ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294718)

Titty Meat 02-07-2020 10:25 PM

Why is this thread stickied but not the super bowl thread? We're world ****ing champions. Let's enjoy this shit we may never see it again. We are the best in the world little old Kansas City nobody gives a **** about us and we took it. We're all we got lets embrace it and enjoy this **** the negative vibes.

Chiefs4TheWin 02-07-2020 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739073)
FALSE ALARM.

MODS, PLEASE DELETE THREAD

haha nice edit.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02-07-2020 10:45 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid got hands ��<br><br>(via connorcooley2/IG) <a href="https://t.co/kRUUiDjjsI">pic.twitter.com/kRUUiDjjsI</a></p>&mdash; B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) <a href="https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1225962387305402369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rabblerouser 02-07-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14784305)
Nope. Rabble saw the errors of his ways at the Texans game. I was there to witness his Reidian exorcism firsthand. He was a believer after that game. And while it may have take him too long to recognize Andy’s brilliance, he wasn’t one of the morons who clung to the narrative that the guy is a bad coach if he fails to win a SB this year.

I dismiss charges against Rabble.

It really started to change during the Chicago game this year. I think I even posted in the wake of that game that "if the team plays like that and Reid & Co call games like that, we really will win the Super Bowl. That was championship football."

I had faith in this team all through the run. I could tell they turned the corner. Twisted Chief isn't lying about the Texans game. In fact, I was a voice of positivity when we were down 24-0. "It's okay...we're good, we're going to score 28 points in the 2nd quarter...watch this."

ANDY REID IS A HALL OF FAME HEAD FOOTBALL COACH.

ANDY REID IS ONE OF THE BEST HEAD COACHES IN NFL HISTORY.

ANDY REID KNOWS HOW TO PARTY, WITH TWO TURNTABLES AND A DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER.

I LOVE ANDY REID.

rabblerouser 02-07-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin (Post 14784880)
haha nice edit.

Thank you

Pitt Gorilla 02-07-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14784891)
It really started to change during the Chicago game this year. I think I even posted in the wake of that game that "if the team plays like that and Reid & Co call games like that, we really will win the Super Bowl. That was championship football."

I had faith in this team all through the run. I could tell they turned the corner. Twisted Chief isn't lying about the Texans game. In fact, I was a voice of positivity when we were down 24-0. "It's okay...we're good, we're going to score 28 points in the 2nd quarter...watch this."

ANDY REID IS A HALL OF FAME HEAD FOOTBALL COACH.

ANDY REID IS ONE OF THE BEST HEAD COACHES IN NFL HISTORY.

ANDY REID KNOWS HOW TO PARTY, WITH TWO TURNTABLES AND A DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER.

I LOVE ANDY REID.

So, when you used the word "never", were you unsure of what such a qualifier actually means?

What did you mean by "never"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14593984)
Yup. Either he throws games on purpose, or he's a ****ing moron.

Either way, we'll never win a SB with Reid as head coach.

rabblerouser 02-07-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14784905)
So, when you used the word "never", were you unsure of what such a qualifier actually means?

I was wrong, you worthless ****ing asshole.

You ever been wrong before?

I had years of Marty Schottenheimer/Steve Deberg/Steve Bono/Elvis Grbac/No-punt Game/Matt Cassel/Scott Pioli/ALEX SMITH to give me severe PTSD.

You don't ****ing know me. So you and your boyfriend SAUTO can go take a flying **** for all I care. Keep being an asshole all your life. I don't give a **** what you think, Mr Perfect Never Been Wrong.

Sofa King 02-07-2020 11:28 PM

It's getting pitiful up in here.

rabblerouser 02-07-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 14784931)

Yeah I still don't know why they haven't deleted this thread...

Titty Meat 02-07-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14784905)

Yeah and you were the one who cried the loudest when we got rid of Hunt. I said Reid wouldnt get it done when we were done 21-0 against the Texans.

Howd that all workout? Enjoy this we aren't promised anything.

rabblerouser 02-07-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14784934)
Yeah and you were the one who cried the loudest when we got rid of Hunt. I said Reid wouldnt get it done when we were done 21-0 against the Texans.

Howd that all workout? Enjoy this we aren't promised anything.

He's Shitt Gorilla.

Titty Meat 02-07-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14784937)
He's Shitt Gorilla.

We've all been wrong 50 years of heartbreak will do that. Enjoy this shit its special.

rabblerouser 02-07-2020 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14784958)
We've all been wrong 50 years of heartbreak will do that. Enjoy this shit its special.

AMEN

Couch-Potato 02-08-2020 12:13 AM

Rabblerouser, I hope Andy shows up at your house and tattoos those words across your forehead lol. Mods, please do this man a favor and delete this thread.

rabblerouser 02-08-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 14784985)
Rabblerouser, I hope Andy shows up at your house and tattoos those words across your forehead lol. Mods, please do this man a favor and delete this thread.

I would make him a double cheeseburger!

burt 02-08-2020 09:05 AM

Unstickied!!! Free at last, free at last! Oh, wait....I just bumped this..... Sorry....:p

Lilmrp117 02-08-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14784630)
Translation: if we don't win every game 72-0, Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach.

That's not a fair translation at all. This whole debate has had extremists going back and forth and i took a middle ground position. I credited andy as a good coach and for even getting better but he could still get better. Sorry if taking an objective middle ground view doesn't show enough andy love for you. You can suck him off as much as you want, but don't twist my opinion on his performance.

Lilmrp117 02-08-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydogg58 (Post 14784656)
It's almost like you don't understand that real football isn't like a Madden game. You have to try things to see how defenses will react to it, how they will adjust to it, how certain players react. You can't just line up and say **** it and chuck it every play. That's not how it works.

That's not what i said. Did you even read the 2nd paragraph of my post where i said it takes some probing to figure out? I just thought andy cut it a little too close. If we went up against a drew brees, aaron Rodgers, carsen Wentz or even nick foles, then we probably lose that game. If we want more bowls, andy is going to have to adjust sooner. You can't always get away with pissing 3.5 quarters away.

SAUTO 02-08-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14784912)
I was wrong, you worthless ****ing asshole.

You ever been wrong before?

I had years of Marty Schottenheimer/Steve Deberg/Steve Bono/Elvis Grbac/No-punt Game/Matt Cassel/Scott Pioli/ALEX SMITH to give me severe PTSD.

You don't ****ing know me. So you and your boyfriend SAUTO can go take a flying **** for all I care. Keep being an asshole all your life. I don't give a **** what you think, Mr Perfect Never Been Wrong.

I think you need to look in a mirror and see what an asshole REALLY is

warpaint* 02-08-2020 10:53 AM

Pro football in 2020 doesn't get any better than this coach/QB combo.

RealSNR 02-08-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 14784931)

So take off all your clothes

RealSNR 02-08-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilmrp117 (Post 14785234)
That's not what i said. Did you even read the 2nd paragraph of my post where i said it takes some probing to figure out? I just thought andy cut it a little too close. If we went up against a drew brees, aaron Rodgers, carsen Wentz or even nick foles, then we probably lose that game. If we want more bowls, andy is going to have to adjust sooner. You can't always get away with pissing 3.5 quarters away.

Pissing 3.5 quarters away? Our LT was getting his shit ruined at least once every 3 or 4 plays, and when he was holding together, there was probably some other leak along our offensive line that forced Mahomes to move off his spots sooner than he'd like to. We laugh about them now, but the defensive line of the 49ers was this team's toughest challenge to overcome on the field all season. And KC was up 10-3 in the 1st quarter and tied at 10-10 at halftime. That's "pissing away 3.5 quarters"?

Andy's not perfect, but he possesses a greater understanding of his possible shortcomings than any average fan will ever ****ing be able to comprehend. You have zero clue what steps he took throughout the game to adjust and keep the pressure on the defense or what challenges he faced in that game. Moreover, you have zero clue what other offensive coordinators/game planners/coaches would be doing or adjusting to in that kind of situation. We DID see how one of McVay's stray pubes handled that challenge two weeks prior with a pretty damn good QB and an effective run game-- it wasn't pretty. You want to talk about LEGIT pissing away 3.5 quarters-- there's a coach who just flat out got BEAT and never could crack the code the entire game, at least until SF just went to a garbage time defense.

Andy just gave your fat fan ass a ****ing Super Bowl and you're saying there are still things about him that you don't trust? Please point out all the head coaches of the past 5 years who "get" the things that you don't trust about Reid. Can't find any? Then shut the **** up.

Chiefspants 02-08-2020 02:10 PM

SNR that was one of the best takedowns I‘ve seen on here since the Alex-only days.

seclark 02-08-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14785706)
SNR that was one of the best takedowns I‘ve seen on here since the Alex-only days.

Kicked em in the fork too
sec

RealSNR 02-08-2020 02:24 PM

Not taking anything away from the glorious cure to our misery as Chiefs fans that was given to us less than a week ago. But I miss the piss and vinegar of this forum. It's been too many days since a labia was bruised on this place.

The challenge for us in this post-SB era as Chiefs fans is to strike a balance between our happiness and our ability to entertain each other with trolling and shit stirring.

Can it be done? I accept the challenge! Who's with me?

seclark 02-08-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14785729)
Not taking anything away from the glorious cure to our misery as Chiefs fans that was given to us less than a week ago. But I miss the piss and vinegar of this forum. It's been too many days since a labia was bruised on this place.

The challenge for us in this post-SB era as Chiefs fans is to strike a balance between our happiness and our ability to entertain each other with trolling and shit stirring.

Can it be done? I accept the challenge! Who's with me?

Go **** yourself
sec

Baby Lee 02-08-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 14785353)

I think two things are key to the difference between this year and the past.

The coach/QB combo and teaming back up with a competent DC.

I've never had qualms with Reid's ability to devise plays or assess talent.

Two big areas of qualms.

First is his player-friendly non-asschewing style, and second his turtling with a lead.

Remember when 2015 started 1-5, then they went on an 11 game win streak? That was when non-asschewing was working at peak efficiency. There could have been benchings and firings and all sorts of calamity in that first month.

But when things go south because personnel aren't responding to a player-friendly style, and the HC doesn't have answers for defense without a DC to provide them, you find grave trouble.

Reid is a reserved guy, and it takes the right personnel to respond to that reserve. It takes personnel who knows that even if coach isn't chewing your ass, he's still disappointed when you slack off, . . . and he expects to be called Sir even if he would never ask.

Mahomes is the Yin to his Yang. He's not only personally accountable, but he sets expectations by on-field example. And every word from Reid is met with 'yes Sir,' then followed on the field by precise execution of Reid's plan.

There's a world of difference between the team ****ing up and Reid observing stoically, going over in his mind how they're going to 'tighten it up back in practice,' and the team ****ing up when a KID is out there creating magic, then coming back to the sidelines and telling you 'I make magic, but I also believe in YOU.'

Some people take subliminal cues. But if it's JUST Reid, subliminal cues regarding underperformance is all you get, and the oblivious fall through the cracks THINKING they're going their best with no one giving them hard medicine.

Add Mahomes, and you get the OVERT cues that you can and need to do better.

Hammock Parties 02-08-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 14785353)

Pity Reid isn't 6-7 years younger.

He'd retire with Patrick and the Chiefs would have the most Super Bowls in league history.

rabblerouser 02-08-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14785337)
I think you need to look in a mirror and see what an asshole REALLY is

You mad because I was mean to your girlfriend?

rabblerouser 02-08-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14785919)
Pity Reid isn't 6-7 years younger.

He'd retire with Patrick and the Chiefs would have the most Super Bowls in league history.

Andy has found the fountain of youth with Patrick.

No reason he can't coach another decade at least...

Lilmrp117 02-08-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14785702)
Pissing 3.5 quarters away? Our LT was getting his shit ruined at least once every 3 or 4 plays, and when he was holding together, there was probably some other leak along our offensive line that forced Mahomes to move off his spots sooner than he'd like to. We laugh about them now, but the defensive line of the 49ers was this team's toughest challenge to overcome on the field all season. And KC was up 10-3 in the 1st quarter and tied at 10-10 at halftime. That's "pissing away 3.5 quarters"?

Andy's not perfect, but he possesses a greater understanding of his possible shortcomings than any average fan will ever ****ing be able to comprehend. You have zero clue what steps he took throughout the game to adjust and keep the pressure on the defense or what challenges he faced in that game. Moreover, you have zero clue what other offensive coordinators/game planners/coaches would be doing or adjusting to in that kind of situation. We DID see how one of McVay's stray pubes handled that challenge two weeks prior with a pretty damn good QB and an effective run game-- it wasn't pretty. You want to talk about LEGIT pissing away 3.5 quarters-- there's a coach who just flat out got BEAT and never could crack the code the entire game, at least until SF just went to a garbage time defense.

Andy just gave your fat fan ass a ****ing Super Bowl and you're saying there are still things about him that you don't trust? Please point out all the head coaches of the past 5 years who "get" the things that you don't trust about Reid. Can't find any? Then shut the **** up.

Yes. I am saying there are still things i don't trust him with. That super bowl win was too close for comfort. Granted there aren't many coaches i would trust more, maybe belichick, Pederson, Reich.

I understand our Oline was getting abused by the niners dline, but you can't just concede our greatest strength and go to dink and dunk. You have to trust mahomes to navigate the pressure and make plays despite it. It's like a boxer who has a reach disadvantage - you don't stay back and try to out-jab him. You have to get inside. It puts you at risk of taking a big punch but it's your only hope of getting the advantage. I'm glad andy figured it out and we won and maybe you're satisfied with one super bowl, but i have higher hopes than that. We are not going to get the luxury of facing jimmy g every super bowl. The whole team, not just andy, is going to have to step up even more.

dlphg9 02-08-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilmrp117 (Post 14786290)
Yes. I am saying there are still things i don't trust him with. That super bowl win was too close for comfort. Granted there aren't many coaches i would trust more, maybe belichick, Pederson, Reich.

I understand our Oline was getting abused by the niners dline, but you can't just concede our greatest strength and go to dink and dunk. You have to trust mahomes to navigate the pressure and make plays despite it. It's like a boxer who has a reach disadvantage - you don't stay back and try to out-jab him. You have to get inside. It puts you at risk of taking a big punch but it's your only hope of getting the advantage. I'm glad andy figured it out and we won and maybe you're satisfied with one super bowl, but i have higher hopes than that. We are not going to get the luxury of facing jimmy g every super bowl. The whole team, not just andy, is going to have to step up even more.

You're such an idiot. Do you not remember the beginning of the season? We were trying to go deep and Mahomes didn't have enough time. Did you see what happened? He got hurt. A QB can only take so many hits.

RealSNR 02-08-2020 11:14 PM

Can't remember if it was this thread or the Andy Reid Appreciation Thread (which ironically turned into nothing more than another bitching zone for his detractors). I asked some n00b to identify the coaches that they believe have "good clock management" and one of the names they identified was Kyle Shanahan.

Hoooooo boy.

Pitt Gorilla 02-08-2020 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14786401)
Can't remember if it was this thread or the Andy Reid Appreciation Thread (which ironically turned into nothing more than another bitching zone for his detractors). I asked some n00b to identify the coaches that they believe have "good clock management" and one of the names they identified was Kyle Shanahan.

Hoooooo boy.

Who was the guy that preferred random college coach?

Megatron96 02-09-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

I figured it out; limpwristed Is the CP Erica Man-gina. Except Erica just spouts nonsense in spite of the fact he knows something about football. Lumpy actually doesn’t know anything about football. But the arguments are exactly the same.

Joe 02-09-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Just note, that two of the three coaches have direct ties to AR and Belichick went to AR's sons funeral.

Chiefshrink 02-09-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14785799)
I think two things are key to the difference between this year and the past.

The coach/QB combo and teaming back up with a competent DC.

I've never had qualms with Reid's ability to devise plays or assess talent.

Two big areas of qualms.

First is his player-friendly non-asschewing style, and second his turtling with a lead.

Remember when 2015 started 1-5, then they went on an 11 game win streak? That was when non-asschewing was working at peak efficiency. There could have been benchings and firings and all sorts of calamity in that first month.

But when things go south because personnel aren't responding to a player-friendly style, and the HC doesn't have answers for defense without a DC to provide them, you find grave trouble.

Reid is a reserved guy, and it takes the right personnel to respond to that reserve. It takes personnel who knows that even if coach isn't chewing your ass, he's still disappointed when you slack off, . . . and he expects to be called Sir even if he would never ask.

Mahomes is the Yin to his Yang. He's not only personally accountable, but he sets expectations by on-field example. And every word from Reid is met with 'yes Sir,' then followed on the field by precise execution of Reid's plan.

There's a world of difference between the team ****ing up and Reid observing stoically, going over in his mind how they're going to 'tighten it up back in practice,' and the team ****ing up when a KID is out there creating magic, then coming back to the sidelines and telling you 'I make magic, but I also believe in YOU.'

Some people take subliminal cues. But if it's JUST Reid, subliminal cues regarding underperformance is all you get, and the oblivious fall through the cracks THINKING they're going their best with no one giving them hard medicine.

Add Mahomes, and you get the OVERT cues that you can and need to do better.

Mahomes indirectly is AR's "hit man" when needed because Pat sets the example on the field which no one on the team can deny therefore step up your play or "sit on the bench".:thumb:

crayzkirk 02-09-2020 05:24 PM

Serve me up some crow. i was not a fan of Andy/Alex.

I'm ready to be destroyed because I think that without Patrick Mahomes II, Andy would still be without a Super Bowl win.

Just as the Patriots were winners because of the QB, the Chiefs are the same. Andy didn't make Patrick a winner, Patrick made Andy a winner.

I hate to say it however, Brady made Belichick a winner like Mahomes made Reid a winner.

Chiefshrink 02-09-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

He wasn't conceding anything. Reid recognized early on Pat wasn't going to get any time to drop back and go deep until Reid could manipulate( call those plays to pull SF out of what they were doing all game). Sometimes it takes a long time for that to happen) Notice that we were able to run fairly successfully(when needed) against a the top run defense in the league when we supposedly had a non-existent run game in general. Damien Williams ran for 2 TDs and there is a reason why he was able to do that. Reid knew he had to be patient before going deep otherwise it could have been a real disaster.

Chiefshrink 02-09-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 14787245)
Andy didn't make Patrick a winner, Patrick made Andy a winner. like Mahomes made Reid a winner.

Yes and Yes. If anything Andy taught Mahomes how to be a "student of the game" and even more importantly "patience" in not forcing throws and letting the game come to him(knowing when to "pump the brakes" to allow your game plan to work).

Very few NFL organizations have that QB guru coach that can teach what a successful Championship NFL QB looks like. Look at what Reid did for Vick, Foles and Smith. We are very fortunate to have Reid guiding Mahomes.

RealSNR 02-09-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14786403)
Who was the guy that preferred random college coach?

That'd be our dear friend Sweets, it appears

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=488

Chiefspants 02-10-2020 10:18 AM

My sharpest critiques were always at that Andy/Alex combination. I felt Andy could win with a QB who took risks and Alex had a better chance with a team such as San Fran’s current squad (funnily enough, SF fans want Jimmy to be more like Alex, i.e., less turnovers and taking what the D gives him). Together I thought they reached their apex in 2015 & 2016.

I’m happy Reid agreed. The Mahomes/Reid era has been beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of.

TwistedChief 02-10-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14787527)

ROFL Apropos of everything.

Pitt Gorilla 02-10-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14787527)

That quote is from THIS YEAR.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2020 02:16 PM

Baby Lee used alot of words to say the real reason for his first title.. Patrick Mahomes his first real franchise guy

WilliamTheIrish 02-10-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12559750)
Clock mgmt, asinine red zone play calling that even a HS coach wouldn't dare to do, 7 min playoff drives while down 14 leaving your team absolutely not chance, horizontal passing inside the 5 yard line, no 2 min offense....

Those are indicative of a coach AT TIMES that is not trying to win football games on any level. So yes I believe he throws his towel in at times, otherwise you wouldn't continue to Reidtard...

Some of these are just too good not to repost. (Reid tries to lose games on purpose.)

jjchieffan 02-17-2020 10:04 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the Superbowl win put Reid above .500 again in the postseason. He was 10-9 in Philadelphia, the went 1-4 with Alex Smith. He has gone 4-1 with Mahomes, which makes him 5-5 in KC and 15-14 overall. Next year, he goes above .500 in KC postseason games.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2020 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14788091)
I’m happy Reid agreed. The Mahomes/Reid era has been beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of.

My next video ends with "The Beginning."

Pablo 02-18-2020 09:40 AM

This thread is never gonna die, is it?

LMAO

RealSNR 02-18-2020 09:43 AM

Andy Reid has won a Super Bowl. In fact, it was recently that he won a Super Bowl. It occurred just a little more than two weeks ago. He won it while coaching the Kansas City Chiefs.

Marcellus 02-18-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14786342)
You're such an idiot. Do you not remember the beginning of the season? We were trying to go deep and Mahomes didn't have enough time. Did you see what happened? He got hurt. A QB can only take so many hits.

Not to be too picky her but neither of Mahomes injuries this year had anything to do with him trying to throw deep.

Both injuries were in the red zone and obviously one was a QB sneak.

O.city 02-18-2020 09:52 AM

I give it about 4 games until the same people come after Reid again.

RealSNR 02-18-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14801229)
I give it about 4 games until the same people come after Super Bowl-winning head coach Reid again.

FYP

Pitt Gorilla 04-15-2020 12:40 PM

Remember when donk fan talked about how Reid could/would NEVER win the big one? Not hearing a lot of that right now.

Kman34 04-15-2020 03:44 PM

Rabblerouser is a good dude... This thread was a product of frustration...

CasselGotPeedOn 04-15-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 14788907)
Some of these are just too good not to repost. (Reid tries to lose games on purpose.)

You could write a novel with all of Reerun's terrible takes.

Titty Meat 04-15-2020 03:52 PM

Lock this thread. We won a superbowl you miserable ****s.

notorious 04-15-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 14909257)
Rabblerouser is a good dude... This thread was a product of frustration...

No doubt.

A lot of what is in this thread is true, the Chiefs found the right guys to cancel out Reid’s weaknesses.

Ubeja Vontell 04-15-2020 04:05 PM

Hmmmmm?

Brown/Otto
Lombardi/Starr
Noll/Bradshaw
Shula/Griese
Walsh/Montana
Laundry/Staubach
Johnson/Aikman
Belichick/Brady
Reid/Mahomes

Pitt Gorilla 05-09-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14558955)
You're the ****ing moron who thinks Andy Red will somehow not suck and take us to the promised land.

It's not going to happen, Clay. His teams are soft and undisciplined.

But they'll "work on that" and "learn from this."

Top 5 in all-time wins, went to one Super Bowl...and lost because his team got ran on and they had a 7 minute drive in the 4th, down by 2 scores.

Typical.

He did take us to the Promised Land.

smithandrew051 05-09-2020 06:18 PM

It’s crazy how much better a great coach looks once he gets an all time great QB

Chief Roundup 05-09-2020 06:25 PM

Is this thread Hall of Classics quality?

Baby Lee 05-09-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 14962414)
Is this thread Hall of Classics quality?

Pitt up in here trying to make it DC quality.

TwistedChief 05-09-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14962396)
He did take us to the Promised Land.

I went to the Texans playoff game with rabble and Clay (and 007 and stevie). First thing Clay did was tell the people sitting behind him that rabble thought Andy Reid was a TERRIBLE head football coach. Good stuff witnessing proper CP comeuppance in the real world. There was no deleting/editing that thread.

Hammock Parties 05-09-2020 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14962544)
I went to the Texans playoff game with rabble and Clay (and 007 and stevie). First thing Clay did was tell the people sitting behind him that rabble thought Andy Reid was a TERRIBLE head football coach. Good stuff witnessing proper CP comeuppance in the real world. There was no deleting/editing that thread.

What we do in the dark, comes to the light.

"Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach."

We never forgive. We never forget.

dlphg9 05-09-2020 08:12 PM

Lol I love this ****ing reeruned ass thread.

ChiefsLV 05-10-2020 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14590776)
Andy is not taking this squad, or this franchise, to a SB. He doesn't have the needed gene to get beyond his weaknesses. And while his players enjoy him as a coach, it's because he's easy on them, not because he's earned their respect. And the D probably straight-up loathes him...

mmkay

ThyKingdomCome15 05-10-2020 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 11764108)
This defense requires Revis and Cromartie to work. It puts a tremendous amount of pressure on CB and a QB can pretty much pick which one he wants to attack.

If Sean Smith, Marcus Peters and Nelson were all playing at a high level I can see it working. or if we had 3 marcus peters

The difference Spags made cannot be understated.

rabblerouser 05-10-2020 07:04 AM

Quote:

And what did I tell you when we were down 24-0, early second quarter?

Skyy God 05-10-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Was he smug AF when we were down 24-0? ;)

Megatron96 05-10-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14559330)
I like the way Kyle Shanahan calls games better......

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14559661)
If Mahomes is Michael Jordan, Andy Reid is Doug Collins.

Chiefs will need a Phil Jackson to get over the top.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14560594)
I have a much better idea:

Let's count on Andy to continue being Andy in all of his "Andyness"( high fat diet included ), and hope that our version of post-Reid Philadelphia comes sooner rather than later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14562307)
"Wannabe" what?

I wannabe not watching Reid choke on another playoff dick?

I wannabe enshrining Mahomes in to the Hall of Fame instead of the Chiefs Hall of Shame and Wasted Careers( all welcome our newest members DJ and J. Charles! )???

I wannabe watching a Head Coach that can coach the ENTIRE team and who understands that those shifting numerical digits on the scoreboard are an indicator of the passage of time?

I wannabe not listening to the same dip shit spouting the same ****ing line of garbage about how it's "on him", and he'll "get that fixed" every time he ****s up, but never actually DOES anything to correct the exact same ****ups he makes over and over again?

I wannabe free from listening to delusional idiots continuously defending said clown shoe on the basis of nothing but hope rather than any solid track record of championship performance?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 14562637)
I think the frustration is that his problems are so easy to fix, yet they never get fixed.

Every GDT, about 10-20 posters, in real time, are screaming at Andy when to call/not call a timeout, challenge/not challenge, run/pass on this play, which play not to run in which situation, etc., when and how to burn clock, and they're almost always right.

Yes, we all know how talented Reid is at crafting offenses, but he sucks at things that high school coaches and multiple forum posters know how to do. Even a modicum of humility would make him realize this, yet even with Mahomes' career and health on the line, he won't make the adjustments.

I made the analogy a few years ago that he's like an elite receiver with an untied shoelace who insists on keeping it untied, even though it costs him games. The analogy appears just as relevant now as it was before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 14586488)
It’s time for Andy to go. He runs too loose of a ship. His teams are too undisciplined to win anything of substance

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14586738)
The Fatso problem

Chiefs fans its important to know,

Fatsos teams are nothing but a regular season show.

Many fantasize about winning a title,

Fatso, however, will put those dreams on idle.

To Fatso’s credit; he got paid,

And he rewarded us with Mahomo which is our foundational piece laid.

We think of Mahomo as that “magical” thrill,

yet he is overruled by Fatsos poor game management skills.

Evidence suggests that Fatso has no game management flow,

and accounts for many of the games that the Chiefs blow.

Many of us are aware that he can’t adjust,

that is why he is a bust.

His overall prestige may be solid as a rock,

But oh how mind baffling is it that he can’t even manage a clock?!?!?!

In close tight games those miscues will spell shame,

And when that time comes, fatso will be the name to blame.

Disappointing playoff losses make his regular season profile more valid,

Perhaps the only bowl he will hoist will be that of a salad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14587521)
We're not winning with this defense and we're certainly not winning with this fraud of a coach, period :harumph: .

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14588385)
Dude...I want Minnesota's OC.

They can really run. Their Oline BLOCKS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14591075)
Precipice of discovering?

Andy Reid is an open book, not some kind of secret. He's the offensive version of Marty Schottenheimer. Andy is a great stop-gap Head Coach if your offense is broken. He can fix your offensive, stabilize your team and get you to the playoffs.

You sign Andy for 5 yrs and then you move on, Perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14591131)
Andy is a great coach in every aspect except when the game is close and on the line. He does not have the killer instinct to put teams away. We have seen Andy's team choke away games in every conceivable manner now. He is a jinx that stands there like he expects the team to lose-no emotion- just stoic, ready to go down with the ship and fall on his sword during the press conference afterward. Nothing ever changes with this guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 14594634)
Reid is the Alex Smith of coaching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14770818)
I LOVE ANDY REID

Some gems here. I love this thread.

CasselGotPeedOn 05-10-2020 10:01 AM

Rabble has at least seen the error of his ways. Sweet daddy hate most likely still thinks Andy is a terrible coach. I'm pretty sure he said Tom Cable was just as good of a HC as Andy. LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

staylor26 05-10-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14559661)
If Mahomes is Michael Jordan, Andy Reid is Doug Collins.

Chiefs will need a Phil Jackson to get over the top.

What. A. ****ing. Moron.

RealSNR 05-10-2020 10:29 AM

I'm still waiting for a Chiefs fan to tell me what game management entails.

Some of them legit believe it's only about calling plays, and they believe calling plays is as easy as it is on Madden.

staylor26 05-10-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14963014)
I'm still waiting for a Chiefs fan to tell me what game management entails.

Some of them legit believe it's only about calling plays, and they believe calling plays is as easy as it is on Madden.

If a play doesn’t work it was a bad call. Execution is irrelevant!

RealSNR 05-10-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14963016)
If a play doesn’t work it was a bad call. Execution is irrelevant!

And who's responsible for that execution?!

Who's responsible for a player committing a penalty?!

Who's responsible for every QB overthrow, RB fumble, and whiffed tackle?!

Fire Andy!!!!

staylor26 05-10-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14963018)
And who's responsible for that execution?!

Who's responsible for a player committing a penalty?!

Who's responsible for every QB overthrow, RB fumble, and whiffed tackle?!

Fire Andy!!!!

Oh of course. It’s also his fault that Dee Ford forgot where to line up on the biggest play of the game/season! He was supposed to remind him!

Sassy Squatch 05-10-2020 10:51 AM

Bringing on Spagnuolo was such a good move. As long as he's here and his players are performing at that level I see no reason why we aren't winning multiple championships. Even injuries this year to key players couldn't stop us in the end.

staylor26 05-10-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14963032)
Bringing on Spagnuolo was such a good move. As long as he's here and his players are performing at that level I see no reason why we aren't winning multiple championships. Even injuries this year to key players couldn't stop us in the end.

Wait, I was told this was a bad move? Hamas said we should’ve went with somebody like John Pagano.

LMAO

Kiimo 05-10-2020 10:54 AM

A lot of people were down on Spags and they had a pretty good argument. He has utterly failed before but it worked here.