirit, Steven No Look Nelson, and Dee "55 Offsides" Ford and Grandpa Bob calling the plays.

We got throughly outclassed, outcoached, and just plain beat in all 3 phases - offense, defense, and special teams.

Total team failure.

The refs also were quite an obstacle.

Pitt Gorilla 02-12-2021 01:47 PM

I literally have no idea what it takes to get banned around here. None.

htismaqe 02-12-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547443)
The refs also were quite an obstacle.

The only part of your post that matters.

The defense came out and forced two punts right away.

Then the penalties started and the game simply slipped away.

The defense got the rug pulled out from under them by piss poor officiating.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15547444)
I literally have no idea what it takes to get banned around here. None.

Shoot Bob Dole a PM and ask real nicely. He has the master list.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15547450)
The only part of your post that matters.

The defense came out and forced two punts right away.

Then the penalties started and the game simply slipped away.

The defense got the rug pulled out from under them by piss poor officiating.

That's entirely accurate. Our dline were getting held all game, and no flags...but they flagged Tampa Gay down the field right before the half. Just kept throwing flags until they got into the end zone.

But the NFL doesn't manipulate games...right!? It would be impossible...right!?

I'm not nearly as dumb as Shitt Gorilla wishes I was...

htismaqe 02-12-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547460)
That's entirely accurate. Our dline were getting held all game, and no flags...but they flagged Tampa Gay down the field right before the half. Just kept throwing flags until they got into the end zone.

But the NFL doesn't manipulate games...right!? It would be impossible...right!?

I'm not nearly as dumb as Shitt Gorilla wishes I was...

So if the NFL is manipulating games then how is it Andy's fault they lost?

It really can't be both.

RunKC 02-12-2021 01:54 PM

Bad Andy showed up finally and it killed us. Why in the **** did we even draft CEH if Andy refuses to use him?

The guy was very good the entire game. He had 4 carries for 17 yards in the first half. Why would you not give that man the ball? I mean holy hell Patrick is running for his life every play and the Bucs were in cover 2!

Cover freaking 2! They were literally begging us to run the ball with 6 defenders in the box.

I think it’s completely fair to wonder what the **** he was thinking and why he is so stubborn.

The Franchise 02-12-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15547476)
Bad Andy showed up finally and it killed us. Why in the **** did we even draft CEH if Andy refuses to use him?

The guy was very good the entire game. He had 4 carries for 17 yards in the first half. Why would you not give that man the ball? I mean holy hell Patrick is running for his life every play and the Bucs were in cover 2!

Cover freaking 2! They were literally begging us to run the ball with 6 defenders in the box.

I think it’s completely fair to wonder what the **** he was thinking and why he is so stubborn.

Might have been something to do with what happened before the game. Jesus Christ.

staylor26 02-12-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15547478)
Might have been something to do with what happened before the game. Jesus a Christ.

And the fact that the Chiefs found themselves in a hole early.

Which is why I’ve said multiple times that the officiating was also a factor in only scoring 9 pts. If the game was closer, we would’ve ran it much more.

Sassy Squatch 02-12-2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

His head and heart were with his degenerate son. Had the thousand yard stare all game. Is what it is.

TwistedChief 02-12-2021 01:57 PM

Oh no.... bad rabble is back.

I had it on good authority that he appreciated Andy Reid only to find out that the only benchmark is a Super Bowl victory each and every year.

Wallcrawler 02-12-2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547406)

Let me tell you what I saw.

Tyreek Hill dropped a td that went through his hands and hit him in the helmet.

Mecole Hardman blew a hot read TD by not looking for the football.

Darrell Williams dropped the most insanely impossible dead on the money throw for a TD.

Demarcus Robinson dropped a touchdown that hit him in the hands.

Travis Kelce blew multiple 3rd down conversions.

The Kansas City Chiefs receivers had the opportunity to prove Mahomes is the most legendary quarterback to ever play the game. Pressured more than any qb in a superbowl, on a toe needing surgery, Mahomes made enough plays in this offensive gameplay to win this game.

If the Chiefs receivers simply catch tbe football, hell even LOOK for the football, we win this game by 10-13 points.

I hold Andy fully responsible for the defensive timeouts that led to spot fouls and a score. But thats always been Andy. Its not new, it was never fixed, tbe offense just bailed him out by executing.

The pass catchers, and i use that term VERY ****ING LOOSELY HERE, are the reason the Chiefs lost this game.

Kelce doesnt drop 3rd down in his hands, our ass punter doesnt have a chance to shank it for 27 yards.

Andy stuck to his guns, stuck to what got him there,putting the ball in the hands of Mahomes.

Pat made the throws under IMPOSSIBLE conditions. They simply were not caught.

If we ran the ball 40 times and lost,youd be screaming HOW COULD YOU NOT GIVE MAHOMES THE BALL?

HES THE BEST PLAYER ALIVE AND YOU CALL 40 RUSHES?!?? ZOMG ZOMG FIREANDYREID.COM!!!!!!!11111ONE

tredadda 02-12-2021 01:58 PM

The HC that came an offsides away from being in three straight SBs is a poor coach now? Arians did not outcoach Reid. The backup offensive line and questionable refereeing had more to do with our loss than Arians "outcoaching" Reid. You can't make this level of stupid up.

htismaqe 02-12-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15547484)

Darrell Williams dropped the most insanely impossible dead on the money throw for a TD.

The Kansas City Chiefs receivers had the opportunity to prove Mahomes is the most legendary quarterback to ever play the game. Pressured more than any qb in a superbowl, on a toe needing surgery, Mahomes made enough plays in this offensive gameplay to win this game.

If the Chiefs receivers simply catch tbe football, hell even LOOK for the football, we win this game by 10-13 points.

I hold Andy fully responsible for the defensive timeouts that led to spot fouls and a score. But thats always been Andy. Its not new, it was never fixed, tbe offense just bailed him out by executing.

The pass catchers, and i use that term VERY ****ING LOOSELY HERE, are the reason the Chiefs lost this game.

Kelce doesnt drop 3rd down in his hands, our ass punter doesnt have a chance to shank it for 27 yards.

Andy stuck to his guns, stuck to what got him there,putting the ball in the hands of Mahomes.

If we ran the ball 40 times and lost,youd be screaming HOW COULD YOU NOT GIVE MAHOMES THE BALL?

HES THE BEST PLAYER ALIVE AND YOU CALL 40 RUSHES?!?? ZOMG ZOMG FIREANDYREID.COM!!!!!!!11111ONE

:thumb:

RunKC 02-12-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15547481)
His head and heart were with his degenerate son. Had the thousand yard stare all game. Is what it is.

It’s possible. But this was a problem Andy has had for his entire career until last year when he gave Damien Williams 17 carries and it changed the game.

I do think he was conflicted bc of his son, but he’s way smarter than that. I honestly think it was stubbornness.

The team was all in on “Patrick will bail us out”.

Whatever. It’s over and it’s time to move forward. Let’s start adding support for Patrick and put this shit behind us.

Sassy Squatch 02-12-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Yeah, what he said

Wallcrawler 02-12-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15547499)
It’s possible. But this was a problem Andy has had for his entire career until last year when he gave Damien Williams 17 carries and it changed the game.

I do think he was conflicted bc of his son, but he’s way smarter than that. I honestly think it was stubbornness.

The team was all in on “Patrick will bail us out”.

Whatever. It’s over and it’s time to move forward. Let’s start adding support for Patrick and put this shit behind us.

I have zero problem with trying to get out of a jam by putting the ball in Mahomes hands.

If we are gonna go down, give that kid every possible chance to pull it out. Id much rather see that, than Clyde, or Darrel charging into Reiters ass and falling down after a yard.

ChiTown 02-12-2021 02:09 PM

This loss was about 4 things, IMO:

1. Injuries along the OL - the Right side of the OL was an abortion.
2. Poor execution and lack of playmaking from our key playmakers, not named Mahomes
3. Critical penalties at far too many critical times
4. Britt Reid Accident

Now, I hated, hated, HATED the fact that we were calling timeouts before half that ultimately led to Tampa's TD. They were more than willing to run that clock out and we helped them stay in the series. Huge mistake, IMO. That said, we are an aggressive team. THAT is our nature. Sometimes you win with it, and sometimes it bites you in the ass. That bit our ass. Other than that, the Staff did what they could, with what they had. Hard to blame Andy for much more than that.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15547483)
Oh no.... bad rabble is back.

I had it on good authority that he appreciated Andy Reid only to find out that the only benchmark is a Super Bowl victory each and every year.

I'm still in shock. I can't believe we got outcoached by Arians and Bowles. I thought Spags was the Brady Killer?

How did we get beat so badly? I mean, other than the refs throwing the...*ahem* "questionable" penalties?

This Super Bowl hurt. It leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Worse than Billay's cum.

Wallcrawler 02-12-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 15547509)

2. Poor execution and lack of playmaking from our key playmakers, not named Mahomes
3. Critical penalties at far too many critical times
4. Britt Reid Accident

Now, I hated, hated, HATED the fact that we were calling timeouts before half that ultimately led to Tampa's TD. They were more than willing to run that clock out and we helped them stay in the series. Huge mistake, IMO. That said, we are an aggressive team. THAT is our nature. Sometimes you win with it, and sometimes it bites you in the ass. That bit our ass. Other than that, the Staff did what they could, with what they had. Hard to blame Andy for much more than that.

For the situation, it made no sense.

#1, your offense did NOTHING all half. Somehow you believe that 15 seconds with no timeouts, NOW you can do something?

#2 We were getting the ball at half. The bucs were SURRENDERING A POSSESSION! I'm sorry, but thats a gift you dont turn away. Go in down 8 instead of 15? It changes everything.

Its situational football and clock management. Neither have been Andys strong suit in the biggest games.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Thank you.

staylor26 02-12-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 15547509)

3. Bullshit penalties at far too many critical times
4. Britt Reid Accident

Fixed.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15547527)
For the situation, it made no sense.

#1, your offense did NOTHING all half. Somehow you believe that 15 seconds with no timeouts, NOW you can do something?

#2 We were getting the ball at half. The bucs were SURRENDERING A POSSESSION! I'm sorry, but thats a gift you dont turn away. Go in down 8 instead of 15? It changes everything.

Its situational football and clock management. Neither have been Andys strong suit in the biggest games.

This.

It's almost as if Andy and the refs were colluding to get Tampa a TD before the half...

stevieray 02-12-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

They made it to the thirty yard line SIX times and came away with nine points. Piss poor.

Hellaire looked like he did in the beginning of the season. I thought for sure they were go use him to set up the pass.

Wallcrawler 02-12-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Because the plays were there to be made, the receivers were simply either not looking for the ball, or dropping it.

You cannot honestly expect Reid to come to a conclusion of since we missed some huge plays, lets just stop trying and run Clyde at Suh, Vea,JPP, and Shaq the rest of the game instead.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15547547)
They made it to the thirty yard line SIX times and came away with nine points. Piss poor.

Hellaire looked like he di in the beginning of the season. I thought for sure they were go use him to set up the pass.

And also those timeouts at the end of the first half.

Watch the mic'ed up. The Bucs were surprised as shit, they go "maybe we can get 3 out of this!" because they were going to run the clock and end the half. Andy Reid literally gave them 7 points.

Wallcrawler 02-12-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547553)

Watch the mic'ed up. The Bucs were surprised as shit, they go "maybe we can get 3 out of this!" because they were going to run the clock and end the half. Andy Reid literally gave them 7 points.

Not gonna lie, foreign objects were nearly hurled through my tv screen on the 3rd n 2 timeout.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15547549)
Because the plays were there to be made, the receivers were simply either not looking for the ball, or dropping it.

You cannot honestly expect Reid to come to a conclusion of since we missed some huge plays, lets just stop trying and run Clyde at Suh, Vea,JPP, and Shaq the rest of the game instead.

I can come to the conclusion that since passes weren't being completed and points weren't being scored, but CEH had 17 yards on 4 carries, maybe giving the ball the CEH more would slow down the pass rush that had Mahomes running for his life on a ****ed off toe, ya think?

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15547557)
Not gonna lie, foreign objects were nearly hurled through my tv screen on the 3rd n 2 timeout.

I couldn't believe it. I was in stunned silence.

Bearcat 02-12-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547553)

Nah, that's just terrible hindsight... there was no DPI on an uncatchable ball and then again no DPI with 13 seconds left.

Of all the times people cry about not playing aggressive enough, now people are blaming the timeouts when they 100% were getting the ball back with a chance to score just before halftime and again out of halftime.

It was a great plan when they desperately needed some life, that was completely botched by the refs' completely unacceptable performance. The previous calls are also no excuse to just kneel on it... because those calls were so rarely awful, while you could tell your defenders to make sure you're not doing anything stupid, there was no reason to think they would call two of the worst non-contact/uncatchable DPIs anyone has ever seen.

htismaqe 02-12-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15547590)
Nah, that's just terrible hindsight... there was no DPI on an uncatchable ball and then again no DPI with 13 seconds left.

Of all the times people cry about not playing aggressive enough, now people are blaming the timeouts when they 100% were getting the ball back with a chance to score just before halftime and again out of halftime.

It was a great plan when they desperately needed some life, that was completely botched by the refs' completely unacceptable performance. The previous calls are also no excuse to just kneel on it... because those calls were so rarely awful, while you could tell your defenders to make sure you're not doing anything stupid, there was no reason to think they would call two of the worst non-contact/uncatchable DPIs anyone has ever seen.

Exactly.

The timeouts were warranted. If they had gotten the ball back and scored, the whole game changes, especially when they get the ball back to start the 3rd.

Andy had no way to know that the refs were going to gift the Bucs a TD.

ChiTown 02-12-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15547590)

I'm certainly not "crying" about it, and I understand that we are an aggressive team - so I get it, but I still hated it. Sorry.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15547596)

Andy had no way to know that the refs were going to gift the Bucs a TD.

https://953wdae.iheart.com/alternate...mpression=true

htismaqe 02-12-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547607)

If you believe that the game is rigged, then nothing Andy does can change the outcome.

Again, either Andy made a mistake or the game is rigged. It can't be both.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15547610)
If you believe that the game is rigged, then nothing Andy does can change the outcome.

Again, either Andy made a mistake or the game is rigged. It can't be both.

Exactly my point. Listen to what Dwight Smith says there...

So you tell me :

Is the game rigged, and Andy is doing what he's supposed to do by helping Tampa Bay get a TD before the half?

Honest question.

htismaqe 02-12-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547614)
Exactly my point. Listen to what Dwight Smith says there...

Then why did you bump this thread to bitch about Andy's game plan and clock management?

You can't have it both ways.

rabblerouser 02-12-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15547616)
Then why did you bump this thread to bitch about Andy's game plan and clock management?

You can't have it both ways.

I bumped this thread because I'm in shock and I want some ****ing answers.

****ed off toe or not, ****ed off Oline or not...we should've DESTROYED Tampa Gay.

We play our "C" game and they play their "A" game and we should've won by 10.

WE BEAT THEM IN ONE QUARTER THIS PAST NOVEMBER.

Seriously.

htismaqe 02-12-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547619)

****ed off toe or not, ****ed off Oline or not...we should've DESTROYED Tampa Gay.

Seriously.

You already have your answer.

It's rigged.

Bearcat 02-12-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15547619)

Seriously.

I've just read several times that it's predetermined.

There's no "should have", they had no say in it.

htismaqe 02-12-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15547625)
I've just read several times that it's predetermined.

There's no "should have", they had no say in it.

Exactly.

This is completely either/or.

If the game is rigged then Andy was doing what he was told. There was NOTHING he could do to alter the outcome of the game and thus there's no way to blame him for anything.

It's either rigged or it's not. It's that simple.